SM High Chapter 03

SM High

 

The teacher continues to address the students about their subject and time table, and also, telling them the things that they would need for the different subjects, just in case they miss it out on the book list that was given to them after the school accepted them. He also talks about the school dorms, which are situated at both sides of the school building. The teacher then gives out a form. Those that want to live in the dorms would need to get the form signed by their parents and be hand it in by tomorrow. Curious about Yoona's choice, Sooyoung leans towards her and asked whether she is going to be staying in the dorm or not. Yoona nodded, and explained that her house is actually quite far away so it would be better if she lives in the dorm instead of going to and fro between the school and her house. After hearing that, Sooyoung had made up her mind too. She is going to live in the dorm too. But there is a problem. If she is to live in the dorm, that would mean that either she admits that she is a girl, or to stay with the guys. Hesitating much, she did not hear the doe-eye girl calling her.
"Oppa..." The doe-eye girl nudged the guy beside her.
".. Uh? Huh? Ah. Yea?" Sooyoung finally realises that the girl is calling her.
"Are you okay? I called you a lot of times.." The girl looked kind of worried.
"I'm sorry.. Thinking of something.."
"Are you going to live in the dorm too?"
"I'm still deciding.."
"I see.. By the way, oppa, it's okay for me to call you oppa right? Even though we are the same age.."

"Yea. I'm fine with that."
The doe-eye girl then smiled at her again, making her blush almost immediately. She had decided, to stay with the guys, in the dorm. However, she remembers that  on her application form, she indicated that she is a girl, hence once again, she is troubled. And for almost the whole day, she could not stop thinking about it. She wanted to come up with a solution fast, but nothing is coming into her mind. Her mind is blank all of the sudden. The bell rang several times, but she did not hear it, and thus not even realising that it was lunch time already. Once again, the doe-eye girl nudged her, after seeing that she is showing no response to the bell that signals the start of their break. The tall girl then stood up suddenly and ran out without a word, making the doe-eye girl puzzled and confused. She shrugged, and went out of the class on her own, towards the canteen to buy her lunch. The tall girl ran to a secluded corner and took out her phone, dialing in a familiar number. The latter soon picks up.
"Hello, mum?" Sooyoung called out immediately.
"What's it, Sooyoung?" The latter replied.
"I'm troubled. I'm a girl but people think that I'm a guy. And I wants them to think so too.."
"Why the hell would you want to continue letting people mistake you as a guy?"
"And now I want to stay in the dorm but I don't know whether to.."
"If you want to stay in the dorm, go to the girls' dorm. I will never allow you to stay with the guys!"
"But mum.. I.."
"Say no more, Sooyoung. You are a girl and you should behave like one, that's it." And without waiting for a response, the latter hung up. The tall girl sighed after hearing a click. She then looked around again, making sure that no one is there to hear what she had just said before running back to her class.

-----

The day drags on, and Sooyoung was feeling hungry even though she had already eaten three big bowls of noodles during lunch time, bringing much shock to the doe-eye girl who finished two. It was the first time that the doe-eye girl gets to know someone that eat more than she do. Yoona was busy taking down the notes and noting what are the essential items that she would need to bring, while Sooyoung has her arms completely stretched across the table top and her head resting on the table, feeling upset due to her already empty stomach. That was the disadvantage of having high metabolism rate, for her. The bell soon rang, signalling the end of school, and Sooyoung is already half-dead. She has gotten too hungry.
"Oppa, are you okay?" Yoona asked after the teacher left the classroom. She had noticed it long ago, that this guy was resting his head on the table ever since the second period after lunch time started.
"Yea.. I'm just hungry.." Sooyoung got up slowly and stuffed her things into her bag.
"But didn't you just ate three.." Yoona was shocked, although she was getting hungry too even after eating two bowls of noodles just now.
"I'm still hungry. Wanna go and grab a bite?" Sooyoung asked, rubbing her stomach, pressing her shirt against her body. It was then Yoona notices that Sooyoung's body is different from a guy's body.
"Oppa.. Are you a girl...?"
"Wh.. at?" Sooyoung's heart skip a beat due to shock.
"I mean.. your.. bo.. body..." Yoona's face turns red while she tries to explain. "I.. It doesn't loo.. look like a guy's.."
Sooyoung, with her hand still on her stomach, looked down and realises immediately. She moves her hand away quickly before anyone else notices it and looked around to see if anyone is close enough to hear their conversation.
"I.. I..." Sooyoung did not know what to say to cover it up anymore. Yoona continues to look at her with her beautiful doe eyes, anticipating for her answer. After seeing that Sooyoung is stuttering so much and still have not gave her an answer, it was pretty much confirmed that she is a girl and not a guy.
"Why did you.. disguise as a.." Not waiting for an answer anymore, Yoona continues to ask.
Sooyoung was taken back again. She could not possibly tell this girl that she actually likes girls, and was hoping to use the identity as a guy to date them. Neither could she tell this doe-eye girl that she was actually trying to woo her as a guy. But this girl does not look like she is going to give up until she gets an answer.
"A.. actually.. This was my usual clothing..." Sooyoung finally answered, letting out a sigh of relief. She was not lying at all, but her true intentions were still going to be kept a secret, at least for the time being. Yoona stared at her blankly for a while, before nodding slightly, showing that she understands her reason. She did not say anything but stared at the ground, seeming to be thinking of something. And Sooyoung could not help it but to look at the beautiful features of this girl, and to notice how cute she looks when she was thinking.
"... So you are not an oppa..." Yoona said suddenly, surprising the tall girl who was staring at her by looking back at her with a cute pleading look. "But can I continue to call you oppa..? You gave me a very secure feeling.. Like what a reliable oppa would give.."
Sooyoung felt happy, after hearing that Yoona feels secure around her even though she is just another girl. She happily agreed to Yoona's request, and held Yoona's hand, leading her to the canteen to eat, again.