SM High Chapter 22

SM High

 

"It's a good thing that the manager did not blame you or make you pay.." Taeyeon said, as the group of them walked out of the ice rink. Her chin is still red, after Sooyoung throw that bag of things at her, hitting her directly on her chin. "But my chin still hurts.."
"They didn't do anything to you right?" Sooyoung ignored Taeyeon and continues to question Yoona about her condition just now. Like how Yoona kept on asking her the same question the last time she hurt her head, she is doing the same thing now, to Yoona. Yoona nodded, and replied with the same answer.
"Yah! Don't ignore me!" Taeyeon shouted, pointing at the tall girl, who continues to ignore her. It was as though she has no existence at all. The rest of the group laughed, and Taeyeon is feeling depressed after that. "I have no existence.." She chanted continuously, when they are on their way back to school, and Sunny finally smacked her, feeling irritated by her. But her reaction is unexpected. "Oh! I have a existence! Bunny acknowledged my existence!" The others stopped in their steps, and stared at the short girl blankly, surprised by her. And she was there, jumping around happily, shouting that she has an existence. Soon, she received yet another direct hit on the head by Sunny, and was sent flying back to the school by Tiffany. The group reached the school, and Sunny separated from them, to go to the field to retrieve her girlfriend again.

-----

The group spent the rest of the week in their own rooms, doing their holiday assignment.  On a particular Saturday, Taeyeon feels a sudden urge to look for Yoona, but to find that she and her girlfriend are not in their room. There is a note on Yoona's table, saying that the both of them went out to the library to do a project with their classmates. It was a project that their teacher gave suddenly, on Friday, through their mails. And the groups are assigned by the teacher. Seeming to know that these two would want to be together, the teacher placed them in the same group, even though he wanted to separate them so that the other weaker group would be able to get their help. Their group members are all guys, whose results are not really good. The two girls arrived at the library, and sat down at one of the tables provided, waiting for their group members to arrive. Roughly twenty minutes later, while the two are in the middle of teasing each other, they arrived. The three of them stood at the side for a while, to observe the two.
"Yoona-ssi is really cute.." The first guy said, with his face red. "It's a blessing... to have her in my group.."
"Don't think of wooing her.. You won't stand a chance at all.." The other smacked the guy lightly on the shoulder, attracting the attention of the two girls. Both of them waved and the three of them smiled awkwardly, before coming forward to sit down in front of them. Since they rarely interact, the atmosphere is awkward. But they soon got use to it, and concentrated on the project. In the midst of doing the project, Sooyoung stood up and leaned forward so that she can write on the other end of the paper, which is at the guys' side. It surprised one of them, as when he looked up, her face is so close to his. He did not even dare to move, in case he accidentally hit her on the head. Noticing that the guy is moving backwards, Sooyoung looked at him and smiled, before sitting down and concentrate on her side of the paper. The guy blushed immediately, but no one saw that. Approximately half an hour later, the project is completed. The two girls bowed and left first, going back to their dorm, leaving the three guys to continue sitting in the library, staring blankly.
"Darn.. I didn't get a chance to talk to Yoona-ssi properly.." The first guy said, with a disappointed look on his face.
Suddenly remembering how close Sooyoung's face was to his just now, the second guy blushed again. His friends saw it this time, and asked him.
"It's.. It's nothing.. Just that, I just noticed that.. Sooyoung-ssi is actually really cute too.." He stuttered, and looked at his friends. It is clear that they are shocked by his words. "Really! Ju.. Just now, her face is this close to mine! And.. And she smiled.. it's really cute.."
The other two are still not convinced by him. Seeing that it is useless trying to debate with them, the discussion stopped, and the three left the library. And for some reason, the words of the second guy was spread, and everyone except for the group of eight heard of it.

-----

As planned, the group finished their homework within the first week and now, they are all tired, after mugging for such a long time. Actually, only seven of them complete their homework. The blonde girl did not even bother doing it at all, and she never hand in any homework before, so it was okay for her. The holiday passed really quickly, since they are enjoying themselves, and soon, it was Friday of the last week. Leaving Sunny out, the group gathered again for a secret meeting, planning for tomorrow's party. Taeyeon decided to do the same thing as Sunny and Tiffany. To cook, specially for Sunny. The others agreed readily, since it is not them that is going to cook. The day came, and Yoona, together with Sooyoung, went to Taeyeon's room to find Sunny.
"Unnie, let's go." Yoona said, pulling the short girl.
"Huh? Go where?" Sunny asked, confused by the two taller girls. They did not reply, but only pull her out of the room, and down the corridor. The rest of the group, with the prepared items in their hands, ran into the room immediately and set the room up for the party. Even though they could have done it in other rooms, but Taeyeon insisted that she wants to do it in theirs, in case she got hit again and she did not wish to lie on a bed that is not hers for too long. It took them nearly twenty minutes to finish up with the setting up, and just when they are putting up the last bit of decoration, they heard Yoona's voice.
"Unnie!! Wait up! You.. You can't go back yet!" Yoona shouted, trying her best to catch the short girl, who is running at an incredible speed. Just before Sunny could pull the handle of the door, Sooyoung caught up and stopped her.
"Why are you two trying to stop me from coming back? Is that idiot Taengoo up to something again?" Sunny asked, with an angry expression. Just then, the door opened, and Taeyeon is standing there.
"Yah! What do you mean by that?!" Taeyeon shouted, but got ignored, as Sunny pushed her away and walked into the room, surprised to see all the decoration in the room, and the food on the table. The cake is on Yuri's hand, and she was about to put it down in the middle when Sunny came in.
"Wh.. What's this..?" Sunny asked, with her eyes wide open, as she surveyed the room, looking at all those beautiful decorations.
"Aww darn it, Sunny... You ruined your own surprise party.." Hyoyeon said, with a disappointed look. "It's for your birthday, dummy.."
"My birthday? Oh crap! I forget my own birthday..." Sunny suddenly remembers, and face-palmed herself.
"Unnie, that's not important now.." Yoona said, looking at her depressed cousin, squatting beside the door, drawing circles on the floor with her finger, chanting that she does not have an existence again. Sunny, feeling annoyed, approached her and smacked her on her head, before pulling her up by the back of her collar, and hugged her from the back. Taeyeon, though surprised at first, slowly turns around to face Sunny.
"Bad bunny.. Smacking me so hard even though I went through all the troubles to cook all these for you.." Taeyeon murmured, pouting. And Sunny kissed her immediately.
"I'm sorry, Taengoo.. Thanks for everything."
"... Hehe.. It's okay.." Taeyeon giggled. "Happy birthday, my dear little bunny.." And she kisses the girl again. For the first time, Taeyeon did not get hit during the party.