SM High Chapter 06

SM High

 

Today, almost all the first years are carrying a big bulky bag with them. Some even have a huge luggage. Sooyoung is carrying a sports bag, since she does not have much stuff to pack, and she can just go home and get anything that she forget to take. Unlike Yoona, her house is relatively near, but she wanted to try living alone. Upon reaching the school, she starts to look around, trying to find Yoona. In this crowd, it is quite obvious that it would be impossible for her to be able to spot Yoona but miracle do happens. She managed to spot the doe-eye girl at the side of the gate, talking to the security guard. Curious about why Yoona is talking to him, Sooyoung approached them, even though she is still a little afraid of that guy. He is surely muscular, and he looks like he could be a bodyguard instead of a security guard.
"Hi Yoona.." Sooyoung greeted as she stepped forward to stand beside the doe-eye girl.
"Oh? Hi oppa." Yoona was a little surprised but she still greets the tall girl with a smile.
"Did you bring your tag today? I remember that you forget it the other day." The security guard asked, with a smile. Now, he looks really friendly, unlike the first day when she met him. The threatening aura is something that she could not forget for probably another 20 more years.
"A..h.. Yea.." Sooyoung shows him the tag hanging from her bag. She stood there and kept quiet, listening to the conversation between Yoona and the security guard. It was quite surprising, seeing how close Yoona seems to be with the security guard. But what surprise her the most is that, even though they are busy chatting, the security guard somehow managed to spot someone without a tag. He excused himself immediately and ran towards that person to stop him.
"He got the sharpest eyes among all the security guards. That's why he was chosen to do this job." Yoona said, looking at Sooyoung's surprised face.
"You are close to him?" Sooyoung asked.
"Kind of.  He's my cousin's uncle." Yoona replied, waving to the security guard to inform him that she is going in, before walking into the school compound. Yoona is also carrying a sports bag, but a slightly bigger one.
"Your cousin?"
"Yea. She's in this school too. One year older than me." Yoona nodded slightly. "But I didn't find her yet. Didn't know which class is she in."
Sooyoung kept quiet and listen to Yoona as she talks about her cousin. It seems like she is really close to her cousin, seeing how happy she seems when talking about that cousin of hers. It makes Sooyoung curious about who the cousin is.
"We might be able to see her when we get to the dorm." Yoona added lastly, with a smile.
"Oh? Then I shall look forward to meeting her then." Sooyoung replied with a smile too. Actually, she did not have a single bit of interest of meeting Yoona's cousin. She is just curious who is her cousin, someone that seem to be so close to Yoona and someone that seem to be so great in Yoona's eyes. She wanted to learn from that person, maybe. The two of them walked to their class together, oblivious to that one person standing at a corner, watching them.
"Uncle.. Who is that guy beside her?" That person whispered into her phone.
"Classmate, I guess. I'm just a security guard, mind you." The latter replied.
That person kept quiet and the latter soon hang up, saying that he needs to get back to work. That person stuffed her phone into her pocket and walked away, trying to think of a way to find out about the guy beside Yoona.

-----

Time seems to be passing really slowly today. Sooyoung is getting more and more impatient to know who is her roommate. She wanted the school to end quickly so that they would be assigned to their respective rooms. Soon, the bell rang and Sooyoung cheered excitedly in her heart, but remained calm on the outside, not wanting people to think that she is crazy. The teacher asked those that are going to be staying the dorm to proceed to the auditorium and the rest to go home. Sooyoung, holding hands with Yoona, strolled to the auditorium. That person is still around a corner, watching them and getting a little frustrated to see that Yoona is holding hands with a guy. She sneaked into the crowd of first years and followed them to the auditorium without getting noticed at all. She sat down behind Yoona and Sooyoung, keeping a watch on the two of them. Nothing much is happening though. The teacher-in-charge starts to brief the students, telling them about the rules of the dorms before giving the rest of the time to the respective homeroom teachers to hand out the keys of the dorm rooms.
"Please proceed to the rooms right after you get your key. Some of you might be staying near to your seniors. Don't cause any trouble to them." The teacher said, as he looked at the name list in his hand, reading out their names and handing the keys to the them. Soon, Sooyoung was called. The person watching them was shocked to see the guy beside Yoona standing up. Why is this guy's name in front of Yoona's, when the girls' names is suppose to be.. That person could not believe it at all. Sooyoung waved the key at Yoona, informing that she is going first. Yoona nodded and continue to wait for her name to be called. It did not take long. As Yoona stood up to go and receive her key, that person stood up too and followed after her. Throughout the whole journey to the dorm, Yoona did not notice the person following behind her. Even until she reaches her room.
"530.. Oh here it is.." Yoona compared the number on the key and the door plate number before putting her key into the keyhole to unlock it. It was already unlocked. "Oh? My roommate is here?"
Yoona pushed the handle to enter the room. It was quite big, for two people. There are two beds, one at each side of the room, and two tables side by side, in between the two beds. Her roommate is indeed in the room already, busy unpacking. The back figure of her roommate looked extremely familiar.
"... Oppa?" Yoona called out, after recognising who her roommate is.
"Huh? Ehh? Yoona?" The girl turns around, shocked to see Yoona behind her. She was even more shocked to see someone lurking at the door. "Who's that?!"
Not knowing what Sooyoung is talking about, Yoona turns around and spotted the short figure behind her immediately. "EHH? Taeyeon-unnie?"
".. Heh.. Hi Yoona." The short girl puts on an awkward smile, feeling totally embarrassed.
"Taeyeon-unnie~" Yoona greeted again, happily, as she gave the short girl a hug. The short girl patted the taller girl lightly on her head and smiled.
Sooyoung, with her stuffs still in her hands, stared at the two of them, confused about the situation.
"Oppa, this is the cousin that I talk to you about." Yoona let go of the girl and turns around to face Sooyoung.
"I'm Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon." The short girl greeted with a bow, while her eyes are still fixed on Sooyoung. She definitely look like a guy, but here she is, at the girls' dorm, and is in the same room as Yoona.
"Unnie, this is Sooyoung. Don't misunderstand. She's a girl. I mistook her as a guy at first too, since she is so handsome." Yoona walked towards Sooyoung, who is currently sitting on the floor, and patted her on the head playfully as she introduces her to her cousin. Sooyoung stood up immediately and bowed politely, slightly blushing because of what Yoona just did.
"... You should let your hair grow.. It would be.." Taeyeon observed the girl intensely and tries to make a comment but was interrupted by Yoona. "Unnie, don't say that. She's easily influenced by what people think and say. Just let her do what she is comfortable with."
"Anyway, Yoona. I'm just next door. Room 529. If you have any problem, feel free to come and find me. If you can't find me in my room, go to Room 528 or 527. I would be in either of these room." Taeyeon said, before backing slowly out of the room and exiting the room. "See ya. Got homework to do."
Yoona waved as the door closed. She turns around and smiled at Sooyoung, before starting to unpack her things. Still a little puzzled, Sooyoung stood still and stared at the door. After being called by Yoona several times, she came back to her sense and continue to unpack. It did not take long until they are done, since they did not have much things. They even move the beds together, putting the beds side by side at a corner and the tables at the other side. The wardrobe remained at its original place. Yoona jumped on her bed happily and stared at the ceiling. Sooyoung sat down beside her and looked at her. She is feeling great now. It was as though the teachers had arranged it especially just for her, to be in the same room as Yoona. It was like a dream comes true.