SM High Chapter 20

SM High

 

Two days after the celebration of Taeyeon's birthday, the group is once again gathering together to study. Examinations are just next week, and they are all busy doing revision. Despite the fact that there is not enough time, Jessica is still sleeping during the study sessions. They had been in Tiffany's room for the whole day, since morning, and the eyes of the blonde girl did not open even a slightest bit. Because it is the week before the examination week, the school allow the students to be excused from lessons and study on their own, and for those that wanted to consult a teacher may do so. The room is quiet, for the first time, and only the sound of pencil scribbling on the papers and the flipping of pages can be heard. Both Yoona and Sooyoung are diligently scribbling some notes as they read, while the rest is just reading.
Yawn. Someone yawned, and from Tiffany's side, a pair of arms can be seen stretching upwards. Tiffany stopped her revision immediately, putting her book down and caressing the cheeks of the blonde girl, who finally opens her eyes. Still lying on Tiffany's lap, the blonde girl reached her hand out and pinched Tiffany's nose gently, making the girl smile.
"Time to get up, Jessi.. You still have to study." Tiffany said, the hair of the blonde girl.
"But I'm tired~ I hate studying.." The girl refuses to get up, showing her ageyo excessively, making the others shivered due to the goosebumps that start to appear on their arms.
"Stop that, Sica.. Goosebumps.." Taeyeon said, rubbing her arms.
Ignoring Taeyeon, Jessica continues to look at Tiffany, before smiling and says, "Fany-ah, do you mind?"
The girl shook her head, showing off her beautiful eye smile. "I like it."
Hearing that, the blonde girl giggled, and got up, standing up and walking to the bathroom to wash her face. When the bathroom door closes, Tiffany continues with her revision. Apparently, only Tiffany and Taeyeon had lost their concentration after the blonde girl woke up.
"Say, Fany, are you two really not dating?" Taeyeon asked again, for the nth time. She had been asking the same question for one year already, but the reply and reaction is always the same. She would be send flying in some random direction, before receiving a no as the answer. This time, it is still the same. And for the next ten minutes, Taeyeon is lying on the floor at one corner, with her soul out of her body and wandering around the room. Eventually, Sunny grabbed her soul and threw it back to the body, before pulling the girl up and slap her for a few times, waking the girl up. Jessica is already sitting beside Tiffany, leaning on her shoulder and reading from the same book as Tiffany. Taeyeon, with her cheeks swollen, is flipping through the book, looking for topics that she is not familiar with. Yoona and Sooyoung are still writing some notes as they read, and the other three are, still, just reading. During the whole of this week, they gathered daily, but at different room each day. Today, they gathered in Tiffany's room, and the next day, they will gather at Yuri's room, followed by Taeyeon's room then back to Tiffany's room again. Yoona's room is the only room that is not used for the study session, as they do not have a huge coffee table in their room for them to use. The week passed really quickly and soon, they are all sitting in the examination hall, taking the examinations. Sleeping for almost half of the time given to them to complete the paper, Jessica finally woke up and start to scribble something on the paper, and five minutes before the time is up, she puts down her pen and leaned to the side, looking to the front, at Tiffany, who is sitting at a few seats in front of her. Taeyeon is feeling a little bored after completing the script, and Sunny's seat is a few seats behind hers, and this means that she could not stare at her girlfriend for the remaining time. Yoona is just looking around, while Sooyoung starts to doodle on the cover of the paper. Finally, the bell rang, signalling to the students that the time is up. The teachers collected the papers and counted, to make sure that everyone had handed it in. The students are then dismissed. For those that do not have any more examination for that day are allowed to go back to study for tomorrow's paper. Yoona approached her girlfriend immediately and both of they start to discuss about the questions, checking their answers with each other, as they gather their stuffs and walk back to the dorm. The two of them start to pack their things, preparing to hop over to Yuri's room later. The week is long, and tiring, especially for Jessica. After the last paper, she literally collapsed and Tiffany had to carry her back to their room and lay her on the bed. It is said that she slept for two days straight. The next two weeks are used for the marking of the papers, and the checking of the papers, followed by the collection of result slips.
"How's your result?" Sooyoung asked, when Yoona came back from the teacher's table after collecting her result slip. Without saying anything, she handed the slip to Sooyoung, who took it and scanned through it right away. "Ohh.. All As. Good job, my dear Yoongie. Anything as a reward? " Sooyoung said, patting her girlfriend on the head, and whispering the last two sentences so that the others would not hear it. Yoona looked around for a moment before smiling at Sooyoung, and pointed to her own lips. Sooyoung understood immediately and nodded. Their results are great. Both of them top the class, with Sooyoung being the first and Yoona being the second, with a difference of one mark in the overall. Meanwhile, Taeyeon is having a small celebration on her own for her good results. She is the forth in class, and Sunny is second.
"Jessica Jung." The teacher called out and the blonde girl stood up lazily, to get her result slip from the teacher.
"How's it?" Tiffany asked, when the girl came back, with a blank look on her face.
The blonde girl sighed. "As usual.." And she handed the slip to Tiffany, before sitting down and lying on the table, ready to sleep. As expected from the lazy genius of the class, Jessica is first in class. She got almost full marks for most of the papers, lacking one or two marks in each paper. Tiffany keeps both Jessica's and hers result slips into her bag, being extra careful of not losing it. Tiffany is third, Yuri is fifth and Hyoyeon is sixth. The group always has good results since first year, and this is why they are always in the same class. Tiffany looked at the sleeping girl beside her and smiled. Her heart is pumping fast. She really likes this blonde girl, but she did not have the courage like Taeyeon's to make her confession. So the two of them stayed as best friends for years, ever since they met for the first time at the age of ten. And she does not mind their relationship to stay as it is now, since they are behaving like a real couple anyway. However, because of that special day is coming, she suddenly wants to confess. After all, there are things that best friends can never do like what couples did. And these are the things that she really wanted to do with the blonde girl.

-----

The day had finally arrive. Tiffany carefully take out the dishes out from the box and put them on the coffee table in Taeyeon's room. Entering the room slightly later, Yuri came in with a box in her hand. She placed the box on the floor and opened it, taking the content out slowly, not wanting to drop it, and putting it in the middle of the table. The candles are lighted, and the room is dimmed. Sunny went out to bring the main star of all these. In less than one minute time, Sunny came back, with the blonde girl following behind her, looking really sleepy. It is obvious that she had just woke up. The light turns on immediately, and the group stood up, singing the song. Tiffany approaches the blonde girl with a shy smile.
"Happy birthday, Jessi." And after saying that, she moves closer, ready to make her confession with her action. But before she could do it, the blonde girl did it. The blonde girl gave her a quick peck on the lips and smiled, before hugging her.
"Thank you, Fany... I love you." Tiffany is surprised at first, but slowly, the sweet feeling overwhelmed her, as she returns the hug. Taeyeon clapped loudly, feeling happy for the two, and got hit by Sunny in the end, for ruining the atmosphere. A new couple is born, and because of that, the relations in this group got a little awkward for Yuri and Hyoyeon, as they are the only ones that are not in relationship. They looked at each other at the same time, and got disgusted at the thought of being together. In the end, the two of them sat at opposite sides.