Chapter 9

Bloody Kiss

After Hyori and Hojoon left, Yunho turn to look at Jaejoong with a disapproving look.

“What were you two doing?” Yunho asked as he cross him arms like a father who caught his daughter doing naughty thing.

“Nothing…” said Jaejoong

“That didn’t look like nothing to me; it looked like you two were kissing?”

Jaejoong look are Yunho and his lip curved into a smile “what is this I am sensing, could this be what you human call jealousy?”

Yunho’s face flushed “O-Of course not! Why should I be jealous?”

Jaejoong only chuckled “How cute…your face is completely red”

Yunho clinched his fist tightly in anger as Jaejoong approached him and circled his arm around his neck.

“Don’t worry; he didn’t get a taste unlike you who got the whole cake”

Just remembering that night made Yunho’s body hot, a touch from Jaejoong made his mind go crazy. Ever since that night their body joined, Yunho has not been able to look at Jaejoong or even stay in the same room as him without feeling the urge to attack. He quickly pushes Jaejoong away

“Let’s get something straight! First of all that night is to be forgotten. I was not in the right mind; you had used some kind of magic to mess with me. Second of all, there is no close relationship between you and me. I’m your body guard as instructed by Hyori, you are a vampire under the protection of Hellsing and that is it. Don’t you dare try to seduce me or make me do something I don’t usually do, if I sense that you try something on me, I’ll be the one to kill you. Third of all, stay within 1 foot away from me, there will be no clingy, no surprise attack and no dirty tricks”

Jaejoong clicks his tongue out of irritation “tsk! So stingy…”

Meanwhile somewhere in the city on the rooftop of a 30 stories high business building, a group of vampires has gathered. Sitting on the edge of the rooftop looking down at the busy street below is a young woman in her mid 20’s with black hair, golden eyes and pale complexion.

“Lady Myung-Hee, everything has been completed just as you have asked of us” one of the sires bowed to her

“good, we can move on with our plan….to think that that stupid Rain will die leaving me to do all the work” she let out a disappointing sigh “not to mention Jaejoong has be betrayed us…”

“If I may ask Lady Myung-Hee, why did you agree to help Rain?” One of the sires asked out of curiosity

Myung-Hee only smiled “Rain told me that when Woojin is revived, he will need a queen to rule by his side. I’m going to become the queen of the vampire race”

“But…I heard that master Woojin adored master Jaejoong …are you sure that Woojin will not pick him instead?”

Myung-Hee glared at the sire as he quickly got on his knee and apologize for offending her.

“Compare to Jaejoong, I am much more fitting to become the vampire queen…Woojin and I will rule the world together. Beside, Jaejoong maybe beautiful but he still is just a young boy, there is no way Woojin will pick him over me” she glares “am I correct?”

“Y-Yes Madam!”

Myung-Hee stood up “now then…I have something for all of you to do” she turn to face a group of 10 sires who is bowing to her acknowledging that her status is higher than they are and that she is their master. After giving out her order, the sires quickly leave to complete their tasks that have been assigned to them. As soon as the sires are gone and Myung-Hee is left alone, another first generation vampire appeared.

“Looks like our attempt of getting Jaejoong failed…” said Myung-Hee as she looked to the sky.

Floating just feet above her is a man in his late 20’s with short brown hair and tanner complexion. He wore a long dark green coat with black pants and white dress shirt. A long silver necklace with a silver dog tag could be seen over the shirt. Unlike Jaejoong, Changmin is more muscular with broad shoulders.

“In the state jaejoong was in…we didn’t expect him to wake up right away…”

“It would have been better if you give me a helping hand” glare Myung-Hee “we wouldn’t have failed…”

“I told Rain I will consider helping but I did not say I would actually do something…to be honest, I would rather not have Woojin come back from the grave…”

“How could you say something like that about your maker?”

“You were saying the same thing not too long ago…” said Changmin as he descended to the cement ground below “for one thing we are basically offering our life to Woojin, the idea of having my freedom restricted once again doesn’t sound too pleasing…not to mention that this resurrection was supposed to have happen long ago…just imagine his fury when he comes back to life…he will definitely kill us…”

“I can guarantee that Woojin will not kill me because he will need me as his queen.” said Myung-Hee full of confident

“I wouldn’t be too sure about that…” Changmin grin “we all know he adores Jaejoong more then you, if I remember correct Master Woojin did not even look your way unless it’s to make you do something for him”

This made Myung-Hee angry “shut up! You don’t know anything Changmin, Woojin will choose me over Jaejoong, I’m the only one who can bare his children”

Changmin let out a loud laughter “is that all you got to offer Myung-Hee? If so I advise you to find something else that will woo our maker…”

Myung-Hee continues to glare at Changmin full of hate “I’ll prove it to you Changmin that I will be the chosen one while jaejoong become his source of food”

“Yea…but Woojin likes to play with his food though for a very…long time…” Changmin smirked before he floated into the air once again “Whatever you are doing, I hope you are careful not to put the resurrection ceremony in jeopardy”

“hmph! I don’t need you to tell me that. By the way, why did you agree to help when obviously you have no interest?”

Changmin paused as he turns to look at the large moon shinning above the city “It’s a secret”

Myung-Hee stood at the edge of the building starting at Chamgmin with an expression of worry. She can’t explain it but there was a hint of despair in Changmin’ s eyes.

“You…”

“Well, it’s time to go to bed; the sun will be up soon. You should also turn in or that beautiful face of yours will be ruin” Changmin cut her off as he turns into a bat and flew away.

The next morning as Yunho slept in his bed, the sun has once again risen to the sky. But with the window still covered, there weren’t any lights coming into the room. It wasn’t until his alarm clock started to ring did he wake up to turn it off. Yunho sat up and rubbed his eyes before yawning and stretching his arm out into the open space. He removed the covers before standing up and yawned a second time. After freshening up and taking a shower, Yunho made his way toward the living room with his hair still dripping wet. Sleeping in the living room is none other than jaejoong.

Yunho had offered the bed to jaejoong but he refuses stating he will be more comfortable sleeping in the living room. He didn’t even bother to wake Jaejoong as he walked into the kitchen and begin to make breakfast. Yunho sat down and ate while watching the morning news. To Yunho everything felted peaceful and normal. Everything was too normal as if he doesn’t even have a job or is a hunter for vampires. Three bites into his toast and Yunho already lost the motivation to continue eating. If he have to live this way for who knows how long, he felted like he will eventually go mad.

Meanwhile everything at Hellsing is still in total chaos. The mess left behind from the surprise attack has not yet been fully repaired or clean. The area where the attack happens has been closed off until the investigation has been completed. Almost everyone at Hellsing were interrogated for the reason those vampires attacked this building out of all the Hellsing building in Korea. Luckily the people who work here respected Hyori and kept Jaejoong’s presence as a secret. But this did little to help them as the councils grew suspicious.

“What do you plan to do?” Hojoon asked Hyori as they sat at her new desk

“First we have to do everything we can to make sure the council doesn’t find out about Jaejoong?”

“That won’t be easy considering the fact that they already suspect us hiding something from them”

“Without any proof, the council will not be able to do anything…” she sighs before leaning further against her chair. Ever since that night of the attack, Hyori has not gotten any proper sleep. She continues to get pull in all direction assisting different department and at the same time help prepare the funeral for those who lost their lives.

“If worst come to worst…wouldn’t they close down this branch?” Hojoon asked fearing he might lose his job

“If the council deems this place no longer safe from vampires then most likely they will shut it down. We will be reassigned to different branches…”

“That will …I really liked this office…”

Hyori didn’t say a word as happy memories of the past flashed before her eyes. Those younger days she had spent here still remains, even she will hate to move from here. Suddenly a knock is heard from the door as Hyori give permission to enter.  To their surprise standing at the door way is Yoochun and Junsu as they entered the office and closed the door.

“What brings you two here?” Hojoon asked

“We wanted to check up on your guys to see how you are doing?” spoke Yoochun

“Thanks for your concern but we are doing just fine…” smile Hyori

“You guys need any help with anything?” Junsu asked

“as of now we don’t really have anything…for the time being the council has completely cut off our involvement with hunting…the only thing we are allow to so is process paper work…” said Hojoon in disappointment

“I see...that’s too bad…” said Yoochun

After talking for a bit more, Yoochun and Junsu needed to head back to their office. Hyori stood from her seat and reach out her hand as Yoochun did the same as a farewell.

“Drop by again when you have free time…” she smiled

“Sure…let us know if you need anything…”

With that being said, Yoochun and Junsu left the office as they walked down the hallway. It’s hard to believe that a group of vampires storm this place a few days ago. According to the damages, this wasn’t just a group of level c class but level B vampires. As they made their way toward the exit, they passed a few man dressed in fancy suit. These men slightly look at Yoochun and Junsu before carrying on with their business.

“Who are they?” Junsu whispered to Yoochun

“They are probably part of the special task force here to investigate the issue…” spoke Yoochun as they exited the building and into a car. Yoochun unfolded his hand to reveal a piece of paper that Hyori has secretly handed to him. He read the note as well as junsu

The council has this place completely under their watch. I won’t be able to move as freely as I wanted to so I’m leaving Yunho and jaejoong to you. Yunho will explain everything

After reading the note, Junsu exchange looks with Yoochun feeling like this situation has become more complicated than they thought it would be. Most likely the council will be watching everyone especially Hyori. But even with this note, what is it that they are supposed to do? Should they even get involve with this matter? If the council find out, not only will they lose their job but they will be trail for hiding valuable information. They will most likely face jail time for who knows how long.

“What should we do?” Junsu asked

“For now, let’s go pay Yunho a visit after work…”

As night falls, Yoochun and Junsu arrived at Yunho’s apartment taking him by surprise. It wasn’t until after Yoochun explain that it was Hyori who wanted them to help did Yunho let them into the apartment.

“what is happening at Hellsing?” Yunho asked

“It’s total chaos…the council is suspecting something and has the entire place under their watchful eyes. All lists of vampires has been confiscated and handed over to the second branch to handle…” Said Yoochun "we have been so busy that I barely have any time to sleep...all my vacation plans were cancelled because of this..."

“Then what are there left for them to do?”

“Paper works…”

“Heh…now Hyori knows how I feel when she put me at desk duty” grin Yunho

While they were talking, Jaejoong who was still sleeping sensed a presence as he open his eyes and sat up on the bed. The blinds have been pulled up while the window has been open as the night breeze filled the room.

“You are as risky as ever Changmin ah” smile jaejoong as the figure standing in the shadow walked into the little light in the room.

“I don’t want to be hearing that from you jaejoong hyung..”

“Now what brings you here?”

“Rain…you killed him…?”

“indeed I did…are you here to kill me then?”

Changmin paused before speaking “if you didn’t…I would have…” he grins as jaejoong softly chuckled.

Out of all the members of the direct links, Changmin is the only one he was able to get along with. They both share the same hate toward the overly conceited Rain.

“Are you here to persuade me to join you in bringing back our maker? If so…you can save your breath..”

“I’m not here to do such thing…I know better than to force you into doing something you don’t want to. I heard you were badly wounded by Rain so I just wanted to drop by and see if you are still alive…”

“You are as caring as usual...”

“And you are troublesome as usual…Not only did you went into hiding and completely cut yourself away from us, you went and befriend human. You killed many of your own kind to protect those human and now you even killed Rain...you are only putting that human's life in danger by being near him since you basically just declare war upon your own species…”

Jaejoong directed his gaze from Changmin to the window “it’s a fate I cannot escape…”

“is it because of that woman that you made a pack with?...did you care so much for her that even till now you are still watching over her family?”

A image of a young girl flashed before his eyes before he smiled bitterly

“It’s a promise I need to keep…Yunho is the only surviving bloodline of hers…he doesn’t have anyone else…both his parent were kill by vampires…his older sister died in a fire created by vampires…throughout Yunho’s life, everything that was taken away were because of vampires…I can't help but felt sympathy and pity toward him…”

“So this is why you appear before him even after so many years of hiding…”

“Oh come on Changmin ah…you know how I feel…don’t you? Seeing the person you care about falling deeper and deeper without anyone there to reach out their hand…”

“even if I do…I really wish you will part way from him…it will only bring nothing but pain for the both of you…not to mention that once Woojin return…you will not be able to disobey him…his control over us is far stronger than you think Jaejoong ah…what will you do if he wants you to kill that hunter? With such strong feeling attach, will you be able to bring yourself to end his life?”

Jaejoong didn’t answer as his smile faded before wondering to the past. When Woojin was alive, he had jaejoong kill a child who is only 9 years old. She was an orphan, a poor orphan who was able to smile through all the difficulties. Even if she was able to earn little, she was willing to give it to others who need it more than she does.  Jaejoong just so happen to cross path with her when she handed him a flower. They didn't even exchange any words or anything but when Woojin found out, he had Jaejoong kill her. Even now he could never forget her dying smile. As much as Jaejoong wanted to spare her life, he wasn’t able to disobey Woojin.

Changmin sigh as he approached the window “I’m not going to stop you from doing whatever you felt is right hyung…but please keep in mind that you are a vampire and he is a hunter…the line shall never be crosses...no matter how much you love the human, they will never be able to love you back. it will only ends in heartbreak…” he climbed the window “I’ll leave for tonight…but the next time I see you…we both will be fighting each other…I won’t go easy on you hyung…even if I have to kill you…I will not hesitate…so please do the same toward me…Myunghee will not let you off easy either…she will be coming after you with everything she got…”

“Let me ask you Changmin ah…why are you suddenly willing to help Rain in bringing back Woojin?”

Changmin paused but didn’t answer as he exited through the window.

“even if you didn’t want to tell me…I could already guess…loving a human is never easy is it changmin ah…for one thing...human life span is too short…there are far too many things out there that can easily kill a human unlike us vampires…” thought jaejoong with a bitter expression upon his face

While Yunho and Yoochun is busy coming up with a plan of what to do, Junsu was busy looking around the apartment in hope to see Jaejoong but he wasn’t present at all.

“Where is Jaejoong shhi?”

“Probably still sleeping…I haven’t seen him since night falls…” said Yunho

“Can I go see him?!” Junsu asked in excitement that he will get to talk to a first generation vampire.

Yunho only raise an eyebrow at Junsu’s overly excited expression before nodding his head “he’s…in the bedroom…”

Junsu literally skipped down the short hallway toward the bedroom. He slowly opened the door and look around the room. He felt like a little child in a candy store who couldn’t hold back his inner excitement. Junsu slowly walked toward the bed but to his disappointment jaejoong was no longer sleeping on the bed.

“Jaejoong shhi?…jaejoong shhi…?” he softly calls to him “Where did he go?”

Meanwhile Jaejoong is up in the rooftop standing on the edge of the building once again as he looked down to the city below. He can smell it; in fact he has smelled it for the past few nights. The strong smell of death and bloodshed.  He can’t help but remember what Changmin had said to him. Even if jaejoong had wanted to avoid it, the line has already been crossed. Even if his heart no longer able to beat, he can still clearly hear it when he is near Yunho. It wasn’t supposed to end up this way, he was only keeping his promise and protects Yunho but in the end the same result happened. Jaejoong looked to the sky as past memories begin to resurface. It was a stormy and raining night when he ran into Jung Hee. She was a frail girl with long wavy brown hair and slender body. She was running away from a group of vampires who wanted to kill her. She somehow manage to escape but was badly wounded before collapsing in front of Jaejoong on a darken alleyway. He wasn’t sure what he was thinking back then but he saved her and even brought her to the place he was staying at before treating her wound. It was through this encounter that quickly turns the wheel of time that has stopped for jaejoong. She was a presistance young girl who continues to search for him when night falls. She always drag him around doing whatever she wanted. Usually jaejoong will kill a human and never get involve with them however he wasn't able to kill her. To him Jung Hee was a interesting young girl with many facial expression and odd hobbies. The feelings he had kept away came back and he felted like a human once again. For the first time jaejoong felted love and for the first time he felted like he wanted to be beside her till the very end. He recalls almost killing her one night when his thirst for blood was strong. Even though she was scare and her body shaking, she still smiled at him. With her hand, she placed them upon his cheek.

"So this is who you really are...how beautiful..." she smiled

"you..aren't you scare?"

Jung Hee shook her head "why should I be..."

"Because I'm going to kill you to drink your blood.."

"is that so...then go ahead...if it will satisfy you and stop you from having such a painful expression then please take my blood..."

"why?...why are you not scare and is even willing to give me your blood...aren't you scare of death?"

"death? yes i am...but I'm more scare of losing a friend like you..."

There was no fear in there but the feeling of sympathy and sadness. He once again fell in love with her but he knew this was as far as he could go with this feeling of his. Even after she aged and got married, Jaejoong wasn’t able to leave her side. He carefully watches her from afar. He was content for how things turn out becasue she was happy.  She had never asked for anything from jaejoong but on her dying bed, she finally made a request that will eventually become the reason that binds Jaejoong to the Jung family.

“Youngwoong ah…even…even without me here…you will be alright” she smiled to him when he visited her at the hospital one cold night.

“How do you know I’ll be alright?” he asked her with a bitter smile

“Because…now you have a family…you aren’t alone anymore…”

Jaejoong only looked at Jung Hee a bit confuse

“I see you like my brother…my family is also your family…they will become the light for you youngwoong ah…” she smiled before reaching out her old wrinkled hand to grasp jaejoong’s hand “Watch over them like how you have watch over me…become their guardian angel…”

“I am a vampire…I cannot become something that holy…”

“It does not matter what you are…what matters is here…” she pointed to his heart “even if it no longer beat…I hear it…”

“Hear what?”

“The soft and gentle beats…only someone with such kindness will possess such rhythm…”

“You are a strange one…” jaejoong smirked

The old woman Jung Hee chuckled “No matter what life brings…I want my family to be happy…I want them to be able to smile till the very end like I did without any hate…I was able to live out my life because you acted as my angel youngwoong ah…I want you to give the same blessing to my family…”

Jaejoong wasn’t sure how to respond. He is a vampire and it will not be safe for him to be around human. However the pleading smile from Jung hee made him unable to say ‘No’

“Alright…I’ll protect them for you Jung hee…I’ll watch them in your place…”

Jung Hee smiled happily as tears stream down her eyes “thank you youngwoong ah…thank you for everything…”

One by one he kept his promise and watched till they grow old and die with a smile on their face. No harm could come near them. Any vampires who target them will be killed by Jaejoong. However that night everything changed. Rain had return to Seoul and was constantly chasing after jaejoong. Fearing Rain will harm the human he has been watching, he left them for the time being thinking they will be alright. After hiding from Rain for so long, jaejoong finally return only to find out that Yunho’s entire family was killed. Even though he and his older sister were able to escape, she was not able to escape death. At the age of 7 Yunho was placed into an orphanage. It took jaejoong a while to find his where about and since then he had made sure to watch Yunho closely for he was the only surviving family left from Jung Hee. However Yunho had developed true hatred toward vampires and vowed to kill every last one of them. He is strong and surrounded by others who cares for him but in his heart it's empty. No one seem to realize the lonelilness Yunho feel, the emptyness that he is trying to fill. Whenever he is able to fill that empty space, it quickly disappear again. Jaejoong wasn’t able to watch anymore and decided to take a risk by appearing before him. Now that things have escalated this far, there is no turning back. MyunHee and Changmin will be coming for him. Now he have to make a decision to continue staying at Yunho’s side or go back to the shadow and only watch from afar. A cold wind blew pass as Jaejoong inhale and exhale as he closed his eyes to clear his mind. To calm his body as he decided these feeling should be erased. If he wants to keep his promise and protect Yunho’s world, he will have to fight Changmin and Myunghee. Do everything he can to prevent Woojin from coming back.

Meanwhile Junsu have return to where Yoochun and Yunho is with disappointment

“You lie…Jaejoong isn’t even in the bedroom?”

Yunho lifted his head to meet Junsu “really? He was there a minute ago…he probably went to the rooftop again…”

“Is it safe for him to be up there? If what you said is correct them isn’t he just putting himself out there for the other two vampires to find him?” ask Yoochun

“You don’t have to worry about him…he can protect himself…” said Yunho

Junsu couldn’t help but grin “you sure do trust him not running away…”

“Well…it’s been a few days already since he lived here with me…if he wanted to run away he would have done so already…”

“That’s true…for a first generations vampire…he sure is obedient.” Said Yoochun

Junsu only giggles because he knows the reason why jaejoong has not left them yet as he glanced toward Yunho who only lift one of his eyebrows wondering what has gotten into Junsu.

“Neh Yunho…” Junsu spoke “…your great, great grandmother’s name is Jung hee is it not?”

Yunho was taken by surprise that Junsu will know is great, great grandmother “yea…”

Junsu giggles again which was starting to irritate him “You should thank her when you have a chance…”

“Why?...”

“Let’s just say…thanks to her we won’t be fighting a losing battle…”

“What does that mean?” Yoochun asked a bit curious what this little dolphin boy is hiding.

“It’s a secret…” he smiled

After going over the plan with Yunho, Yoochun and Junsu left to prepare. Yunho is once again alone in the apartment as he walked toward the bedroom. Just like Junsu stated, Jaejoong wasn’t in there anymore. He approached his pistols on the night stand before checking how many bullets he has in there. This will be another night of being on his guard incase other vampires decided to break in. Just as Yunho was cleaning his pistols, he couldn’t help but wonder why Junsu will bring up his great, great grandmother. It’s not like he had meet her either, he had only heard story of her from his grandmother. But from the way his family spoke of her, she sounded like a well-respected woman. But what could a well-respected woman do to prevent them from having a losing fight? Suddenly he heard noises from the window as he turns around and aimed his gun.

“Well don’t this bring back memory” grin jaejoong

Yunho lower his gun “can’t you use the front door like everyone else? Coming through the window like that will get you shot…”

“But it’s more convenient this way…” said Jaejoong as he flopped himself onto the bed

Yunho begin to think about what Yunho had asked him if it’s safe for jaejoong to constantly be up there in the open.

“You should stop going to the rooftop…” he spoke

Jaejoong turn to face him wondering why he will suddenly say something like this since Yunho never really care much for what jaejoong do as long as he doesn’t run away

“It isn’t safe…we are supposed to lie low or else the council will suspect something or worst you will be found out by the other two direct links…”

“I guess I shouldn’t mention the fact that one of them already know where I am” thought Jaejoong

“Tomorrow night we will be moving to a more secure area until further instruction from hyori…Yoochun will be coming tomorrow to help out…”

“Aren’t you human exaggerating it a bit too much…”

“What is there not to exaggerate about? We are talking about Han Woojin coming back to life and about two other first generation vampires who possess the power equal to you…unlike you vampire who don’t need to fear death…we have to make sure we are well prepare for anything…”

Jaejoong paused as he lower his gaze “even vampire will fear death…” he spoke softly

“What did you say?”

Jaejoong smiled before standing up “nothing…nothing at all…”

Without Yunho knowing, unforeseen event has begun to take place. MyungHee’s plan has been put into action. Rather than encountering level B vampires, hunters are beginning to come face to face to sires. Many more lives were lost as more and more vampires begin to appear. MyungHee watches from afar with a smile on her face. By the time Woojin come back to life, a whole army will be waiting for him. Changmin felted like she is over doing it but it’s not like him to interfere as long as their goal is meet.  If they continue like this, give it a week and Seoul will be filled with nothing but vampires. Meanwhile Hellsing is being faced with many difficulties. Hunters from all ranks were decreasing with Sires no longer hiding, it has made killing difficult. The council had no choice but to issue out a warning for people to not wonder out after 9 pm to insure their safety. The Hellsing branch that Hyori manages was given back their ability to hunt. At this time, it’s more important to send out hunters rather than continuing this investigation.

“Those old fool…only unsuspending our activities after so many lives was lost” thought Hyori as she stares out the window of her office. She considers pulling Yunho back for assistance but by doing so she will be putting him in danger as well as reveal jaejoong. But there isn’t anyone as great of a hunter as Yunho. Was it a mistake to put him on temporary leave? Should she have given that task to someone else to handle? With all these sires appearing, too many people have died. All these black lists have been completely useless. No matter whom they go after, rather than seeing their target, they encounter the sire instead. It’s as if Hellsing’s black list has been hacked and distributed to the vampires who they are after. If this continues, they will end up preparing for more funerals.

Hyori sigh heavily in frustration unsure of what to do. Most likely the other two first generations are doing this to draw jaejoong out. If she get Yunho involve, most likely jaejoong will also get involve and they will fall right into the trap that has been laid out for them. If Jaejoong show up, the council will notice and then all hell will be unleashed. What will be the way way to handle this situation?

“Hyori!! Something terrible has happen!!” one of the assistance stormed into her office with an expression of horror