Chapter 18

Bloody Kiss

My Gosh! even though Im the author even I'm excited for the blood war XD....are you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

In the dead silences of the night a sudden ray of red light flashed in the horizon. It extended from the ground up to the darken sky above as the clouds circled around the light. It brightens the entire area and could be seen for miles. Yunho who was still in his hospital room saw the light as it filled his small dark room in eerie redness. Upon seeing the lights, the first thing that came into his mind was Jaejoong. A sickening and troubling feeling washed over him as fear begin to appear.

“Jaejoong…” he mumbled the name with an expression of concern

Hyori also saw the strange ray of lights from the small bared window in her prison cell. She knew right away what that light means as she recalls the conversation she had with Jaejoong a few days prior to the blood moon.

*flash back*

“I’m going to allow myself to be capture by MyungHee and Changmin…it will be quicker to find Woojin’s where about…I’ll do my best to destroy him…”

“You are going to sacrifice yourself? Why go to such length?...is this because of Jung Hee…”

Jaejoong smiled “That’s part of it but…it’s for Yunho’s sake…His dream and goals…all of it will be fulfilled once I destroy woojin…”

Hyori sat in her chair as she looks at jaejoong “Jaejoong shhi…I… don’t think this is a good idea…”

“It’s the only way…” he look at his hand “this…is the only thing left I can do…I have reach my limit…I won’t be able to hold back anymore…I’m not sure what will happen during the blood moon but one thing is for sure…once it is over I will return to who I once was…its best if I’m not around you human…”

Hyori was quiet as jaejoong continues “at full strength and as my old self…it will become a battle between direct links and preventing our maker from returning…this will be a fight that does not involve human…”

“What if you fail?...what if Woojin get revived and we lose you? Humanity will have no chance…”

“If…that were to happen then you will have to tell the council everything...do not hold anything back…include my name among those who needs to be defeated…”

Hyori’s eyes widen “you…you want us to kill you too…”

“By that time I will not be who I am right now…I will most likely kill any human I see…these hand will once again drown in blood….”

“Jaejoong shhi…”

“My request…” he turns his gaze to the large window “I’m going to change it…it will not be for Yunho but for you…” he turn toward Hyori and slightly smile “no matter what happen…do not let Yunho be the one to kill me…I don’t care who is burden with this responsibility but please do not let it be him…”

*End of flash back*

Hyori look at the ray of light with a bitter expression “Jaejoong sshi…” she can’t help but feel like crying at the thought that now she will have to also end the life of Jaejoong along with Woojin and the other two direct links. What will pain her most is when Yunho find out about all of this and seeing the one person he has learn to love died before his eyes. Will he hate her for complying with Jaejoong’s last request?

Yoochun, Junsu, Yoona and Tomohisa also witnessed the red ray of lights as all hunters and even the council was disturbed by its power and eeriness. The light last for a good few minutes before disappearing and leaved the city in darkness once again.

As the night faded and morning lights once again emerged, Hyori has gotten ready to appear before the grand council. She was given a chance to clean up, fix her hair, put on makeup and change her clothes to look a presentable as possible. She sat in front of the mirror and couldn’t forget the ray of light she saw last night. Most likely everyone else throughout Seoul would have also seen it. The chance of the council questioning her on this matter is also very high. She knew this will not be an easy trial; they will most likely blast her for keeping the information from them and for keeping a vampire from them and yet allow it to act on its own. Once they learn that the light meant Woojin has return, they will not show her any mercy. However she will have to be strong, she must not waver under their eyes and faze from their harsh word or be surprise by their endless questions. Right now what she needs to do is convince the grand council that the danger is approaching, she must somehow regain their trust and start an operation to unit all branches of Korea and call forth help from other branches around the world.

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts as a voice enters the room. Hyori look at herself in the mirror once again before standing up and headed toward the door. The guard once again placed the handcuff on her before leading her down the hallway. People will turn and stare at her, some of whom she recognized when she use to work at the main branch. They will look at her with sympathy and knew that Hyori will never betray the company. She only smiled at them to ease their mind that everything will be alright. She is brought through a long and large corridor before stopping in front of a large brown door. The guards push the door open as she walked down the narrow path way to a stand. The stand is in the middle of the large room. There were no floors around the stand as all she sees is darkness below. On the floor above her sat the grand council members consisting of 12 members. They dressed in their professional robes of White and gold. All 12 members of the councils were old of age with white hair and wrinkles on their skin. There were 6 men and 6 women. Hyori could feel their gaze upon her making her nervous but she knew the task that has been placed upon her shoulder. She continues to tell herself what she must do for the sake of humanity.

Yunho was still confined in his hospital room. The hand that has been handcuffed to the railing of the bed has started to show marks around his wrist. He had tried to break off the handcuff many times but it was no use. No matter what he does, the cuff isn’t coming off without a key. The only time he was able to remove the cuff is if he needed to use the bathroom but this will also mean the guards will have to be present. Like Hyori, he too couldn’t forget the ray of lights from last night. He couldn’t even sleep a wink because he continues to think about Jaejoong and wonder what is happening to him. Is he being tortured? Is he in pain? Is he crying? The more he thinks about it the more desperate he wants to escape and go to his rescue. He wanted to be there for Jaejoong like how he was there for Yunho in most of his life. There were still too much questions that he needs to ask jaejoong. Just then he heard noises coming from the other side of the door. The guards were talking to the nurse before the door open and the nurse enters the room.

“I already told you I don’t want any medicine! I want to get out of here!” he snapped at the nurse who placed the tray of medicine and water onto the nearby table. The nurse only ignored Yunho as she continues to check the monitors and mark down the information onto a piece of paper on the clipboard in her hand. After taking down the information, she placed the keyboard down and turns to Yunho. He also turns to look at her and notice her smiling at him. The closer he looks at her the more familiar she became. Once he realize it was Yoona in disguise, his eyes widen in shock

“w-what are you doing here?!”

Yoona quickly covered his mouth to keep him quiet “not so loud Yunho Oppa…”

“Why are you here?” he whispered

Yoona didn’t even answer before pulling Yunho into a hug and started her water work “I was so scare…so worry that you were going to die…”

Yunho gently pat her on the back “sorry…it must have terrified you…”

“I’m just glad you are okay…” she wipes her tears

“How is everyone?”

Yoona lower her gaze “it’s not good…All of us were arrested but…Hyori wanted us to put all the blame on her and to act like we didn’t know anything…because of that me, Yoochun and Junsu were let go but…Hyori is probably on trial now…”

“What about Hojoon?”

Once again Yoona was quiet “he…is currently in a coma…”

Yunho’s eyes widen in shock “C-coma?!”

“sshhhh…not to so loud…”

“What do you mean by coma? How?”

“we don’t know either…after Hojoon oppa stabbed you…Junsu and Yoochun stopped him and knock him unconscious but he hasn’t woken up yet…even the doctor isn’t sure what is going on…”

“I wonder if this is MyungHee’s doing…” wonder Yunho “what about Jaejoong?”

Yoona shook her head “we…don’t know…all of us were too concern about you…when we turn around jaejoong oppa was already gone as well as the other two powerful vampires…we…don’t know where they are…but last night…there was a light…did you see it?”

Yunho nodded his head

“I don’t really know what is going on but…that light…it makes me uneasy like something powerful and scarier is about to appear…”

Yunho can’t agree more, worst case scenario, that light meant that Woojin has return. The door open as one of the guard enters the room telling Yoona that it’s time to leave. She nodded to them and quickly gathered her stuff. She was telling Yunho to make sure to take his medicine as directed before turning around but collided with the guard as her tray and clip board fill to the ground. The guard bends down to help her pick everything up as she thanked him. Yunho spotted her flashed him a smile before the door closed and he is once again alone in the room. He looked on the floor and he too smiled for Yoona have somehow snatched the key to his handcuff and kicks it near the table. However he still couldn’t believe how little she thinks, even though he have the key, how in the world do he reach it still being cuffed to the bed.

“this girl…do she eventhink her plan thoroughly before acting upon it?...” he wonder

Yoochun and Junsu on the other hand were busy with a little plan of their own. Even though they were suspended from Hellsing, they were not going to just sit around and do nothing. They have no choice but to leave the council to Hyori and Yunho to Yoona. The light last night has put them on edge as they try to determine where the light came from.

“From the look of it…it has to be closer to the outskirt of the city…” said Junsu as he looked at the map that has been laid out in front of him

“I agree…I’ll guess it will be somewhere around here…” Yoochun pointed to a specific area on the map “but we will still need to narrow it down further to a specific location…”

“But how do we move around with the council still watching us? Just as Tomohisa stated, the council will most likely have people watching us from the shadow…if we move around too much, we will be in trouble”

Yoochun sat down on the chair as he begins to think “Looks like this is the only way…”

“What is?...”

“Some idiots friends of min who has been bugging me to give them recommendation to join Hellsing…”

“but…is it okay to involve outsiders?”

“Don’t worry…if I explain to them the situation they will understand…” Yoochun stood up and took out his phone and started to dial a number

Junsu also couldn’t stop thinking about Jaejoong, the feeling of shock after seeing him gone the night of the blood moon still remain.

“Please be safe Jaejoong Hyung…we will save you at all cost…”

The trial went on for a few hours as she tried her best to earn the council’s trust once again in order to stop the upcoming blood war. It was tough since a lot of them has lost trust in her completely and accuse her of trying to trick them. They insulted her, threw harsh words at her and made her feel like a useless fool who has fallen to a vampire trap. Hyori however remained strong; she wouldn’t care for the insult or the way they look at her. She will not wary from the tone of voice they used on her. She continues to speak from her heart and after a few more hours the court room is completely filled with silenced.

“You all saw it as much as everyone else last night…the red ray of light…you can pretend you don’t see it but it’s obviously there…that was a clear sign that Woojin have return to the living…we are now once again up against the same vampire king who tormented the world centuries ago…”

“And whose fault do you think this is? If you have brought us the vampire…none of this would have happen…”

“If I brought you the vampire, you would have killed him right on the spot and wouldn’t know about this event…”

“But because you didn’t bring him here and allow him to act on his own…woojin was revived…this fault is yours to carry…as well as the punishment…”

“I agree that it is my fault for being careless and I will accept the punishment that you see fit but right now we are going to be plunged into another long blood war…let me continue to lead my team until after the war…once we defeated Woojin…I’ll be more than happy to accept my fate…”

The councils look at one another as one of them spoke “You have committed a grave crime Miss Hyori…why should we allow you to lead against Woojin…?”

“Because you know it as much as I do that no one is better than me…” she spoke with confident as the council members remained quiet. It doesn’t matter what kind of crime she have committed, she is by far one of the greatest hunter Hellsing ever had. The way she thinks and ability to create plans are extraordinary.

“What about the vampire you have come across…will you be able to kill him?”

Hyori look at the lead council member right in the eyes “yes…I can…”

The lead council member looks at Hyori and can see she wasn’t lying nor did she hesitate when she answered the question.

“If you are confident in your abilities then let’s see how you will lead Hellsing into this blood war….if you fail you punishment will be death on the battle field…if Hellsing wins…then I will throw away the charges against you…”

Upon the news all the other members looked at the lead council members in total shock as they protested against his decision.

“as Miss Hyori stated this is no time to be discussing the punishment…if the red light from yesterday truly marks the reawakening of Woojin then we should be prepare for battle…The chance of surviving against woojing’s wrath is slim…are you prepare for it Miss Hyori?”

“Y-yes…t-thank you!!” she shouted happily before bowing her head.

The lead council member stood up from his chair and exited as the other members shot her a glare before exiting. After everyone left, Hyori collapsed to the ground totally exhausted. She couldn’t believe it but she did it…it was so nerve reckoning trying to talk to all those elders. They only know how to think of the old ways and don’t seem to understand her way of thinking. She leans her head against the railing as she lifts her gaze up.

“I did it jaejoong ah…I convinced them to take the war seriously but now…now your fate has also been tied along with Woojin and the other two direct links…even though you asked me to kill you…I pray you will be able to find your way back at the end and back to Yunho’s side…”

Back at MyungHee and Changmin’s mansion, jaejoong slept on the queen size bed. His wounds have completely been healed. As he slept he felt a pair of hands caressing his body gently before sliding up toward his neck. Those long fingers slowly wrap around his slender neck and then he felt the tightness making it hard to breath. Jaejoong struggled before opening his eyes and notice a dark figure looming over him with eyes blood red and a smile that sends chill down his spine. Upon seeing those beaming red eyes, Jaejoong knew right away who it was as he stopped struggling.

“If you plan to kill me…isn’t biting me a lot faster?” jaejoong mastered a grin through the pain

The fingers unwrapped around his neck as this person leans down toward him “you…never ceases to amuse me…” spoke Woojin “only you can still smile like that when faced with death…”

He leans further and jaejoong on the cheek “Even though centuries has passes and many things have changed…I’m glad to see that your beauty still remain…” he whisper softly to jaejoong’s ear “however it seem you have been a very bad child…getting involve with the human…killed your brother Rain…tried to stop my resurrection and till the very end you refuse to offer me your blood…do you hate me that much?”

“oh you have no idea…” Jaejoong smirked

Woojin however only found this more amusing “looks like I will have to re-train you don’t I…make you know once and for all that you can never escape my grasp…”

Jaejoong knew where this is going as he tried to push Woojin away but he only pins his hand above his head with such force that jaejoong groaned in pain.

“If you are why don’t you go to MyungHee…she loves you, She was the only who did everything to revive you…shouldn’t your love be her reward?” he grinned

“Before her reward…I should first give you your punishment…”

Woojin forced jaejoong to turn around and lay on his stomach. He torn jaejoong’s shirt apart revealing his .

“I should have done this long ago…”

“w-what are you doing?!”

“Did I not say you are mine Jaejoong ah…because I didn’t mark you…others have touched you in my absence…now I will mark you as my property…once they see this they will no longer desire you…” Woojin grinned

Jaejoong struggled but Woojin was far more powerful as he was able to hold him down against the bed like a child. He could feel Woojin’s cold hand slide upon his sending a wave of shivers throughout his body.

“Stop!” Jaejoong shouted but Woojin ignored him

“This might a hurt a bit…” he grinned

Changmin who was standing outside the door could hear jaejoong struggling and then an agonizing painful cry soon followed afterward. He clinched his fist tightly trying to stop himself from interrupting his master. After a few minutes, the door opened as Woojin emerged with blood on his hand. He them with a smile before turning to changmin who bowed to him.

“Get him clean…after that I want to see how much the world has changed”

“Yes master…”

Woojin left as changmin turn his attention to Jaejoong’s room. He enters and closed the door before approaching the bed. What he saw horrify him. On Jaejoong’s back was a blood Seal in a shape of a butterfly, a living seal that will eventually spread and covers his entire body. Once that happens, Jaejoong will die a painful death. Only Woojin can cast it, spread it and remove it. Now Jaejoong isn’t only bond to Woojin through blood but also through the seal, if Woojin dies, so will he. They are now bond through life as well. The only one capable of ending jaejong’s life will be Woojin. This is the cruelest punishment anyone could have received.

“Changmin ah…?” Jaejoong call out to him softly as changmin fight back the tears

“I-I’m here… woojin asked me to clean up your blood…” he said before taking a towel and begins to wipe the blood from Jaejoong’s back. Jaejoong could feel Changmin’s hand shaking a he gently wipes the blood while being extra careful not to cause him any pain.

Jaejoong who is completely exhausted has no strength what’s so ever but still manages a smile “you are too kind changmin ah…shouldn’t you be a little angrier toward me like before….”

“I have no reason to be angry with you Hyung…”

Jaejoong let out a chuckle “that’s true…both your wish and Myunghee wish has come true…woojin is back…another blood war will begin…we will once again kill thousands…”

Changmin didn’t say a word as he continues with the task that was given to him

“Changmin ah…”

“Hmm…”

Jaejoong slightly look at changmin before dropping his gaze back to the floor below “Bringing back the dead will not ease the pain in your heart nor will it fill the space that was left open…”

Changmin paused as jaejoong continues “you know it better than I do that the dead will not be the same…even though Woojin can bring back the dead…it will be no difference then a lifeless puppet…”

Changmin tighten the grip on the towel as he tries to hold back his frustration. He didn’t need jaejoong to point out the obvious. He wouldn’t understand the pain of losing the one person whom you loved with all your heart who accepted you for who you are.

“Let it go…allow your heart to heal…it will be the best thing for you and for her…doesn’t hold her back from being reincarnated Changmin ah…”

“I don’t’ want to hear it Hyung…if you are trying to give me a reason to be angry then I advise you to find other methods…” he put the towel away and got off the bed before heading toward the door “someone like you wouldn’t understand my feeling…”

He closed the door leaving jaejoong alone in the darken room as his golden eyes glows. He kept his gaze on the ground recalling what changmin had just said to him. Even though he doesn’t remember ever falling in love, he can’t help but get this feeling like he does understand the feeling of lost. But why? why would he have this feeling when he has never experience it before? Just then an image of Yunho flashed before his eyes as his head begin to throb painfully. He groans and ends up falling out of bed pulling the covers down with him.

“Who? Who the hell was that?” he wonders

After much attempts Yunho was able to move the bed bits by bits until he got closer to the table to grab the key. He made sure to be extra careful not to be found out by the guards outside the room.

“just a little more…” he thought to himself as he reach out his arm as far as he could. He was only just a inches away from the Key when the door suddenly open slamming him on the head. He groaned painfully

“What the hell?!” he cursed

“What are you doing?” came Hyori’s voice as she spotted him crouching on the floor with his one of his hands still cuffed to the bed.

Upon seeing her Yunho’s eyes widen in total shock “H-Hyori!!!!”

She only smiled at him “what? You think I’ll lose to those old fools…”

Yunho never imagine the day will come when he will actually be happy to see her

“w-what about the tria The council? The punishment?”

“before that…” she reached to the floor and pick up the key and unlocked the handcuff “I somehow was able to put the trial on hold to be part of the blood war"

Upon the mention of the war Yunho lower his gaze as he massages his wrist “so it is true then…Woojin really is back…”

Hyori nodded her head before turning around “go home and get some more rest…I will need you in tip top shape…I’m making you a captain…”

Upon this information Yunho once again looked at her in total shock “w-what do you mean captain?!”

“Yunho…” Hyori spoke his name softly “Hojoon…he is still in a coma…”

“I heard…”

“Other than him you are the only left I can depend on…I want you to lead one of the team…”

Yunho looked at Hyori and notice a sadden expression on her face. He knew she no longer has anyone else to rely on. A lot of the elites has already passed away, there is probably no more than a few members left.

“Alright…”

She turns to face him and smiled “also…about jaejoong…”

“What about him…?”

Hyori was going to say something but decided it’s best to keep it from Yunho “I hope we can save him…”

With that being said Hyori left the room. Yunho walked out of the room and notice the two guards are already gone. He watched as Hyori walked away, he didn’t even need her to say it; he can already guess what she didn’t want to say. With woojin coming back to life it only means that they will now have to face Jaejoong as well. A servant will never be able to disobey their master’s order. But no matter what he will find a way to stop jaejoong and save him from Woojin. Even if in the end he will have to disobey orders and put his life on the line. It is his turn to risk everything to bring back the one person whom has begun to occupy a large part of his heart.  

The sun has begun to set when Yunho returns to his apartment and the place was a complete mess. He had forgotten the fact that his apartment has been torn apart because of the fight. Hyori has arranged for him to stay with Yoochun for the time being while his apartment goes through reconstruction. He had packed a few changes of clothes and other items into a duffle bag. There were still blood stains on the carpet as he recalls the area where Changmin had pierced jaejoong. He then turns his gaze to the large gaping hole on the wall where jaejoong came through with wounds covering his entire body. He stepped toward the edge as the wind blew into the room. A yellow caution tape has been draped loosely around the open hole as he looked up into the sky. The scene of Jaejoong floating there drenched in blood still fill his mind with guilt. The guilt of not being able to protect him was more painful than the stabbing he suffered.

Somewhere in Seoul on the rooftop of a tall business building Woojin stood looking down at the city below him. He can’t help but be fascinated at how much the world has changed. Everything has become high tech as the things he is used to seeing no longer exist.

“Master woojin…” came MyungHee’s voice

Woojin turn around to face Myunghee, Changmin and then to Jaejoong as all three of them bow to him to acknowledge him as their master. He only grinned before turning his attention back to the city below as the colorful lights reflected upon his skin. He smiled with excitement that he will once again get a chance to paint this world with bright red, fill the air with scream and fear.