Chapter 5

Bloody Kiss

Yunho made his way to his apartment and took off his coat before slamming it to the ground in a fit of rage. He didn’t even bother to turn on any lights. He couldn’t believe how close he was to obtaining information on Heechul’s where about only to have it go up in flame. He went searching for the culprit that ruin his chance of finding Heechul but was not able to find anyone. Yunho had thought it over and over again but could not come up with an answer as to how that vampire was killed right before his eyes. Could it be that something major is going down which might involve Heechul? Maybe someone killed the vampire he was after in order to keep the secret.

He undid the first two button of his shirt before walking into the kitchen and opens his fridge for something cold to drink.

As he open the door, the light of the fridge dimly lights up the kitchen. He grabbed a bottle of water before closing the fridge and opens the cap before flopping himself down onto the black leather couch

.

Yunho leans his head back and took in a deep breath before exhaling it into the empty room. His mind begins to wonder from Heechul to the missing Vampire who has been popping in and out of Yunho’s life for the past weeks. He begins to wonder where Jaejoong is and why hasn’t he appear.  Upon this thought Yunho quickly shook his head telling himself he shouldn’t be soft on vampires. They have taken everything from him ever since he was small and now they have also taken his partner, it wouldn't be right if he start to think about the well being of a vampire. Ever since that last encounter with jaejoong, Yunho felt like life has finally returned to how it was before he appear. Yunho went back to his unhealthy way of over working his body and mind.  However, this was the first time he felted so exhausted unlike before where he couldn’t even find the time to feel tire. Just as he was about to close his eyes and go into dream land, he felt a soft breeze entering the room. He turns his head toward the balcony door and notice the glass door isn’t fully closed. He recalls locking the door before leaving his apartment this morning. Yunho slowly stood up and reached for this hand gun. As quiet as he can, he begin to search the apartment for any hidden intruders. After checking every room and every closet, there was no one to be found. Yunho walked toward the glass door and open it before embracing the cool night breeze. He looks around but didn’t see anyone standing there as well.

Meanwhile Jaejoong is watching Yunho from the rooftop of a nearby building.He doesn’t really want to interfere with Yunho’s search for Heechul but Yunho will most likely die at the hand of Rain. Jaejoong had made a promise to someone in the past to watch over Yunho and this is something he could not go back on.

Suddenly Jaejoong felt a presence from behind him as he turns around and came face to face with a tall man. He has long curly blond hair and piercing blue eyes with pale complexion. This person dressed in an a black outfit as he bows to Jaejoong.

“Pardon my rudeness sir Jaejoong but if I may speak, I don’t think it’s wise to get involve with a human. They bring nothing but destruction. You will only put yourself in danger”

Jaejoong didn’t answer as he continues to watch Yunho as he retreated back into his apartment and closed the door.

“Wasn’t it our kind who first drove the human race into a corner…” he spoke soft and full of guilt remembering the past of when the vampires emerge from the darkness and turn the world red.

“From the way you speak, it sounds like you are taking the human side…”

“There is no side to take…I have no interest in this endless war between human and vampire…I have already fought enough battle, shed enough blood…”

“Then why are you so interested in that human hunter?”

Jaejoong paused before continuing “I made a promise that I hope to keep…his existence is the only thing that matters to me…the only thing left that is preventing me from walking into Sunlight”

The servant vampire was about to speak when another vampire appear before them.

“What does Rain want now?” ask Jaejoong a bit irritated that Rain has not given up yet.

“Lord Rain request your presence at his mansion Sir Jaejoong” the servant spoke with Respect

“Did I not say before? If he has something to say to me he will have to come to me directly? I am not a low enough vampire to go to him every time he calls” Jaejoong glared

“I apologize if this offended you Sir Jaejoong but I was given specific orders to bring you to him no matter what…”

Jaejoong felt more presence as he turn around toward Yunho’s apartment complex and was taken aback by the number of vampires that have surrounded the place.

“He must be getting desperate to send this many” Jaejoong mastered a grin

“If you do not come with me, with just a signal, they will storm that human’s place and devour him”

Jaejoong sent him a deadly glare “Rain is being reckless as usual…he is only putting himself out there to be hunted by pulling a stupid stunt like this…”

Rain’s servant was not going to stand around while his master is being insulted in front of him. He made movement to attack but Jaejoong’s servant stopped him half way.

“…lets go pay Rain a visit…his desperation is starting to annoy me…”

Jaejoong’s servant wanted to protest but he gestured for his silence as he quietly follows the servant of Rain.

The servant smirked at Jaejoong “to think a high vampire like you is willing to surrender for the sake of a human. You must have sunk very low sir Jaejoong”

“If you continue to talk, I won’t be going with you anywhere…”

“My apologies…” the servant bow

The Servant turn into a bat and flew away. Jaejoong turn to look at Yunho’s apartment just as Yunho stepped out onto the balcony once again with a bottle of water in hand. Yunho so happen to look up and notice Jaejoong standing on the other building as their eyes meet. Jaejoong sent him a gentle smile and waved goodbye. He turns into a cloud of black dust before he followed the vampire servant toward Rain’s mansion. Yunho stood there dumbfounded, he thought that Jaejoong has given up stalking him but he was wrong. From the look of it, Jaejoong seems to be keeping his distance but is still observing his every move.

“I must be the most unlucky person in the world” Yunho sigh

At this moment he saw a bat flew from the rooftop of his apartment complex and then hundreds more flew away.

                                                                

Yunho watched in shock, he have never seen this many vampires together before. He rushed inside and grabbed his gun. He came back to the balcony and aimed his gun but it was too late, they have already flown away. Yunho can’t help but get a bad premonition about this. Where those bats following Jaejoong? is he really a sire? What is Jaejoong planning by gathering so many vampires near his apartment? All kind of questions begin to form in his mind but there isn’t a clear answer.

When sunlight came the next morning, Yunho was not able to forget last night when a hundred bats covered the sky. He continues to wonder what they are doing or rather why they are flying as a group. Yunho was so absorbed in his thoughts that he fails to hear Hyori who has been calling his name for the past minutes or so.

“yah! Yunho!” Hyori shouted loudly as Yunho snap back into reality and lifted his head to meet her irritated gaze.

“What is wrong with you? I have been calling your name like 4 times?...”

“S-sorry…” Yunho apologize “is there something you need me for?”

Hyori sigh “we are having an emergency meeting and you are part of it. Now come along”

“Emergency meeting? Doesn’t that only involve the elites and those in higher position?”

“Yes, but I feel like you will want to be in this meeting.”

Hyori and Yunho enter the meeting room, Hojoon and 4 other individuals are also in the room. Yunho look from one person to the next and concluded that the other 4 are managers from the departments of Hellsing. After taking a seat Hyori stood before everyone with a folder in hand.

“Last night we were flooded with reports of a large number of bats flying cross the sky. Higher up is concern that the vampires are planning something so they want us to investigate this matter ASAP. This is concerning to the citizens as well as Hellsing, it has been declare as code red” she spoke as everyone looked at her in total shock. It’s rare when the higher up labeled an event a code red. This only happens when they determine something as a huge threat to the human race. Once it has been declare, all branch of Hellsing are ordered to work together. Hyori opened the folder and slide the pictures taken last night onto the table. Everyone reached for a picture and took a closer look.

“There are probably more than a hundred of them…” one of the male managers spoke

“But what can we do about them? It’s not like we know where they are heading?” ask the female manager

Hyori grinned “actually we do…”

Everyone on around the table looked at Hyori with shock

“Where? How?!” one of the male asked

“It was thanks to our very own Hojoon; he was out doing an assignment for me and witnessed the bats. He followed them and discovers their location…”

Everyone begin to praise Hojoon for a job well done as he smiles and thank them.

“We have already sent out a message to the nearby branches for assistance on this matter. Them including our own, we’ll be sending at least 30 hunters to this place and destroy every vampire hiding in that forsaken house”

“3-30?! That is a lot don’t you think?” ask the female manager who fear that sending too many will cause many losses.

“I know what you are thinking but this number was decided by the councils, we want to make sure this mission is a success…” Hyori turn to Hojoon “he will be in charge of this task and…” she turn to Yunho “…Yunho will also participate as Hojoon’s assistance”

Everyone was startled upon this new information but no one is as surprise as Yunho. Hojoon on the other hand only sat in his chair across from Yunho smiling as if he knew about this information beforehand.

“I disagree with this decision Hyori, this is an important task that must be handled by those of elite status, Yunho is still only a mere hunter.” One of the male spoke with dislike toward Yunho

Hyori sent him a glare “do not doubt my decision! Yunho may just be a mere hunter but he has the experience and the skills to get this job done. Out of all the hunters we have, Yunho is one who will most likely get promoted to become elite”

“w-what are you talking about?”

“You hear me, I am going to promote Yunho” Hyori grins “As of now, Yunho is an elite among Hellsing Corp.”

Yunho stood up from his chair abruptly causing his chair to squeak as everyone turn to face him “W-wait a minute! I didn’t hear anything about this?!”

“I wanted to surprise you, you have worked hard and I see the determination in you that will help Hellsing reach their goal of bringing peace to the human race”

“Congrats Yunho!” Hojoon patted a still shock Yunho on the back.

Everyone else seem to want to protest this decision since they think that Yunho is not ready to become an elite due to his personality issue and his unwilling to comply with the rules and laws of Hellsing.

“I will not hear any objection, this is a final decision and the council already approve of his promotion…” she turn to Yunho once again “as an elite you should know your responsibility Yunho, I have great expectation from you, do not disappoint me and make me regret my decision”

Yunho nodded his head

“Now then, we will be storming the mansion tomorrow. I know it’s not a lot of time to prepare our self however we do not have time. Everyone make sure you are ready for battle!!”

“Yes!!!” everyone around the table salute to Hyori before exiting the room.

As everyone left the office that night, Yunho remain at his desk still in shock that after so many years, he is finally an elite. It’s a dream come true and he is over joy but he start to feel the pressure of the responsibilities an elite have. Those in the Elite position are the role model for other hunters, the ideal image for Hellsing. He wasn’t sure if he is ready to uphold that image considering the fact that he has not yet mature enough. Yunho continue to glance at the badge in his hand as it glimmers under the ceiling lights.

“It’s late…what are you still doing here?” Hojoon asked as he approached Yunho and sat down on his desk “are you afraid?” he asked upon noticing the expression on Yunho’s face while looking at the badge.

“it’s not fear I am feeling but rather nervousness…”

“nervous? Of what? you have been working so hard to obtain this ranking…you deserve it…”

“Do I?...Am I fit to be an elite?...”

Hojoon patted Yunho on the head which irritated him as he slaps Hojoon’s hand away

“I’m not a child…” glare Yunho

Hojoon only smile “that’s the point Yunho…You are no longer a child…you have grown far more than you think…you might not be able to see it but I do and so does Hyori that’s why she chose you…No one deserve this promotion more then you my dear Yunho…rather than doubting your abilities, you should wear it with honor and pride…” Hojoon took the badge from Yunho and pinned it onto his shirt “there…it suits you well…”

Yunho look at the badge on his shirt and surprisingly the doubt vanished.

“thank you Hojoon…” smiled Yunho

“No problem…” he turns his attention to the big open window as he stares at the star cover night sky “Our mission tomorrow…”

“You scare?...” Yunho asked

Hojoon smiled nervously “maybe a little…this is the first time I was placed in charge of such a big operation with so many people involve…I fear I might mess up and get a bunch of people kill…”

“When we became a hunter we have already accepted death Hojoon…it doesn’t matter if it’s you or whomever…someone will always ends up dead…”

“Is that supposed to make me feel better…?”

“it’s supposed to give you assurance that no matter what happen, it will not be your fault…no one will blame you…beside…I know you will do great and the mission will be a success…”

Hojoon look at Yunho before he started to chuckle “how did it go from me encouraging you to you encouraging me…”

Yunho too chuckled “no matter what happen…I will always have your back Hojoon…”

Hojoon smiled “now I know why Heechul treasured you as a partner…”

Rain walked down the large hallway as he approached a white door that has been heavily guarded by two powerful vampires. With a slight gesture, the two vampires move aside as he opens the door. The room is completely dark with the window shade pulled down. He turns on the lights and to his disappointment the room is perfectly intact.  He was expecting his prisoner to put up a bit of a fight and tore the room apart in a fit of anger however this wasn’t the case. Rather than feeling anger, his prison was quite calm about being held here against his will.

“Do you mind closing the door? The hallway light is ruining my beauty sleep” came jaejoong’s calm voice

“What are you planning at Jaejoong? If you wanted to, you could have easily taken them on and escape” said Rain as he approached the bed only to be stopped by Jaejoong’s servant who glares at Rain. He dislikes it when others treat Jaejoong in a prisoner like manner. If it was up to him, he would have taken down every vampire here and escape this place with Jaejoong. Rain also returned the glare that a low vampire dare step up to him.

“This is as far as you go Sir Rain…” the servant spoke with a hint of hatred

“heh…even you have your servant seduced…”

The servant was about to attack Rain but Jaejoong’s loud voice stopped him

“Let him be…” said Jaejoong as the servant clinched his fist tightly before making way for Rain to approach the bed.

“You have been hiding and running away from me Jaejoong…why are you suddenly so obedient?”

“Will…I have no choice right…” Jaejoong smiled                                              

 Rain paused as looked at Jaejoong’s smile, the very same smile he has learned to hate. This side of Jaejoong is what pisst him off most. There wasn’t anything that can raddle Jaejoong up, he doesn’t show fear or hate. He continues to smile and remain calm through it all no matter what kind of situation he is placed in. Back then Jaejoong wasn’t like this, Rain very much prefer the blood thirsty Jaejoong who rip the beating hearts out of his victims in pure joy.

 “What is your relationship with that human Jaejoong?” Rain asked

Jaejoong turn to face Rain with his hair still a mess from sleeping the entire day “I don’t think your relationship with me is good enough for me to reveal my relationship with the human to you Rain dear…”

Rain got irritated as he launched forward and pushed Jaejoong down further against the bed as he circled one of his hands around jaejoong’s neck. The servant try to attack Rain but Rain easily killed him in rage.

“Don’t you test my patient Jaejoong? What were you doing with that human?! Are you betraying your own race?!”

“ahhhaahhh…you kill the only servant I have left…now I will have to go and find another one…” spoke jaejoong without caring for the fact that his neck can easily be broken from Rain’s grip.

“Answer my question!” Rain’s voice resonated loudly

Jaejoong finally look at rain as his smile disappears. His eyes glows a golden color as Rain felt a sudden chill from within.

“I’ll warn you Rain…don’t force me…” jaejoong spoke with an ice cold glare

Rain released Jaejoong as he got off the bed “You abandon all your servant…disregard your status and even started playing friends with the human…you…have completely change…”

“As time passes…a change is pretty normal if you ask me…”

“not for you…You were the most ruthless…the most blood thirsty vampire among us…for a vampire filled with so much desire….so much thirst…there shouldn’t be anything that can change you…”

Jaejoong remain quiet as he lowers his gaze recalling how he used to be. Those past memories that have been forgotten resurfaced. However no matter what kind of person he was in the past it will not influence the person he has become today.

“you need to stop living in the past Rain…the jaejoong you know and lust for is no longer here…stop looking at me with those eyes constantly searching for the past me within this body…”

Rain was quiet before sighing “I’ll ask you once again…will you join me?”

“Not this again…I’ll answer it the same way I did before…I have no interest in your little game…”

Rain turn toward the door “let’s see if you still think the same when he returns…when that day come…will you be able to protect what has become dare to you? Will you still be able to smile like you do right now?...” with that being said, Rain exited the room and closed the door. Jaejoong let out a heavy sigh, putting up with Rain has completely exhausted him. He turns to the pile of ash on the floor and felt sorry for his servant. He has served at jaejoong’s side for so long, out of all the people Jaejoong use to have, this servant was the most loyal. He got out of bed and crouched down toward the ash as he digs his finger into it with a sadden expression “thank you for trying to protect me till the very end…”

The next night, everyone was busy gathering the necessary items to complete their mission. Hojoon and his team of hunters arrived at the location first as he instruct everyone of what to do and provided them the information he was given. Before long the hunters from the second branch arrived and meet the others a few miles from the mansion.

“You must be Son Hojoon…I am Park Yoochun…I’ll be charge of the group from the second branch…” he spoke in a deep and calm voice as he reached his hand out to Hojoon.

With a welcoming smile Hojoon also reached out his hand to him and shook “It’s a pleasure meeting you Mr. Park…with your assistance, I hope this operation will have as little casualty as possible…” he spoke with honorific

“You and I are the same status…and I’m younger so please don’t use the honorific…you can just address me as Yoochun…”

Hojoon turn to Yunho “this is Jung Yunho…he will be my assistance…”

Yunho also reach out his hand to greet Yoochun

“Jung Yunho huh?...so you are the infamous black hunter” he smiled with a hint of amusement that the name feared Black hunter doesn’t really match Yunho’s appearance. He was imagining someone colder, more serious and uglier however Yunho is quite handsome.

“It’s…a pleasure…” Yunho spoke feeling Yoochun’s eyes on him making him uneasy

Hojoon introduced everyone and greeted the others before filling them in on the information they have gather.  Once everyone is on the same page, they made their way toward the mansion. Some of the hunters hide within the forest surrounding the mansion and will act as snipers.

“Are you ready for this Yunho?” Hojoon asked as removed his sword from the sheath

“I was born ready…” smirk Yunho as they stood side by side with Hojoon

“Let’s try and get out of this alive shall we? After that…lets go out for a drink to celebrate” Smile Yoochun as he took out his gun.

“Listen well everyone…search throughout the entire building! Do not let any escape! It’s important that we complete this mission to insure the safety of our people! I know you might be scare or nervous because we have no clue how many of them there are inside or if their sire is also in there with them but keep in mind that you are doing this to protect those dare to you…to insure that human will still have a place in this world!”

Everyone under Hojoon’s command shouted with pride and confidence with no fear in their eyes. Just as Yunho has stated before, everyone was ready to die for a great cause. Once everyone is in position, Hojoon and a few others broke down the front gate as a group of vampires came toward them.

“Fire!!” Hojoon shouted

The hunters behind him aim their gun as they pull the trigger. The sound of bullets echoed throughout the ground as the human and vampire clashed. Rain was in one of the room when he notices the fight below.

“Stupid human, who do they think they are?” he glares at them before ordering all his vampires to kill every human they see. He knew it was risky to send so many vampires after jaejoong and knew that the battle will come sooner or later however he never expected the human to actually bring the battle to his front door. Rain couldn’t decide if he should admire the human for their courage or their stupidity.

Jaejoong was also aware of the fight below as he too looks out his window “There is something you aren’t aware of Rain…human have evolve…they aren’t weak like before…our era is coming to an end”

“Our Era is just starting to get better…” Came Rain’s voice from the door way “we will rule over this world and the human will be reduced to nothing more than food. You either join me or perish with them”

“My answer will remain the same no matter what you do or say, I have no interest in joining you nor will I join with the human, I do as I please and getting involve in this useless blood war is very tiresome and waste of time”

“You are indeed a cruel man Jaejoong …”

“I’ll take that as a compliment” Jaejoong grin at Rain

“You are willing to put your life on the line for a mere human and yet when your people needed help you turn a blind eye….”

Jaejoong fell silent as he lowers his gaze recalling past memories “he is a special exception”

This irritated Rain as he clinched his fist tightly “Then I’ll have to crush him…I’ll kill him, all the blood out of his system and reborn him as my servant”

Jaejoong glare at Rain “if you dare touch him, I’ll kill you”

Rain chuckled loudly “neh jaejoong…if he were to see his partner again what do you think his reaction will be like? If I made him choose between saving his partner and saving you, who will he choose?”

Jaejoong didn’t say a word for he already knew very well what the answer to this question will be.

“Let’s find out shall we Jaejoong ah” Rain smirked as he snapped his finger and before Jaejoong knew it a swarm of vampires as enter the room surrounding him.

Yunho and his group have made it through the front yard as they entered the mansion. It was filled with hundreds of vampires as some were in the middle of feeding.  The place reeks of blood and rioting corpse. It was enough to make a person sick for the air wasn’t even breathable. Upon the sight of the hunters the vampire growls before their nails got longer and started their attacks.

“Kill every vampire you see! Leave no one alive!!!” Hojoon’s loud voice roared throughout the mansion.

Yunho was busy fighting two vampires as he pulls his trigger and both the vampires turned to ash. One vampire came from behind as Yunho quickly ducked down before using his feet to jump back and fired a close range shot. The vampire screamed in pain before bursting into ashes. At this moment he lifted his head to look at the second floor and spotted someone standing there at the edge looking down at him. Yunho can’t help but get this feeling like he knows this person.  Before he could clearly think things through, he is already running across the room toward the flight of stairs.

“Yah! Where are you going Yunho?! We’re supposed to stick together!!” Hojoon shouted but Yunho didn’t listen. He tried to go after Yunho but a few vampires had blocked his path.

As Yunho climbed the stairs, he notice that the person wearing the grey cloak is now gone. Yunho stopped at the spot the other person was standing at as Yunho look around. He spotted the man wearing the grey cloak walked down the hallway as Yunho chased after him. He can feel his heart racing as all kind of thoughts filled his mind. Even though his head is telling him not to high any high hope, his heart is telling him that this is the person he has been searching for.

Yunho followed him as he push the door wide open and spotted his target standing in the middle of a room that looked to be a small ball room. The place was decorated beautifully with the color gold and red. It looked like a room from the Victorian era. The minute Yunho walked further into the room, the large door behind him slam shut. He quickly walked over to try and open it but it was too late. The door would not budge no matter what Yunho do. He turns his attention back to this person in front of him as he removed his hood. This person turns around as Yunho’s eyes widen in shock.

                                                                       

“H- Heechul …” Yunho mumbled in disbelief

“Welcome to my grand ball room black hunter” a deep voice echoed throughout the room.

Yunho quickly scan the surrounding and spotted Rain sitting on a large king like chair with two other vampires at his side. He quickly aimed his gun however Heechul walked right in front of Yunho.

“So it was you, you were the one who took Heechul” Yunho glared

He wanted to pull the trigger and kill Rain however Heechul continue to block his way.

“Move Heechul! I’ll deal with you after I kill him!!” Snap Yunho

Heechul did not move nor did he express anything on his face. He looked like a doll being control by unseen strings almost like a puppet.  Rain only chuckled at Yunho’s frustration.

“It must feel great to see your partner again black hunter…but I could see why you like him so much. He possesses the body of a and the blood of sweetness” Grin Rain

Yunho glares at him with rage; he wanted nothing more than to kill Rain right here, right now.

“Move Heechul!!” Yunho snapped

“You can yell all you want but he won’t move unless I tell him to. He is now my servant who obeys my every command. His duty is to protect me, even if it means death for him”

“you baster!”

“but after playing with him for two years, I have gotten bored…if you like, let’s make a deal…”

“huh? what nonsense are you talking about?, there is no way I will make a deal with a vampire!”

“Oh…what if this deal involve your partner?”

“What?...”

“You heard me…he is not yet a full vampire, I have been slowly turning him into one and if I stop here, with the technology Hellsing have, you can easily turn him back to normal… I can easily release him from his spell and return him to you…”

“Don’t lie to me! I know how you vampire work, you deceive people, offer them what they desire and then when that person let his or her guard down, you attack them…”

Rain sigh “I’m telling the truth here young hunter, that night I did attack him and tasted his blood, however I did not turn him into a vampire. I simply cast a spell on him and controlled his mind. With the little change in him, the only thing he is capable of is turning into a bat…”

Yunho turn his attention back to Heechul. Now that he clearly look at him, Heechul’s complexion is normal, it’s not pale like the dead. He knows that Rain is just messing with him but even so, he wanted to see if Rain was lying to him or not. Yunho approached Heechul and reach out to touch his cheek. To Yunho’s surprise it was warm. He turns his attention back to Rain who has a huge grin on his face.

“What is this deal you spoke off?” ask Yunho

This made Rain smile even more “I’m not asking for much, I’ll free your little partner here in exchange for your life”

“What?! You must be crazy!”

“It’s a fair deal to me, exchanging one life for another…”

Yunho didn’t say a word; he only continues to glare at Rain with hatred and disgust.

“If you agree to serve me as my servant, I’ll release him…it’s as simple as that. But if you choose not to make the deal then…I’ll just kill him since I no longer have a need for him”

“You’re sick!!” Yunho shouted

“Yes, I get that a lot…so hurry up and make your decision…time is ticking and as you may already know, your fellow hunters is on their way here. If they burst through that door and you still have not made your decision, I’ll just kill your precious partner”

Yunho gripped his gun tightly as he tried to aim at Rain but Heechul continues to get in his way. This was starting to get frustrating and Yunho can’t make up a decision.

“k-k-kill m-me...” Heechul manage to spoke surprising both Yunho and Rain.

“interesting, he manage to break through the spell and spoke…” thought Rain

“Heechul? Heechul …”

“p-p-please…Y- Yunho..k-kill..m-me…” Heechul struggles to speak

“what are you talking about? There is no way I can kill you especially when you are still human!”

“N-n-no…I-I-I-I’m n-no….”

“Enough” Spoke Rain as he mumbled a word.

Out of nowhere Heechul started screaming in pain. Yunho tried to help him but there is little he could do to ease the pain he is feeling.

“I beg of you Yunho!! Kill me! Put me out of this misery!!!” Heechul shouted as tears begin to drip from his eyes “even if you saved me! I’ll take my own life; I cannot live knowing this body was held by a vampire over and over again for 2 years! I have even killed innocent people at his command!!How am I supposed to live now!!”

“Stop talking nonsense!! I’ll save you no matter what!!” shouted Yunho “you have suffer too much because of my carelessness; I’ll make sure you heal Heechul, I’ll help you break the spell!”

“No! Please don’t Yunho, just kill me!!” Heechul continues to cry before a huge amount of pain enters his body. He begins to groan loudly as his body started shaking.

“ENOUGH!! I SAY IT’S ENOUGH!!!” Yunho shouted as Rain paused and the pain subsided.

Heechul fainted from the shock as Yunho held onto him tightly.

“First answer me…why do you want me to replace Heechul? What do you want from me? What good am I to you”

Rain glare at Yunho “you have taken something I desire, in order to get back at this person for choosing you, I’ll take you from him…”

“what? you don’ t make any sense, what did I take from you?”

Rain stood up in anger “don’t act like you don’t know, I spent years trying to gain his affection and yet he still choose you who aim a gun to his head…”

At this point Yunho finally got an idea of what is going on “Jaejoong …”

Rain grin “see, I knew you were lying…”

“That doesn’t make any sense! There is nothing between Jaejoong and me!! Why should a hunter like me care about a mere vampire!!”

Rain was quiet before he started to chuckle “oh…this is interesting, could it only be a one sided affection…are you saying you don’t care about Jaejoong?”

“Like I say, I don’t care about an enemy! Jaejoong does what he pleases and storm into my life without my permission, I even sworn to kill him the next time I see him”

The more Yunho spoke of not caring for Jaejoong the more his chest tightens. He could feel a sharp pain in his heart but he ignores it.

“Between your partner and Jaejoong, who will you choose to exchange your life for?” Rain asked

“Heechul of course! Do you even need to ask that question? Why would I risk my life to save a vampire?”

Rain continues to chuckle loudly “this is indeed interesting….did you hear that Jaejoong, even though you see him as someone special, to him you are not even worth his life …”

Yunho looked up and to his surprise; Jaejoong is there inside a white cage. He looked like he was in a gruesome battle with torn clothes, open wounds and dry blood on his skin. Once again Yunho felt a sharp pain in his chest which he could not understand why he is having these feeling. Jaejoong slowly turns his head toward Yunho from below and they made eye contact. Yunho could see a hint of pain before Jaejoong break away and mastered a grin

“I think there is some misunderstanding here Rain, I say he was special because he is an interesting human, did I say anything about having affections for him…”

“Don’t try to lie Jaejoong, earlier you looked horrify when I say I was going to turn him into a vampire”

Jaejoong chuckled “of course…you were planning to take away my only entertainment. If he serves under you, who is going to entertain me…not to mention that the thought of you and him in bed together is pretty creepy….” He continues to chuckle “you misunderstood and basically put yourself out there to be hunted down by Hellsing. Because of your stupidity all your servants is turning into ash….”

Rain glared at Jaejoong, there is no way he could be wrong about Jaejoong’s feeling toward this hunter. He has never been wrong in his entire life and to be made a fool by Jaejoong is unacceptable.

“Then you don’t mind if I kill him…” Grin Rain

Before Jaejoong was even able to answer, Yunho let out a sudden painful groan. Rain continues to grin as Heechul had awakened and stabbed Yunho on the side of his stomach.

“H- Heechul …?” Yunho look at Heechul in disbelief

Yunho grab onto the knife and tried to remove it from his flesh but Heechul only ram it in deeper as he coughed blood and collapsed to the floor in pain. Rain’s loud laughter echoed throughout the room in satisfaction.

“H-Heechul?...w-why?...” Yunho spoke through painful gasp of air

“I don’t have a choice Yunho…” Heechul spoke without stuttering or fighting some kind of mind spell. He talked like how he usually talked when he use to stand at Yunho’s side. Through his eyes, through the tone of his voice Yunho knew he was no longer controlled by Rain. No, it was more like maybe Heechul was never controlled; everything till now was nothing more than an act.

“no choice?...have you lost your mind?!” Yunho shouted as the pain quickly traveled throughout his body as he groaned.

“This body…” Heechul stared at his trembling hand “it will not be able to hold on anymore…”

“What do you mean?”

“Yunho…have you not notice how I have changed when I was with you? How weak I have become?...have you not notice anything strange about me?...”

Yunho paused as he tried to understand what Heechul is saying, from when Heechul was still at his side, he has not notice anything out of the ordinary. Heechul looked at Yunho’s confuse expression as the anger in him begin to grow.

“You are unbelievable…for someone who is always at my side, you really take no notice of my health or my appearances do you?...” Heechul paused as he continues “…I’m dying Yunho…”

Yunho’s eyes widen in shock “w-what do you mean?...”

“I was diagnosed with cancer…the doctor only give me a month left to live…isn’t that horrible…I spent my whole life doing good deeds, always doing what is right and yet in the end I got nothing but death in return….I can’t die yet Yunho…There is still many things I have yet to accomplish…”

Yunho lower his gaze “that night…it wasn’t that you were taken by force but rather you were willing to go with him…to become of them…” he spoke bitterly

“Rain offered me life when everything else offered me death…I can become immortal…I won’t have to worry about being sick ever again…I will forever be young and live for eternity…” Heechul smiled “I don’t understand why human will fight them and go against them…they always talk about finding the fountain of Youth and yet they fail to realize that the fountain of youth is right before their eyes…” Heechul spoke with so much excitement that it made Yunho frustrated that someone who was so pure and so kind will talk this way.

“After you die Yunho, I’ll become a full fledge vampire….” Heechul looked at Yunho with evil in his eyes. Yunho no longer see the light that shines through them, all he sees is darkness “so Yunho…do me a favor and quickly die…If you truly care about me then exchange your life for my immortality!”

Heechul held up the knife once again as the blood stain blade glimmers from the lights within the room. He grinned as he begins to approach Yunho once more. Heechul was about to attack Yunho when something pierced his flesh as he coughed blood. The entire room went still as Yunho and Rain watched in horror as the gushing of blood came out from Heechul’s body and splattered onto the floor. Some of the blood got onto Yunho as it mixed with his blood stair shirt. A pale slender hand with long nails had pierced through his flesh and this hand belonged to none other than jaejoong. He had escaped from the cage with anger in his eyes. It glowed an eerie and yet powerful golden color.                                          

“J-jaejoong?...”

“You are afraid of death but let me tell you something…I am far scarier than death…” Jaejoong grin as he whispered into Heechul’s ear sending a shock wave of icy cold chill throughout his body.

Yunho watched in surprise as long white teeth begin to grow from Jaejoong’s mouth.

“w-wait…n-no…”Heechul spoke in fear as he wanted to escape.

Jaejoong was about to bite down on Heechul when Rain interfere. Jaejoong removed his hand from Heechul’s flesh and dodged Rain’s attack as he stood before Yunho. Rain was able to catch Heechul before he falls to the ground. After having him in his grasp he jumped back to create some space between them.

“Jaejoong…you dare to touch my belonging?!” Rain sneered at Jaejoong with anger but paused when he notice the anger in Jaejoong’s expression. It has been a long time since Jaejoong possesses the desire to kill. Back then Jaejoong was the most gruesome and most cruel vampire there is. Rain admired Jaejoong not because of his beauty but rather because of the darkness that lies within.  He begins to laugh in disbelief that all it took for Jaejoong’s dark side to reawaken was the blood of a mere human.

“It has been so long…so long since I last seen your eyes glow with such darkness…” Rain smile happily “Everyone praised you saying what a beauty you are but none of them realize that your true beauty was those eyes filled with anger…”

“For years I have spared your life Rain…I have done everything I could not to interfere with you and your plans but you have crossed the line…I have no choice but to pass onto you your judgment…” Jaejoong glared at Rain as his black hair turn blond as his eyes glows. The nails on his fingers grew long filled with deadly poison.

                                                            

Yunho is beginning to lose consciousness as his vision started to blur. He could feel the atmosphere in the room started to change. It was as if all the air in the room has disappear making it hard to breathe. He glanced at Jaejoong and this is the first time he have seen Jaejoong in his vampire form. It sends a cold chill throughout his body just looking at him. Jaejoong always have on that aloof look and acted like a child and now standing before him is someone very fearful.  Yunho could see Heechul’s blood on Jaejoong’s hand as it drips from the sharp tip of his fingers.  Everything felted like a nightmare, as if it’s just a dream.