Chapter 10

Bloody Kiss

Jaejoong once again stood at the rooftop of the apartment complex looking at the city below while Yunho is fast asleep. The night is cold and quiet as the time is 2 in the morning. Everyone is asleep and not a single person is visible ever since Hellsing put out the warning. Even so Jaejoong could still smell it, there are still blood being shed as more vampires crawl out from the shadows. There was all kind of scents lingering in the air making it hard for him to pick up a particular scent he has been aiming for the past few nights.

“No good tonight either…they are shedding bloods to cover his scent…” thought Jaejoong

On the outskirt of the city in an area secluded from civilization, an abandon church stood.

The walls has crumbled with only a few part of the church still stands as the inside is visible to the eyes. Underneath the abandon church is a secret room created by Rain. Lying in a coffin made of steel, decorated in beautiful ancient designs is none other than Woojin’s body. The coffin has been filled with human blood as his body is fully submerged. Changmin looms over the coffin as he dropped the last drop of blood into the coffin. His fang is visible and covered in fresh blood as pile of bodies could be seen behind him. After his fangs disappear, changmin wiped the blood from his lips with his sleeve before looking down at the pool of redness.

“This should do it…it should cover his scent for the next few days…” thought Changmin before exiting the room totally exhausted. He climbed the old stone steps with nothing but torches to lights his way. Once he got closer to the secret door, he pulls one of the torches down as the door begins to open. The statue of god that still remains slowly begins to move as changmin emerge from the ground only to see MyungHee. She is sitting on one of the benches staring at the statue in a world of her own.

“What are you doing MyungHee?” Changmin asked as he sat next to her

“I’m trying to figure out what the human were thinking when they decided to worship their god…there weren’t any living proof of their existence…only stories and myth…and they proudly get on their knee and pray…Rather than wasting their time on such illusion…they should have worshiped master woojin…”

“Everyone has their belief to ease their mind and body…it supposed to bring them joy and happiness…”

“Joy and happiness huh?” MyungHee had a flash back to when she was still human. Before becoming a vampire, MyungHee was a servant to a noble family. Before she was filled with darkness and hate, she was lively and cheerful girl who wouldn’t even hurt a fly. It was the relationship she had with the nobleman’s son that created the darkness in her heart. She loved him and was willing to do everything for him. He knew of this and took advantage of her love. For mere enjoyment, she was paraded around his close friends and slept with them to obtain useful information in order to black mail them. She was his tool to gain what he wanted and desire but never once had he choose her to held in bed. Even so she was happy to be near him until that night. He finally asked her to murder his best friend however a witness had tied the murder to her. She had begged for her so call lover to help her, to look back on all the things she has done for him but he turns a blind eye. She escaped into the darken forest and attempted to kill herself until Woojin appear before her and offer revenge. MyungHee killed everyone and enjoyed the blood of the person she one held dearly in her heart. Since then she knew there is no such thing as happiness.

“Hello MyungHee? Oi…” Changmin waved his hand in front of her snapping her back from memory lane. She stood up and stretches her arm out into the open space

“It won’t be long now…soon Jaejoong will come out from his hiding…we will bring master woojin back and my status will go even higher…” she grins

“How exactly are you planning to get to Jaejoong?” Changmin ask “you have been doing nothing but kill people…ordering the vampires to run wild”

“That is only the beginning of my plan…Rather than wasting our time searching for him….it’s faster if we make him come to us…isn’t that right Heechul”

From the shadow of the church, Heechul emerge with a smile on his face. Changmin look at him and wonder why Rain will have such interest in this human. But then again, Rain never really did have any good taste when it comes to partner.

As the night faded and the morning lights came, Hyori enters a small room located on the west wing of Hellsing. This wing is a special hospital to treat hunters from injuries that specializes in vampire’s bites, poison and injures. The sound of machines could be heard as she made her way toward the small hospital bed where Hojoon laid. His body completely covered in bandage with a cast on his right arm, left leg and around his neck. According to the Yeji, Hojoon has suffer a fractured arm and leg, two broken ribs, slash wound to the torso and many cuts and bruises throughout his body. During surgery, Hojoon went into cardiac arrest. Luckily they manage to get his heart beating again or else Hellsing would have lost a very skillful man. As an Elite, Hyori has given him a mission to infiltrate a building that could be a possible hide out for vampires. He and his group were to storm the place and wipe out any traces of dangers. It was supposed to be a quick in and out mission. According to the report from the other members of the group things got complicated when a unexpected guest arrived. They have just taken out a great number of level B and C vampires and then a loud laughter could be heard coming from all direction. A bat flew into the middle of the room and transformed into a young beautiful girl with long black hair bright red lip and pale soft skin. Hojoon knew right away this vampire is powerful, she possess the same aura as Jaejoong did. Right of the bat he asked for them to retreat. However one of the new recruit was far too proud of himself and didn’t notice the danger. He went toward her and the others followed disobeying Hojoon’s order. To save his team he fought against her and nearly died. She was strong, fast and very deadly. The golden glow in her eye freeze you, the sinister smile numb you and those white fangs, will kill you. Luckily they manage to escape however Hojoon was taken too much damage to his body and was bleeding endlessly. She recalls the numbing sensation she received last night when the assistance storm into her room. She felted like the floor below her has crumbled as her mind went completely blank. Seeing the state he was in scared her stiff, fearing that she will once again have to go through the pain of losing someone dear to her. Even though it wasn’t her fault, she felt like part of it was hers. If she hadn’t sent him out on that mission then maybe he wouldn’t have end up this way.

Hyori sat down on the chair next to the bed and she watched Hojoon sleep. Hi soft breathing ease her mind and the beeping of the heart machine give her comfort. She reaches out her hand and grasped his before softly caressing it.

“You will be alright Hojoon…you can pull through this I know it…” she spoke softly clinging onto hope that he will open his eyes soon. Suddenly the door to the room opened abruptly startling Hyori as she twist around and standing at the door way is none other the Yunho.

Base on his expression, she could tell he is very upset. Yunho only glanced at her before wondering his eyes toward Hojoon. He could feel his heart dropped seeing him this way. He had gotten a call earlier this morning from a team member telling him that Hojoon has been badly injured. However this was beyond what he had imagined. What upset him even more is that fact that Hyori didn’t tell him. If that team member didn’t call Yunho, would she have call to inform him? Hojoon was well known among Hellsing for before the best of the best. In all his years that he have served this company, he has never gotten wounded this badly before.

“who?...who is responsible for this?!” Yunho asked Hyori in rage

Hyori only sigh as she stood up. She knew Yunho will react this way that’s why she chose not to inform him until Hojoon is awake and well. Most likely someone within Hellsing had called him and told him before Hyori got a chance to. Now it will be up to her to calm this beast and prevent him from going on a killing rampage like before.

“First lets go to my office…this is no place to discuss this matter..”

“Why? Why didn’t you tell me last night?!” Yunho asked

Hyori glared at Yunho disapproving his rude behavior in the hospital. There are other patients here that are resting and does not need Yunho’s loud voice to interrupt their peace. As upset as he is, he knew better then to anger Hyori as he quietly followed her back to her office.

“Tell me what happen?! How did Hojoon end up that way?!” he asked the minute she closed the door

Hyori didn’t answer right away as she walked toward her desk and sat down. She took a vanilla colored folder and hand it to Yunho. He only glanced at her before picking up the file

“The number of hunters is decreasing…many Elites has already fallen…we have far too many new recruits that needed guidance. This was supposed to be a quick mission, a simple one that only has level C vampires. It will be a good starting mission for the new recruits. I wanted to make sure they get the hang of it and know what to do so I sent Hojoon with them. The presence of an elite will ease their mind is what I thought…however…A powerful female vampire appear and attacked them…Hojoon risked his life to save his team…”

Yunho look through the files and the building that Hojoon and his team were to infiltrate as well as read the mission description.

“you say female vampire…do you think…”

Hyori nodded her head “there is no doubt about it…it’s her…MyungHee…”

Yunho clinched his fist tightly before dropping the folder onto the desk and stood up.

“where are you going?” Hyori asked

“Where else? I’m going to find her and I’m going to kill her!”

“Yunho…”

“what?!”

“you…really are an idiot…”

“What?!”

“for once can you stop  letting your anger make the decision…Hojoon wasn’t able to beat her…what makes you think you can take her on…”

“I will beat her and I will kill her!!”

“You saw it first-hand how powerful the first generation of vampires are…you even say that they looked like gods…do you really think you have what it takes to challenge a god?”

Yunho recalls the fight between jaejoong and Rain as he lowers his gaze. He hates to admit it but Hyori does have a point. They are strong, fast and deadly. All he has is his combat skills and his guns.

“Then what do you want to do?! Just let things be?”

Hyori leans back against her chair and took out a cigarette before lighting it. She took a puff before releasing it into the air.

“Believe me I am as frustrated as you are…I too want to go out there and find that son of a …but by doing so we are falling right into their trap…she could have killed him right there and then but she didn’t…she is trying to mess with us…cause us to lose control of our emotions…they want us to go after them in rage…once you are blinded by rage, it’s a losing fight…”

A image of Hojoon smiling flashed before Yunho’s eyes “even if I’m blinded by rage…I will use it to win…make them see what rage can do…”

Yunho walked out as Hyori called after him but he refuses to listen. She sighs in frustration before taking another puff of her cigarette wondering if she had made a mistake in promoting him. He has the skills sets and mind to become an elite however Yunho is far too easily influenced by his emotion. Yunho reached the apartment as he took off his coat and slam it right onto the couch in anger. He gets it that compare to a first generation vampire he is nothing but a weakling however for Hyori to state that fact  right to his face is nerve reckoning. He doesn’t care for the fact that he might not win challenging MyungHee. Once night falls, he will go out there and find her and make her pay for what she did to Hojoon. No one hurts his family and get away with it.

As the day lights faded and night comes again. Yunho put on his long black coat before checking the bullets in his pistols. He stuffed them into his gun holster before preparing other necessary items.

“Where are you going? What happen to lying low?” ask Jaejoong as he sat on the window frame watching Yunho who only glared at him.

“where I go and what I do is none of your business…” he spoke coldly making jaejoong wonder what could have trigger back this icy personality.

Once Yunho is prepared he exited the bedroom and headed toward the front door. It has been days since he last went out to hunt and he can’t help but get a little excited. Jaejoong could see the seriousness reflected upon Yunho’s face and he knew what Yunho plan to do will be something dangerous.

“Oi Yunho…” he reaches out to grasp Yunho’s arm but Yunho only slap it away startling Jaejoong.

“Don’t touch me vampire…just because you are under the protection of Hellsing and I have been ordered to watch you…it doesn’t mean that you and I have become friends…you are still a vampire…my worst enemy…I will not rest until all of you are gone from this planet…”

With that being said, Yunho exited the apartment. Just then the house phone begins to ring. Jaejoong took it upon himself to answer and recognize Hyori’s voice.

“where is Yunho? I have been trying to call his cell phone but he wouldn’t answer…”

“He just left…”

Jaejoong could hear Hyori sigh “that boy…I swear he will give me a heart attack one of these days…even after I strictly tell him not to he still went and did it…”


“What do you mean?”

“Hojoon…he is like an older brother to Yunho ever since he lost his family…even though Yunho doesn’t act it…he really do care a lot about Hojoon…yesterday while out on a mission Hojoon was attacked by MyungHee…he is badly injured and nearly died…I was trying not to tell Yunho about it but a team member told him and now he’s full of anger…Yunho is planning to find MyungHee and kill her…”

Jaejoong closely listen to Hyori as he sat down on the red arm chair and turn his gaze toward the glass door to the balcony.

“He is as emotional as ever…” said Jaejoong

“Tell me about it…I nearly lost Hojoon…I don’t want to lose Yunho either…so Jaejoong…can you please go after him?...I’m not asking you to fight MyungHee…if possible I want you both to avoid her…just bring Yunho back safely”

“You sure are comfortable asking a vampire for help?” grin jaejoong

Hyori also smiled “even if I didn’t ask, you will still go since protecting Yunho is what you want to do for Jung Hee am I correct?…”

Jaejoong paused upon Jung Hee’s name, it’s been a long time since anyone ever said her name out loud. None the less he smiled wondering how she could have gotten such a troublesome great grandson.

“Be careful Jaejoong shhi…this might be a trap for you…”

“It’s okay…I was planning to seek them out anyway…”

Hyori was going to question him but jaejoong had already hang up the phone.

“Looks like I can’t keep avoiding them forever…if they want to draw me out then I’ll do as they plan until I find Woojin’s body…”

Yunho walked through the empty street killing any vampires he see while asking them for MyungHee’s where about.  Like before he shows them no mercy while recalling what has happen to Hojoon. The more he remembers it, the angrier he gets.

*Flash back*

“What’s your name? Why are you sitting here all alone?” a 13 year old Hojoon asked a 7 year old Yunho who has isolated themselves from the other kids.

Yunho had just lost his sister and created a shell while distancing himself from others. He had not spoken a word since he was brought to the orphanage. Because of his cold stare and unfriendliness, other kids have begun to ignore him. Hojoon was one of the older kids in the orphanage who like Yunho also lost his family to vampires.

“My name is Son Hojoon…I have decided that you will become my friend” he smiled brightly under the blue cover sky.

*End of flash back*

Yunho heard a cry for help as he quickly dashed down the street. When he turns the corner he spotted a vampire attacking a helpless woman. Without hesitating he shot the Vampire as it went up in flame and turn into ash. The woman looked terrify and her body shaking.

“What are you doing out at this hour? Did you not get Hellsing’s warning?” Yunho asked coldly

“s-sorry…I…I was hold up at work…” she spoke

“go on home right now if you don’t want to die…”

The woman quickly gathered her stuff on the floor before running toward her nearby apartment like her life depends on it. Yunho look at the pile of ashes on the ground and grunted because he didn’t get a chance to ask for MyungHee’s location.

“Where is she hiding?!” he thought angrily as he look up to the sky. Just then he heard footsteps coming from behind him as he quickly turn around and aimed his gun only to see Jaejoong standing there with both of his arm up.

“You were following me?”

“Well…I am curious as to where you will be going?”

Yunho lower his gun before walking pass Jaejoong ignoring him.

“oi…don’t you think it’s a bit dangerous…you should just return to the apartment…”

“Let me guess…Hyori ask you to come after me…”

Jaejoong didn’t answer confirming what Yunho just stated.

“I am not returning until I find her…!”

“Even if it means you will lose your life?”


“Hojoon has always put his life on the line for others…I will put my life on the line for him…”

Jaejoong could see the determination in his eyes. He can’t help but admire Yunho’s loyalty to this friends but this loyalty will be his undoing. Suddenly he could sense powerful vampires approaching from the shadow. Base on the amount of power he sensed, these vampires are most likely sires who had come out of hiding to join the upcoming war.

“Yunho…” Jaejoong mumbled his name in a serious tone of voice. Jaejoong didn’t even need to say; even a human like Yunho is able to sense danger coming as he prepares his gun. Within seconds they found themselves surrounded by 10 sires of all shapes and form. They look at Yunho like a delicious meal and then look at Jaejoong as a chance to gain MyungHee’s affection. If they bring Jaejoong to her, she will most likely reward them.

The sires dashed toward them with intent to kill. Yunho fired a few round of bullets as it pierced the sires however unlike lower vampires, the bullet didn’t do much. One of the sires reach out toward Yunho as he dodged and stepped back before firing a second round of bullets.

“! Why isn’t the bullets doing anything…” he cursed to himself as he dodged another attack before getting hit in the face by another. Yunho could feel his right cheek throbbing from the sudden impact and taste the blood inside.

“Are you really a hunter?” Jaejoong’s voice rings through his head as he quickly looks his way.

“Are you trying to insult me?!”

“Those bullets will not be able to kill them unless you aim at the right place…”

“Right place?”

“Sires are different…they are not weak at the heart…you need to aim for the head…that is where their life source flows…”

Without any delay Yunho aimed his gun and pulled the trigger. The bullet shoots out at a rapid speed before hitting one of the sires in the head as it collapsed to the floor before screaming in agony and turn into ash. Yunho grinned before pulling out his second pistol from the holster and started to shooting. Jaejoong on the other hand didn’t have much difficulty handling his fair share of the attention. He was easily able to tear them apart even without changing to his true form. The golden glow in his eyes was enough to scare the sire making them hesitate to fight. After fighting for a great 30 minutes, the sires were taken down which amazes Yunho. This was the first time he fought a sire or even sees one. Everyone talk of how fearful and scary they are and yet in 30 minutes, he was able to take down 5 sires. He turns to look at Jaejoong and see the golden glow filling his body with a chill. It has been a few days since he last seen the beautiful golden eyes that shines in the night. He didn’t want to admit it but once again Jaejoong have saved his life. If jaejoong didn’t tell him where to aim the gun, he will still be wasting bullets.

“You…you know how to find MyungHee don’t you?” Yunho finally asked after his mind has cleared and he is able to think without rage filling him.

Jaejoong turn to face Yunho as he felt the cold breeze blew pass them “and what if I do?...”

“Tell me where she is?”

Jaejoong didn’t say a word as he only kept his gaze at Yunho “what will you do if I tell you where she is?”

“I’ll kill her!”

“Then I won’t tell you…” jaejoong stuffed his hand into his pocket

Yunho went up to him and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt “tell me where she is?!”

Jaejoong has gotten use to Yunho and his uncontrollable anger as he only turn his head to the side “I won’t help you find MyungHee…because…she is already here…”

He lifted his head up to the sky and so did Yunho. To his surprise MyungHee is standing on the edge of the building’s rooftop looking down at them with an excited smile. A thousand vampires have now surrounded them. Changmin is also standing there behind MyungHee wondering why Jaejoong will come out even though he knew this was a trap. Looking at MyungHee’s expression, she looked excited and proud of herself that the plan was a success little did she know it was Jaejoong who knew of the plan and still chose to come.

“Long time no see Jaejoong oppa…glad to see you are still as beautiful as ever” MyungHee Smiled

“I can’t say the same for you…” he grinned “yo changmin ah…even as a vampire you still growing” he greeted him as if this is their first time meeting.

Yunho could feel the overwhelming pressure of power filling the air with three first generation vampires together. The air was suffocating with just Jaejoong and Rain but now he felt like gravity has become stronger trying to force him to his knee. He had wanted to revenge Hojoon, he had stated clearly that he will kill MyungHee for what she did to Hojoon but when she stands in front of him, he couldn’t even lift his hand. Was this fear he is feeling? But fear of what? MyungHee? Or was it death?

It wasn’t until Jaejoong placed his hand upon Yunho’s shoulder did he snap out of his thoughts and turn to look at him. Oddly enough Jaejoong’s smile was able to clear his mind, get rid of the fear that washed over him. The numbness disappears as he took a deep breath and aimed his gun.

“Aww how cute…he really thinks he can kill me with that thing…even the last human I fought was dumb enough to use a sword…” she grinned as Yunho’s anger rise

“So it was you who attacked Hojoon!” he snapped

MyungHee only continues to grin “of course…that human trespassed into my building…kill many of the vampires I had just created…to me they were like new born babies…”

Yunho pulled the trigger as the bullets flew pass MyungHee glazing her on the cheek as it created a cut as blood begin to surface. Rather than angry MyungHee looked at Yunho in amusement as the cut quickly healed and the blood disappear.

“you will be underestimating me if you think that I’ll be the same as those low class vampires you human has been so proud of fighting…I’m in a whole different league human…”

Yunho glared at her but she ignored him and turns her attention back to Jaejoong “now then Jaejoong oppa…how about we go and have a nice long chat…let’s catch up shall we?”

Jaejoong smiled at her “that’s a nice offer but I will have to decline…”

MyungHee was starting to get annoy of Jaejoong and his smile. It was as if he’s poking fun of her.

“It doesn’t matter if you come willingly or not…either way you will still come with us…master woojin is waiting after all…”

Upon the mention of Woojin’s name from MyungHee’s bright red lips, Jaejoong felt a chill.

“Let’s make a deal then shall we…if you come with us…I’ll let that human live for another night…otherwise I’ll just kill him right now…”

Jaejoong look from MyungHee to Changmin, handling Rain alone was hard enough; to face them both head on will be a difficult task. He looks around and spotted many vampires and knew they are at a disadvantage. Even if jaejoong is able to take on Changmin and MyungHee, Yunho will not be able to survive fighting this many vampires by himself. Even though jaejoong was planning to fall into her plan, he didn’t expect her to bring this many.

“Very well…I…” Jaejoong was interrupted when Yunho steps forward blocking his pathway and aimed the gun at him taking him by surprise.

“Another step from you and I won’t hesitate to fire Jaejoong...” he glares

“Yunho…” jaejoong took another step as Yunho pointed both pistols to his head

“I warn you jaejoong…don’t force me to shot you…”

“Well this is an interesting turn of event” MyungHee thought to herself

Changmin on the other hand wasn’t amused one bit. He knew that Jaejoong is planning something. One thing he has learned from spending time and fighting at his side is that Jaejoong is always one step ahead. He enjoys making the enemy think they are winning but in the end, he will turn around and slaughtered them in cold blood. This was mostly likely how he win against Rain. Now the question here is what is jaejoong planning? What is going through that complicated mind of his? This is what changmin fear most fighting Jaejoong, he takes risk and likes to put himself in danger to obtain his goal. Many people will stand clear of the line between life and death but jaejoong dance around it as if it arouses him.

“I’m not going to let you go with them Jaejoong…I would rather just kill you right here…”

Jaejoong was taken aback by Yunho’s action but none the less his pink full lips curved into an excited smile.

“You really think you can win against me Yunho?...”

“Even if I can’t…I will try…”

“Even if you end up dead…?”

“At least I know I die trying to stop you then that’s good enough for me…”

“I see…”

Before Yunho’s eyes, Jaejoong disappear and reappear right in front of him standing just inches away from his face. Yunho knew where this is going as he attempted to jump but it was too late. He was already caught. Jaejoong had Yunho's face between his two slender hands before drawing closer and planted a kiss up his lips. MyungHee and changmin watched in total shock for this is the first time jaejoong had ever initiated a kiss. Yunho could feel his body going numb like before as Jaejoong pulled away.

“Trust me…” he smiled warmly at Yunho

That was the last thing he heard before his body went weak and his vision blurred. Darkness took over as he collapsed in Jaejoong’s arm.

“Being weak to human is what will weaken you Jaejoong oppa…” came MyungHee’s voice

Jaejoong laid Yunho on the street ignoring her. He turns and looks right at MyungHee with a smile as his eyes glows and the black hair turn blonde.

MyungHee was taken back by his true form. It doesn’t matter how many time she see it, jaejoong is indeed very beautiful.

“MYUNGHEE!!!” changmin’s voice ringed loudly snapping her out of her thoughts only to see jaejoong right in front of her. She barely had any time to avoid him as Changmin pulled her back and blocked Jaejoong’s attack.

“Looks like you have gotten stronger changmin ah…” he smiled

Changmin dislike his smile as much as MyungHee and Rain, every time he does, it’s as if he is telling you that you are going to die.

“Didn’t you agree for a talk…?” Changmin return the smile

“you!! you baster!!!” MyungHee shouted in anger that jaejoong dare try to attack her. She orders for her vampires to attack him but all the vampires have disappeared in a blink of an eye. Did jaejoong do this? How was he able to kill all of them and yet still appear before her like less than a few seconds?

“Tell me Changmin ah…where is woojin’s  body?”

“You really think I will tell you?” changmin grin

“Do you really want to fight your hyung?” jaejoong pouted

“You may be my hyung however…you have taken your place at the human side…I did tell you before did I not…the next time we see each other I will be fighting even if i have to kill you…”

Jaejoong look at changmin before his nail begin to grow long and his white fangs started to appear. Meanwhile below Heechul had emerged from the shadow as he slowly approached Yunho who is lying on the floor. He picks up Yunho's gun from the floor and looms over him with a smile.