Chapter 24

Bloody Kiss

Chapter 24

As morning lights came Yunho finally finished putting up the last curtain to block the sunlight while jaejoong is still fast asleep on the couch. He walked over to the sleeping beauty in front of him as he listens to jaejoong’s soft breath. He reached over and brush the bangs aside before smiling feeling like this is a dream. If it’s a dream he wishes never to wake up. After pulling the blanket further to cover jaejoong he walked to the bathroom and tilted his head aside to look at the two puncher holes. Luckily he was able to stop the blood from flowing but now he doesn’t have anything to cover the holes. If Hyori were to see this, she will for sure give him an ear full. After washing off whatever blood is left he walked back to the living room and stood behind the couch. He could see the blood seal on jaejoong’s back as it has gotten larger. He can’t help but be angry at woojin for doing such a terrible thing to jaejoong and at the same time he is angry with himself for being weak. If he has gotten a little stronger then maybe he could have prevented all of this from happening.

Jaejoong begin to stir in his sleep before his eyes started to open. From the look of the curtain it’s morning but thanks to the curtain the sun ray is decreased making it not harmful for jaejoong. He was still in a dazz when he sat up and rubbed his eyes before tasting the left over blood in his mouth. The metallic taste was still there but now it has begun to have a nasty after taste.

“Here…” said Yunho as he gived him a cup of water

“Thank you…” jaejoong took the glass of water and started to drink it missing the smirk upon Yunhos face. It wasn’t until jaejoong finished the water did he realize he is still . He recalls what happen last night as his snapped toward Yunho.

“Y-you!...” Jaejoong pulled the blanket to full cover him and blushed

“Don’t be shy now…I have already seen everything and touch everything...”

Jaejoong only glared at Yunho “! All men are ert”

“You are a man too…” said Yunho as he sat down next to jaejoong “how is your body? I hope I wasn’t too rough…”

Jaejoong reached for his clothes and started to put them back on “I’m a vampire…pain is something that doesn’t last long…”

Yunho watched as Jaejoong put on his shirt covering the butterfly on his back. Even though he tried not to think about it,  it really bothers him that Woojin has marked jaejoong as his. He recalls what MyungHee had told him about jaejoong and Woojin’s relationship. It makes him wonder if through it all did Jaejoong really allow Woojin to touch him or was it forced. While he was deep in thoughts jaejoong notice the puncher holes on the side of Yunho’s neck. It still surprises him that Yunho didn’t die. He has thought for sure he had killed Yunho last night. He had drinked so much blood that even after releasing Yunho, the blood still didn’t stop flowing out of those two holes.

“What? Are you disappointed that I didn’t die?” asked Yunho

Jaejoong looked away “rather you live or die doesn’t concern me…”

“So we are back to the cold treatment huh…” Yunho looked at jaejoong with a sadden expression

Jaejoong wanted nothing more then to leave this place. He wasn’t sure what has taken over him yesterday but now that his mind is once again clear, he needs to return to Woojin. However the sunlight will make it impossible, in other words he is stuck here with this human until night fall. But by that time, all hell will break loose. Woojin will not let this human live to see another light and Jaejoong will also not be spared from punishment. At the thought of Yunho being killed by Woojin, he felt a sense of panic washed over him as he wanted to leave this place as soon as possible. Yunho could see the trouble look on Jaejoong face as he stood up and wrapped his arm around jaejoong’s slender waist.

“If you are concern for me please don’t…I’ll be fine…I can protect myself as well as protect you…I’ll find a way to release you jaejoong ah…” Yunho spoke softly into Jaejoong’s ear as he rested his chin upon jaejoong’s shoulder

Jaejoong made no attempt to escape Yunho’s grasp as he was still deep in thoughts. Now they have crossed the line twice, the conciquence of it will soon be reveal. In the end will it be him who will perish or will it be Yunho who will suffer the heavier punishment. He closed his eyes and sigh trying to figure out what to do. At this moment an image of Jung Hee smiling flashed before his eyes.

A loud slap echoed throughout the mansion as Woojin looms over Changmin and MyungHee with rage in his eyes. His hand still throbbing from slapping MyungHee so hard that her cheek turn red. It took everything she has to hold by the tears that threatens the corner of her eyes. Changmin wasn’t able to do anything but stood there and watch.

“How dare you return without Jaejoong!” Woojin snapped

“S-sorry master woojin!” MyungHee bowed “I looked everywhere for him but wasn’t able to locate him…he has hidden his scent making it impossible to track him…”

“You are useless! I shouldn’t have sent you…I should have sent changmin from the start!”

Woojin continues to scold her and insult her for her lack of ability to capture Jaejoong. She only sat there on her knee with her head hang low enduring the anger from the master she loved. But to hear him insult her really pains her to the point where she wanted to hide under her blanket and cried. Changmin has to hold back his own anger as he clinched his fist tightly that his nail has already begin to draw blood. He wanted to interfer and save MyungHee because right now Woojin is using her to release his anger of Jaejoong. Woojin has already killed all the servants under MyungHee when she came back before the sun rised and even that wasn’t enough.

“I beg of You…please give me once more chance…I will bring jaejoong back no matter what!” MyungHee begged to for another chance to prove her worth.

“Enough! I don’t need you…you have always been useless…the only thing you are good at is reviving me…that was your biggest accomplishment…If I want this to be done right I’ll do it myself…”

“Please master woojin…give me another chance!” she begged as she clings onto his hand

This only made Woojin more irritated as he forcefully yanked her off of him and attempted to hit her again but surprisingly the person who got hit instead was her human puppet Hojoon. This took Changmin and MyungHee by surprise for a human under the control of a vampire should not be able to act on their own. For Hojoon to suddenly defend her was the first time they have ever withness this. The force from Woojin’s hand cause the inside of Hojoon’s mouth to bleed as blood begins to drip from the corner of his mouth. It was enough to break his jaw and far more painful then it looks. To think that MyungHee was hit with such bruth force is very creul.

“What’s this?...” Woojin paused upon the glare from Hojoon “is this how you train your puppet? To have then show me such hate…”

MyungHee knew this will not end well for Hojoon. Usually she will not care for her human puppet but the fact that Hojoon defended her wouldn’t allow her to let Woojin kill him. She quickly got in front of Hojoon and begged for Woojin’s forgiveness and vows to train him better.

“Master Woojin…you are just wasting time on this…the blood war is coming…there are far more important matters that require your energy…” Changmin spoke

Woojin turn from the pair below him to Changmin and sigh. Changmin is right, he is just wasting energy. There are still a few more things to to prepare for the war. When night fall, he will worry about Jaejoong and that filthy human who snatched him away. Woojin glared at MyungHee and Hojoon once more before exiting the room. Once he disappears from sight, everyone was able to relax and breathe freely.

“Are you okay MyungHee?” Changmin asked as he exaimed her cheek. It was still red and now has begun to swell up.

“I’m okay…” she smiled at him before turning to Hojoon whose eyes has once again return to the color of a puppet. The expression on his face has once again become expressionless. The only thing that remains of his action earlier was the blood that still trickles at the corner of his lips. No matter how she thinks about it, there was no way for Hojoon to have broken through her control. Even if he was able to break free for that short moment, why would he risk it to cover her?

Soon Changmin left to assist woojin while MyungHee is in her room along with Hojoon. She took a look at the inside of Hojoon’s mouth and could see a large wound inside. She had him sat down while she tends to her wound and even used her own blood to heal the woud in order to stop the blood.

“Other then the wound inside…it doesn’t look like anything is broken…” MyungHee spoke before sitting down on her bed looking at Hojoon. She is still trying to figure out what happen earlier but no matter what, nothing seems to explain how he was able to break free. For as long as she has lived, she has gone through many human puppets and yet Hojoon was the only one who for some reason defended her out of his own free will. Other then jaejoong and Changmin, he was the other other person who was willing to protect her. An outsider who did not fear Woojin. She can’t help but felt a bit happy at the thought that maybe she too has gain someone who will protect her. At this thought she quickly shook her head reminding herself that he is her human puppet whose only purpose is to kill Yunho. Once that is completely, he too will suffer the same faith as Yunho.

Hyori sat in her office going through the entire report that was written up by her assistance. It gived her all the information as to what had transpire during her stay in the hospital. It was a total shock to learn that 4 members of the council have been killed while the rest is still recovering from the hospital. Without them, how are they going to proceed especially when the blood war draws nearer? To make matter worst, they have lost Hojoon and Yunho has gone missing as well. She was expecting to wake up with everything set on stone but what she is faced with is more complicated matters. They have tried tracking Yunho down but was not able to find him anywhere; it was as if he has suddenly disappeared. Have all the pressure finally made him crack?

“no…Yunho is strong…he wouldn’t allow all these pressure to break him…what really broke him was Jaejoong…upon encountering him again, Yunho didn’t even hesitated throwing everything he has builded over the years and disregarding the people who helped him achieved his goal…” thought Hyori as she leans further against her chair and winched a bit from the flesh wound that has yet to recover.

She got up and looked out her window and could see the military moving about below on the empty street. She didn’t want to believe it but it’s really going to happen? The blood war is really going to take place here in Seoul like it did centuries ago. More lives will be lost and more blood shed will taint this land. At that the thought of facing Woojin and his army of vampires, it made her body numb. Woojin still has two more direct links at his side but what does she have at her side? Hojoon is gone and so is Yunho, there isn’t anyone at her side that she can rely on that she can trust to watch her back. Without them, she felted like she is defenceless, that death will comer sooner then she thinks. Even though she has fought many battle, killed many vampires throughout her life, this was the first time she will be part of a war. Not just any war but a war to determine which race should ring superior and which race should live in the shadows.

Suddenly her phone ringed as she picks it up without even looking at the caller ID.

“Hyori…” came Junsu’s voice

Hyori couldn’t help but smile being able to hear his cheerful voice “What’s up Junsu?”

“I heard you finally awoken so I wanted to call and see how you are doing”

“Thanks for your concern…I’m doing much better now…”

“that’s good…”

There was a long paused before Junsu spoke again but this time his voice has soften with a hint of disappointment “Hyori….while you were out cold…I manages to track down the sword but…”

“But?”

“It’s gone…most likelye Woojin has taken the sword into his possession…”

Hyori let out another heavy sigh for bad news continues to come forward

“What are we going to do? That was our only chance at defeating him…”

“I heard you are still in Europe…”

“Yes…”

“Then come back…we will need to draw up another plan…”

“Alright…and what about Yunho? Yoochun told me he disappear with…um…Jaejoong…”

“that’s exactly what happen…he finally has the balls to elope with Jaejoong right in the middle of a upcoming war…youngsters these days are so complicated…”

“You aren’t going to punish him or something are you?...”

Hyori was quiet, according to the rules of Hellsing, Yunho have deserted his position and went into hiding with the enemy. This will be considered as a heavy crime and the punishment will be jail time for who knows how long. But with everything a complete mess and the grand councils still in the hospital, she doubt the punishment will be carry out. But this is only true if the council and anyone else is not aware of it. Once this reaches the ear of the council, Yunho will indeed be punished. They will have to find him quick and bring him back before others begin to suspect.

“Hyori?...”

“Yea I’m still here…as long as we find Yunho…everything should be fine…”

“but how do you expect to find him? according to Yoochun, he left without his phone….”

“I’m not sure either…the only other person who might know of a place he will hide at is Hojoon and he is no longer here…”

There was a moment of silence before Junsu spoke “how about his previous partner?”

“Partner? The only other partner Yunho had was Heechul and who knows what happen to him? We don’t even know if he is dead or not…even if we manage to find him…I doubt he will cooperate with us”

“That’s true…”

Both Hyori and Junsu spoke for a bit more before hanging up. Hyori looked at her phone before turning her attention to the window once more. There were so many things happening left to right that she has completely forgotten about Heechul. The last time she heard about him from Yunho, Heechul is battling an illness that will eventually take his life. This is the reason why he chose to side with Rain in order to obtain immortality. But that was a while ago, theyhave not heard anything news or seen him ever since. Even though he did stab Yunho and sided with the vampires, she can’t help but pity him. Heechul was a bright new recruit; even though he didn’t have as much ability as Yunho he too would have gotten a bright future with Hellsing. Even though she isn’t sure if Heechul will help, he is the only hope they have left in locating Yunho and Jaejoong before Woojin does. The chances are low and the risk is pretty high however drastic calls need drastic measure. She called for her assistance as he came into the office.

“Search the city…I want you to find Kim Heechul…”

The assistance looked at Hyori a bit strange wondering why they will be searching for a traitor “Miss Hyori…by now don’t you think he has also evacuated along with the others?”

“no…knowing him he would stay behind…Heechul has a goal in mind…he is after Yunho’s life and wanted to be a vampire…most likely he is planning something to gain Woojin’s favor…so most likely he will be here in hiding to witness the blood war…”

“I see…”

“Search every inch of the city…brings him here alive…”

“Understood…”

Yunho and jaejoong sat with distance between them. It was Jaejoong who wanted to be apart and forbid Yunho to come close to him. There were too many things he needed to figure out and with Yunho constantly clinging onto him wasn’t making it any easier. Even though Yunho can't touch him or be near him, he couldn’t stop watching him. Could it be that after realizing how he felt toward Jaejoong did he really see how eerily beautiful Jaejoong is? Could someone who uses to be human really be this beautiful as if he was perfectly sculpted?

“If you stare any longer then this I’ll blind fold you…” spoke Jaejoong

Yunho immediately lower his gaze a he blushed.

“Neh Jaejoong…can I ask you a question?”

“Just sit there and be quiet…your voice alone is adding more headach…” said Jaejoong as he didn’t even look at Yunho

“If you don’t mind…what kind of life did you have before becoming a vampire?” Yunho asked ignoring what Jaejoong had just said.

“I’m not going to answer that…”

“why not?”

Jaejoong messaged his forehead before glaring at Yunho “I don’t want to talk about my past life alright…why do you even want to know?”

“will…when you love someone don’t you want to know about their life? How they grew up? the difficulties they went through and their accomplishment?”

“you sure are confident that that feeling of yours is love rather then lust…”

“oi…don’t glue me in with that Woojin guy…I’m different…this feeling is love…I know it…”

“you make it sound like you have love before…”

Yunho was quiet for a brief moment before answering “I have love family…loved friends…loved co-workers…but this is the first time I loved anyone outside of my comfort zone…but even if this is my first love…I know it from the bottom of my heart that this is love not lust…you felt my heart beat…lust will not produce such a rythem…”

Jaejoong only look at Yunho and see how no lies behind those eyes. He looked away; it wasn’t like he wanted to doubt Yunho. From the experience last night when they helded each other, he could tell Yunho will loved him from his gentle touch and soft whispers and beating of his heart. But even so a part of him wanted to hold onto hope that this is just a phase that will soon pass. They both sat in silence, only the wind against the trees could be heard. The birds that usually sings within this little forest has disappear leaving nothing but quietness.

“Before I became a vampire…I had a warm family…” jaejoong spoke “…I have a hardworking father…a sweet loving mother and a bratty little sister who constantly get on my nerve…they were the perfect family with honor and respect…our home was warm and welcoming to others…but when there is peace and blissfulness…there will be jealousy from outsiders…”

“What do you mean?”

“My father was accused of treason by his best friend….he framed my father for his own evil deeds…my family paid the price for it…I was the only one who escaped…”

Yunho lower his gaze regretting asking Jaejoong. If he knew the story will be this sad, he wouldn’t have asked and have Jaejoong relived the horrible past.

“That whole event made me realize that Human is by far more fearful then vampires…they are quick to betray and quiet to shift blames…they show no mercy…no sympathy and more remorse…it made me question what the difference is between a human and a vampire…they both are thirsty for blood…they both are evil…they both steps on others to gain what they want…I let go of my humanity and embraced my darkness…” jaejoong turn to face Yunho with a grin “…and I murdered my father’s best friend along with everyone that lived in that forsaken house…”

Yunho felt his heart dropped. He heard this before when Hyori was questions jaejoong after the defeat of Rain but to really hear it from Jaejoong was surprising. The way he smiled after saying that he murdered people sends a chill down Yunho’s back.

“So you…agree to become a vampire? you allow woojin to bite you?”

Jaejoong look at Yunho’s expression before averting his eyes and turn it toward the window “I know my sins…I was aware of the evil deed I just committed…I was willing to suffer the punishment…death was what I was waiting for….even when I was locked in that cell, I was not scare nor was I nervous…I was looking forward to have my head chop off in front of everyone…but..” Jaejoong paused before continuing “the one who desired me was Woojin…it seem he was looking for the perfect people to become his direct links and I was the unfortunate one whom he witnessed killing those people with a smile on my face…he wanted me…but I refused…I wanted to die and end my life…I did not want to die and be reborn…people fail to realize the pain of immortality…having to live with your sins for centuries…”

“So he…forced it up you?”

“I refused his advances but he wouldn’t gave up…so he bite me…turned me into a a vampire…a direct link…a first generation vampire…but it’s not like everything went down hill after that…I actually enjoy living my life as a vampire…and soon discovered that I have a sick passion for blood shed…the darkness I chose to embrace became my undoing…”

“If that was the case…then why did you protect me?”

Jaejoong paused as he looks at Yunho trying to find the answer to his question however all he was able to remember was Jung Hee. He wasn’t sure what happen but that gap within his memory were slowly returning after they connected last night. He has stopped fighting the memories and allows it to return thus the headach went away. But even now he still couldn’t clearly remember the reason why he is involved with Yunho. What exactly were their relationship? Why was he connected to him? And why is this Jung Hee girl constantly appears in my mind as if asking him to remember something important?

“If I knew that answer…I wouldn’t be this troubled…” said Jaejoong

Yunho was quiet as he looks at Jaejoong. After putting everything together, he came to realize that there were part of his memories that he couldn’t remember. This explained Jaejoong’s strange behavior when they meet again. But from the sound of it, jaejoong has begun to remember bits by bits. At this rate Yunho will not be of much help if he pressures him regarding this matter.

“Do you mind if I come over there?”

Jaejoong shot him a glare as a clear indication that the answer is ‘No’. Yunho of course doesn’t care as he stood up and walked over to jaejoong before flopping himself down right next to him.

“you must really want to die today…” said Jaejoong

“if you want to kill me then go ahead…I’m happy either way..” Yunho smiled before opening his arm and pulling jaejoong into a hug.

“w-what are you doing?!”

“shhh…calm down…it’s just a hug…” said Yunho

Jaejoong tried to struggle but Yunho wouldn’t let go. The more he struggle the tighter Yunho’s grip becomes.

“there…there…everything will be alright…” Yunho softly spoke as he caress Jaejoong’s head like a mother trying to comfort her child

“I’m not a child…”

“I know…but now I kind of understand why Hojoon constantly does this to me…it actually felt nice…” he smiled

Jaejoong wanted to escape but the warmth Yunho is emmiting was comforting and relaxing. It was hard to escape when his body has grown attached to this warmth. He could hear the beating of yunho’s heart and couldn’t help but smiled. This was indeed the more beautiful and comforting sound he had ever heard.

Another day passed as Jaejoong and Yunho lived in peace. Hyori had Hellsing search the entire city for Heechul while Woojin prepare his army and at the same time tried to track jaejoong down. After searching all day and night, the one person who manages to find Heechul was Yoochun. He and his friends were out scouting the area where Woojin could possibly behind and discovered a hidden room in one of the old building. From the look of it Heechul has lost a lot of weight. He looked frail and weak; he didn’t make any attempt to escape when Yoochun found him. He only smiled as if he as expecting this day to come. Yoochun brought Heechul to Hellsing, the only building Heechul had hoped never to return to. Hyori had Heechul put into a room with guards outside of the door. Both his hands were cuffed like a criminal but with his wrist becoming so skinny, he could have easily slipped out. However he made no attempt to run away but instead sat quietly in the room. Hyori, Yoochun and Junsu stood on the other side of the double sided mirror watching Heechul.

“He has gotten very thin…” said Hyori

“Is it because he is sick that’s why he isn’t resisting?” Junsu asked

Hyori was quiet before speaking “lets find out his motive…”

With that being said she exited the room and entered the room where Heechul sat. They eyes meet and Heechul only smiled at her.

“it’s been a while…” he spoke softly

“Indeed it has…the last time I heard about you…you almost killed Yunho…” said Hyori as she sat across from him

“Ah…good times…” he spoke without any guilt

“well…you don’t look too good…”

Heechul continues to smiled “indeed…as you can see my illness is taking a toll on me…”

“You…need help Heechul…”

“Thanks for your concern but I’ll be fine…this is after all my punishment…”

“No on deserve to die this way…”

“I don’t need your pity…”

Hyori looked at Heechul exaiming him and trying to read him “are you… still after Yunho’s life?”

Heechul only chuckled “look at me Hyori…I have become nothing more then skin and bone…because of Yunho I have losted my chance of immortality and beating this illness…because of Yunho I have turn out this way…”

“You can’t blame Yunho for this…he didn’t make you sick…”

“no…but he didn’t die for my sake…”

“would you have died for his sake if the role was switched….”

Heechul look at Hyori but did not answer

“You hesitated to answer means you will hesitate to offer your life for his….why should he offer his for yours when you yourself wouldn’t do the same…you are what people call selfish Heechul…”

“Selfish?...” he grinned “indeed that is what I have become…when you are dying…being selfish is the least of your problem…”

He begin to look around the room “is Yunho also here? Standing behind that mirror?”

Hyori hesitated but knew she wil have to tell him “Yunho…has gone disappear…”

Heechul looked at Hyori a bit surprise before the room is filled with his laughter “disappear? Yunho?...will this is a first…”

“If you cooperate with us Heechul…I can guarantee you will not be prosecuted for your crime…”

Heechul grinned as he leans closer to Hyori “now I see…the reason you searched for me and bring me here is because you don’t know where Yunho is…but why would you think I know?”

“You were his partner…someone he was close to…you have got to know some places where he could have hide…”

“wait…lets back up…you said he disappear now you are saying he is in hiding…if you want my help you will have to clear with me Hyori…”

Hyori looked at Heechul before sighing; she told Heechul everything about Yunho went into hiding along with the vampire jaejoong. This only made Heechul grin even wider for this has become his advantage.

“So that’s what happen…Yunho sure has gotten bolder…having a relationship with a vampire…”

“You aren’t one to say that Heechul…weren’t you also attracted to Rain…”

“Yes…but I was planning to end his life after I obtain immortality…but things didn’t go as planned…”

“Do you know where Yunho might be hiding? We have checked all the place he usually goes to as well as the orphanage that we were placed in but we couldn’t find him anywhere…time is not on our hand…”

“If you want me to help you…what do I get in return?”

“Like I said…”

“Nope…you will have to do better then that...” Heechul interrupted her

“Then what do you desire….?”

Heechul begin to think before he smiled “I want the vampire’s blood…”

“what?”

“even if the blood can not give me immortality I heard it can extend my life span a few more years….”

“you are insane…”

“that is the only thing I want…if you can give me jaejoong’s blood to heal my illness…I’ll help you find Yunho…”

Hyori sat there as she debated with herself on what to do. At this point she will have to agree with his demand but after finding Yunho, she will make sure Heechul die in prison.

“Very well… I’ll convince jaejoong to give you his blood…now tell me where Yunho might be hiding...”

Heechul smiled “deep in a little forestwest of here lies a small cottage…it was a place of escape…a secret for the family to enjoy life…”

“What does that mean?”

“It is what you sound like…Yunho’s family use to own a small cottage hidden from civilization…he use to talk about what he family use to do there…a place hidden away by trees...don't you think that is the perfect hiding place...?”

Hyori quickly stood up and left the room as she passed her assistance “Look through all records of the Jung family…find out all the properties that they owned…”

“Yes madam…”

As night falls, Woojin stood on top of the mansion as he gazed out into the city below him. He closed his eyes as he tried to sense Jaejoong. After everything has been prepared and ready, the only thing left to obtain the one person who can possible make his dream come true. After searching for a brief moment he was finally about to sense Jaejoong thanks to the blood seal. Even if Jaejoong hide his scent from him, as long as the blood seal still remains, Jaejoong will never be able to hide from him. When he opens his eyes, the red glows brightly like fresh red blood.

Jaejoong suddenly felt a chill as the burning sensation of his back begins to appear. It wasn’t as painful as before nor is it glowing and growing. But it was a sign that the caster of this seal is coming. He turns his attention to Yunho who has fallen asleep with his head resting upon jaejoong’s thigh.

“looks like after this night…you and I will awaken from this dream and be faced with the harsh reality...”