Chapter 22

Bloody Kiss

 

Sorry for the delay of this chapter!! I was so busy so you can blame christmas for making me run all over buying gifts forcing me away from my story. Anyway thanks to IdioticSusi for drawing a picture for my story :) It's lovely!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong arrived back at the mansion however the throbbing of his head had caused him to become unstable. The minute his body become solid again, his leg quickly gave out as he stumbled to the floor. He groan in pain as he begin to breathe heavily and started panting. There were just too many things that he isn’t clear about and not knowing what it all means were irritating him. He remembers the touch of Yunho’s hand upon his cheek and the heartfelt confession that made Jaejoong’s chest tightens. Even though he doesn’t recognize Yunho for some reason his body remembers the touch of his warm gentle hand. He felt like this unknown pain is far more painful than anything he had ever endured. Jaejoong couldn’t figure out why this bothered him so much to the point where he wants to ripe out his inside.

“Sir. Jaejoong…are you alright?” came the voice of a servant as she spotted him crouching on the floor in the middle of the hallway.

Jaejoong only shot her a glare before forcing his body to stand up “I’m fine…”

“But you don’t look fine?” she looked at him with concern eyes

Jaejoong turn to her and killed her as she let out an agonizing scream and turn into ash. Upon this sudden attack, the other servants became wary of Jaejoong as they gave him space. His eyes glow golden with no since of sympathy or guilt. It was as cold as winter and as scary as death. He temper has become shorter with everything that has taken place.

“My…My…you didn’t have to go and kill her…” came Woojin’s voice as jaejoong turn around to face his master

“She was starting to get on my nerve…” Glare jaejoong as he started to walk pass Woojin.

Woojin however was not going to let him go as he reaches out and grasped his arm tightly. Upon his sudden touch, jaejoong felt sick to his stomach. He tried to yank his arm out of Woojin’s hand but Woojin only held onto it tighter causing jaejoong to winch. It felted like Woojin was about to snap his bone into two with just a little more grip.

“Why didn’t you return the first time I order you to?” he asked in a serious tone of voice

Jaejoong only grinned at him “I was having a blast…why should I return just because you say so…I ain’t no dog that comes and goes whenever you want me to…”

Woojin’s lips curved into a smile “indeed you aren’t a dog however…you are my servant…you are bond to me both by blood and by life…I am your maker…your savor…your creator…my words are absolute…you should know that by now…are you just trying to make me angry?” his smile faded “I warn you jaejoong ah…don’t make me hurt you…the last thing I want to do is harm that beautiful face of yours…”

Jaejoong didn’t say a word as he stares at woojin’s cold red eyes. The intensity of the redness was enough to make one quiver at his feet. It was enough to make Jaejoong bite down on his tongue from sending out any smart remarks.

Woojin finally let go of Jaejoong’s arm “you did a great job today…go to your room and rest…I’ll forgive you this time for disobeying my first order but next time I won’t be so lenient…” was all he said before walking away. Once he disappears from sight jaejoong felt like he could breathe once again. Even though he hated Woojin and wanted nothing more than to kill him, he knew he won’t be able to match up to the power and strength Woojin have. He hates to admit it but no matter how overly confident he can be, when it comes to Woojin he fears him like a child.

“Jaejoong…” came Changmin’s voice as he turn toward his left and saw him standing there

“You came back before me…did you finish your task?” Jaejoong asked with a smile to assure his little brother that he is perfectly fine after noticing the concern look on his face

“Not really…I was interrupted by Hellsing…” said changmin as he stood next to jaejoong and lean his back against the window

Jaejoong let out a shirt chuckle “I guess you didn’t get it easy either…well this little attack wasn’t anything serious…it was just a second warning of what will happen if the human choose to fight us…”

Changmin didn’t say a word as he begins to wonder if Yunho was able to find Jaejoong. He desperately wanted to question Jaejoong but he fear it will be a topic that should not be discuss out in the open. For one thing Woojin is always listening and watching.

“What? You look like you wanted to ask me something? What is it?” ask jaejoong as he smiled

“It’s nothing…maybe you should go and rest…you look horrible” said changmin

Jaejoong let out another chuckle “maybe I should…whenever you say that it’s always the truth…”

They were quiet for a moment before jaejoong spoke “neh Changmin ah...how long are you going to stall before you make your wish?...”

Changmin didn’t answer right away as he slightly turn his head toward the window “At first I was certain of what I wanted….no matter what I have to sacrifice I was willing to do it to have my wish fulfill by Woojin….I was desperate…lonely….sad…and in pain…but now that we have succeed in bringing him back I’m doubtful of my desire…like you had told me before…maybe it will be best to let things be…bringing her back from the dead will do no good for both me and her…”

Jaejoong look at changmin and notice the sad expression on his face. He reached out his hand and gently pats changmin on the head.

“Everything will be alright…you aren’t alone anymore right? You have me…Myunghee and that old fart Woojin….” Jaejoong smiled whole heartily that made the guilt in changmin grew twice as much. He have sacrificed the memories and the happiness Jaejoong found after so many centuries alone and yet in the end he is reluctant to make the wish he wanted from the start. To changmin it was like he had made a mean less sacrifice.

“The sun will be up soon…let’s try to get some rest…” changmin smiled before walking away vowing to protect Jaejoong if Woojin were to turn on him.

Jaejoong remained in the hallway as the sound of rain splashed against the large window behind him. The thunder and lightning draws his attention to the darkness outside.

I don’t want to fight you…I don’t want to hurt you because I love you…”

“I love you…so please come back to me…you promised that you will fight at my side….you took my blood and vow to be bond to me…so please…please don’t break the promise….my heart won’t be able to withstand anymore…”

Jaejoong recalls those words from Yunho as he remembers the bitter, sadden and desperate expression on Yunho’s face when he spoke those words. Based on his expression, there were no lies nor were there any tricks behind what he had confessed to him. He turn his head to look outside as lightning flashed brightening the room revealing the sadden expression on his face.

The rain falls heavily outside as it splashes against the windows of the hospital. The sudden attack by Woojin caused a major panic as the government deems the city as no longer safe until woojin is found and taken care of. The attack left many people dead and many injured. The hospital were packed with patients as volunteers help clear the street of corpses. The rain turned the street into a flow of red river as it falls into the city’s drain. Now the government is faced with another difficult task of rather evacuating the city of Seoul will be a better idea. Hellsing was also faced with their own problem to solve. About 4 members of the grand councils are dead while the rest are either injured or in critical condition. Without the grand council Hellsing was faced with the difficulties of who will now be in charge. For the first time human felt helpless and unsure of what to do. The confident they had in defeating Woojin has slowly disappear as everyone now lived in fear.

Yunho could be seen walking down the hospital hallway with his wounds taken care of as he enters a room. Lying on the bed is Hyori who has yet to awaken. Luckily the wound was not deep enough so it will heal in the next couple of days. He had also visited Hojoon before coming here and even Hojoon has not shown any sign of waking up. Even the doctor wasn’t sure if he will ever wake up. Yunho sat down on the chair next to Hyori’s bed as the sound of machines echoed in the room. He recalls those words from jaejoong and felt his chest tightening. Yunho knew that a love between a vampire and a hunter will never be easy but for jaejoong to actually say it to him only forced him to see the reality.  Even if he loved jaejoong and wanted to save him, at the end jaejoong will rather fight him. Will they really end up fighting and killing each other at the end? He remembers how jaejoong acted in front of him; it was as if it’s a completely different person. Jaejoong has completely changed the look in his eyes, the smile on his face and the expressions he made, none of it were the Jaejoong he knew. Could it be that he is already too late? At this thought Yunho felt a very sharp pain inside as if someone is repeatedly stabbing him with a knife. He clinched his fist tightly as he turns his gaze from the floor to Hyori. The thought of Jaejoong doing this to her was unbelievable. It’s as if the entire world has completely changed in a blink of an eye. The person he cares about is no longer at his side and the person he came to love has become his enemy.

“neh Hyori…what do you think I should do? I was finally able to see jaejoong in front of me and yet once again I let him escape my grasp…not only that but I confessed to him…its strange right? For a human to love a vampire…” Yunho let out a small chuckle “…I think it’s pretty ironic that I hated vampires but at the end the person who was able to move my heart was a vampire none the less a guy…I thought for sure he felt the same way about me but maybe I was wrong…he doesn’t seem to love me the same way I did toward him…maybe to him I’m nothing more than a friend…someone he wants to protect but nothing more…” Yunho paused as tears threaten the corner of his eyes “…it hurts…my whole body hurts…but…” he clinched his shirt tightly where his heart lay “this…this feeling of being rejected is what hurts the most…”

After speaking those words, the room is filled with silence once again. Only the sound of rain, machine and the soft breathing of Hyori could be heard.

“Jaejoong told me that because he is a vampire and I’m hunter…I should hate him…I should kill him before he kills me…isn’t that harsh…” he smiled bitterly “but even after hearing those words from him I can never hate him like I did before…for one thing when hate became love it cannot go back to hate...” he paused for a bit before continuing “but…no matter what he say…I won’t gave up…I will bring him back…even if at the end one of us have to die…I’ll bring him back…it’s my responsibility…”

He turns his attention to the window as lightning flashed across the sky.

Soon another day passed as the blood war draws near. The government has declared a city wide evacuation for the safety of its people. Everyone has been busy helping with the evacuation process and preparing for the war if Woojin could not be stopped by then. Ever since the night the councils were attacked, all the vampires have completely disappeared filling the city with eerie silence at. But like the old saying goes, it is the calming of a terrible storm. After researching for a whole night, Junsu was finally able to find out the sword that was used by the 4 kings. He manages to track down the sword that has gone around the world as part of an exhibit. According to the information, the sword is now located in Europe as part of their Asian culture exhibit. Without any delay Junsu booked a flight to Europe as he made a call to the Hellsing branch there explaining to them the importance of the sword. Luckily they believed him and were willing to give the sword to Junsu.

Just as he hangs up the phone and started to pack, a knock came upon his door. Wondering who it might be he peeked through the little gl on the door and spotted Yoochun standing other there.

“You sure pick the perfect time to come by…I’m a little busy right now…” said Junsu as he left the door open for Yoochun to come in.

“did you find the sword?” he asked before closing the door behind him

Junsu flashed him a smile “yep! It only took me one whole night to figure out where the sword is…I have already bought a plane ticket to Europe…”

“E-Europe?..”

“Yep…the sword is part of a exhibit there…it seems no one realize that it was the same sword used to kill that jerk Woojin….”

Yoochun watched as Junsu threw a few clothes into a small bag “will you be okay by yourself?”

“yoochun…I’m a grown man…I can take care of myself…”

Yoochun was doubtful because Junsu is the clumsy type. He reached out and stopped junsu from walking around.

“What is it?” junsu asked upon the strange expression on his face

“I’m…just worry…”

Junsu couldn’t help but smiled before reaching out and touched Yoochun’s soft cheek “I’ll be just fine…”

“To be honest, I would rather you stay in Europe…it will be safer…”

“Yes…but I can’t sit still knowing everyone here is fighting for the future…I also have to do what I can to help…”

Yoochun sigh knowing better then to try and convince Junsu to stay away as he smiled “well…just make sure to give me a call when you reach Europe…”

“Sure…” smile Junsu “what about you? Did you find anything?”

Yoochun let out another sigh “nothing yet…we have searched the place in the morning but no sign of Woojin’s hide out anywhere…Even if we did a stack out at night we weren’t able to get in useful information…where ever he is hiding…he has completely removed that place from the map or something…”

“As powerful as Woojin is…I doubt he can do anything that grand…” Smirk Junsu

“That’s true but the pressure is on….there is less than 3 days before the blood war…even though we were able to locate the much needed sword we still have no idea where he is hiding...without any knowledge of his hide out we are basically at a disadvantage…”

Junsu notice the frustrated look on Yoochun face as he sat the shirt he is holding onto the table before walking back toward him. Without any warning he pulls Yoochun into a head lock before harshly messaging his head messing up his hair.

“w-what the hell junsu?!” Yoochun snapped but paused upon Junsu’s soft smile

“why are you stressing yourself out for…just take a deep breath….calm your mind…even if we weren’t able to find the location of Woojin’s hideout…at least we have an area of the city where we can focus….that is thanks to you and your friends hard work…whatever happens will not be because of you…so stop thinking too much…do what you can…there is only so much human is capable of doing…”

Yoochun sigh as he returns the smile before removing Junsu’s arm from around his neck “thanks Junsu ah…”

“What’s this? Don’t tell me you came here because you want to be comforted?” Junsu teased as Yoochun’s face turn bright red

“t-that’s not it…”

Junsu chuckled “I didn’t know Park Yoochun has a cute side to him…”

“D-Don’t you have a flight to catch?”

“Oh I totally forgot!” Junsu quickly left Yoochun’s side as he ran around the apartment searching for the necessary stuff and tossed them into the suit case. Yoochun turn his attention to the window as red lights flashed in the horizon as a signal for the evacuation. By tomorrow the lively city of Seoul will become like a ghost town. In 3 days, this city will become a battle ground between human and vampires to decide which race should be erased. He could feel his body become nervous at the thought of having to fight Woojin and his arm of vampires. He wonders if this is the feeling the human felt during the first blood war, probably they were far more scare because they have no knowledge of him. At least in this generation, they knew what they were up against.

With the city almost completely abandon, Hellsing and the military worked to prepare for the upcoming war. With Hyori out, Yunho was left to manage the teams under her. Never would he expect his responsibility to increase. In the beginning he wanted to become a hunter and then he got promoted into elite. Just after getting promoted he continues to move up to taking Hojoon’s place, became a captain for a team and now he is the captain of 5 teams under Hyori. Everything was moving so quickly that he was barely given the time to really learn how to be a proper leader. It was as if everything just got thrown onto his lap and higher up expect him to learn overnight.

Junsu manages to arrive in Europe safety with someone from Hellsing to pick him up. However rather than hearing good news, Junsu was faced with bad news. When they arrived at the main branch of Hellsing in Europe, he was told that the sword has gone missing. Their only hope to beating Woojin has disappeared. Apparently someone has broken into the museum and taken the sword. The guards were killed with two holes on their neck. In other words vampires has stormed the place and taken the sword. Woojin must have knew of this and sent his servant here to do the deed. But now what? What are they going to use to kill him? With the sword in his possession how to they expect to save the world?

In the meantime Yoochun and his buddies are still busy trying their best to locate Woojin. Yunho have given Yoochun a team to use to help narrow down the area. But no matter which building they enter or look at, there weren’t anything there. It just looked like an abandon area that has not been use for years. However they knew they couldn’t give up.

While the human were busy, Woojin was watching them closely with a smile on his face. He knew that no matter what they do, there is no way they can win in this upcoming blood war. Unlike the past, Woojin was not going to go easy on them. He will use everything he has to end everything all at once. Suddenly on one of the screen it shows Yunho instructing his team. Woojin gently caress MyungHee’s hair as she sat on the floor with her head lean against his leg. Even though Yunho is mere just a human hunter, Woojin knew he will become a thorn in his plan. Yunho will surely be the one to stop him if he lets Yunho live.

“Neh MyungHee…” woojin spoke

“Yes master Woojin…”

He look down toward her with a smile “you still have that pathetic human under your control right?”

It took Myunghee a few seconds to figure out what he meant.

“Y-yes…”

“Then put him to use…go and fetch him…”

MyungHee wasn’t sure what he would want to do with Hojoon but she knows better than to question him. She stood up and leans toward him as their face is only a few inches apart

“If I bring him to you…will you love me even if it’s just a little?...”

“If you bring him to me and he is able to accomplish what I want then I’ll give you my heart if that is what you want…” he smiled

This made MyungHee overly happy as she kissed him on the lips before turning around and exited the room. Woojin only grin before turning his attention back to the multiple screens in front of him as he watched Yunho.

“you must be a fool to fall for such a deadly beauty like Jaejoong…without you realizing it he is already mine…I will never give him to anyone…”

Myung happily walked down the hallway when she came across Changmin.

“You look happy?” he smiled at her

“Of course…I was finally given a task to do from Woojin…if I fulfill it he will be me his heart…” he smiled happily. Changmin on the other hand wasn’t smiling but only looked at her with endless pity which she notices.

“Stop looking at me like that” she snapped

“What do you mean?...”

“I hate it…you have killed my mood…”

“MyungHee…”

“I don’t want to hear it! I will give him anything he wants and I will obtain his heart…” she stormed away in anger as changmin watched her turn the corner

“How could he give you his heart MyungHee…that man no longer has a heart to give…all he can give is lies and mess with your emotions… are you that dumb witted that you didn’t realize he is just manipulating you….or is it that you did realize and pretend not to see it…” wonder Changmin

As night falls the city is completely quiet. The beautiful lights that had filled the city at night have now disappeared. The only lights that can be seen are the street lights. As hunters and military officers patrolled the street, they can’t help but felt the eeriness of the city and sensed the piercing coldness. The Hospital has begun to empty as patients are slowly being moved to another city. The number of nurses and doctors were also slowly decreased. After tomorrow night, everyone here will be gone. Walking down the dim lighted hallway is MyungHee dressed in a nurse outfit as she walked toward a room. Two guards were stationed at the door to watch over Hojoon fearing that with the blood war coming close, Hojoon will once again be used by MyungHee. She knew they will suspect this however to her taking care of these two guards will be a piece of cake. Without any fear she walked toward the door.

The two guards stopped her like she expected them to. After looking around and didn’t see anyone else around. She quickly attacked the two guards killing them as silent as possible. She pierced their neck with her two fangs as blood dripped from the corner of as the whiteness is tainted in red. She her lips in satisfaction since it has been a few days without her drinking blood. She opened the door and continues to approach Hojoon who is still asleep.

“It’s time my puppet…you have slept enough…” She smiled as her eyes started to glow a golden eyes. Within seconds Hojoon’s eyes slowly started to open.

The next morning Yunho was met with a terrible news as he and Yoochun rushed toward the hospital. The guards has been attacked and laid dead on the floor. Yunho walked into the room and stare at the now empty bed where Hojoon was just silently sleeping in just the other day when he came to see him. He clinched his fist tightly as the anger inside him begins to emerge. They have searched everywhere for him but was not able to locate Hojoon anywhere. Even the security camera did not show anything. No one saw anything as if he was just spirited away.

“Why…is this happening to me?” wonder Yunho as he felt exhausted from going through an endless roller coaster rider with no way of stopping.

Yoochun gently placed his hand upon Yunho’s shoulder “we will find him Yunho…don’t give up hope…”

Yunho let out a bitter smile “that’s what I was told a few years ago when Heechul disappear only to have him come back and drive a knife into my flesh…now it’s Hojoon who has driven a sword through me and disappear…Hyori is still in no shape to assist and jaejoong isn’t here anymore…I must have the worst luck…”

Yoochun wanted to give him words of couraging but even he himself isn’t sure of what to say. Yunho is so young and yet he has already gone through so much and given so much to carry on his shoulder. A man his age should not be carrying so many burdens; it will lead to nothing but health failure and unstable mentality.

After visiting Hyori, Yunho went to Yoochun’s apartment. He tossed his coat aside as he flopped onto the couch in total exhaustion. He covered his eyes with his arm as a single tear escaped his eyes. Memories of the time he spent with Hojoon flashed before his eyes. He has reached a breaking point. His strong front that he forced to show others has crumbled. A crack as split his mask into two as tears continues to flow down from his eyes.

“What should I do now? Jaejoong ah…what should I do to make this pain go away?....”

Jaejoong who was in his room when he felt a sudden jolt inside him as he turn his attention toward the window feeling like someone is calling out to him. He doesn’t know why but it makes his chest tighten as if all the oxygen in his system has disappear. An image of a young girl flashed before his eyes

“No matter what life brings…I want my family to be happy…I want them to be able to smile till the very end like I did without any hate…I was able to live out my life because you acted as my angel jaejoong ah…I want you to give the same blessing to my family…”

A image of Yunho soon follows after remembering those words as jaejoong felt frustrated with the endless pain. He quickly opened the window and made an attempt to fly out when changmin stopped him.

“Where are you going?!”

“I have to go…” said Jaejoong without even looking at changmin “he’s crying…he in pain…he’s calling for me…”

“Who is?”

Jaejoong turn to Yunho with a irritated expression “I don’t know…I don’t know…I DON’T KNOW! GOD DAMN IT I DON’T’ KNOW! But…I can’t stand it…this feeling…this pain…this frustration… I have to go…I have to find out what is wrong with me…”

“Hyung…if you leave Woojin will be upset…he will not forgive you!”

Jaejoong smiled at changmin making him speechless as if jaejoong is telling him he doesn’t care.

“Have you…ever broken a promise before…”

“Huh?...”

“Even though I don’t remember it…I felt like a promise I had made has been broken…the feeling is horrible…it’s sickening…”

Changmin look at the expression on Jaejoong’s face as his grip became loosen. Jaejoong yanked his arm away from Changmin and turn into a black mist before floating into the sky and away from the mansion. Changmin stood there and watched as Jaejoong disappear into the horizon. Normally he would have done everything he could to stop jaejoong but the look in his eyes made changmin unable to stop him.

Woojin stood in his room as he watched Jaejoong left the mansion as he narrowed his brow in disappointment that even now Jaejoong would rather anger him then stay on his good side. Once he returns, Woojin will have to punish him heavily.

After letting his emotion runs wild, Yunho finally was able to calm himself down. This was no way for a grown man to act nor was it the time for him to cry like a child. The war is coming, he will need to be prepared and help lead his teams until Hyori recovers. He will have to be strong and put his emotion under control. Even if right now he doesn’t have anyone to stand at his side anymore, he will have continues pushing forward. He will have to protect the dreams of others and fight against Woojin in order to save Jaejoong from his chains. This was his motivation to continue fighting and stop himself from falling apart.

Just as he was about to stand up to wash his face he felt a sudden wind blew into the room. He turns toward the now open balcony door and his eyes widen in total shock. Standing on the balcony is none other than Kim Jaejoong staring at him with concern eyes. Yunho wasn’t sure if this was a dream or reality but he doesn’t care. But if it is a dream, he hopes to never wake up. He slowly walks up toward Jaejoong feeling like his leg will gave out at any moment. A cold wind blew into the room as the long white curtains sways back and forth.

“Why…why is it you again?...” spoke jaejoong “why…I…”

Jaejoong looked confuse unsure as to what is going on or why his guts feeling brought him here. He was about to fly away when Yunho reached out and pulled jaejoong back toward him.

“Le….”

Before Jaejoong could finish his sentence Yunho held him tightly and locked their lips together. Jaejoong’s eyes widen in total shock but for some reason it wasn’t as bad as he thought. For some reasons his lip remembers the touch of Yunho’s lips and his taste. But why would Jaejoong’s body remember the touch, the smell and the taste as if they have already crossed the line. Everything was so familiar and yet so comforting. The pain in Jaejoong’s head and chest disappear as his body relaxed in Yunho’s arm.

Mean while Hojoon stood in front of Yoochun’s apartment door with a gun in hand as he reached out his hand and kocked on the door with a smile on his face.