Chapter 21

Bloody Kiss

 

I'm getting more and more excited with every chapter I wrote!! We are getting closer and closer to the end of the series so bare with me with the next few chapters. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong looked at Hyori unsure who she is and wonder how a human will know his name.

“Last request you say?” Jaejoong let go of the body he is holding onto and grinned before the blood from his hand “sorry but I don’t plan to die anytime soon…”

Hyori had a flash back to when Jaejoong was still in her office as they had the conversation. No matter what she will carry out his request even if he does not remember. This was a promise that she hope to carry out till the very end. It will be her hand that will end Jaejoong’s life, she will not allow Yunho to be the one nor did Jaejoong want it to be him.

“I won’t let you escape here alive Jaejoong shhi…” she aimed her gun at Jaejoong

“Interesting…you are the first human who will blindly approach me….you do know that gun of your is useless right?”

“Even so…I will shoot as much as I can and fight till my very last breath…”

Jaejoong didn’t say a word as he stood there and stare at her as if to examine her. He could see the determination in her eyes, there was no fear anywhere.

“People have always told me never to play with my food but I’ll make an exception for you…I’ll play with you until your heart is content and then I’ll be more than happy to kill you slowly…”

Without any warning Jaejoong disappear from where he was standing and to Hyori’s surprise he appears right in front of her. She quickly blocked his attack before jumping back but uses her feet to bounce back at Jaejoong before aiming and firing her gun. Jaejoong dodged the bullets before his nails grew long. He attempted to slash her but she dodge it and counter attack with her feet which jaejoong blocked and jumped back. They both had on a smile on their face before dashing toward each other once again. Using her gun she blocked Jaejoong’s nail from piercing her flesh. This was the first time she fought a direct link and now she finally understood the difficulties of fighting them. They are indeed powerful and strong. To think not too long ago Yunho and the others had to fight against two of them. Jaejoong smirked as he jumped into the air and down toward Hyori and tried to slash her. She manages to dodge it but to her surprise Jaejoong have disappear and reappear right behind her.

“!”

This time Hyori was not able to dodge as Jaejoong has open a flesh wound on Hyori’s arm as blood begin to appear.

“Now now…don’t tell me that is all you got?...” he grinned

Hyori shot him a glare wondering what she can do to defeat Jaejoong. Without that sword there is no way they can kill the direct links nor could they hope to defeat Woojin.

Hyori could feel herself wavering from the amount of power Jaejoong have. She begin to doubt her ability to carry out the last request from Jaejoong. An image of him smiling flashed before her eyes and an image of Yunho soon follow after. She took a deep breath and calm herself, clear her mind before standing up straight. A wind blew pass as she closed her eyes.

“no…no matter what it has to be me…I have to be the one to end him…I don’t want Yunho and Jaejoong to go through the same thing I did…it’s far too painful to have to kill the person you love…it’s a scar that will never heal….”

Hyori open her eyes again as all doubt disappear. She aim her gun at Jaejoong once again and smiled at him.

“I made a promise to you Jaejoong shhi…I will not break it…I won’t allow Yunho to get his hand tainted like I did with mine…”

Jaejoong’s grin disappear. It was starting to pisst him off that this human before him continues to talk to him as if they know each other. The way she smile at him and way she continues to talk about his last request when he didn’t made any, all of it were irritating. Not to mention that she spoke of a guy name Yunho whom he doesn’t even know about. Just what are they to him?

“Jaejoong shhi…If…if I were to fail and die trying to complete your request I hope you will regain what you have lost and return to Yunho…he may act strong but he’s a very lonely guy…he has finally come into term with his feeling so I hope you will won’t reject him…I don’t want to see him in any more pain…”

Jaejoong made an irritated sound as he glared at her “enough from you human…the way you talk annoys me…why should I care what happen to this Yunho guy…”

Hyroi look at Jaejoong and smiled again “even though you have forgotten…I know you will remember…”

Just then an image of Yunho flashed before Jaejoong’s eyes as his felt a throbbing in his head.

“Again…why do I keep seeing his picture….just who the hell is he?” wonder Jaejoong

While he was distracted Hyori took the chance to attack first as she caught Jaejoong of guard and fired a round of bullets. He wasn’t able to dodge as the bullets hit his right shoulder, lower chest and left calf. This caused him to fall to his knee as Hyori twirl around and used her feet to kick him. Jaejoong manages to block it but the force sent him a feet away. Everything went silence as neither Jaejoong nor Hyori moved from their spot. Other vampires was about to jump in to give him a helping hand but Jaejoong’s loud voice stopped them. The bullets came out of his flesh as the wound begin to heal. He slowly stood up with a smile on his face

“Anyone who interfere will die” he warned as the other vampires obey

“Looks like this won’t be easy after all…” thought Hyori

In the meantime Yunho and his team is still standing in front of Changmin. From the look of it, 4 out of 12 members were killed.

“What?…were you expecting to see Jaejoong?” Changmin grinned at Yunho

“He...he’s here?”

“Not exactly here but somewhere out there”

Yunho wanted nothing more than to dash out there and search for Jaejoong but he knew better then to leave his team behind. He clinched his fist tightly and try to control his urges before lifting his gun and aim it at Changmin.

“Where is woojin hiding Changmin?”

“Now don’t this bring back memories…” changmin smiled “but do you honestly think I will tell you?”

“This place is surrounded….a lot of your vampires has already been killed…you might be the only one left in this building…you have no choice but to surrender…”

Changmin let out a chuckle “sorry but surrendering isn’t something I do…”

“Don’t make me shoot you?”

“By all means go right ahead….although it isn’t going to do anything…”

“Mr. Jung….what should we do?” one of his team asked

Yunho look at them before turning his gaze back to changmin. He knows that they won’t be able to defeat him. If he order his team to fight, all of them will surely be dead within just a few minutes. If someone have to die fighting Changmin then he rather it be him alone.

“There are other victims in this building…all of you go and help them escape, makes sure this whole building is vampire free...”

His team looked at him in shock “but…Mr Jung…”

“That is an order…go…there is only one of him…I can handle him here….”

His team hesitated but they know better than to go against Yunho’s order. They quickly left the room and split up to cover more ground. Yunho closed the door behind him as he turn back to Changmin who has not moved from his spot.

“You sure are confident” said changmin

“I know what you are capable of but they don’t…I don’t want them to die a mean less death…I will fight you alone…if one person have to die…let it be me alone…”

“I’ll gave you credit for your bravery black hunter…”Changmin position himself “now that I think about it…this will be our first fight huh? It’ll be my chance to find out why both Jaejoong and Myunghee is so fond of you…”

“I’m not sure why MyungHee is fond of me nor do I understand Jaejoong’s determination to protect me but through it all I did come to realize something important…” he smiled before aiming his gun at Changmin “I too have grown quite fond of Jaejoong…so why don’t you give him right back to me?”

Changmin didn’t say a word as he only stared at Yunho as he continues “it doesn’t matter if he is fighting at your side because of Woojin….all I need to know is that after everything is over, I will reclaim him…”

“You make him sound like an object to own…”

“He isn’t on object….he is someone I have come to care for dearly…”

“So you are saying you going to risk your life to save him? You won’t be able to win against Woojin….”

“that may be true but I already made up my mind…” he look at Changmin with confident and courage “…I will fight anyone who gets in my way to save Jaejoong…even if that mean I will have to face off with Woojin…I will free him of his chains…”

Once again Changmin was speechless but now he kind of understood why Jaejoong and MyungHee is fond of Yunho. His sense of loyalty is indeed very admiring. From the look of it, Yunho will risk anything to protect his friends.

“Well…I guess I’ll be the first obstacle for you Dear hunter” changmin grinned as he prepare himself for the fight

“Indeed…” smile Yunho

They stood still as the room is filled with silence. Within seconds they dashed from where they stood and fought each other. Changmin was able to grab onto Yunho and twirl him around before letting go as Yunho flew backward. He used his hands to land on one of the table before doing a back flip. He bounce right back at changmin at a rapid speed before firing a few rounds of bullets. Changmin dodged them easily as Yunho try to punch Changmin who blocked. To changmin’s surprise, Yunho is fast…far faster than any human he has ever fought against. His speed, his strength and the way he thinks is that beyond a normal human being. Even he have started to get excited for this fight. His nails grew as he try to slash Yunho who used his gun to block the nails while continuing to lean toward Changmin as he reach under his coat and draw out the second pistol. To Changmin’s surprise Yunho aimed the second pistol right to his head and pulled the trigger. Yunho spin around and kick Changmin sending him a few feet back.

The bullet that have lodge in Changmin’s forehead came out as it collided with the ground below. Blood dripped onto the floor before it started to heal. Changmin lifted his head and stare at Yunho with a smile. It has been a while since anyone has made him this excited in a battle. For the first time since a long time someone else other than Jaejoong made his blood boil with excitement as his body tremble wanting more.

He disappear from where he stood and reappear right behind Yunho kicking him as he wasn’t able to dodge and suffered the damage. Blood dripped from the corner of his mouth as he wiped it with the sleeve of his jacket. They continue to fight filling the room with bullet holes and broken all the tables.

While the city is filled with endless fights, Woojin remain in the mansion watching everything with a satisfy smile on his face. MyungHee sat on the floor with her head rested upon Woojin’s leg as he gently caress her long black hair.

“Is everything going as you planned master Woojin?” MyungHee asked

“Indeed…I did say that my army will be completed within a week but I didn’t say I was going to wait till then to start my attack…” he grin

“Why didn’t you let me go as well? I would have assisted them…”

Woojin turn toward her and smile “why would I send out my queen? A queen should never enter a fight…”

MyungHee look at woojin, even though she got her wish and was given the title of Queen, she can’t help but think that the title is all she got from him. Ever since she got her wish, woojin has not asked her to do anything leading to the blood war. She has been walking around the mansion doing nothing. Could it be that he fulfilled her wish because compare to Changmin and Jaejoong she is less reliable.

“Master Woojin…why did you make me your queen?”

“Isn’t that what you wanted?”

She lower her gaze “indeed it is…but…will it be selfish of me to want more…”

“What else would my queen desire…?”

“Your love…”

Woojin’s smile disappear as he looked at her “my love?...”

“Is that too much to ask for…I’m willing to do anything for you…I’m more than willing to fight a thousand people for you…I want to become someone you can rely on…”

“It seem all these centuries has made you a greedy woman…” he grinned as MyungHee blushed from Embarrassment before she quickly apologize.

“You wish was to become the queen…I have grant it however this love you desire I will not be able to grant…”

MyungHee felt her chest tightening as she clinched tightly on her dress “is it…is it because of Jaejoong…do you…really prefer his body over mine?...” She asked without even looking at Woojin

There was a long silence before Woojin spoke “not just his body that aroused me but the look of hate in his eyes is what makes me want to break him…” he smirked

MyungHee quickly stood up and left the room as woojin smiled before returning his attention to the fights before him. He look at the screen with Jaejoong and smiled. Nothing is more beautiful when they are drenched in blood, eyes filled with thirst and smiled with excitement.

“Technology in this era is indeed very useful…”

MyungHee dashed toward her room and slammed the door shut before she cried silently to herself. She was a fool to think that she will be able to obtain his love. She knew it from the start that the one Woojin is truly interested in is Jaejoong. She thought that if she did everything she can to bring him back that at least it will earn her a bit of his love but in the end nothing goes as she planned. The only thing that she got was the title of queen that is nothing more than an empty title. She had a flash back to the past when she went through this very same heart ache. The person who was there to comfort her was none other than Jaejoong. His couraging words and kind compliment is what eased her tightening chest and stopped her tears. Jaejoong was indeed like an older brother to her, a family she had wanted. He was someone she admired but she can’t help but harbor this hatred toward him because he was able to obtain the one thing she truly desired. Even though Woojin desires him, he only show him hate ad disgust. MyungHee on the other hand loved Woojin but they can never go as far as servant and master. This reality is what really hurt her the most and is the driving factor in her hatred toward Jaejoong.

The sound of bullet echoed throughout the street as Jaejoong was shot on the side of his stomach. Blood begin to come out staining his shirt as Hyori stood before him panting and breathing heavily. This fight have dragged on for who knows how many hours and yet not a single scratch remain on Jaejoong. Hyori on the other hand have suffered many flesh wound and she is reaching her limit. The bullet wound healed like the others as he stood up straight and smiled at her.

“I’ll give you credit for lasting this long again me…” he smiled

Hyori also smiled “that’s good to know…”

“But…you won’t be able to last any longer…”

Hyori didn’t say a word as she tried to control her breathing and the shaking of her body. She forced herself to stand straight ignoring the throbbing pain from all over her body.

“What are you talking about? I can still continue…” she grinned

“You sure don’t give up do you…why? Is it to get to woojin? Even if by miracle you win, you still won’t be able to win against him…”

“Didn’t you hear me earlier…my main purpose is to carry out your last request…I don’t make promises that cannot be kept…”

“Now that you mention it…what exactly are you talking about? You continue to go on and on about this promise but I don’t remember making any request to a human…”

Hyori look at Jaejoong and concluded that after he revert to his old self, all those memories has also disappear.

“Either you believe me or not….you use to be on our side…help us fight your own kind…”

Jaejoong only let out a loud laughter “me…fighting with you human?...” he continues to chuckle “you are pretty hilarious…”

Hyori only smiled “Don’t you feel like a large part of yourself is missing?” she asked as Jaejoong stop laughing “You feel it don’t you? This emptiness as if a part of yourself isn’t there....”

Jaejoong became irritated for she spoke the truth “Don’t talk like you understand me human…it’s sickening…” he glares

“That gap within your memories…don’t you want to know what memories is missing?”

Jaejoong didn’t say a word as Hyori smiled for his silence meant he does actually care a little regarding his missing half “I’ll tell you Kim YoungWoong…I’ll tell you what is missing..” she grin

Jaejoong was taken by surprise that she not only knew of his name but also his birth name. It has been so long since anyone had ever said his real name out loud. It only makes him wonder what kind of person is Hyori? Could it be that he actually did got involve with the human and fought at their side? If so why did he forget the memories? The more he thinks about it the more confusing it became. This also made him recall those words from Woojin about how the human he was involve with will also desire to kill him.

“A century ago you meet a human girl name Jung Hee…you feel in love with her…she is the reason you have stopped killing human and through a promise with her you protected her family….”

Upon the name Jung Hee, Jaejoong felt a sharp pain upon his head.

“You kept your promise to her and ends up protecting Jung Yunho who was her great great grandson…”

“Enough! I will not fall for your tricks…” glare Jaejoong

Hyori was not afraid as she continues “You approached Yunho and started to hang around him to protect him…you fought against your own kind for his safety…You even fought against Rain and killed him for his sake…through that event you started to live with Yunho…you became not only important to him but an important asset to Hellsing…you provide us with information regarding Woojin’s revival and help us fought against Changmin and MyungHee…”

Jaejoong wasn’t going to stand around and hear this garbage as he dashed toward her and started to attack. Hyori blocked him as much as possible but still continues with to bring back his memories.

“After living with Yunho you drink his blood….you developed a deep bond with him….you came to love him!”

“SHUT UP!!” Jaejoong shouted in anger as his nail pierced through Hyori’s flesh as she cough out blood. But even so she still managed a smile

“For the first time Yunho learn to love someone…his frozen heart was melted through you…for that I am thankful…the love and affection you have is mutual with Yunho…but that idiot is far too slow to realize his feeling…do you know how depress he felted after you were taken away by Myunghee and changmin…he went into depress mode and blamed himself for not being about to protect you…he consider himself a failure because even though you risked everything to protect him he wasn’t able to return the same favor…You should have seen how broken down he was when he saw you kill those people on TV…it was a total shock…but somehow he manages to pull through it and even stated that he will risk everything to save  you from Woojin…he is an idiot right? He always realize things too slow but one good thing about him is that when he realize it he will do everything to make sure he succeed…”

Hyori falls to her knee bringing Jaejoong down with her as she cough out more blood. Jaejoong made attempts to move away but Hyori gripped onto his shirt tightly refusing to let him go.

“I wanted to be the one to fulfill your request….you didn’t want Yunho to be the one to end your life because like me you fear the trauma will takes its toll on him…I understand the pain of killing the person you love…You too understood it and asked me directly to kill you if you ends up losing yourself…but…” Hyori looked up at jaejoong with blood dripping from the corner of as her lips curved into a sad smile “forgive me jaejoong ah…I wasn’t able to fulfill your last request…Even though I wanted to prevent it…Yunho will have to be the one to end your suffering….” A single tear fell from her eyes

This caused Jaejoong’s head to throb endlessly as if someone is squeezing his head tighter and tighter. With one quick move, he removed his nails from her flesh as blood gushed out. He falls back and he clinched his head tightly from the sudden pain. All kind of memories were flashing before her eyes but none of it made any sense to him.

“HYORI!!!!” Came Yunho’s voice as he rushed toward her and manages to catch her before she hit the ground “HYORI!! CAN YOU HEAR ME!!?”

Hyori’s eyes were starting to blur and wasn’t able to keep it open as it closed. Yunho notice all the wounds on her as her clothes is completely cover in blood. He turn his head toward the vampire before him as his eyes widen in shock.

*Flash back*

Yunho fired a few round of bullets as changmin dodged. But after dodging the last bullets to his surprise Yunho have disappear from the front and reappear from the back. Using his gun he smacked changmin on the side of his head knocking him to the ground before Yunho fired a bullet missing changmin by a millimeter. The room is once again filled with silence. Changmin sat on the ground feeling the throbbing pain from the side of his head as Yunho looms over him panting and breathing heavily with his own battle wounds. Changmin wasn’t going to sit around and wait as he quickly stood back up and tried to attack him. Yunho stepped back as he aimed his gun as changmin reached for him. He fired the bullets again as changmin leans toward Yunho’s ear

“Jaejoong is in the south part of Seoul…go to him…” he whispered before he sent Yunho flying as he collided with the doors. Yunho groaned in pain as he forced his body to stand up as blood dripped from his mouth. He look at changmin wondering why he will say something like that to him. He wanted to question changmin’s motive but from the look of his eyes, Yunho knew this was a rare chance.

*End of flash back*

Upon the presence of Yunho, Jaejoong felt like he have seen him from somewhere before. After thinking about it for a bit he realize Yunho was the image that was flashing before his eyes. The real person is now standing in front on him but even so he wasn’t able to understand what kind of relationship they have with each other. The more he thinks about it the more his head hurts.

“Jaejoong ah…” Yunho spoke his name “did you…did you do this to Hyori?”

Jaejoong only mastered a grin “Look around…am I not the only one standing here with blood on my hand….”

Yunho glared at Jaejoong as he held Hyori’s body in his hand.

“Why? Why?!...why would you such a thing? Killing all these people? Is it what woojin asked you to do?”

“Yes….but…I also enjoy it too…”

Yunho wasn’t sure what has gotten into Jaejoong. He didn’t want to believe it but now he has seen it right in front of him. Jaejoong has indeed changed, the aura around him has changed.

“What? What have woojin done to you?”

“Done to me?...” jaejoong chuckled “he hasn’t done anything to me….this is who I am….”

“No! This is not who you are? You would never hurt a human or kill so many without a reason”

Jaejoong glared at Yunho. He hated the fact that Hyroi spoke so familiar with him and now here is another human who also talks as if he knows him.

“Please stop this Jaejoong…come back…we will work together to defeat Woojin…I will help free you from him….”

Jaejoong recall those words from Hyori before she passed out and concluded that this must be the Yunho guy she spoke of. However how could he a vampire be attracted to Yunho? There isn’t anything about him that will stand out other than the fact that he is a bit handsome.

“Jaejoong ah…”

“Stop it! What is it with you humans?! Is this your new tactics to confuse us?! Talking to us as if we are on the same terms as if we were friends?! Well it ain’t going to work on me” Jaejoong snapped

“Jaejoong ah…what is happening to you? You acted like you don’t remember me? You talk as if you don’t remember those time you spent living with me….”

“That is enough…return Jaejoong” woojin’s voice ring through Jaejoong’s head as he turn to the sky

To Jaejoong’s surprise Yunho has gotten up and grasped his hand tightly “I won’t let you go!”

Jaejoong only yanked his hand away from Yunho before attacking him. They got into a fight as Yunho tried to block him but the damages he suffered from Changmin was slowing him down preventing him from moving freely without sharp pain.

“Snap out of it jaejoong ah!!” shouted Yunho “I don’t want to fight you! I don’t want to hurt you!!”

“And why not?!”

“Because…”

“On second thought I don’t want to hear it!”

Jaejoong tried to slash Yunho whose leg gave out as they both tumbled to the ground. Jaejoong who have the advantage was about to kill Yunho when Yunho reached over and grasped Jaejoong’s cheek in his hand.

He smiled “I don’t want to fight you…I don’t want to hurt you because jaejoong ah…I love you…”

Jaejoong paused as his eyes widen in total shock.

“w-what did you just…say…?”

“I love  you….so please…come back to me…you promise that you will fight at my side…you took my blood and vow to be bond to me….so please…please don’t break the promise…my heart won’t  be able to withstand anymore….”

More memories begin to flash before his eyes as his head begin to throb again. Jaejoong slapped Yunho’s hand away as he once again try to stab Yunho who manages to dodge it. Once again they got into a struggle with each other. Jaejoong leans down and whispered something into Yunho’s ear before getting off and created space between them.

“Jaejoong return right now!” Woojin’s voice once again ring through his ear

“Very well master woojin…” he responded before looking at Yunho “looks like our fight will have to continue….” He grin before turning into black mist and disappear before Yunho could do anything.

"wait! jaejoong ah!!!"

Thunder could be hear coming from the sky as rain started to pour washing away the bloods on the street. Yunho sat on the ground still in total shock as if his world has come to a complete stop as he recalls those words from Jaejoong.

"you are a hunter...I am a vampire...our destiny is to kill one another...there will be no feeling attach...no mercy...no remorse…no love...so hate me…do not love me for I am your foe...I am your enemy and I'll be the one who will raise my poison nails at your neck...so before my darkness kills you...you must kill me first..."

Woojin stood from his chair as he look at the screen with Yunho sitting on the ground. The smile on Woojin's face has faded, even though it was his plan to have Jaejoong kill those human he came close to he didn't expect Yunho to show up. It seem he had miss calculated the fact that Hyori will also be a driving factor in returning Jaejoong to how he use to be. He recalls the scene of Jaejoong being in terrible pain as a clear indication that he has started to recall his time with the human. He clinched his fist tightly with anger

"looks like before the blood war...I will have to eliminate those pesky bugs"