SM High Chapter 04

SM High

 

Sooyoung skipped home happily. She is happy about the rapidly improving relationship with Yoona. Both of them chatted a lot while they were eating just now, and she got to know Yoona so much better. Similar to her, Yoona is also a big eater and she enters SM High because it does not require them to wear a uniform, something that she does not like to wear a lot. She also get to know that Yoona is actually living in Incheon, which is would take her nearly 54 minutes to get to Seoul from there. Upon reaching the front door, Sooyoung pushed the handle down and opens the door lightly, went in and close the door lightly too. Her actions surprises her mother, who is standing outside the kitchen and looking at her. It was probably the first time in a hundred years that Sooyoung did not slam that door close. Not noticing her mother, Sooyoung went upstairs, into her own room and sitting down at her desk. She was smiling widely for no reason. Since it is just the first day, there is obviously no homework. Sooyoung took out the form that the teacher gave them today and stared at it for a while before standing up again. She opens her bedroom door and was shocked when she realises that her mother is just standing outside, preparing to knock the door.
"M.. mum?! You scared me!" Sooyoung placed her right hand at her chest and stepped back one step.
"I was just going to ask you how's today... Did something happen?" Her mother replied with a blank look.
"Why do you ask..? Does it look like something happen today..?"
"You close the door gently just now.. So I thought.."
Sooyoung is speechless. Just because she closes the door gently and now her mother is thinking that something had happened. She probably thought that it is a miracle.
"Nothing.. By the way, I want to stay in the dorm.. And relax, the girls' dorm." Sooyoung passed the form in her hand to her mother.
Her mother took the form and stared at it for a while before nodding slightly. With the form in her hand, she walks away and went downstairs without saying anything. After nearly one minute, she reappears and handed the form to Sooyoung. Sooyoung took it immediately and looked for her mother's signature. It was there, big and clear. A wide smile swept across Sooyoung's face and she thanked her mother, for the first time since she reached the age of twelve, surprising her mother once again. The relationship between Sooyoung and her mother had became distant ever since Sooyoung became twelve, and befriended some new friends who do not bother about their families at all and hang out all day long. As their friend, Sooyoung was not home for the whole day. Even on weekends and holidays, she would be out and be back only at midnight, when her parents and sister are already sleeping. The interactions between her and her family drop drastically. So drastically that Sooyoung starts to feel awkward to be with them. It was as though they are strangers to her. It only started to improve when her friends suddenly refuse to hang out with her, not picking her calls and avoiding her. It was later known to her that there is a rumor about her, saying that she likes girls and her friends were afraid that she might take a liking to them. The awkward relationship that she has with her family became better and she was able to talk to them comfortably soon. However, she starts to throw the skirts and dresses that she own away, and only buy male clothing to wear. Even though her mother is getting worried about whether the rumor is true or not, she allows Sooyoung to do the things her own way, in order to mend the awkward relationship faster. When she sees that Sooyoung is so happy after she signed the form for her, she could help but to feel happy too. After all, Sooyoung is her daughter and she loves her a lot. Until now, she was still hoping that rumor is just a rumor and not the truth. This is also why she got agitated when Sooyoung told her that she wish to be mistaken as a guy by her new schoolmates.
"When are you moving into the dorm?" She asked the excited daughter of hers.
"Mm? I'm not sure. The teacher says that he will tell us more tomorrow, when we hand in the form." Sooyoung calmed down and looked at her mother.
"Remember to tell me as soon as possible, okay? So that I can prepare your favourite food for you before you move into the dorm." Her mother continued, smiling.
Sooyoung's mind went blank. She stared at her mother, who is smiling at her. It feels warm. And she likes it. It was as though the wall in between them had melted due to the warmth of that smile. She smiles too. She knows that her mother is still worrying about that rumor from five years ago. She, herself, was sure that the rumor is not a rumor. But she wanted her mother to continue to believe that it is, so that she would not be disappointed. Even though it is going to be hard, she just wanted her mother to be happy and their relationship to continue to improve. Her mother went downstairs soon after, to prepare their dinner. Sooyoung turns around to look at her own room. It is as messy as ever. She decided to clean it up for once, before she moves into the dorm. She has to learn to clean up too, in order not to bring any trouble to her future roommate.

-----

Sooyoung was up early today. At first, she was surprised when she saw the unusually clean room of hers, but soon remember that she just cleaned it up yesterday. She got out of the bed and starts to pack her bag for the day. She then proceeded to the bathroom to wash up. However, as she reached for the handle of the bathroom door, the door opens, revealing her sister who is preparing to go to school. She used to have a good relationship with her sister, but ever since she was twelve, it became awkward. And since her sister always wakes up early and left the house early, and comes back home late due to the heavy homework loads, she barely sees her sister around. Today was her first time seeing her sister after so long.
"... M.. Morning, unnie.." Sooyoung greeted, bowing politely and awkwardly.
"Oh. Morning, Sooyoung." Her sister greets back with a smile. "I.. I'm done using the bathroom.."
Sooyoung nodded slightly and her sister walks out of the toilet, closing the door behind her for Sooyoung. Sooyoung stared blankly at the mirror, thinking about her choice to move into the dorm. She is starting to feel the warm of the family, a feeling that she lost since the age of twelve. She does remember that she felt all these before but she could not really remember how it is like after so long. And now, all those feelings are back.
S.. Should I just stay home..? She continues to think about it as she brushes her teeth slowly. She still has a lot of time to spare, since it is still early. Or should I.. Suddenly, the train of thoughts were disrupted by Yoona's sudden appearance in her mind. Because of that, she was once again determined to move into the dorm. She even giggled a few times while she brushes her teeth, just thinking about Yoona. If she was to do this while she is outside, people would probably think that she is crazy. Well, she is crazy, about Yoona now. Probably.