Chapter 32

Bloody Kiss

Yunho was still asleep in his bed when the sound of gun fires and explosion shook the apartment building. He struggled to sit up as he turn his gaze to the window where the curtain has been pulled to a close. His head was still spinning while his body is weak from the cold he has been suffering. With every strength he got, he got out of bed and slowly walked toward the window before pulling the curtain aside. It took a few seconds for his eyes to adjust to the light as he looks at the sun. The moon has completely blocked its light as the city is shrouded in a thin layer of shadows.

Hojoon jumped on top of the Barnabas as his team tried to distract it with their constant firing. With one swift move he stabbed the Barnabas on the neck which happens to be its weak point. Upon the pain, the barnabas growled in pain as blood gushed out. It collapsed to the ground as Hojoon jumped of it and wipes the blood from his cheek.

“Way to go Hojoon!” his team cheers for him as he flashed them a confident smile. While he was indulging in the glory another Barnabas looms behind him. Hojoon was given little amount of time to turn around and escape. He thought for sure he was going to die as it tries to bite down on him. However someone appears and kicked the Barnabas as it went flying and collided with the nearby building. 

“Human are too stupid…letting your guard down just because of a bit of praise…you going to get yourself kill a lot sooner…” the vampire name Seungri spoked

“My bad…” Hojoon apologize with a smile

The barnabas growled as it stood back up and glares at them.

“I’m not going to save you a second time…” said Seungri

“It’s okay…I can protect myself…” grin Hojoon as he held out his blade and his team aims their guns “Can I say something…”

“What?”

Hojoon turn and smiled at Seungri “It’s a pleasure having to fight side by side with you…I hope after this we can continue our friendship…”

Seungri raised one of his brows at Hojoon “since when did…”

Hojoon didn’t even answer as he dashed forward and attack the barnabas.

Yoochun and his team were fighting a total of 2 barnabas along with average vampires who took them by surprise. It first they thought it was only the barnabas when suddenly the normal vampires appear out of nowhere and took out 3 of the hunters under Yoochun’s command. According to the information from jaejoong and Hojoon, barnabas is weak at the neck. However to even get close enough to attack proves quite difficult. No matter how much they fire their bullets, it only bounces off of it.

“This won’t do…at this rate we won’t be able to do anything…” thought Yoochun as he looks for a way to get on top of the barnabas. He aimed his gun as he fires it at the first barnabas as it launched toward him. He was able to dodge its attack before sliding below it to the other side. As soon as he was behind the barnabas Yoochun quickly stood back up and dashed toward it. He continues to fire the bullets at the barnabas’s face as it used it’s hand to block the bullets. When the barnabas remove it’s hand from its vision, to its surprise Yoochun is very close. It tried to swing its arm at Yoochun who only jumped up before using the barnabas’s arm as a lever. He was able to get on top and aimed the gun directly down toward the barnabas’s neck and fired a few rounds. The barnabas shouted before it shook Yoochun off of it. Yoochun collided with the ground as he felt his left shoulder throbbing from the sudden impact. However he manages to take one down, now they only have to worry about the second one. Just then a vampire drop from the sky down toward them as he quickly killed the normal vampires in one move before moving toward the barnabas. He moved so fast that the barnabas wasn’t able to keep up. He climbed the wall before jumping off and with his long nails he slashed the barnabas’s neck before landing on the ground. A satisfying smile spread across his face.

“You did pretty well for a human…however…leave the barnabas to me…you just concentrate on the vampires…” the vampire name Taeyang spoke as his eyes glows a golden color

Tomohisa and Yoona were fighting in the middle of the broken city as multiple barnabas along with vampires came out of nowhere and started attacking them. The number continues to grow as their teams were suffering the lost more than the gain. They barely able to get on top of the barnabas to attack it’s weak point. Every time they get close enough to do it, a vampire will appear and stop them. A vampire tried to attack Yoona as she quickly turn around and fired her gun as it turn into ash. Out of nowhere the wall of the building near them exploded as it crumbles to the ground. A barnabas appear and growled at her. It chased her down the street as she fires at it but it proves to be useless. Tomohisa notice her in trouble as he tries to go and help her but his path was blocked.

“Yoona!” he shouted as she tripped and falls to the ground with a loud thud. She scrapped her knee as blood begin to ooze out taking the attention of vampires and barnabas nearby. It looms over her as her body shook in fear. Drools were flowing out of the barnabas’s large jaw as his large sharp teeth show its self. It growled loudly as it launched at her and she screamed as she shut her eyes closely. However a second later nothing happen. When she opens her eyes she was no longer sitting on the ground but is flying in midair. Holding onto her is Daesung as he smiled at her. More of jaejoong’s vampires appear as they assist in this dangerous situation.

“Why are you always saving the girls…” spoke the vampire name Ji-yong as he killed the barnabas that attacked Yoona

“Because they are more fragile…I can’t sit still and watch them get kill especially one as beautiful as this young lady…” he winked at her as she blushed

“You make me sick…” Ji-yong made a puking sound

“Don’t be jealous because you aren’t popular with the ladies…”

“Who wants girls…” grin Ji-yong

“Oh…so you finally admit it that you prefer boys…”

“As if!!” Ji-Yong shouted

Hyori was also out in the city joining in the fights. Her speed and her strength surprised her teams as they watched how easily she was able to kill the vampires and attack the barnabas. It was as if a demon has been unleased. It has been so long since she was able to fight like this. Ever since she got promoted most of her times were in the office but now, now she can finally do what she does best without holding back. A few vampires dashed toward her as she aimed her gun and fired killing all of them all at once. An excited smiled spread across her face as the pistol she has stored away shines in her hand. A few more vampires and barnabas appears surrounding the team. Hyori however was not afraid of them or the fact that right now they are outnumbered. The vampires were the first to strike as they aim their guns and started to fire. One of the barnabas bite down on one of the hunter as he shouted in pain. Just then jaejoong appear killing the barnabas in one quick move as it falls to the ground.

“About time you show up...” grin Hyori

“You can’t seriously blame me…” smirk jaejoong as a changmin and MyungHee also arrived.

“It doesn’t matter…let’s just clean up this mess as quick as possible…” said Hyori

All the vampires and barnabas launched toward them all at once. Jaejoong dodged the attack and slashed the vampires as they turn into ash. A barnabas appear behind him as it tries to cut him but then changmin blocked it’s attack while Myunghee jumped on top of the barnabas and slashed its neck. Them alone were able to take down most of the barnabas and vampires without the help of Hyori and her team. Just watching them work at as a team makes her body tremble. They were so in sinc with one another barely giving any time for the enemy to touch them. Their power and strength is indeed one to be feared. In fact now that Hyori thinks about it, she is more frightful of these three vampires before her rather than woojin. Within just a few minutes, all the vampires and barnabas in the area was completely defeated as jaejoong, changmin and MyungHee stood side by side.

“This is too much for me to handle…” thought Hyori as she looks at them with eyes of admiration and fear. Drenched in vampire blood, their eyes glows a beautiful golden color giving off an aura of superiority. It was as if something that was once broken has once again become whole.

Jaejoong lifted his gaze to the sky “where are you Woojin?!” he wonders for Woojin has yet to make his appearance.

While everyone was busy fighting Yunho was stuck in the apartment feeling like . All he could do is look at the city while everyone is fighting till the very end to prevent eternal darkness from happening. To think that on such an important day he ends up catching a cold. Once again his body shook, he wasn’t sure if it was the shaking of the building that made his body shook or if it was the overwhelming urge to go out there that made him shook. He clinched his fist tightly as he finally made up his mind. He will not stand here and do nothing. Even if he got a cold he will still go and try to kill as many as he can. With this thought in mind, Yunho tosses the blanket aside and changed his clothes. He reached for this pistols sitting on the counter and placed them into the holster before he started coughing again.

“You are just going to get yourself kill you know…” came Top’s voice as Yunho turn to face him

“So he did left one of you behind…” spoke Yunho as he wipes the spits from his lips and glared at Top

“Don’t look at me like that…he is just worries for you…”

“You can try and stop me but I’m still going to go out there…”

“and do what human? you are as weak as a little girl right now…you will be nothing but a burden…if you want to die to badly do it where no one else will die with you…”

Yunho only ignored him as he took a few steps and felt his entire body throbbing as his leg became weak. He leans against the wall for support as he cursed to himself for allowing himself to fall into such a terrible state.

“It’s best if you wait here…let the strong handle the war…”

Yunho glared at him “are you saying I’m weak?!”

“Right now you are…jaejoong asked me to watch you…I’m going to carry out my job either you want me to or not…as long as I’m here, you aren’t going anywhere except back to bed…”

They stare at each other for a bit as Yunho stood up straight and took out his gun before aiming it at Top who was not one bit fazed.

“Do you really want to do this?” sigh Top

“I need to go out there…I need to fight with them…”

“You need to take care of yourself first…forcing yourself will only make things worst…”

“I will go no matter what you do!”

Top glared at Yunho “I was given the task of watching you…I will not disappoint jaejoong because of your stubbornness…!” he took out the blade in his hand as Yunho still kept the gun aimed at him.

They both stood still as they look at each other. It wasn’t until the building shook once more and to their surprise a Barnabas as entered the apartment creating a large hole right on the wall. Top quickly jumped from where he was standing toward Yunho.

“give me a break…” sigh Top before turning to Yunho “looks like you will get your wish after all…just don’t blame me if you end up dead…”

“I won’t die…”

“You sure are confident…”

Yunho aimed his gun at the barnabas as he smiled “that’s because you are hear…”

Top return the grin as he held out his blade toward the beast before them. Within a few seconds the barnabas launched toward them. Yunho pulled the trigger as the bullets once again bounce from the beast’s thick skin.

“That won’t do anything….” Said Top as he attacked the beast head on. He swings his sword at the beast but like the bullets it wouldn’t cut.

“That won’t do anything either…” smirk Yunho

Top only glare at Yunho as they both tag team against the beast turning the once perfect apartment into a total mess as walls and everything falls to the ground. The barnabas swing at Yunho as he quickly dodge it and fired his gun. Using the wall, Top bounce from it as he swing his sword once more as Yunho fired the bullets to distract the beast. With his attention at Yunho, Top quickly slashed the beast on the neck. Upon the cut, the barnabas twirl around surprising Top before it swing it’s arm knocking him against the wall.

“Damn…I miss the critical part…” curse Top as he wipes the blood from his lip.

“This apartment is too narrow…we need to drag him outside…” whisper Yunho

“Leave that to me…” grin Top as he stood back up and smiled.

The barnabas growled at them as it dashed toward them. Top took a deep breath before dashing toward the beast as well. He dodges the first attack and with one kick he pushed the beast outside as it falls 8 floors to the ground below with a loud thud. Top jumped out the large hole on the wall down toward the barnabas below with his blade in hand. Yunho stepped toward the edge and looked down. He could feel his body weakening again as he became light headed. However he was not going to let this stop him as he turn and run out of the apartment and toward the stairs. However halfway down he felts his body throbbing painfully as if something inside of him is trying to come out. His chest tightens as his vision started to get blurry. He leans against the wall panting and breathing heavily before calming his body a bit as he continues down the flight of stairs.

The barnabas attacked Top who dodges him and swing his blade but it barely do anything. Just as he thought he was going to get the upper hand the beast pull a fast one on him as it disappear from where it was standing and reappear right behind him. The barnabas swing it’s arm knocking Top against the wall before dashing toward him and grab onto him. It swing Top around like a small toy before slamming him against the pavement below. Top coughed blood as the barnabas leans down to try and bite Top. Using his blade he manages to stop the beast from biting down as the blade is stuck between the beast’s mouths slowly cutting at the corner of its mouth. Yunho finally appear as he aims his gun however his vision started to get blurry. His hand was shaking as he couldn’t aim accurately as it sways back and forth. He cursed before dashing forward caring little about his body. He jumped from the ground and got on top of the beast while it was busy attacking Top. He aimed his gun and pulled the trigger as a few bullets pierced the beast’s neck. It let out a loud painful growl before stumbling backway and collapsed to the ground. Yunho also collapsed to his knee feeling worst then before.

“You don’t look too good...” spoke Top

“Hell...I don’t feel too good either…” Yunho mastered a weak smile

“This is why sick people should stay in bed…”

“Well…that is no longer an option…the apartment is a complete mess…”

“Come on we can’t be out in the open like this…” said Top as he reached down to help support Yunho

Just then Yunho felt an overwhelming pain throbbing from both his eyes to his head. He groans painfully alarming Top.

“What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know…my eyes…it really hurts…my head hurts…my body hurts…” he groans painfully

“Oi which is it?”

Yunho wasn’t able to speak due to the pain as Top begins to suspect that this was no longer the symptom of a cold. There was something else going on here with Yunho that he isn’t sure of.

“You left me to watch over a very troublesome person jaejoong…” thought Top

While everyone was busy fighting, Woojin descended from the sky onto a tall tower just above the eclipse with a smile on his face. A large wind blew pass as his hair and clothes sway back in forth. He closes his eyes and listens in on the scream and gun fires as he welcome the smell of bloodshed. He lifted his head toward the sky and look at the eclipse.

“Soon…soon all of my wish and dreams will be accomplished! This time…this time I will succeed…” he spoke as he lifted both of his arms to his sides and his eyes glows brightly red.

Jaejoong just got done killing a few vampires when he notices the oddness of the eclipse. The moon had moved a bit earlier and not it is back to where it was before.  In other words, Woojin has started his plan of eternal darkness. More vampires launched toward him from behind as he glares at them. His eyes glow a golden color as he quickly killed them in one move as ashes falls around him. He lifted his gaze to the sky. It was faint but he could feel it, the presence of Woojin nearby. He didn’t even tell anyone as he disappears from where he was standing leaving both MyungHee and Changmin in confusion. 

The closer jaejoong got to Woojin the stronger his presence became. Jaejoong stopped as he stood on the roof top of a building looking directly at Woojin as he stood on top of the tower.

“WWOOJJIIINNN!!!” jaejoong shouted drawing his attention to him

“You can’t stop it now Jaejoong…it has already begun… in just a few hours…this eclipse will forever be permanent…we vampires will no longer have to fear the sunlight…”

“If I kill you…I’ll be able to stop it…” glare Jaejoong as he grows out his nails once again and took off from where he stood toward Woojin who only smiled. Out of nowhere a group of vampires appear in front of jaejoong blocking his path as they sent him flying back down toward the roof top.  These sires flew down toward jaejoong and they attacked him as a group. Jaejoong try to dodge them as much as possible as he blocks their attack and counter attack against them. Woojin snapped his finger as more and more vampires begin to appear fighting against jaejoong. No matter how many he killed, the numbers continues to grow. His eye glows as he slashed more vampires as it begins to rain ashes around him. A barnabas appear and reach out wrapping it’s hand around jaejoong from behind. It squeeze tightly as jaejoong let out a painful groan.  The barnabas bite down on jaejoong’s right shoulder tearing his flesh as blood gushed out. However he was not going to let this stop him as he manages to break free of the hold. He jumped over the barnabas and slashed its neck before jumping off and fighting against the other vampires that dashed toward him. His wound was started to heal slowly however until it is fully heal, his strength has decreased. Vampires were coming from all direction, from the sky, from the ground, from the side all with the same goal of killing jaejoong. Woojin only laughed and watched in amusement seeing the one person he has come to hate defeated. He once again turns his gaze toward the eclipse as the normal color started to change into a dark red. Jaejoong knew he will have to do something if they hope to win this war. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. Once he opens it the glows intensify.

“Disappear…” he spoke the word as all the vampires around him begin to disappear one by one. It has been a while since he last uses the power of spoken words. Upon using this power he has weaken his strength as all the vampires under him felt the change.

“Jaejoong? You didn’t…” Changmin wonder as he looked at the sky where the fading presence came from. He turns to MyungHee “you stay here…I’m going to go find jaejoong…” with that he left.

Top also felt the change as his expression changed to one of uneasiness. He badly wanted to go to where jaejoong is but with Yunho the way he is now, Top can’t leave him alone.

Woojin look down at jaejoong with a disappointed expression as all the vampires have been turn into ash. He had totally forgot that jaejoong know of such a powerful spell. But by using it he is putting himself in danger. Jaejoong coughed blood as he wipes it with the sleeve of his shirt. He turns his gaze to Woojin as their eyes meet. Rather than showing expression of pain, jaejoong only smiled at him irritating woojin.

“Indeed you were my biggest mistake…in this world there can only be one of us alive…” he glares before reaching out his hand to jaejoong “let’s see who is more powerful jaejoong ah…”

Jaejoong took off from where he stood as he flew toward Woojin. He swings his arm but Woojin was able to block it as he too tries to attack Jaejoong who dodged him. They both fought almost like two gods going against each other. Jaejoong tried to slash Woojin who disappear from where he was standing and reappear right behind jaejoong. He tries to attack jaejoong from behind however jaejoong was able to dodge it and counter attack. This surprised woojin as jaejoong’s sharp nails cut him on the cheek and his blood begin to flow out. This only anger Woojin more as his eyes glows brightly before dashing toward jaejoong.  They clashed with one another when Changmin arrived at the scene. He stood there and watched as Jaejoong and Woojin fought against each other in amazement. Even though Changmin was the same as Jaejoong, he felt like jaejoong has become as powerful as Woojin.  Just where does he get this strength and this power from? Just what have jaejoong been doing during those centuries that they were apart? Even though he wanted to help, his body wouldn’t move. It’s like he didn’t want to stand in between two gods or that he will be interfering in a fight that doesn’t involve him.

Even though the apartment has become a complete mess, Top helped Yunho to the living room as he sat down on the floor against the wall. 

“How are you feeling?” Top asked

“A bit better but my eyes hurt…” stated Yunho as it gets harder and harder for him to keep his eyes open. The entire time he had his eyes closed as the pain in his head started to fade.

Top crouched down near Yunho “Do you need anything?”

“Water…can you grab me some water…”

“Alright…”

Top stood up and left while Yunho sat on the floor. He tries to open his eyes again but it hurts as his vision started to disappear as if he is going blind.

“What the hell is happening to me?” wonder Yunho as he too felt like this is no longer a cold but has manifested into something much more.

“Here…” said Top as he handed Yunho a cup of water.

He drinks the water as if he has not drunk it for a while.

“Oi…slow down…” said top but Yunho wouldn’t listen as he started to choke on the water and cough “see I told you…”

Yunho wipes the water from his lips “what is happening now?” he asked

Top turn his gaze to the sky and notice two people fighting in midair as he look at the eclipse that is slowly changing color “Let’s just say it’s not going too well…Jaejoong is fighting against woojin as we speak…”

Upon the mention of Woojin Yunho snapped his head toward Top “Woojin? Why is jaejoong fighting woojin?”

“Who else can take him on?”

“Who else? Who else is helping with him?”

“From the look of it…it’s only him…he told us yesterday that no matter what happen…no one is to interfere with his fight against Woojin…something about it being his responsibility…his burden to carry…”

Yunho didn’t say a word as he clinched his fist tightly that even after everything Yunho had said, jaejoong still went and took it upon himself to handle Woojin alone. Top looked around the room and notice something under the fallen book shelve. It draws his attention as he walked over and pulls it out. To his surprise it’s the cursed sword that was used to kill Woojin. However he was not aware of this knowledge since jaejoong didn’t really tell the third generation of vampires anything regarding the first blood war.

“This is a lovely sword you got here…mind if I have it...” Top asked with a smile

“Sword?...” it took Yunho a bit to realize that he still have the sword in the apartment.  He tries to stand up as he opens his eyes but his vision was still fading in and out. However he did make out the sword Top is holding on to. He reached out and took it into his hand. Without this sword, jaejoong will not be able to kill woojin. At the end the one who will die will most likely be jaejoong.

The human fought against the vampires as the third generation did their best to assist any risky situation. With the alliance between vampires and human, this war seem like it might end in the favor of those who wishes to save this world. Rather than being chased down, they were the one doing the chasing as they forced Woojin’s army back into the shadows.

“Don’t give up!!” Hyori’s voice ringed through the air as they continues to push forward.

Jaejoong is also doing his best against woojin but at this moment they both seem equally matched. Jaejoong was breathing heavily as he suffered a few wounds here and there as it begin to heal. Woojin also suffered his own share of wounds but they heal a lot quicker than jaejoong.

“I’ll hand it to you jaejoong…you are the first one to ever equally fight against me...rather than continuing to fight against me…why don’t you join me once again…you can have anything you want...there is no limit to what you can obtain once the sun has been block for eternity…”

“I’ll never join with you again Woojin…you may be my master…my creator…but I have learned to become a person of my own…”

“You will regret this decision jaejoong…”

“I have never regretted it or will I ever…even if I’m going to die…I’ll die with a smile on my face…”

The way jaejoong talk and smile irritated Woojin. His eyes glows as he flew toward jaejoong as he also flew toward Woojin. They fought without giving each other any time to break. With one hit from Woojin, jaejoong flew back down as he collided with the roof top and coughed blood. He felt the pain traveled throughout his body but he wasn’t going to let it bother him as he flew back toward Woojin. Changmin still remain nearby as he look at the eclipse and notice half of it has turn dark red. At this rate the entire world will be without sunlight and woojin will be able to destroy everything. Just as he thought of this, jaejoong came crashing down in front of him.

“Jaejoong hyung!” Changmin rushed toward him

“! This old fool isn’t holding back at all…” curse jaejoong as he stood up while the cut on his face started to heal.

“If I help you we can…”

Jaejoong gestured for him to remain where he stood “I already made myself clear that no one is to interfere…”

“But...”

Jaejoong stood up straight as he wipes the blood from his lips as he grinned “you worry too much…let me handle him…you go and help out others…”

“But Hyung…you…”

Jaejoong gesture for his silence “you stated you will follow me…I expect you to obey me Changmin ah…”

Changmin wasn’t able to say anything as he only nodded his head. Jaejoong reached over and pat him on the shoulder gently “I leave everything else to you changmin ah…”

Before Changmin could respond, Woojin came toward them as jaejoong pushed Changmin away. A large explosion echoed as dust flew everywhere.

“HYUNG!” changmin shouted

As the smoke and dust faded, Changmin was started to see woojin standing there with his nails pierced through jaejoong’s flesh. Blood was streaming down the corner of jaejoong’s lip as Woojin smiled widely. Before Changmin would do anything, Woojin removed his nails from jaejoong’s flesh as jaejoong cough out more blood. Woojin grab onto jaejoong and threw him to the side as he slammed against the wall of the other building. But he isn’t done yet as Woojin disappears from where he was standing and appears right in front of jaejoong. He grabbed jaejoong’s neck forcing him against the wall.

“HYUNG!” changmin tried to attack Woojin who only turn to face him. He raised his free hand as his eyes glows and a powerful force took hold of Changmin. He wasn’t able to move as Woojin have a strong hold upon him.

“You took everything from me Jaejoong ah…let me take one thing from you…” Grin Woojin

“no...stop…”

Woojin grinned as his eyes glows once more. Changmin felt all the air in his body disappear. He started gasping and pain filled his body. He tries to escape the hold Woojin has on him but it was useless. He felt like something is crushing against him as he coughed blood.

“Stop!” jaejoong shouted as he tries to break free from Woojin but he has use up enough energy. His body can barely move anymore.  MyungHee could feel both Changmin and Jaejoong in trouble as she lifted her gaze toward their direction.

“What is it?” Hyori asked upon the trouble look on her expression

“Changmin and jaejoong…they…” without finishing her sentence MyungHee quickly left toward their direction “please…please let me make it in time!”

Meanwhile Yunho was still suffering from the pain in his eyes. There isn’t much Top could do to ease his pain. As of right now the one thing he worries about isn’t Yunho but rather jaejoong. He could feel it, the faintness of jaejoong’s life force.

“Strange…” spoke Yunho

“What is?” Top turn to look at Yunho

The pain in his eyes finally disappears as he is able to see once again. It doesn’t hurt for him to open his eyes anymore. He lifted his head to look at Top as Top’s eyes widen in total shock.

“What is it?” Yunho asked upon the strange look on Top’s face

“Your…Your eyes…”

Yunho stood up and walked toward the bathroom to look at the mirror and to his surprise his eye color has changed to a beautiful golden color.