Sweater Couple - DAY6 Jae

Jimin's Not-So-Hopeless Love - Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sweater Couple

Where Jimin is jealous of Jae's ability to wear sweaters and Jae who just wants to brag about his new sweater. Could this connection to an object evolve their relationship? After a certain misunderstanding, sweaters become their favourite clothing.

 

Park Jimin and Park Jaehyung were contestants of KPOPSTAR1, Jimin being the winner while Jaehyung placing sixth on the show.

They had both decided to sign with JYP entertainment, and they both became label mates there.

Jimin of course, debuted earlier in a duo called 15& due to her winning first place, while Jaehyung had to train and wait longer for his debut.

Later, he would debut under the name DAY6 as Jae, he didn't mind as he preferred being called Jae anyway.

The girl in return congratulated him of his debut on Instagram.

Over the years, Jimin and Jae befriended each other and grew closer, it was inevitable after all, as they both spoke English and saw each other everyday.

Their friendship grew to the point of exchanging texts and tweets really early in the morning.

They were also close because both of them were dorks, huge dorks.

Jimin being sarcastic and sassy, while Jae being very self-loving and sarcastic as well.

You would wonder how their friendship lasted so long with Jae's excessive self-praise to Jimin at 2 AM in the morning, and Jimin's natural sassy attitude.

Sometimes Jimin would wonder that too, how she should even deal with the boy. The girl sometimes wondered whether she should block his number or ignore his messages all together.

But Jimin never did so because she secretly, although she won't admit it, adored Jae.

 

So how did they end up with the title "Sweater Couple"?

 

It all started with a normal day at JYP entertainment.

As fall descended in the country, the days started to be more colder and windy.

Today was no exception.

Jae and his group members piled into the van and headed towards the company.

All of the members were very sleepy but one man. That man's name was Park Jaehyung, as he happily tugged his fresh new white hoodie over his head.

He had bought it at the mall for a very nice price, s had asked if that was all he was getting, but they just didn't understand, not even Young Hyun!

Jae guessed it was because Young Hyun always had managed to look nice where ever he went, but whenever he was at the dorms Young Hyun was way worse than he was, that rascal. 

Jae only needed this comfy sweater, nothing more, nothing less. Especially since the weather had been pretty chilly lately.

 

Jimin had to go to the company early since she had a schedule for ASC later in the day. 

It was a hassle getting ready in the morning and trying to not look like you haven't slept for a million years.

Although she may not have a lot of schedules compared to others, she remained at the company to improve on her vocals and exercise her body.

Traveling in a nice blouse and skirt with the usual heels, she sat in her van freezing. 

How do I even cope with this everyday?

The girl frowned, as she tried to get warmth from the blanket draped on her bare legs. These were the consequences of being in the entertainment industry.

If only the entertainment industry didn't prohibit her from wearing sweaters...

 Jimin only needed a comfy sweater, nothing more, nothing less. Especially since the weather had been pretty chilly.

 

Little did the two know, the sweaters would be the source of the fateful meeting between Jae and Jimin.

 

Jae and s arrived at JYP entertainment shortly, with Jae walking towards the company with a hop in his step.

Junhyeok stared at his happy hyung and shook his head. "How does a sweater excite Jae hyung so much?" 

Young Hyun chuckled and put a hand on Junhyeok's shoulder "Let him have his fun."

When Jae stepped into the company building, he was ready to brag about his sweater to practically everyone.

The staff, to other artists, to trainees, and especially to one girl named Park Jimin.

She was practically radiating jealously when she found out how often and how many sweaters he could wear.

Of course he would take the chance of boasting to someone about his awesomeness.

After bragging to everyone he could find about his sweater, he decided to wait for the girl on the main floor, knowing the girl had a schedule today.

 

Meanwhile, the said girl shortly arrived at the company. Shivering, she hurriedly scurried inside the company, hoping the heater would warm her up.

Jae who had been loitering at the main lobby, saw the girl and brightened up. Ah what a perfect opportunity to say how awesome his sweater is.

"Jamie!" He called running over to Jimin, the girl who was called regretted walking into the company.

Jimin knew the boy would flaunt and give her a whole lecture about how awesome he was again.

Turning around, she stared at his glowing face.

"What's with your face today?" She asked, throwing the usual diss at the boy.

Jae who of course was used to Jimin's usual sass, continued to beam a proud smile.

"Look at my sweggy sweater! Aren't you jealous?" The boy beamed, gesturing to his oh so beautiful hoodie.

The girl in response rolled her eyes, of course she was jealous. Did he even have to ask?

"Is that even a wor-achoo!" Jimin stopped midway into her sentence, sneezing pretty loud.

Rubbing her arms, she decided to go to a more warmer part of the company.

Jae who was smugly smirking was in the middle of imagining her jealous reaction, but that was interrupted when the girl sneezed.

Jae finally snapped out of his triumphant phase and finally paid attention to his surroundings, specifically to what Jimin was wearing.

"Jamie what are you wearing?" The boy deadpanned at her attire.

The said girl was baffled by his change of attitude and words. "I'm wearing the usual clothes I wear?"

"You could've wore a jacket at least" Jae stated frowning, finally showing an expression.

Jimin who was confused, understood then what he was talking about.

"Ah yeah, I woke up late so I forgot to take my jacket on the way out." She explained rubbing her arms again. Wow the main floor sure was cold.

Listening to her response, the boy frowned even more and recalled a certain memory. 

I remember how Junhyeok was worrying about Jamie sleeping in for the past week

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter