Chapter 20

Bloody Kiss

After the appearance of Han Woojin and witnessed the gruesome murders of 10 humans on live TV, the entire world went into panic mode. The public fear for their safety and questions rather the government will be able to fight against something as powerful as Woojin. Many government building were surrounded by mobs of people declaring for the government to surrender to Woojin’s demand. Many people has also started pledging their loyalty to him without understanding that it will cost them their life. To a vampire human is nothing more than their food. If they surrender without a fight, they are basically like cattle waiting for death. Pressures were building from the public to their government and from the government to Hellsing who was given all rights to hunt vampires. The Korean branches are especially under pressure from around the world due to the fact that Woojin is Korean and resides somewhere within Korea. They expect Korea to be in charge of this matter and hope to eliminate Woojin before he bring forth the war within a week. But the question still remain, how will they defeat him? A vampire king who once alone tormented the entire world? The same vampire who took centuries for the 4 kings to defeat and at the cost of many lives?

An emergency meeting was call forth from the grand council as all the leaders of the Korean branches were gathered into a large meeting room. The council video conferences with everyone regarding Woojin. With the permission of the president they have been given permission to authorize a curfew to everyone in Korea. The minute sunlight disappear, everyone is to be within their home with door lock and window closed. Anyone who is still outside after curfew will be faced with prison time and a heavy fine. Once night falls, Hellsing will act like police men and women patrolling the blocks to ensure the safety of the public. Regular police officers are also welcome to participate in these patrols however they will have to undergo training from Hellsing. Yunho was also part of this conference however his mind was elsewhere. He couldn’t forget that scene he saw of Jaejoong killing all those people and drinking the blood of an innocent child. It was like watching a horror movie with the worst possible ending. But he knew this wasn’t like a movie nor was it just an act, this was real. The vampire he had hoped to save and protected has turn into a blood thirsty beast. To Yunho it was unbelievable, should he really believe what he just witness or should he push it aside as just an illusion? There is no way Jaejoong could have kill a human? At this thought he recalls the way Jaejoong was able to stab Hojoon without any hesitation as his chest tighten. Does this mean that Yunho has completely failed the vampire who has always come through for him?

“Yunho…oi Yunho!” Hyori’s voice snapped him out of his thoughts

“huh? Sorry did you say something…”

Hyori look at him before sighing “the conference is already over…why do you have your head in the cloud when you should be paying attention…this isn’t the time for your mind to be wondering off on its own…”

“Sorry…”

Hyori wanted to scold him but she also know what is troubling him. Even she couldn’t believe it that Jaejoong help killed those human. Just what the hell happen in these last couple of days? She didn’t think Jaejoong was serious when he stated that he has reached his limits. At first she wasn’t able to understand how he could change but now after seeing that, she started to understand. This made it the second mistake she had made. She should have taken his words more serious and confine him into a room. Maybe she should have handed him over to the council. If she have done it from the start, none of this would have happened.

“Yunho…why don’t you go home and take a long rest…we are going to be busy for the next couple of days…” she flashed him a concern smile

Yunho looked at her concern face before nodding his head still in total disbelief. Hyori was a bit surprise that he was willing to go home to rest. Usually she always have to force it upon him because he was a very dedicated hunter. Yunho got into his car and drove down the now empty street. At this hour, the city looked like it has been abandon fearing the evil that lurks in the darkness. Rather than driving to Yoochun’s apartment, Yunho made a right turn and headed straight to his apartment. He took out the key and unlocked the door to his place and notice the construction has started. There were materials and tools laid out everywhere with plastic wrapping here and there. The large hole in the wall has yet to be completed as the cold night wind continues to blow into the room. Most of his furniture has been moved out of the apartment. Only a book shelf and other small kitchen stuff remains. From the look of it, everything will be moved out by tomorrow. He walked toward the balcony and couldn’t help but remember the second time he meet Jaejoong. The smile on his face and the way he acted wasn’t anything like he was now. Even though he was a vampire, Jaejoong’s smile was pure and innocent. Yunho had hated him and wanted to kill him but slowly Yunho found himself changing upon Jaejoong’s presence. He learn to rely on others and stop acting like everything was his battle alone. He recalls all the memories he shared with Jaejoong within this apartment and outside. The arguments they have and the way Jaejoong will pout whenever Yunho have the upper hand. He also recalls the moments he was closed to death and Jaejoong will put his life on the line to save him. Even when fighting Rain, jaejoong fought him alone and suffered many wounds for his sake. Yunho sat down on the hard cold floor with his back against the wall .He leans his head back and closed his eyes as he remanence the past and compare it to the scene he just saw a hour or so ago. There were a huge difference, as the saying goes, a servant can never disobey its master. If woojin were to order Jaejoong to slaughter everyone in this city, will he do it? if that was the case, will Yunho be able to end his life?

The more Yunho think about it the more painful it became and the worst he felt about his failure. It seems he could never protect anyone dear to him. His family were killed before his eyes, Heechul lost his path and joined the darkness, Hojoon was under MyungHee’s control and then Jaejoong who was carried away and now turn into a monster. Is he fated to be alone forever? He is even cut out to be a hunter or qualify to protect others? For the first time since losing his family Yunho felt like crying. He could feel the tears threatening the corner of his eyes. All the frustration and worries has finally caught up to him. His body felt exhausted, his mind wanted to just shut down and he wishes for all the pain to just disappear.

“I’m here for you Yunho…I’m not going anywhere…I’ll always be at your side…”

Jaejoong’s voice ringed through his ear as he quickly snap open his eyes and quickly looked around but see no one there except for him. After realizing that he has finally lost it he let out a few chuckles like a mad man. A wind blew into the room as he heard something strange within the room. It sounded like paper against the wind. Yunho slowly listen to figure out where it is coming from. The sound led him toward the book shelve and he notice two piece of papers stacked in the middle of a book with its edge still sticking out. With much curiosity Yunho took out the book and took out the pages as he read it before his eyes widen in total shock.

The other 3 journals from the blood war final arrived as Junsu spent the entire night reading through them and taking notes of what took place. Even after going through all 5 of the journals there were no information as to how the 4 kings defeated Woojin.

“this doesn’t make any sense?...” thought Junsu as he continues to re-read them over and over again to see if he had missed it or not but no matter how any time he read them the fact still remains. There were some missing pages to this journal. Junsu let out a frustrated sigh and sat down on his chair

“I can’t believe this…who in the right mind will ripe out the missing pages from this journal” he thought to himself who now feared that they have no hope in defeating Woojin.

Just then his cell phone ringed as he got out of his chair and answered his phone

“What is it Yoochun? You better be having a much better luck in gathering information then I do...”

“You sounded tire…”

“If you have to read through 100 of books and has not left your apartment for a week than you would be tire too…”

Yoochun chuckled as Junsu shot his phone a glare as to glare at Yoochun who will find his suffering a laughing matter.

“How are things at your end?” Junsu asked

Yoochun stop laughing as he went quiet “Thanks to my buddies we might have found something that will help us...”

“Really?! What is it?”

“I’ll come by your apartment in a bit…so don’t fall asleep...”

“oi…what do you take me for…” grin Junsu

After 15 minutes a knock came upon Junsu’s apartment door as he went to answer it only to be surprise that Yunho and Hyori is also there.

“Now this was a surprise…I was only expecting one guest...”

“I ran into them down stair…” said Yoochun as he enters the room along with Yunho and Hyori who looked equally exhausted.

After a few minutes everyone gathered at the dining table as Junsu passed out drinks to everyone.

“So this is the so call journal of the first blood war?...” said Yoochun as he examine it

“Yah! At least wash your hand and be careful turning the pages…it’s very old and delicate…” Junsu shouted at Yoochun

“It’s just a journal Junsu…”

“Yeah with great information…”

Yoochun closed the journal and set it aside after suffering multiple glares from the obsessed researcher Junsu.

“So why are you two here?” Junsu asked

“I needed a break from the office…” sigh Hyori “ever since that jerk Woojin decided he wanted to show his face, everyone has been running back in forth acting like hunters and night police officer…it’s so tiring…it’s as if I’m the only manager there…not to mention the fact that idiots are breaking curfew saying they are going to where Woojin is to declare their loyalty…like are you serious…do you even know where that jerk is hiding? Because if you do by all means tell me so I can go and kick his sorry …”

Junsu let out a few chuckles “you have it tough…”

“tell me about it…and those stupid councils aren’t making it any better…It’s as if they have to constantly remind me that this is my fault that I have to take full responsibility for it…”

“Will I might have something here that will turn that frown upside down…” grin Yoochun as he took out a few piece of papers “I have a few buddies of mine who helped me out locating all the possible places that Woojin could be hiding…one of them manages to discover something very interesting…” Yoochun laid out the map in front of them “ever since woojin has appear…the number of attack from vampires has decreased…most likely Woojin has ordered them to remain quiet until the blood war…however in this area…” Yoochun circled an area on the outskirt of Seoul “lately we haven’t been seeing vampires but a great number of them are seen heading to this place…My friend came across a vampire by chance and took the liberty of following him…but once the vampire came to this area…he disappeared so there isn’t any clear information as to where exactly Woojin is hiding but for sure it’s within this area…”

Hyori massaged her chin as she begin to think “if I remember correctly isn’t that the area that was evacuated 4 years ago because of a huge number of attacks? Many people were killed and it became a birth place for vampires…the government have that area clear out and block off from the public…”

“Then that makes it an even better place to hide isn’t it?” ask Junsu

“Most likely…tomorrow I will have a few people go and investigate…” Hyori turn to junsu “you found anything yet regarding Woojin?

“Don’t even mention it…I wasted a week of my life on this and yet I found nothing…even these journals didn’t help much because…” Junsu took out one of the journal and flip a few pages before showing it to Hyori “as you can see…some pages has been torn out…”

Hyori was surprise by this information because the only people who have access to the journals are high officials. It is locked away in a secure box that only through permission of the council will anyone get access to. But now the question remain, who would do such a thing and for what reason?

“Now what?...” ask Yoochun

Hyori lean back on her chair “this is getting way too complicated…after this I’m retiring for sure…”

“Maybe this will help….” Spoke Yunho as he placed the paper down onto the table

Hyori, Junsu and Yoochun leans forward to look at the paper.

“What is it?” ask Junsu

“This…was left behind by Jaejoong…”

All three of them looked at Yunho in shock before looking back at the paper that only consist of a few words.

By the time you read this I will most likely be at Woojin’s side…to defeat him you will need to find the sword that was use by the four kings…it was a sword crafted and blessed to kill Woojin…it was crafted from his blood and cast upon it magic…it’s his weakness as well as ours…

All of them were quiet, what struck them wasn’t the fact that now they know how to defeat Woojin but from the fact that Jaejoong even mention him as well as MyungHee and changmin. It was as if he is telling them this is also to end his life along with Woojin.

“Just what kind of a vampire idiot is he…” Hyori smiled sadly

Yunho didn’t say a word as he kept his gaze lower.

“Junsu…”

“I’m on it…I’ll find out where the sword is…”

Hyori nodded her head before turning to Yoochun “continues to narrow down the places to find Woojin…”

“yes…”

After talking for a bit more both Yunho and Hyori left. They got into the elevator as the door closed.


“Hyori…” Yunho spoke

“Yes…”

“I finally found it…”

“Found what?”

“What I wanted to protect…”

“oh…and that is?” she asked with a smile

“I want to protect everyone’s dream…”

Hyori raised her eyebrow at him

“Their dreams of growing up…their dream of living in peace…their dream of becoming something big…regardless of what it is…I want to become stronger to protect it…”

“I see…”

“and regarding Jaejoong…” he paused “it looks like from the start he wasn’t even planning to stay at my side but regardless…I know he isn’t doing this because he wanted to…I will protect everyone at the cost of my life as well as bring him back…I will free him of the chains that binds him to Woojin and chain him to me if I must to keep him at my side…”

This took Hyori by surprise “you...you sound like you….special feeling for Jaejoong Yunho?”

Yunho smiled without looking at her as a response to her question. To Hyori it looked like Yunho has finally come into term with his feeling.He had his hand in his pocket and crumbled in his hand is another letter from Jaejoong.

I’m sorry Yunho ah, I know I took your blood and made a promise to fight at your side but in the end I won’t be fulfilling that promise. Sometime we have no control over what will happen in the future but I know for sure I won’t be able to stand at your side in this war. You might be confuse, you might be lost and unsure of what to do but please be strong. You must not think that this is your fault nor that this is your battle alone. Even if I’m not there, you aren’t alone…you have a lot of people who care for your and a lot more people who depends on you for a brighter future. Continues to walk forward and do what you must…Even though our time is short I had fun…I was happy knowing that you trusted me to fight with you….so please forgive me Yunho ah…please forgive me…

Hyori can’t help but felt like this will only leads to heart ache. The very same heart ache that she went through during her younger days. She once fell in love with a vampire who like Jaejoong wishes not to harm human. But in the end a vampire can never fight their inner beast and win against their thirst for blood. Hyori had to kill the person she loved dearly and even now the pain still remains. Through that experience she knew loves between a human and a vampire will never end in happiness. She knew from the start that Yunho and Jaejoong being together will result in something like this and she had hoped it will not. But looking at Yunho’s face it looks like they have already crossed the boundary of friendship and boundary that was laid out for human and vampire. But rather than trying to convince Yunho to change…it’s better for Yunho to decide how far this feeling will go.

Jaejoong sat on the window frame looking out his window to the city before him with an expression of uncertainties. He wasn’t sure why but after that live TV appearance Jaejoong have been getting this feeling like he didn’t want to be on live TV in fear that someone will recognize him. At this thought he has been getting this tightening feeling on his chest and yet he couldn’t figure out why.

“Are you still mad?” came Woojin’s voice as he enters the room

Jaejoong turn around “mad? Me? Why should I be mad? You just basically made my face recognizable to the entire world…”

“Ah so you are mad…” sigh Woojin as he walked into the room

“You did it on purpose right? Why?” Jaejoong asked

Woojin walked toward jaejoong and reached out his hand to touch his cheek. Jaejoong slapped the hand away and grinned “sorry but your hand stink…”

Woojin only let out a grin of his own before grabbing jaejoong by the shoulder harshly before pulling him to his feet.

“it seem that nasty personality of yours haven’t disappear…I guess I should be glad…I enjoy it when you reject me Jaejoong ah…or should I use the term aroused…”

“Even all these centuries passed you are still as erted as ever…”

“only toward you my dear Jaejoong…” woojin reached to the back and caress the seal on Jaejoong’s back “Through this seal you are mine and mine alone….you can run as far as you want…reject me as much you want but in the end you can never escape me jaejoong ah…even those human you once approached will not be able to save you nor will they be able to take you away from me…” he smirked

This only made Jaejoong confused as to why Woojin will mention human. Why would Jaejoong be involve with human?

“Or right? You have forgotten all those memories of the humans you became close with in my absence so it doesn’t matter…after seeing how gruesome you kill those people…your human will also want you dead…”

“Sorry but I don’t get a single thing you just said…”

Woojin let go of Jaejoong “it doesn’t matter…tomorrow night…I’ll be sending you out to give them the second taste of what Han Woojin can do…” he grin before leaving the room

Jaejoong stood there still wondering why woojin will say something like that to him. Why would he get involve with human? But then again he knew something was off about himself. For one thing there seem to be a large gap between his last memories until now. Just what exactly happen to him in those gaps?

An image of Yunho flashed before his eyes as he felt a throbbing sensation in his head as he groaned. This image was as clear as a photo in his hand but even so Jaejoong couldn’t remember who this person is. What does this person have to do with him? Is he part of the missing memories?

Jaejoong let out a heavy sigh “just how have I been living myself up till now…”

Just then changmin enters his room as jaejoong turn to face him with a grin “looks like I should invest in a lock because people don’t know how to knock before entering…”

Changmin only walked toward the bed and sat down “I saw woojin left your room…”

“Aww is my cute little changmin ah worry about me? How sweet?”

Changmin blushed before clearing his throat “I-it’s not that…”

Jaejoong sat down next to him before laying down “neh changmin ah…what have you been doing ever since Woojin die centuries ago?”

“Nothing really…just traveling around…seeing different part of the world…”

“Also falling in love?” Jaejoong grinned

Changmin look at jaejoong before lowering his gaze “falling in love…falling out of love…feeling heart ache even though my heart no longer beat…everything...all the things humans went through…I experienced it all…”

Jaejoong was quiet as he stare at the ceiling “that’s nice…to be able to create memories of your own…having the freedom to love and to do as you please…even if there are moments of unhappiness as least you remember it all…as for me…I don’t remember anything…you can laugh as much as you want but I felt like a huge part of me has disappear…”

Changmin didn’t say a word as Jaejoong sat up ad chuckled “it’s funny right! I’m not even sure why I feel this way but it’s not like it matters what I have forgotten…it’s probably nothing important…what matters is that I am back with you and MyungHee…I was kind of lonely when we went our separate way…”

Changmin can’t help but felt guilty, this was what he and MyungHee wanted but yet is it worth the happiness that his hyung was manages to find on his own?

“Oi...what’s with that look…are you really worry about me?” Jaejoong

“a-as if…”

Jaejoong chuckled before standing up as the light of the moon reflected upon his skin, his eyes and his blonde hair.

He smiled “This time we will succeed…the hope of claiming this world for vampires will come true…we will no longer have to fight these worthless battles…”

“What are you going to do once we defeated the human?...”

Jaejoong turn his attention to the darkness outside as he smiled bitterly “I’ll leave that to fate…”

Changmin can’t help but felt like Jaejoong had returned to how he was a few days ago when he was fighting with the human. The look on his face, the tone of voice he use were the same as before.

“Jaejoong?...”

Jaejoong turn to changmin and smirked with thirst in his eyes once more “The old fart is finally letting me go out and have a bit of fun after being confine here for a week…will you join me?”

Changmin look at jaejoong and notice he has once again reverted to his old self. He should be happy but why do he have a feeling of disappointment seeing Jaejoong return to his old blood thirst shelf.

As morning light came, everyone was busy as well as Yunho. But daylight never lasted long as the night once again came. The street is deserted as Hellsing’s hunters are out patrolling the blocks. There were a few people who had attempted to escape and broke curfew that were arrested. Yunho and his team were call out to a gathering where a bunch of people has come together to declare their loyalty to Woojin. Yunho could only shook his head at how dumb some people can become. It’s like they don’t even realize the danger of it. After breaking up the gathering, they were quickly call to a nearby area to handle some vampires who has broken into a building. The work load was endless as they get pull in all direction. Jaejoong stood on top of a tall tower that extended high above the city. He looked down with an excited smile on his face. He could smell the scent of blood both human and vampires. Below him is a group of powerful vampires waiting for the signal of their master.

“looks like tonight will be a fun night” grin jaejoong as the moon floated behind him

“don’t get too carry away…” spoke changmin

“when do I ever get carry away…”

“Jaejoong Hyung…the scent of blood makes you crazy….once you kill you won’t be able to stop killing…I have seen it firsthand… this is only a minor part of our plan...remember that or master woojin will be pisst...”

“Why should I care what that old fart think…”

Changmin sigh for he can already see where this is heading. For sure he will be held responsible because he failed to stop Jaejoong when he could. As the clock struck midnight, Jaejoong smiled widely filled with excitement as he reach out his hand.

“Go…turn the street blood red…”

The vampires under his command growls with happiness as they descended to the city below to rack havoc. Changmin look at Jaejoong for a bit before he too descended to the city of lights below. Jaejoong remain on the toward as the cold wind blew pass. His golden eyes glow as his two white fangs begin to show itself. He then dived to the city below as the scent of the first kill already filled his nose.

Within seconds Hellsings were filled with reports and phone calls about a large group of vampires attacking. Hyori was taken by surprise as she have to direct groups out on the street to the location the attacks are happening. The city map is pulled in the large screen in front of her as red marks appears where the attack took place. Just within a few minutes half of the map is covered in red marks.

“w-what the hell is going on?! Why they are suddenly attacked in so many places at once? Is this a warning? Or have they already started the war? But Woojin said his army will be ready in a week?!”

“HYORI!” one of the assistance called out to her in a panic

“What is it?!”

“The councils…they…they are being under attack!”

“What?!”

Yunho was contacted by Hyori regarding the large number of attacks and was ordered to head to the building where the councils were supposed to have a meeting tonight. Without any delay Yunho and his team left their designated area and speed down the street. Hyori also made preparation to head out as well with her own special task force. Other branches of Hellsings were dispatched to the street to handle the large number of vampires.

When they finally arrived at the meeting place for the councils, to Yunho and his team’s horror the place was a complete mess. Vampires has broken in to the building, killing at a rapid speed. There were bodies laid out throughout the entire area. Without any hesitation, Yunho order his team to enter the building, protect the council members and kill any vampires they see. They need to hold off as many vampires as possible until the special task force arrived. With that command, they stormed the place and sound of gun fire echoes throughout the street. Yunho fires his bullets killing a few vampires here and there as he tried to save as many people as he could. He can smell the stench of fresh blood, hear the scream of terror and the sound of vampires growling. This was indeed a scene out of a horror movie and Yunho just found himself to be the lead actor. He and his team manages to reach the main conference room as they hear scream coming from inside. They tried to open the door but it wouldn’t budge. After a few attempts at forcing the door open they finally able to get inside as their eyes widen in total shock.

A few council members has already been killed as a vampire stood in the middle of the conference room holding onto one of the members. Yunho quickly aimed his gun and fired the bullets. The bullet pierced the vampire but it show no sign of disappearing. This vampire let go of the council and turn around. To Yunho’s surprise it was none other than Shim changmin.

Jaejoong was in a different part of the city shedding his own pool of blood. He was smiling through it all as if this was something he enjoyed doing. It wasn’t under he heard the sound of gun fire did he turn around. Standing before him is Lee Hyori

“Jaejoong shhi…I’m here to fulfill your last request…”