SM High Chapter 13

SM High

 

The three girls continue to sit outside the operation room. Taeyeon is helping Sunny to fix her bed hair, while Sunny, being too tired, had already fallen asleep. Yoona had not move a single bit since they got here. The light above the operation room door is still on and Yoona could not relax until the doctor comes out, with a good news. Approximately half an hour later, Taeyeon fell asleep too, leaning on Yoona's shoulder. Finally, the light turns off, and Yoona stood up immediately, forgetting that her short cousin is leaning on her. Sunny woke up because of the sudden jerk on the chairs, which are connected to each other. Taeyeon woke up after hitting her head on the chair. Rubbing her head, she looked at the doe-eye girl who is now standing right outside the operation room, waiting impatiently for the doctor to come out. Eventually, he did, with a smile.
"Luckily, you girls sent her here in time. The blood loss isn't too severe to cause her death. But she might not be waking up for some days. We did ten stitches to close the wound, so be careful of her head." The doctor explained the situation clearly to the doe-eye girl.
"Th.. thanks.." The doe-eye girl bowed politely and the doctor walked away. Because of the sudden release of stress, Yoona finds herself being unable to stand. She collapsed, but Taeyeon and Sunny managed to catch her in time before she hits the ground. "Thank goodness..." Tears of joy starts to roll down her cheeks.
"I told you she will be fine.." Taeyeon helped to support Yoona as they move towards the chair to sit down. So much for their first week in their new school... All because of that jerk, it's all ruined...
The nurses push the bed out of the operation shortly after the three sat down. Sooyoung is lying on the bed, sleeping peacefully, oblivious to the things going on outside when she was in the operation room. Yoona got up, even though she just sat down, and followed the nurses as they push the bed to one of the wards, and move Sooyoung to the hospital bed in one of the rooms. Yoona thanked the nurses and pulled a chair to sit down beside the bed, staring intensely at Sooyoung. The short couple sank into the sofa that is meant for the visitors to rest on and went back to their sleep. After knowing that Sooyoung is alright, they can do so without any worries. Since it is Friday, the three would be able to continue to stay in the hospital to take care of Sooyoung until she wakes up. But after much persuasion by Yoona, Taeyeon and Sunny went back to the school the next day morning. The school was informed about the incident, by Jong Kook. Even though he is blamed, the school did not fire him, knowing that they would not be able to find anyone with eyes as sharp as his to look out for the trespassers. But his pay for that month was deducted, as a punishment. The trainee is of course fired. Taeyeon went to Yoona's room and packed a few stuff that she might need while in the hospital. That includes Sooyoung's belongings too. She then locked the door carefully, with the key that Yoona gave her, and went back to her room to bathe and rest, before going back to the hospital later with Sunny. Yoona stayed in the hospital for the whole weekend, waiting for Sooyoung to wake up, and during the school days, she rushed to the hospital right after she is dismissed. She did not even bother to return to the dorm to bathe or to put down her bag. She helped to clean Sooyoung's body, even though that is suppose to be the nurse's job, and finally, after a week had passed, Sooyoung woke up, in the middle of the night. She felt refreshed, and her body is stiff after lying down for so long. She surveyed her surrounding and finds the doe-eye girl sitting beside her bed, and her head resting on the side of the bed, sleeping. She smiled, and tried to the doe-eye girl's head, but then, she realises that the doe-eye girl is actually holding her hand. Not wanting to wake the girl up, she aborted her plan, and continue to lie on the bed and stared at the ceiling, and enjoying the moment of having her hand being held by the doe-eye girl.

-----

The doe-eye girl opens her eyes slowly, and lifted her head to look at the tall girl. Thinking that the girl had not wake up yet, she frowned and wanted to go to the toilet to wash her face. It was then she realises her hand, is being held tightly by the tall girl. A smile spreads across her face instantly.
"O.. Oppa.. You.. you woke up?" She nudged the girl.
"Mm.. Yea.." The girl replied immediately, since she was not sleeping at all. "You are here all this while?"
"I will go call the doctor. Don't move, okay?" Excitedly, the doe-eye girl ran out of the room without answering the question. Soon after the doe-eye girl left the room, the short couple came in.
"Oh? You woke up!" Taeyeon exclaimed as soon as she got into the room. "Where's Yoona?"
"She went to find the doctor.. By the way... She was here all this while..?" Sooyoung replied.
"Yea.. She didn't even bother to rest at all.. Running to and fro between school and the hospital.."
Sooyoung looked down, not knowing whether she should be happy or sad. She is definitely happy that Yoona cares so much for her, but at the same time, she felt hurt, for making Yoona suffers because of her. It pains her heart.
"Why did she do this..?"
"She feels guilty.. She says that she heard the the thud, when you first fell down, but she chose to ignore it and resulting in you getting hurt like this.."
"It's not even her fault..." Sooyoung said, clutching her fists tightly. "It's because of that stupid guy that came out of nowhere.."
"He... is Yoona's brother, Sooyoung.." Taeyeon said, after looking around to make sure Yoona is not nearby.
"... What..?" Shocked, Sooyoung looked up and stared at the short girl.
"He just got released from jail that day. He is the culprit behind many cases of , and he was put into the boys' home at young age after he tried to Yoona's sister..." Taeyeon went on to explain it to Sooyoung, not knowing that the doe-eye girl is standing behind her.
"What did you say...?" Yoona asked, with her eyes wide open. The doctor is beside her. Abandoning the current situation going on between the girls, the doctor walked towards the bed and did a check up on Sooyoung.
"Ack? Yo... Yoona?!" Taeyeon jumped, and turned around, shocked to see the doe-eye girl standing behind her.
"Th.. that guy is... oppa..?"
"Yoona, I will explain.." Taeyeon starts to blame herself in her mind, for saying so much about Yoona's brother at the wrong time.
"Just answer me, please, unnie.. Is that really oppa..?"
Taeyeon stared blankly, before nodding slightly, looking down at the floor. Yoona's eyes got wider, but soon, she closed them and open it slightly, looking at the ground too. "I though he was going to be a good oppa though... Well, who knows.."
"Yoona... This is why we didn't want to tell you about him... We really hope that he would change while staying in the prison... but he just got worst..." Taeyeon walked towards Yoona and held her hands, not knowing what else to say. Sunny is just standing there, not knowing what to do now. It is getting a little confusing.
"I was happy when unnie sent me the message, telling me that he is released... I thought that I'm finally reuniting with my oppa, and he is going to take good care of me... But.. but he.." Yoona was unable to hold her tears in any longer. It just started to fall as the thought of her own brother, trying to her right after his release keep on flowing into her mind. Seeing that, Taeyeon wanted to hug the girl, but before she could do it, a figure got past her and hugged the girl. It is Sooyoung, who pushed the doctor away and got off the bed immediately after she notices that Yoona is crying.
"Don't cry, Yoona... It hurts to see you cry..." Sooyoung whispered into Yoona's ear. Being too close, Taeyeon heard what Sooyoung had just said, and understood immediately. She understood Sooyoung's heart.