I Hate You - DAY6 Jae

Jimin's Not-So-Hopeless Love - Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I Hate You

"I hate you" "I love you" Despite their bickering, these two were absolutely smitten with each other. They just never realized it.

 

"I hate you!"

Jae exclaimed, seeing Jimin trying to humiliate him once again on national television.

Putting his hands over his face, Jae screamed internally.

This was not what he wanted.

He thought going as a test rat on a show that Jimin hosted would be okay. He thought maybe if this went well, it'll all be cool when Day6 finally went on television too.

He was dead wrong.

This child who held his reputation on his hands was sitting there smugly, trying to expose Jae bear for all the world to see.

Well maybe he was exaggerating, but Jimin was having way too much fun. 

She just had way too much power.

"I love youu" Jimin sang, laughing at getting the chance to .

Jae's eyes were caught onto that movement, like someone under a spell.

There was this thing Jimin did every time with the eye crinkle and childish smile when she laughed. 

It sent Jae's heart running for the hills. Really, how could Jimin do this to him? Did she know what power she possessed?

"You have to be nice to me!"

He was defenseless against the storm that was Jimin.

 

"Jimin you two sure are close" Kevin had told her after the show.

"Yeah, I mean we knew each other for a long time Kevin! We just said this on the show!" Jimin emphasized, giving Kevin a playful stare despite her words.

"No that's not what I mean" Kevin replied, smiling knowingly. 

"I'm leaving" Jimin stated rolling her eyes and turned around, knowing what her oppa was going to say.

"Don't grow up too fast Jiminie!" He called after her, with tears in his eyes.

Oh how she grew up so fast.

Kevin was no fool when he saw how happy Jimin was to have Jae as the guest, her eyes were twinkling and today's show really revealed a face of a young girl.

It was probably the happiest he'd seen her since Eric had left.

Jimin huffed, seriously if Kevin was implying what she think he was implying....

Jimin shivered and frowned at what her thoughts led to.

Thoughts of them holding hands, looking into each other's eyes, and ki-

Jimin shook her head rapidly.

Her and Chicken Little??? A relationship????

No, no, no.

That would never happen in a million years. 

Man, this was Kevin's fault for putting these ideas in her head.

Seeing the object of her thoughts, she quickly revised her thoughts. No, it was Jae's fault for being here in the first place.

Jimin knew she was being childish, but who else could she blame?

"Jae, you're treating me!!"

 

Jimin sighed for what was the billionth time again in her work station.

She was working on her new album, 19 to 20.

It was hard, making an album was so difficult.

The last time she made a comeback was about a year ago, but this time she wanted to challenge herself and try writing and composing the songs.

But she was in a slump and the deadline was nearing.

Jimin put her head on the cool desk, frustration sinking into her mind.

Jimin didn't understand how artists could make an album. How they were able to make an album that would satisfy the expectations of their fans?

She knew how long her Baby J's were waiting, and how much they wanted this album to be amazing.

She knew how much JYP believed in her and had her practicing writing multiple songs in a day.

She knew how hard her composer friends were working on the album for her.

What if she messed up? What if she disappointed everyone?

What if she disappointed herself?

That was what Jimin was scared of most of all. She knew what expectations she had of herself.

As a singer, as a artist, as a person.

Jimin knew of all the times she was constantly compared to her older unnie Lee Hayi, how Jimin should've joined YG. How she could've been more popular.

In a way she felt it was her fault, for not being good enough to be popular.

Then if she were to fail now, would it be over?

In fact, if she did fail was being a singer even-

Before Jimin could finish that lingering big question, she felt a warm hand on her blonde crown.

"Why're you crying?"

Looking at the figure above her, Jimin frowned when she realized tears were sliding down her cheeks. 

Wiping her eyes furiously, Jimin scowled more at Jae.

"Ch-ch-chicken Little what are you doing here?"

"I was wondering how you were doing but here you are being ugly" Jae shrugged, sliding in the chair next to her.

Eyebrows furrowing more, Jimin hit Jae in the shoulder.

"Ow! I was trying to help!"

"You clearly are so good at comforting others" She bit back sarcastically.

"So tell me what's on your mind" 

"What makes you think there's something wrong!?" Jimin defensively shouted, voice echoing in the recording studio.

She didn't want anyone to see her weak, she was always strong. Jimin was always the vitamin among her peers.

Why did Jae have to be the one to find her?

Why was Jae even here?  

Why couldn't he leave her alone?

Jae was silent for once, he was always usually talking like the chicken he was. However, the atmosphere felt as if you could hear a pin drop.

Jimin was bothered by this sudden change, she didn't like this.

Finally after a few moments of silence, Jae stared at her with that look and uttered two words.

"Tell me"

Jimin was startled, she never seen that expression before. It was caring, affectionate, concerned for her, as if telling her everything would be okay.

And Jimin wanted to believe in Jae's expression so she did.

After her explanations, Jae held her face with his palms and gazed into her eyes.

She was quite embarrassed by the proximity, she could see his brown orbs and smell a faint cologne. 

It felt strange.

Before Jimin could dwell on that, a question fell from his lips.

"Do you want to quit?"

Jimin's eyes widened.

Jimin's mind flashed to her family, Yerin, JYP, her fans, ASC, and him.. What was he talking about!? There were too many reasons to not give up!! She wouldn't give up! What was the point of letting them support her for if she quit rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter