SM High Chapter 07

SM High

 

That night, Yoona is already sleeping. Sooyoung could not sleep at all. Firstly, she is not used to sleeping on a bed that is not her own. And secondly, she is getting a little too excited about sleeping beside Yoona. She fidgeted a lot but stopped when she finds herself facing Yoona's sleeping face. It looks very peaceful and beautiful. She could not stop staring, and admiring the beautiful features of this doe-eye girl in front of her. Without realising, her hand moves towards the face of the beautiful doe-eye girl and rested lightly on it, and feeling the soft cheeks of the girl. The doe-eye girl fidgeted suddenly, startling Sooyoung, who pulls her hand away immediately and tries to pretend to be sleeping. After a short while, Sooyoung opens her eyes slightly, peeking at the doe-eye girl. She is still sleeping. This time, Sooyoung's eyes fell on Yoona's lips, and once again, she could not stop staring.
Wait.. what am I doing?! I have to control myself! Sooyoung looked away immediately, blushing madly.
"... Oppa.. You're awake..?" Suddenly, a sleepy voice interrupted Sooyoung's train of thoughts. Yoona has woken up.
"I.. I'm sorry. Did I woke you up?" Sooyoung replied, feeling really sorry for disturbing the girl's sleep.
"It's okay.. Sleep early, oppa.. We still have lessons tomorrow.." Yoona, though sleepy, flashed a smile at Sooyoung before falling asleep again.
Sooyoung turns around to face Yoona again, and before she knew it, she fell asleep too. Probably because she finally relaxed after hearing Yoona's voice.

-----

The muffled alarm clock rang softly under the pillow of the doe-eye girl, waking her up instantly. She rubbed her eyes, and opened it slightly. It is still quite dark, but the bright moonlight brightened up the room. Wanting to get up, she realised that she was stuck and could not do so. The tall girl beside her is actually hugging her tightly, and is no longer on her own bed. In fact, the tall girl is on the doe-eye girl's bed.
"... Oppa.." Yoona whispered into the ear of the tall girl. No response. The doe-eye girl pulls one of her arms away from the tall girl's hold and nudged the tall girl gently. "Oppa.."
"... Huh?" The tall girl opens her eyes slightly.
"I need to get up. Could you.."
The tall girl did not really get it at first, but soon understand when she realises that she is hugging Yoona in her sleep. Blushing almost immediately, Sooyoung let go of the girl and moves back to her own bed.
"I.. I'm sorry.." Sooyoung is hoping that Yoona would not notice her reddened face.
"It's okay. Anyway, oppa, time to get up." The doe-eye sits up and looked at Sooyoung, who is still lying on the bed. She smiled and got off the bed. The eyes of the tall girl follow the doe-eye girl, as the girl walks towards the wardrobe to take out her clothes and goes into the bathroom to wash up. Just sleeping beside the doe-eye girl is enough to make her happy, even though they are not dating. It feels as though the girl is hers, both the heart and the body. Happy thoughts just keep on flowing into her mind and soon, she fell asleep again, smiling. After nearly 15 minutes, the doe-eye girl came out of the bathroom, with a towel wrapped around her shoulders. She took out the timetable and start to pack her bag, not realising that the tall girl had fallen asleep again. It was only after she had done packing her bag and was preparing to sit down to read a book while waiting for time to be up, she notices it.
"Oh my.." Slightly shocked, she rushed over to the tall girl and nudged her. "Oppa.. Oppa.. Wake up.. You will be late if you don't.. Oppa.."
The tall girl opens her eyes slightly, and looked at the face of the doe-eye girl, and smiled. "Morning.."
"Oppa.. You really have to get up.."
"You are really cute..." Without realising it again, Sooyoung said it, surprising the doe-eye girl once again.
"O.. Oppa? Wh.. what are you talking about..?"
After hearing that, Sooyoung closed her eyes again, thinking about what she had just said. Just when the doe-eye girl tries to nudge her again, her eyes shot open, and she sat up immediately, blushing. Her whole face is really red now. And it became even redder when she saw the doe-eye girl staring at her, looking surprised. "I.. I'm sorry!" And she jumped off the bed, pulled out a set of clothing from the wardrobe and ran into the bathroom, wanting to hide her face. It was totally embarrassing. How can I say that to her?! Sooyoung slapped herself lightly and shook her head violently, looking at her own reflection in the mirror.
"Oppa.. Better be quick.. We might be late if you don't.." Suddenly, the doe-eye girl knocked gently on the door and reminded the tall girl.
The doe-eye girl stood outside of the bathroom for a while and walked away soon after receiving no reply from the person in the bathroom. She looked around the room, and her eyes stopped at the bag of the tall girl. Thinking that she should save some time, she picks up the bag and start to pack it for the tall girl, putting each book neatly into the bag. It did not take too long until the tall girl came out from the bathroom, looking fresh. But her face is still tinted with redness. She tries to avoid having direct eye contact with the doe-eye girl, in fear that her face would turn red again.
"Are you okay, oppa? Your face is really red since just now.. Are you having a fever?" The doe-eye girl moves closer to the tall girl and placed her slender hand on the forehead of the tall girl. It makes the tall girl blush once again, and her body temperature shot up. "Oppa.. You are having a fever.."
"I.. I'm okay! Just feelin.. feeling warm du.. due to something..." Sooyoung pulls Yoona's hand away immediately and stepped back slightly. "Ti.. Time to go.. L.. Let's go!"
The tall girl grabbed her bag and ran out of the room instantly, leaving the doe-eye girl to stand alone in the room, feeling confused and puzzled about her actions. She shrugged slightly, picks up her bag and ran after the tall girl. Sooyoung kept on running, and stops suddenly when she remembers something. She did not pack her bag. Crap.. My bag! I didn't.. She opens her bag quickly, and looked through the books. Ehh..?
"I was trying to save some time, so.. I packed it for you.. Hope you don't mind.." The doe-eye girl caught up and saw that the tall girl was frantically looking through her bag.
"A.. ah.. I.. I don't.. Thanks.." Sooyoung closed her bag and sling it over her shoulder. Sh.. she is really perfect~!
The doe-eye girl smiled sweetly and walked away. Sooyoung followed behind her, admiring her once again. The pairs walked down the corridor, up a few flights of stairs and reached their classroom. No one was there yet, probably either too excited or could not get used to sleeping else where other than their own houses, and slept late, resulting in waking up late. Yoona sat down at her own seat and took out a book to read, while Sooyoung rested her head on the table and dozed off soon after.The girls came in one by one eventually, and many stopped beside the tall girl, admiring her handsome sleeping face. Noticing that, Yoona covers Sooyoung's face with her book and smiled at the girls. "Sorry but.. don't crowd around.. She didn't sleep well yesterday.. Let her rest."
The girls apologised politely and went back to their respective seats, keeping down their volume, not wanting to disturb the sleeping girl. The number of people in the class increases as the time goes by, and Sooyoung continues to sleep, oblivious to the fact that the doe-eye girl had been helping to keep the girls away from her, in order to let her sleep peacefully. The corridor start to get a little noisy as the guys, who are going to be late, are rushing to the classroom. And the classroom soon gets noisy too. Since it is going to be hard to get the guys to shut up, as they are coming in altogether, Yoona stopped reading and helped Sooyoung to cover her ears, hoping to block out as much noise as possible. The rest of the class start to get a little excited about Yoona's caring actions towards Sooyoung, forgetting the fact that Sooyoung is a girl. However, Yoona's hands are not enough to block off all the noise. Sooyoung soon wakes up and realise that Yoona is covering her ears. She sat up straight immediately and there is a flush of embarrassment on her face.
"I.. Thank you.." Sooyoung bowed slightly while still sitting down. The doe-eye girl smiled and return to her reading. It is predicted that the redness on Sooyoung face will not go away even until the end of the day. And, it is true. It did not go away.