SM High Chapter 29

SM High

"You got the first again?!" The short girl exclaimed, looking at the perfect score result slip in her hand. The blonde girl nodded sleepily, before resting her head on the table and falling asleep. Shortly after the end of the Summer vacation, the last examinations of the year started. The days were pretty much the same, with the group gathering together to study and the blonde girl sleeping on Tiffany's lap during the study sessions. However, the top is once again claimed by the blonde girl, and Tiffany had improved. Her placing is the same as Sunny, which means that the class has two second place, in terms of the results of this examination. Taeyeon remained as the forth, Yuri as the fifth and Hyoyeon as the sixth. For the first year, it is still the same.


-----

"Come to think of it, I never see the two of you going for club activity. Just what is your club?" Taeyeon asked, looking at the two maknaes during their lunch.
"Drama. We did go. Just that you did not notice, since we did not hang out daily." Yoona replied, putting a spoonful of rice into .
"We hardly see any activity by the Drama Club anyway." Sunny added.
"Soon. I think they are going to do a play during the school festival."
"Oh? I will look forward to it then."
Nearly one week after the discussion by the group, the news is out. The Drama Club is really going to do a play during the school festival, which is during the Autumn holiday. And the play that they are going to do, is Romeo and Juliet. However, no one really cares about it, since they do not have any interest in the the activity by the Drama Club. For the past few years, the activities by the Drama Club had been so boring that everyone eventually lost interest in it. The number of members in the club also decreased over the years, and this year, only two joined. Yoona and Sooyoung. During one of the club session, the teacher-in-charge gathered all the club members, to make an important announcement.
"Students.. If the play did not go well this time, I'm afraid that we might need to close the club. The school wish to cut down on the expenses.." The teacher announced, and it shocked the students.
"But, we are always like this! How.. how are we going to improve in such a short amount of time?!"
"We will have to do our best then. I have no idea.. You guys have to come up with a way.."
"You are the teacher!"
"I rarely participate in your activity. You guys know the club best, so you guys should know what to do, don't you..?"
"We.. don't.."
"... Let's just move on to the planning of the play first. Who is going to act?"
The teacher looked at students, and the students start to look around, at each other, not knowing who to pick. With the pressure of having to close the club, they would need to choose the actors carefully so that the play would go smoothly. But no one seems to fit the characters well. Just when they are about to lose hope, the shikshin couple enter the club room.
"I.. I'm sorry. We're late.. The class is dismissed late.." The doe-eye girl apologised, bowing continuously with her girlfriend.
"YOONA!" One of the members shouted, suddenly. "She's popular, isn't she!? If she's in the play, I'm sure everyone will be interested!"
"Huh?" The doe-eye girl is confused and puzzled about the situation, since she did not know what is going on now.
"That's right! She can be Juliet!" Another of the member continued. However, the excitement soon died down. "But who will be Romeo..? No guys in the club is popular..."
The two girls that came in late continue to watch as the club members discussed among themselves, and getting depressed on their own. They soon realise what happen, and Yoona agreed immediately, to take up the role of Juliet in the play. Now, the problem is finding someone to act as Romeo.
"I'm afraid that it might be a little dangerous for Yoona to act as Juliet though.. Since there would be some kissing scene, I'm afraid that the guy who take the role of Romeo would take advantage of that.." One of the members brought up the matter, and everyone soon realise that it is true. Since Yoona is popular, any guy that take the role of Romeo might use it as an excuse and take advantage during the play. Sooyoung almost snapped, after hearing that. She definitely cannot stand it, if any guy is to try and take advantage of her girlfriend. And she also cannot stand it, if her girlfriend is to act as a couple with some random guy. After much thought, she made up her mind.
"I.. I will be Romeo!" Sooyoung announced, not looking at the rest.
"Bu.. But you're a girl.." The rest was silent initially, but they soon oppose the idea.
"I.. I can cut my hair again.. I want to be Romeo, if Yoona is to take the role of Juliet.." Sooyoung insisted.
"Don't.. You look cute with long hair.." Someone commented. After a long time without going to the barber, Sooyoung's hair had grown quite long, and a lot of their school mates started to drop their doubt about her being a girl. In fact, she gained a lot of male fans after that.
"Wig. Then I shall wear a wig. I don't care.. Just let me be Romeo.." The members looked at each other and another discussion started. They soon come to a conclusion, and agreed to let Sooyoung be Romeo. It would help them greatly. Firstly, they would not need to fear that Yoona would be taken advantage of, and secondly, Sooyoung is also popular, so it would help the publicity of the play by a lot. The roles had been set, and the news is out. Almost the whole school got interested of course, after seeing who the leads would be. The preparation for the play started, along with the rehearsal for the play. Sooyoung puts on the wig prepared by the club, and wore the costume. It was as thought she returns to the time when she has her short hair, and the girls fallen in love with her once again.


-----

"Happy birthday, Youngie oppa~!" The doe-eye girl jumped on her girlfriend, as soon as the tall girl enters. Midst the busy preparation for the play, the doe-eye girl had found some time to prepare for Sooyoung's birthday party. And it makes the tired birthday girl really happy. She gave her girlfriend a kiss, and despite the fact that the rest had been asking them to stop, they continued. It had been a while since they do this, since they had being really busy with the play, which means that they have less time on their own. And after each day, they would be too tired. The rest sighed and smiled, as they start to feast on the food that Yoona had prepared, ignoring the two maknaes. The time really do flies, as it was already February of the second year. And four days after Sooyoung's birthday, it was Valentine day. The group received a lot of chocolate of course, but on that day, the two makanes had to practice for the play, again.


-----

"Oh Romeo, why are you Romeo?" Yoona recites the her lines perfectly. The day of the festival had finally come. The two indeed attracted a lot of students to come and watch the play, and their acting ability is great. The girls in the audience is swooning over Sooyoung once again. The play continues, and the ending is near, when Juliet is to drink that potion, and Romeo is to go to the tomb. Finally, the part where they had to kiss is here.
"Is she going to do it?" Taeyeon turns around and asked her girlfriend, who shrugged, indicating that she did not know.
On the stage, Sooyoung moves closer, and stared at Yoona's face. The audience got excited, and they are all thinking that they are going to pretend that they are kissing. But to their surprise, Sooyoung bends down and pressed her lips on Yoona's, and stayed in that position for a while before continuing with her role.
"Th.. They kissed..? For real?!" The audience is clearly shocked. They did not expect that the two would really kiss, neither do they expect that those two are a couple. The play soon ended, and two came out, in their uniform. There are a whole crowd of students waiting outside, for them, wanting to confirm about their relationship. And seeing that the two came out hand in hand, lovingly, they got their answer.
"You really did it.. During the play?!" Taeyeon exclaimed.
"I'm tired of hiding it.. And I feel that it would be the right time to do it." Sooyoung replied, calmly, with Yoona clinging to her. Without waiting for Taeyeon's reply, Sooyoung and Yoona went back to their room, and locked the door. Approximately two days later, the news of the opening of a new fan club is out. Fan club of the shikshin couple of course. And the kiss during the play really did help the Drama Club a lot. The number of members increased greatly, as many wanted to see the couple loving moment more often. Days passed, and soon, they are ready, for another year of school. Their high school life as second year students, and the other six as third year students.