SM High Chapter 05

SM High

 

"Class, please hand up the form to me now." The teacher came in and that is the first thing that he says to the class, even before he greets the class. One by one, the students stood up and walked to the teacher's desk to put down the form. Both Sooyoung and Yoona did so too, together, unintentionally making the others think that they are really a couple. The teacher counted the number of forms that he had collected to check how many students are moving into the dorms before sorting it out according to the gender. Just when the teacher is about to put Sooyoung's form together with the guys' forms, Sooyoung noticed and corrected him immediately. The rest of the class was shocked after hearing what she says to the teacher. Slightly doubting her words, the teacher glanced at the attendance and saw that her name is indeed at the upper half of the list, meaning that she is really a girl. The teacher put the form together with the girls' forms and continued with the sorting. After five minutes, the teacher is finally done.
"Okay, for those that are going to move into the dorms, the official date for the moving in is tomorrow. Please bring your stuff tomorrow." The teacher put the forms aside and announced. The class protested, saying that it was too rush for them to pack everything by today and move in tomorrow but the teacher ignored everything that they say and continued with the lesson, even though the class is noisy. Sooyoung was feeling a little excited about moving into the dorm. She may have went home late before but she never move out before. On the other hand, Yoona is just neutral about everything. Not protesting nor excited. As the lesson goes on, the class continue to be noisy, Yoona continue to be attentive while Sooyoung is daydreaming, thinking about the move in. She is also wondering who her roommate would be. If it is according to their initials, she definitely would not be staying with Yoona. After a noisy morning, it is soon lunch time. Sooyoung pulls out her phone immediately to message her mother, telling her about the moving in. And right after she is done with that, she finally notice that she is surrounded by some of her classmates, the girls. All of them are staring at her, as though she is something new and special to them.
"You are a girl..?" One of them asked.
Sooyoung had already taken out the sandwich that her mother prepared for her and is biting it. She looked at them with her big, round eyes and nodded, looking totally cute. The girls blushed and start to scream excitedly in their hearts, forgetting the fact that she is a girl. When they suddenly remember that fact, they become stern again, and examine the guy, no, girl in front of them.
"You should let your hair grow and wear female clothing. I think you will look cute." Suddenly, one of the guys came and commented, putting his hand on her head.
"He.. No... I mean she is charming like this! It's alright!" One of the girls replied.
"You are just saying that because she looks handsome, aren't you?"
For no reason, a small debate started between the guys and girls. Yoona covered her ears, trying to block the noise. Sooyoung noticed that, of course, and felt sorry since the debate is about her. She stood up, grabbed Yoona's hand and went out of the class, pulling Yoona with her. The debate stopped immediately as both groups stared at the two that just went out of the class, and could not stop thinking about how beautiful that couple look, even though they are not one. Seeing that, the guys forfeited the debate and decided to give up on their point. Peace return to the class once again. Actually, it never really came. The class is forever noisy.

-----

Sooyoung brought Yoona to the stairs leading to the rooftop and sat down. Yoona sat down beside her. Both of them kept quiet and it is becoming a little awkward.
"... Do you prefer it if I stay this way or change as the guys had said..?" Sooyoung asked, trying to break the awkward silence between them.
Hearing that, Yoona turns around and stared at her for a while, examining her features carefully, and making Sooyoung blush. Their faces are so close together, and Sooyoung is trying hard to resist herself from planting a kiss on Yoona's lips.
"I think you will look cute with long hair." Yoona replied, finally, with a sweet smile.
"Really? Then I will.."
"Don't let other people's comment affect you.. You have to make your own choice.."
"I just want to know which one would you prefer.. I'm willing to change for you.." Sooyoung said it without thinking.
"What..?" Yoona was surprised by what Sooyoung had just said. That was something that couple say to each other, so why is this girl saying it to her?
Realising what she had just say, Sooyoung moves away quickly, and tries to hide her reddened face. Yoona is still confused, and is now even more confused by her reaction to her own words.
"I.. It's nothing!" Sooyoung replied when Yoona asked her what happened. "L.. Let's go back to the class.. Lunch is almost over.."
Yoona nodded and stood up, before offering her hand to Sooyoung, wanting to pull her up. Looking at the hand in front of her, Sooyoung hesitated, afraid that her heart might jump out if she is to hold it now. But she still held it in the end. With much force, Yoona pulls the girl up with a smile. The two of them went back to class, forgetting the fact that they are still holding hands. It was only when the whole class's attention is on them after they reached the classroom, then Sooyoung realised it. She pulls her hand away shyly, while trying to hide her slightly redden face. It is not very obvious so no one notices it. Yoona ignored that, thinking that there is nothing wrong since both of them are girls. Both of them went back to their seats and waited for the teachers to arrive and the lessons to start.

-----

Sooyoung opens the door leading to the inside of the house again. The whole house is quiet. It was as though her whole family is out. This is the same as what she experiences when she was twelve, returning home at midnight, when everyone is asleep and the whole house is in dead silence. It feels cold. It lacks the family warmth. And she does not like it at all. However, this time, it is different. The lights turn on suddenly and her family appear from different places with a big smile on their faces, welcoming her back. Even her sister is here. Her sister, though still feeling awkward with her, came forward and hugged her tightly. Her father patted her and her mother is smiling. Tears start to form, as she could not control her emotions anymore. She likes this a lot. The warm that no one else but her family could give her. She loves her family and she knows that they love her too. Her sister helps to wipe her tears away, and held her hand, leading her into the kitchen, where a table full of her favourite food is waiting for her to feast on. The four of them sat down at the table and start to eat. While Sooyoung is eating, her family members are staring at her. It took her some while to notice that.
"Sooyoung-ah, when you are there, remember to..." And all the reminders that her family can think of start to come out. They are all worried about her. She had never live alone before and had being really dependent on her mother for almost everything. She is also easily influence by others, hence they are also worried that she might befriend the wrong people once again. As she listens to them, her hand and mouth stopped. But there is something that started. Her tears has started flowing.
"... T.. Thanks.." She said, looking down. Her family members surround her again, hugging her together for the last time before she moves into the dorm. She wipes her tears away and smiled. "Let's eat.."
They sat down once again, and start to eat. There was silence. But it was pleasant.