Constant - SEVENTEEN Joshua

Jimin's Not-So-Hopeless Love - Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Constant

An AU where Jimin and Joshua have been dating for a long time, there wasn't a time where either of them were un-present in their lives, assuming they are around the same age. Jimin reminisces about her whole relationship with her boyfriend.

 

Tweet! Tweet!

The sounds of birds singing and chirping could be heard in the spring morning of Seoul.

The town was buzzing with people who were on their way to work, interacting with others, those going on with their usual routines.

This was the sight a girl named Park Jimin would see everyday outside her window.

Releasing a sigh, the girl picked up her cup of coffee and took moderate sips.

A hum was heard behind her, with the soft notes of a guitar playing in the apartment.

It was pleasant, this lifestyle for Jimin was pretty peaceful.

Placing the cup down with a resounding clink, the girl took a few steps towards the sofa, sitting down and leaning back.

The notes of the guitar were right next to her ear and there was a warm gaze on her person.

Lips curving up, Jimin smiled, turning her head to look at her boyfriend.

Brown eyes to brown eyes.

Reflected in his eyes was the girl's visage, big almond eyes filled with affection.

Breaking eye contact, the boy resumed playing his guitar while the girl closed her eyes head swaying with the sounds.

There were no words exchanged, it was silent.

It was a comfortable silence.

Transitioning to his next piece, Jimin was feeling drowsy.

A nap wouldn't hurt.

Not at all.

The girl drifted off into a deep slumber, the serenade continuing in the little apartment.

 

"He's at it again?"

A girl named Lim Dayoung questioned, crossing her arms giving a troubled expression.

"Yeah, Ayeon unnie and I were staying up to watch movies and we heard the sounds of a guitar. It had to be him again"

A girl named Lee Ha Yi explained, while reaching to grab a book from her book shelve.

A giggle came from a third girl, who was sitting on a bed.

"I think it's cute" Baek Ayeon commented, continuing to giggle.

A door opened and closed announcing the arrival of their last and un-present roommate.

"Hey what's going on?" A younger Jimin questioned, walking into their shared dorm in the academy.

"Lover boy is at it again unnie!" Dayoung exclaimed.

"Ahh guitar boy?"

"Mhm at approximately 12 AM last night, the sounds of a guitar disrupted the peaceful night. 30 minutes later, the sounds of the head lady stomping was heard and 10 minutes later the guitar playing stopped" Ha Yi confirmed, flipping open her book.

"Why does lover boy keep doing this every night? Isn't it tiring? Why won't he let us sleep?!" Dayoung complained, flailing her arms.

"Who knows?" Ayeon smiled knowingly, shrugging her shoulders.

"Unnie you know something don't you?!"

"Do I?"

The three stared curiously at the older girl.

She does know something.

 

In the private academy in Seoul, the students attending were to live in the housing the school provided. Specifically boys and girls were separated and were given curfews at 9 PM.

There were cases where there have been sneak outs and ins in both of the sections, however they only happened once in a while.

A month ago, a mysterious male had started coming to the girls' dorms at 12 AM and would play soft songs on his guitar.

At first the girls thought it was pretty romantic, and felt it was really pleasant to listen to.

However, after listening to it for a month, they began to get tired and annoyed with it. Especially the head who managed the girls' dorm.

No matter how many times the head told the student off, or the many angry complaints from the female residents, the boy would still keep coming back to play.

 

The sky was seeped with dark colours, letting the lone girl awake know it was pretty late.

Jimin sat at her desk, eyes concentrated on the papers in front of her.

The girl tried to cram in the context in her brain.

The digital clock in front of her indicated it was 11:50 P.M.

She re-read the words again, making her head ache.

Sighing, Jimin put her fingers on her head, massaging her temples.

It was like this everyday, Jimin would stay up later than her roommates studying and doing her homework.

She had to keep maintaining her grades and make sure she understood the context of each new lesson!

It wasn't healthy at all for the girl and her roommates and friends constantly voiced that opinion.

Jimin would stay up past midnight, only getting a few hours of sleep which would lead her to being sleepy in school.

Glancing at the numbers at the clock, the girl realized it was a minute away until it was 12 AM.

Brown eyes wandering to the window, Jimin got up and crept towards it.

Placing her elbow on the window sill and a hand to her cheek, she looked out and gazed at the pitch dark night, eyes trying to identify the mysterious lover boy.

The first note rang out in the silent night, the girl knowing right away that it had begun.

Squinting her eyes, Jimin quickly tried to find a figure.

Noticing a gleam, her eyes shifted towards a tall tree, noticing a figure sitting on a branch.

Panicking a bit, the girl quickly withdrew and slid down the wall beside the window, quietly listening to the melody.

Staring dazedly into the dark room, her eyes slowly slid close.

Jimin fell asleep, her work forgotten with the guitar continuing to sing.

 

"Oh Jimin ah! Did you get enough sleep? It looks like you slept well" Jimin's friend Baek Yerin pointed out in class the next d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter