Midnight - N.Flying Kwangjin

Jimin's Not-So-Hopeless Love - Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Midnight

An AU where Jimin does not believe in fairy tales, specifically Cinderella. Yerin thinks otherwise and is determined to show Jimin the wonders of fairy tales and love. To convince Jimin, Yerin decides to take her to a ball where Jimin encounters a mysterious man.

 

Park Jimin was a woman that didn't believe in fairy tales, as a child she had always thought these stories were fictional and that love was not magical as it says.

There was no particular reason the girl didn't believe in the tales, but as Jimin grew up, she was hit with the reality of love.

From the excitement of having a crush, to finding out the true personality of the boy.

Believing in love, to getting her heart broken.

Love was not like a fairy tale.

It just didn't work out that way.

Love was impossible, not magical as the fairy tales say.

Her friends had often expressed their views on love and how they wanted to be like the girls in fairy tales.

Jimin often argued back, saying they had not experienced the reality of love.

Yerin who was always present, was concerned for her best friend.

It sounded like Jimin had given up on love. 

And Yerin was right, Jimin had given up.

She felt like there was no more hope left.

 

One should not give up easily when there is still a chance during her long life

 

Kwon Kwangjin was a man who was bored, of what you may ask?

He was bored with all the same ladies he had seen in his lifetime.

The boy's parents had thrown balls and parties monthly, with Kwangjin having to constantly participate.  

It wasn't like he wanted to be there, his parents often forced him to be there since he was their son.

It was to be polite and to welcome the new guests that entered their big mansion every month.

With balls and parties, there had to be some very astounding and pretty ladies. Of course there were.

They were all pretty interested in Kwangjin himself.

Unfortunately, they were always the same type of ladies.

Snobby, trying to get on his good side, and always wanted him for his looks. 

It wasn't like he wanted to find true love or anything, but the boy just wanted to meet a girl who wouldn't throw away who she is for status.

As years past by, the boy began to lose more and more hope.

To the point where Kwangjin did not care about the balls and parties anymore.

What was the point?

Everyone threw themselves away for a higher status, why should he even care anymore?

He felt like there was no more hope left.

 

Why does youth give up so easily?

Time is unpredictable, anything could happen.

 

It was a normal winter day in the city of Seoul, the skies were grey, streets were filled with snow, and the sight of penguin-like humans in coats walked around the city.

Jimin sighed as it was another cold day.

Jimin worked as a waitress in a nice small cafe, there weren't many customers but the cafe was very warm, both customers and staff alike. 

The cafe hadn't opened yet and at the moment, Jimin was enjoying a nice cup of hot tea.

It was nice, drinking nice warm tea while listening to the soft background music playing, if onl-

The girl's thoughts were interrupted when the door slammed opened and a familiar figure hurriedly scurried into the warmth of the cafe.

"It's soo cold" Yerin exclaimed rubbing her arms, Jimin amusedly looked at her best friend.

"You should've got here earlier Yerinn" Jimin shrugged her shoulders and continued to drink her tea.

Shaking off her baggy coat and grabbing her uniform, Yerin headed for the change room.

"I would've but then I wouldn't have gotten the exciting news!!" Yerin sang, closing the door and making the girl in the room curious. 

What could it be?

When Yerin finally came out of the change room, Jimin was staring at her intently, waiting for her friend to tell what the news was.

Laughing, Yerin told her what was going on.

"We have a ball this weekend!! Everyone is going and we are too!"

Jimin's shoulders slumped, this wasn't important at all!

Rolling her eyes, Jimin shook her head.

"Yerin I'm not going"

"Come onn Jimin! It'll be fun!" Yerin reasoned, eyes sparkling at her brilliant plan.

Jimin continued shaking her head.

"I'll go to that new restaurant with you" Yerin bribed, knowing that would catch her friend's attention.

Recently, this restaurant had opened and Jimin kept bugging Yerin to go. Unfortunately, Yerin was pretty busy with her multiple jobs.

Jimin could've gone with her other friends, but Yerin was her best friend!!

Plus, Jimin had wanted Yerin to take a break. She had been overworking herself too much!

Springing up from her seat, Jimin put out her hand.

"Deal!"

Yerin smiled widely behind her hand, and sealed the deal with the girl.

"Deal"

This will be fun.

 

Kwangjin stared uninterestedly at the suits in the store.

His parents had dragged the boy to go shopping for the ball, and he did not want to be here.

"Kwangjin! I think this will look nice on you!" His mom called, waving him over.

The boy reluctantly made his way over to his mother's side with a permanent frown on his features.

When his mother saw that frown, she sighed internally.

She knew how the parties and balls were beginning to affect him.

She couldn't help it because it was for their growing business and the fact that they actually liked throwing these monthly parties.

The boy headed to the change room, while his mother worriedly stared after him.

The only thing she could hop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter