SM High Chapter 16

SM High

 

"Welcome back, Sooyoung!" That was the first thing that their classmates said to her as soon as the two of them step into the classroom. After the doctor did a check up on Sooyoung's injury, she was fit enough to be discharged. Not wanting to stay in the hospital any longer, she requested to be discharged immediately after getting the approval from the doctor. She had been resting in the dorm for the rest of the weekend, and she did not intend to tell her family about her injury, as she did not want them to worry for her. Despite the need for rest, she got up a lot of time to try and complete the homework that she got during that one week of absence from school. But most of the time, Yoona, who keeps on going in and out of the room at different time of the day to buy food for themselves, would come back and dragged her off the chair and to bed, after she sees that the girl is at her desk again. In the end, on the whole of Sunday, Yoona stayed in the room and keeps a close watch on the girl, making sure that she is resting. Taeyeon became their delivery girl for that day. It also took Sooyoung quite sometime to persuade Yoona to let her go to lessons. The main reason why Yoona eventually gave in is because she told the doe-eye girl that she wanted to be together with her for the whole day, which makes the doe-eye girl blushed and gave in immediately. For some reason, their classmates seem to know that Sooyoung is coming back and all of them got up early so as to reach the classroom earlier than the two of them, and give the tall girl a warm welcome. As soon as the two step in, the girls flocked to Sooyoung and give her various gifts, mostly health products. They seem to have forget that Sooyoung is actually a girl.
"... You're popular huh?" Yoona whispered into Sooyoung's ear, obviously jealous. After saying that, Yoona moves away from the crowd and sat down at her own seat. Seeing that, Sooyoung ignored the girls and sat down beside Yoona immediately, whispering into her ear. To the rest, all they see is Sooyoung whispering to Yoona, who giggled suddenly and smack Sooyoung's shoulder lightly. The girls soon went back to their own seats, leaving the two alone. Sooyoung pats Yoona gently on the head, before taking out some work to do. Sooyoung is doing her homework while Yoona is reading, until the teacher came in and lessons start. That day, they have physical education lesson. Worried about Sooyoung, Yoona wanted to try to get the teacher to excuse Sooyoung from the class.
"It's okay, Yoona.. I will be fine.." Sooyoung took out her sports attire from her bag. Even though Yoona deliberately left it out while helping her to pack her bag that morning, she stuffed it in before they left the room, without Yoona noticing. Yoona is quite surprise to see the sports attire.
"But..." Even though Sooyoung had tell her that it will be okay for several times, she is still worried. "What if you hit your head again..?"
"My head isn't that fragile, Yoona.. Come on, let's go." Sooyoung takes Yoona's sports attire from her bag and grabbed Yoona's hand, leading her out of the room, towards the changing room. At one corner, a group of guys are watching, with their eyes burning with fury.
"Why is that guy holding on to Yoona's hand?!" One of them asked, staring hard at the two hands that are intertwined.
"Since it's physical education, let's teach him a lesson.." Another replied, grinning.

-----

During the physical education lesson, there is another class other than theirs on the basketball court. The group of guys from earlier are in that class, and they are now watching the couple intensely. They are trying to find some way to get Sooyoung to leave Yoona's side. Not because they are planning to do something but because they could not stand seeing any guys getting too close to Yoona, who they admired a lot. And their chance soon came. The teachers of both classes decided to let both classes have a friendly basketball match. Yoona and Sooyoung joined, for fun. After the teams are ready, at a blow of the whistle, the first match started. Surprisingly, Sooyoung is a lot better in the game than most of the guys. Their class is obviously leading, because of her. The girls from both classes are cheering loudly for her. The first half of the match soon ended, and Sooyoung's team is leading by a lot. Yoona decided to just rest during the second half, while Sooyoung continued with the game. Seeing that, the guys start to carry out their plan. One of them get close to Sooyoung deliberately, making her go towards the other guy, who is ready to trip her down with his leg that is sticking out in a not so obvious way. They succeed. Sooyoung really tripped on the guy's leg and fell, and since it was too sudden, her hands did not make it in time to stop her body from hitting the floor, and her head hits the ground lightly.
"Oppa!" Yoona shouted, as she jumped up from where she is sitting at and rush over to Sooyoung. "A.. Are you okay?"
"Yea.. Hit my head lightly on the ground, that's it." Sooyoung sits up, rubbing her head while smiling.
"You hit your head?!"
"It's okay.. Not the back of my head.. the side.. wait.. I think I did hit the back a little..." Sooyoung feels a sharp pain at the back of her head. Hearing that, Yoona quickly helps to check the back of her head, making sure that the stitches are not affected. Luckily, it is not. Yoona let out a sigh of relief.
"Get out of the game, oppa. I forbid you from participating in it.." Yoona pulls the tall girl up and dragged her to the side, out of the court.
"We are sorry. It wasn't on purpose." The group of guys approach and apologised. They are trying hard to hide their smiles, and hold in their laughter. However, the urge to smile and laugh soon fade away when Yoona's expression suddenly got dark and she glared at them, with dark aura emitting from her.
"... Don't think I didn't see that you trip her on purpose.." Yoona said, before walking away, with the tall girl behind her, to a spot far away from the basketball court and sat down.
"... Did Yoona-ssi just... got angry at us...?" The guys gulped. The match continues after which, and Yoona's class won, of course, with all the points that Sooyoung had help them scored when she is still in the game. For the rest of the physical education lesson, Yoona had been asking Sooyoung the same question and Sooyoung's answer is always the same. Anyone would had been irritated but Sooyoung is not. In fact, she is happy that Yoona worries for her.
"Are you really okay? Do you need to go back to the dorm to rest?" Yoona asked, again.
"I'm really okay, Yoona... Don't worry.." Sooyoung smiled, Yoona's hair.
The students, those that are not in the game, had been watching them ever since Sooyoung got out of the game.
"Are they a couple? They seem so loving..."
"Can't be.. They are both girls.."
"That guy is a girl?!"
"Yea. I can't believe it too but they are staying in the same room so, it can't be that it's fake.."
Those students from the other class stared at the guy beside Yoona, still not believing that he is a girl. He looks absolutely handsome to them, and he looks nothing like a girl. Not a single bit. Except for the fact that he is unusually cute to be a guy. Because of that, the rumor is passed, throughout the whole school, but still, no one really believe that Sooyoung is a girl.
"Your oppa is a hot topic right now.." Taeyeon said, to Yoona, when the group of them gathered again, in Taeyeon and Sunny's room to study. Sooyoung is not with them, since Yoona asked her to rest again, because she hits her head accidentally earlier that day.
"Why?" Yoona still did not hear anyone talking about the rumor yet.
"They can't believe that she's a girl. Ask her to let her hair grow.. the news is a little irritating, since they keep on talking about it for the whole day.." Tiffany replied. "And I, myself, could not believe it too."
"Yea.. A girl should be more like a girl.. If she refuses to stop wearing those male clothing, at least let her hair grow then.." Sunny added.
The rest are quiet about the matter, since Jessica is sleeping, on Tiffany's lap, and the other two are still feeling a little awkward with Yoona.