SM High Chapter 14

SM High

 

"Don't cry, Yoona... It hurts to see you cry.." Sooyoung continues to hug the girl tightly. Slowly, the girl moves her arms and wrapped it around Sooyoung's body, burying her face in Sooyoung's embrace and her tears flow uncontrollably. Looking at the situation, the doctor excused himself from the room, leaving the group alone. Just then, Jong Kook appears at the door of the room, and was about to said something when Taeyeon stopped him immediately and bring him out, with Sunny following behind them.
"W.. what happen?" Jong Kook asked, puzzled about the sight of the two girls hugging.
"I.. I was explaining to Sooyoung about Yoona's brother when Yoona suddenly appear... Now she's crying... because of the huge disappointment that she had.." Taeyeon sits down on the seat outside the room. Sunny sat down beside her, and patted her, knowing that she is feeling upset.
"She really thought that her brother is going to be a good brother... It must be too sudden for her to accept all these.. It's hard.." Jong Kook stared at the wall which separates them from the two girls in the room, and sighed.
Inside the room, Sooyoung the hair of the girl, not knowing what to do to comfort her.
"Stop crying, Yoona.... Please... My heart hurts.." Sooyoung whispered, when she realises that her eyes had become watery, and there is a sharp pain in her chest. It is becoming unbearable.
"I really thought that he's good... I really did not expect him to be doing this..."
"Some people refuse to change... And he is just one of them.. Stop thinking about that jerk, Yoona... It's not worth it.."
"Oppa... I don't know why, oppa..." Pulling herself away from Sooyoung, Yoona wipes her tears away and looked at Sooyoung.
"What is it, Yoona..?"
"Why am I so sad...? Even though I only see him once... Why do I feel so sad?"
"Higher expectation brings higher disappointment, Yoona. You have good expectation of him, that's why... He's just a jerk that fails to meet your expectation so stop thinking about him..." Sooyoung cupped Yoona's face with her hands, and uses her thumbs to wipe the remaining tear droplets away. Slowly, without realising it, she moves closer to the doe-eye girl. "Stop thinking about him... Think about me, Yoona... Like how I had been thinking about you.."
"... O.. Oppa..?" Surprised, Yoona looked at the serious face of the girl in front of her. Their faces are so close together, and the girl really does not look like she is joking with her. "Wha.. what are you talking about, oppa?"
"I know... We did not know each other well enough yet.. It is just a short amount of time that we are together.. But I.. really.. Ever since I met you.. I have been thinking about you..." With her eyes half close, Sooyoung continues with her confession. She looked like she had lost her soul, and it is just her heart talking on its own, using her body. For some reason, Yoona is starting to feel a little scared by Sooyoung's weird actions and words. She began to wonder whether the injury on her head is taking effect on her mind.
"O.. Oppa... what are you talking about...? Are.. Aren't yo.. you a girl too..? Why.. why are.." Yoona stuttered, and her body froze, when Sooyoung suddenly moves closer and stopped her from continuing with her sentence, by pressing her lips against hers.
"Are you alright now, Yoo..." Just then, Taeyeon opens the door, wanting to check on Yoona's condition, but to see the scene whereby two girls are kissing. One with her eyes close while the other with her eyes wide open, clearly because she is shocked. Noticing her short cousin, Yoona pushed the girl away forcefully and ran out of the room quickly, ignoring the call by her cousin and Jong Kook. Taeyeon, feeling worried, signalled to her girlfriend, who nodded and went after Yoona. Sooyoung is just standing in the room, quietly. Suddenly, it was as though something hit her on her head, and her eyes shot open. She starts to look around the room, and before Taeyeon could say anything, she whined.
"Ahhh.... Crap!!! What did I just did?!" Sooyoung squatted down and scratched her head violently.
"Yah! Don't scratch your head so hard! You might touch the stitches by accident!" Taeyeon pulls Sooyoung's hands away quickly and squatted down in front of the girl.
"... You saw it..?" Sooyoung suddenly looked at her and asked. Though surprised, Taeyeon nodded. And the next thing she sees is Sooyoung opening wide, and falls backwards. And then, the girl is banging her head against the bed frame.
"YAH! Stop it! Do you want to be unconscious for a few more days?!" Taeyeon pulls the girl away from the bed.
"I want to die..." Sooyoung replied restlessly. "How can I... Just what the heck am I doing!?"
Taeyeon turns around and looked at her uncle, sending signals to her uncle, telling him to go away for the time being. Understanding her, Jong Kook walked away and headed for the vending machine to buy himself a drink. After ensuring that her uncle is gone, Taeyeon shifts her attention back to the girl.
"Stop hitting your head or scratching your head. Do you want Yoona to worry for you again?" Taeyeon scolded, smacking the girl on her shoulder.
"I... You saw it, didn't you? I.. just.."
"I know. And I understand... I already understood it when I saw your reaction to Yoona's tears just now..." Taeyeon interrupted the girl. "To be honest with you, I'm the same as you.. Me and Sunny.. We are.."
Sooyoung continues to stare at the short girl, looking slightly surprised by her words. "... I think I kinda know that.. But.. it's Yoona... You two like each other so there's no problem.. but Yoona.. It must be disgusting for her... to be.. to be kissed by a girl..." She looked down again and stared blankly at the floor.
"You never know, Sooyoung... She didn't say anything just now, did she? She just ran out, because I happen to come in.. Neither did she slap you. So, don't conclude everything by yourself.. Let's just wait and see, okay?" Taeyeon stood up and pulled  the girl, pushing her to the bed and asking her lie down to rest. The girl did so obediently, since Taeyeon is her senior.

-----

The doe-eye girl continues to run aimlessly around the hospital, before stopping at the lift lobby, panting heavily. The short girl that had been following her around caught up finally, but she was not panting as much as Yoona is.
"What happen, Yoona..?" The short girl asked, standing beside the doe-eye girl.
"... Why is my heart pumping so furiously..?" Seeming to have ignored the short girl, Yoona murmured to herself.
"Did something happen?"
"... U.. Unnie.. Is my face red..?"
"Very. Can you please tell me what happen...?"
"It's so sudden... but why do I have this sweet feeling over here...?" Yoona puts her hand on her chest, where her heart is approximately at. She can feels her own heartbeat. It is beating really fast, as though it might jump out any sooner. Feeling ignored, the short girl asked the same question again.
"...Opp.. Oppa... She.. she k.. kis.. kissed me..." Yoona finally answered Sunny's question.
"... O..kay...." Sunny got surprised. So my guess was right... That girl likes Yoona... But isn’t she too anxious?
"I know she's a girl.. but.. why do I feel..."
"Happy?"
Yoona was shocked. It was as though this short girl could right her mind. She had said out the exact word that she wanted to say. After seeing Yoona's expression, Sunny knew that she got it right and she smiled.
"Yoona, it's okay.. It's the same for me and your cousin.." Sunny continues to smile, while Yoona continues to stare at the short girl. After a while, a smile spreads across Yoona's face slowly, as she began to understand why. Even though her mind could not really accept it fully, but her heart is urging it to. No, her heart is forcing it to.