SM High Chapter 10

SM High

 

Friday, the last school day for the week. The birds start chirping, and the doors of the different rooms in the dorms open up one by one, and the students exit from the rooms, heading towards their classrooms. The doe-eye girl and the tall girl are still in their room, hugging. As the day starts to get brighter, the doe-eye girl suddenly push the girl away.
"Oppa, you have not wash up yet.. Be quick.. It's getting late." She then pushed the girl into the bathroom, and handed her the towel and clothing, before closing the bathroom door for her. She picks up her phone from her desk and looked at the time. If Sooyoung hurries, they would not be late, and in fact, they would be early. However, just when she was going to sit down and relax a little, her phone vibrates suddenly. It was a shock to her. She seldom receives any messages or calls. In fact, it had been years since she last receive one. Curious, she looked at the screen of her phone, and pressing a button on it, opening the message.

From: Unnie
Yoona-ah, hope you are doing fine in the school by yourself. I just want to inform you about something. Oppa is released. Since that place is in Seoul, he might go find you first. Be careful okay?

Looking at the message, she did not realise that is now wide open, as she stared at the last few sentences. Her brother, is someone that she never really met before. He was older than her by five, and memories of him were all vague. Her parents always said that he was overseas, studying. But the truth was known to her when she was fifteen. The truth is that, her brother had always been in Korea. He never left. It was because of his bad behaviour, he was first sent to the boys' home, and later to the prison, which is in Seoul. She never know why he is in prison, since her parents and sister refuse to tell her anything about him. The last time she saw him was when she visited the him in the prison with her sister, to inform him that she is going to a high school in Seoul, which is SM High. He praised her, making her feels that he was a good brother. But her sister does not seem happy at all, especially when her brother was smiling so widely at her. Just then, Sooyoung got out of the bathroom, and saw that the girl is staring blankly at her phone.
"Yoona, is there a problem?" She asked, putting her towel away and picking up her bag.
"It's nothing. Let's go." Yoona smiled, and stuffed her phone into her pocket. Both of them went out of the room and headed for their classroom after locking the door.

-----

The school ended early today. The students start to discuss among themselves, on what activity they should have for the rest of the day and week. Yoona and Sooyoung left the class almost immediately after the teacher dismisses them. On their way back, Taeyeon and her group of friends appeared. Seeing Taeyeon, Yoona pulls her away from the group and started asking about her brother. However, upon hearing about Yoona's brother, Taeyeon's face darken almost immediately.
"That guy is out already?" Taeyeon asked coldly.
"Yea.. Why do you guys always sound so... unhappy when I talk about him?" Yoona is getting more and more puzzled about her family's and relatives' reaction to the mentioning of her brother.
"It's nothing. Just stay away from him. It's not good to be too close with that guy." After saying that, Taeyeon walked away and joined her friends. Yoona returns to Sooyoung's side, slightly frowning, as she tries to figure out why is her brother hated by all of them.
"By the way, Yoona. We are going to the bath house later. Wanna come?" Taeyeon asked.
"Oh? Where is the bath house?"
"In the school. Didn't you know?"
"Really?!"
"Yea. Coming?"
"Sure! Oppa, you are coming with us too right?" Yoona answered happily, forgetting about her brother instantly. Sooyoung got surprised by her, and nodded slightly after noticing all the attention is on her once again. Small discussion started, probably about Yoona's way of addressing her.

-----

"The bath house? No way. I got duty, my dear niece." The security guard refused almost immediately after his short niece asked him to come along to the bath house to relax.
"It's Friday, uncle. And it's getting dark already. No one would be coming in. Let the trainee guard here." Taeyeon insisted, pulling her uncle's strong and muscular arms.
The two of them debated for a long time, not realising that someone is standing in a distance, listening to whatever they are talking about. That person grinned. "So.. Taeyeon and Jong Kook hyung are here too... Where's my dear little sister then..?" After which, that person walked away.
After a long debate, Jong Kook finally gave in. He called the trainee and gave him specific instructions before getting pulled away by his niece, into the school compound. The trainee watched as the two went in, before going back to his seat in the security post, when someone suddenly came and attempted to walk in without registering at the security post. The trainee stopped him immediately.
"I'm a student." He lied, grinning.
"Where's your tag?" The trainee asked.
"I accidentally left it in my room."
"Do you have anyone that you can contact?"
"No. I didn't bring anything. I was planning to take a short walk. Stop asking. I know Jong Kook hyung. I will explain to him myself, okay? See ya!" And he ran in before the trainee could say anything. The trainee was stunned and tried to chase but someone else came in, and he had to get back to his seat. While doing his job, the trainee continues to worry about the mysterious guy that went in without permission. Most importantly, he was afraid that Jong Kook would scold him. On the other hand, that person stop running and turns around to peek at the security post.
"That was easy. Ha." He continues to walk down the corridor. "Where are they huh? Bath house? Maybe she will be with them." Thinking about that, he grinned happily at his own thoughts. "My dear little sister... who grown so much after such a long time.. I'm coming to look for you now.."
He looked at the small map situated outside the office and found the bath house immediately. Without further ado, he strolled down the corridor, heading towards the bath house, whistling happily.