Smiles and Laughter - BTS Jungkook

Jimin's Not-So-Hopeless Love - Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Smiles and Laughter

An AU where Jimin and Jungkook are best friends who are in their last year of high school (assuming BTS are the same age as well), make each other smile. There is laughter and smiles shared between them, but is it really because they are just best friends? They find out what they really feel due to a group blind date to the movie theaters.

 

Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook were best friends from way back, a time where a little girl and boy would dance in the rain and jump in mud puddles, giggling with each other.

As they grew up, they still had kept that close bond between them, that bond growing stronger without both of them noticing.

People who saw them for the first time would say they look like a couple, but it was the exact opposite.

They were best friends, nothing more, nothing less.

They would proclaim, every time someone asked.

 

But were they really just best friends? Is their relationship really only limited to friendship?

 

"Jungkookie!" Jimin called to her best friend, running up to the said boy who was locking his front door.

The two friends lived across from each other, which was the reason how they met and befriended each other.

"Jimin ah!" Jungkook responded, greeting her with a prize worthy derp face.

The girl laughed returning a very high class derp face of her own.

"Did you study for the test for English today?" Jimin inquired, with an knowing expression on her face. She knew the boy was really bad with the subject, compared to the other subjects which of course he excelled at.

"I tried to study but it just didn't work.." Jungkook sullenly pouted, Jimin of course knew what he really did that night.

"You played video games last night didn't you?" The girl questioned, giving the boy a 'you better not lie to me' look.

Jungkook who obviously knew he couldn't worm out from her grasp, reluctantly nodded.

"I had to beat my hyungs on the last level!" He reasoned, flailing his arms and gave a pitiable expression.

"You understand right Jimin!? Help a friend out pleasee!" He begged, getting into her personal space.

Jimin had gone to an international school before she moved into her current home, excelling at English in her school.

The said girl huffed and lightly punched his arm. "Fine but you owe me some good food." Jungkook elated by her response did a silly dance, resulting a big laugh from Jimin, joining him they both danced like dorks in the streets.

The two then proceeded to walk towards their high school, joking and bantering with each other.

 

The English test was 3 hours away, which meant there were only 3 hours for Jungkook to study for the test.

Thankfully for the first few classes, there wasn't much work to be done, so Jimin and Jungkook took the opportunity to study English.

"Okay I'm going to test you Jungkookie!" Jimin abruptly stated, causing the boy to suddenly sweat nervously.

"Which sentence is written correctly?" "The girl laughs and the boy smiles happily, they are best friends. The best friends laugh because with each other. Or, the girl and boy are best friends, they laugh together because they are with each other."

"Uh... uh.. The girl laughs and the boy smiles happily, they are best friends?" Jungkook hesitantly answered, failing to get the answer from Jimin's expression.

"You were close but it's the last option, the girl and boy are best friends, they laugh together because they are with each other." Jimin patted his back, he tried his best.

"Yah, yah, yah!" A shout came from the door, the two turning to look at the source of the sound.

It was Park Jimin, who shared the same name as Jamie, and Kim Taehyung who were good friends of both the individuals.

"Are you guys studying for English?" Taehyung asked, peering over Jamie's notes.

"Hey! I'm testing him!" Jamie, swatted him away from her notes.

"Whether you're testing him or not, you can't deny this is a study date" The male Jimin piped in, wiggling his eyebrows at the both of them.

"You two are dating aren't you? I knew it you sly foxes!" Taehyung joined Jimin's teasing, wiggling his eyebrows as well.

Jungkook's friends and Jamie's friends "shipped" Jungkook and Jamie together since day one, and the two were very tired of their shipping.

Jamie rolled her eyes while Jungkook made a face at the two boys.

"Anyways, the reason we're here is not to tease you, we wanted to ask if the both of you are up for a blind group date" Jimin interjected, pleading with big eyes.

"There are some really cute girls from other schools! Since you two aren't dating anyone, can you please come along! Of course there are cute boys there too Jamie!" Taehyung added.

Jamie sighed, these boys will really be the death of her one day.

Exchanging a look with Jungkook, they reluctantly nodded.

"Fine, fine, now go away so we can study." Jamie agreed, shooing away the happy boys.

"We'll text you the details later! Thanks again!" Jimin and Taehyung called running off to who knows where.

The two went back to studying for the English test.

 

Jimin and Jungkook finished writing the English test, the two walked out of the class heading towards their next classes.

Jimin peered at Jungkook's expression wondering if he thought if the test was okay or not.

"How was the test Jungkookie?"

The said boy whipped his head to Jimin, startling her in the process.

"I aced it!" He exclaimed, giving a peace sign towards the baffled girl.

Jimin pouted and punched his arm again. "Don't do that! You scared me!"

Although she was startled, the two grinned and laughed with each other.

A sudden ping interrupted their laughter, curious about what it was, Jungkook retrieved his phone from his pocket and the both of them stared at the screen.

To:Kookie    "We're all meeting at the movie theaters tonight at 6! We're goi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter