Chapter 12

Bloody Kiss

Yunho laid in his bed wide awake as the little sunlight begin to pierce through the small opening of the window curtain.

The side of his neck was still throbbing endlessly from Jaejoong’s bite as he felt his body weaken. He couldn’t even remember how he got home after passing out from the blood lost. Thinking back now, Yunho questioned himself why he did it. What was going through his mind when he offered his blood and spoke those words? Has he finally lost his mind when he requested for Jaejoong to stay at his side? Whatever was the reason, Yunho was certain about one thing, he will need to become stronger. Just recalling the fight against MyungHee made Yunho angry at how weak he was. He barely did anything while she was throwing him around like a toy. Even at the end when she gripped his neck he wouldn’t escape. The thought of him shaking from fear irritated Yunho as he quickly got out of bed and walked toward the bathroom. After freshening up, he walked toward the living room and notice Jaejoong is still fast asleep on the sofa. The blanket barely covers him as the pillow has already fallen to the floor. Sleeping in this kind of position made Jaejoong looked like a regular human being. Yunho recall Jaejoong coming to his rescue upon calling his name and a feeling of happiness begin to emerge. He approached Jaejoong and gently pulls the blanket to cover Jaejoong before putting the pillow back under his head. He stood there and stared at the vampire before him while trying to figure him out. There were too many questions surrounding Jaejoong and yet surprisingly, Yunho couldn’t help but trusted him.

Suddenly the phone begins to ring as Yunho grabbed the house phone.

“Hello…”

“Yah! Yunho!” came Hyori’s angry voice “I have been trying to reach you since last night! Don’t tell me you actually fought against MyungHee?!”

Yunho recalled the fight before turning to look at Jaejoong “no…I only manage to kill a few vampires here and there…finding a first generation vampire isn’t as easy as I thought”

Hyori can’t help but doubt his words. For one thing, he is far too calm compare to how he was yesterday filled with anger.

“Well…I wanted to let you know that Hojoon has awakened…”

Upon this news Yunho was overwhelmed with joy “Okay…I’ll be there in a bit”

He didn’t even wait for Hyori to finish before hanging up the phone and headed back to his bedroom to change. Hyori stood in the hospital room looking at her phone as if it’s something she has not seen before. She turns to Hojoon with an irritated look on her face

“This guy…he is really starting to pisst me off…You need to teach him some manners…”

Hojoon only chuckled “I’ll keep that in mind…”

Hyori walked toward the bed and sat down “how are you feeling this morning?”

“Much better then yesterday for sure…the pain isn’t as painful….”

“That’s good…this afternoon an agent will be coming by to see you…please give him the full report of what took place during your mission…do not leave anything out…the more details you can provide the better…”

“Alright…” Hojoon paused as he looked at Hyori as if he wanted to say something but was debating if he should say it or not.

“What is it?” Hyori asked upon seeing the expression on his face

“MyungHee…she…is indeed very powerful…far more powerful than a sire…I barely put a scratch on her during our fight…she can easily thrown me around as if it’s nothing…in my view she is very dangerous and deadly…do you still think it’s a good idea to keep Jaejoong?”

Hyori looked at Hojoon a bit taken back by his sudden question. She crossed her arm and begins to think before speaking “In order for us to win this…we will need him…if worst comes to worst and Woojin did get revived, he will be our only hope in saving humanity…”

“What if everything up till now was part of his plan…making us think he is on our side and then when we let down our guards, he slaughter us all…”

“Looks like the fight against MyungHee had made you fearful…” Hyori grinned as Hojoon lower his gaze

“if you fight against one of them you will be fearful as well…never once in my entire life had I ever felted so weak…so helpless…”

Hyori didn’t say a word as he gently placed her hand upon his shoulder “Don’t think too much Hojoon…this feeling will fade after a good long rest…” she smiled

Hojoon did not say a word as he only nodded his head in response. Before long Yoochun and Junsu also took some time to visit Hojoon as they brought him flowers and exchanged a few conversations. When Yunho arrived at the hospital, he could hear loud laughter echoing from the room and concluded that there were at least three other people in the room. Upon hearing Hojoon’s laughter, the feeling of relief washed over him as he smiled before opening the door. Upon Yunho’s presence, Hojoon turn to look at him and smiled to assure  that he is perfectly fine.

“How are you feeling?” Yunho asked

“I’m doing just great!”

Yunho was relief to see that Hojoon is his usual self. He wasn’t sure how he will react if Hojoon never wakes up. Losing his family left a traumatic scar deep within him, if he was to loose Hojoon too, he wasn’t sure if he will be able to bare it. Just then Hyori appear behind him and give him a headlock for disobeying her order last night. Yunho’s attempt to escape got everyone in the room laughing.

Meanwhile Jaejoong still remain asleep as the apartment is filled with total silence.

Once again he found himself standing in a pitch black room with endless fogs floating about making it hard to see anything. The difference this time was that he could feel his feet submerged in some kind of liquid. Out of nowhere a pair of large strong hands reached out from the darkness behind him and circled it around his slender body. He felt a hot warm breath next to his ear as a solid body pressed against his back. He didn’t even have to turn around to know who this person is as a familiar icy cold feeling traveled throughout his body numbing him in place.

“What makes you think you can live among the human?” came the same deep voice he feared

Jaejoong wasn’t able to utter a word as he continues “You are a vampire Jaejoong dear…human and vampire can never coexist together…no matter how much you desire to live among them…they will never except  you…they will never trust you…they will only look at you with fear and disgust….”

The hands begin to fondle Jaejoong’s body. One of the hand slides under his shirt caressing his bare skin. Every touch sends a shock wave of coldness into his body. Suddenly he felt something wet him from the side of his cheek down to his neck as Jaejoong fought the urge to let out his moans.

“You have already killed so many human…these hand of yours has been stained by so many blood…could you not see it? The pool of blood beneath your feet…”

To Jaejoong’s horror the liquid became visible as pool of redness surrounded him.

The person behind him could feel Jaejoong shaking in his arms which excited him.

“That human you have attached yourself to…how will he react when he learns who you belong to? Who trained this lewd body of yours?...will he still be able to accept you? or will he be disgusted by you?...”

Jaejoong tried to speak however the person behind him as stick two of his fingers into his mouth preventing him from uttering a word as the second hand continue to caress his bare skin.

“remember this well Jaejoong…You only belong to me…I will never let  you go…” he spoke as his eyes begin to glow red and two large white fangs grew before biting down upon Jaejoong’s flesh.

Upon the sudden pain, Jaejoong quickly opened his eyes panting heavily as he begins to gasp for air and his body still shaking. Even though it was just a dream, he could feel the throbbing pain on the side of his neck where he was bitten.

"! even after death you are still tormenting me..." thought Jaejoong

After a few minutes he was able to calm his body but he was not able to forget his dream. It felt way too real as if Woojin has already been revived. These constant dreams of him made Jaejoong felt uneasy. He will not be able to relax and fool around like he did in the past. If he wants to stop woojin, he will have to work harder to find his body and destroy it. However the complicated part of this is having to face MyungHee and Changmin. While he was in the middle of thinking of a plan, the front door begins to open.

“Why are you sitting on the floor?” came Yunho’s voice

To Jaejoong’s surprise, his voice was enough to calm his mind. He recalls those words from Woojin regarding Yunho as he smiled. It doesn’t matter if Yunho will accept him or be disgusted by him, in the end Jaejoong had already planned to leave his side.

“I had a nightmare…” he spoke

Yunho raised one of his eyebrows a bit surprise that even vampires suffers from nightmares. He closed the door before taking off his shoe and enters the kitchen.

“you are back early…I was for sure you won’t be back till later…”

“There are already other people there and Hojoon looked fine so there is no point for me to be there any longer…”

“I see…”

Yunho return from the kitchen with a bottle of water as he recalls the conversation he had with Hyori a few minutes ago.

*Flash back*

“Yunho may I have a word with you?” Hyori spoke in a serious tone of voice as he nodded his head.

They excused themselves from the hospital room as they stood in the hallway looking at each other.

“If you want me to apologize…I won’t…”said Yunho

“This isn’t about that…” she slightly turn her head to look at the door that leads to Hojoon’s room “did…you notice anything strange about Hojoon?”

Yunho raised an eyebrow “what do you mean?”

“It could just be me thinking too much or from lack of sleep but…something doesn’t seem right about him…”

“He acts and looked normal to me…”

Hyori was quiet for a few minutes before speaking “the look in his eyes is…how should I put it…different…”

“how so?...”

She look at him wondering if she should continue this topic. She can't really assume much without any hard evidence that Hojoon is different " Nevermind…In the state Hojoon is in…he will be taking a few days off from Hellsing…I want you to look after him until his wound is completely heal…”

“Oi…my apartment isn’t a daycare…”

“I know…but Hojoon won’t be able to take care of himself…”

“Speaking of which…how long am I supposed to watch over Jaejoong and how much longer before I can go back to Hellsing?”

“Even though the council has suspended the investigation…I think they are still secretly watching us...we need to be more careful….”

“But with me missing from Hellsing for a long period of time, wouldn’t they suspect something is up?”

Hyori crossed her arms “I was thinking of that as well…rather than having you not show up at all…why don’t you come to the office every now and then just so the council will see that you are back from your temporary leave…beside...with Hojoon gone, we will need your help”

“And Jaejoong?...”

“He is a grown man…he can take care of himself…”

“And Hojoon?”

“We will have to rely on Jaejoong to help him out while you are in the office…”

Yunho can’t help but dislike the idea of Hojoon and Jaejoong being in the apartment together while Yunho is away at work. Just remembering how close they were together the last time they saw each other made Yunho uncomfortable.

“If possible I want you to keep an eye on Hojoon and report to me if you see anything strange about him…”

Yunho was going to question Hyori some more but was interrupted when Junsu opened the door.

“sorry did I interrupted something?”

“no…your fine…”

“Well…you received a call from the office…they need you to return for the meeting…”

“oh right…I almost forgot about it…thank you…”

Junsu retreated back into the apartment as Hyori turn to Yunho “keep this from Hojoon…”

*End of flash back*

Yunho wasn’t sure what made Hyori suspect something is off with Hojoon but he trusts her words. Hyori is far sharper than anyone Yunho had ever met before and her guts are always right about everything. If she says something isn’t right about Hojoon then Yunho will have to observe him carefully. A few days later, Hojoon was discharged from the hospital. Luckily he did not protest against the idea of living with Yunho until his wound healed. In fact he looked thrill to be under the care of Yunho but Hyori suspected that there is more to that excited smile then what he wants them to believe. Jaejoong on the other hand was not pleased to learn that Hojoon will be living in the apartment with them interrupting his alone time with Yunho. None the less he didn’t argue against it however he did states that he will not cater to his every need like a slave. Yoochun and Junsu helped pack a few things from Hojoon’s apartment and brought it to Yunho’s apartment as he occupied the living room while Jaejoong is forced to sleep with Yunho in the bedroom.

“Why do I have to sleep on the floor…your bed is big enough for two” Jaejoong asked

“I want to sleep alone…just be glade I’m letting you sleep in the same room as me…” said Yunho as he laid out a futon onto the hard cold floor.

“You are really disrespecting me as an elder…”

“Don’t use that bull on me…” said Yunho

Jaejoong left the room pouting like a 3 year old before entering the living room where Hojoon has made himself comfortable on the couch.

“you won’t try to my blood at night will you?” Hojoon joked

“Don’t worry…I much prefer Yunho’s then yours…”

Hojoon paused in shock wondering if Jaejoong had attacked Yunho and his blood before. Jaejoong notice the glare from Hojoon as he grinned.

“Don’t’ worry it was mutual…as well as…”

“As well as what?”

Jaejoong continue to grin before placing his finger next to his full pink lips “it’s a secret…”

“OI Yunho! what did you do with this vampire behind close door?!” Hojoon’s voice ring through the air as Yunho appear in the living room before giving Jaejoong a glare

“We didn’t do anything…he’s just messing with you idiot…”

“Oi don’t call me an idiot!”

“Yea…yea…yea…here…” Yunho handed Hojoon his medication and a bottle of water “take it and go to bed…Jaejoong is already giving me headache…I don’t need you to give me more….”

Hojoon obey as he took his medication and swallow it with water. After taking care of a few more things, Yunho retreated to his room and closed the door.

“Well…time for me to go as well…”

Jaejoong turn around and was about to go up to the rooftop like he usually do when suddenly Hojoon reached out and grasped his hand tightly startling him.

“What are you planning Jaejoong shhi?...what do you hope to gain by gluing yourself to Yunho?”

Jaejoong only look at Hojoon before his lips curved into a grin “I see…so that’s how it is…”

“What do you mean?...”

Jaejoong leans closer toward Hojoon as their face is only inches apart. Hojoon can’t help but felt his heart racing as his body went up in heat being so close to such a beautiful being as Jaejoong. For an undead, rather than smelling like rioting flesh, jaejoong smelled sweet almost like vanilla.

“You…have a thing for me don’t you?...could it be love at first sight? Are you jealous that I am more interested in Yunho then you?”

Hojoon’s face went completely red “what are you talking about?! There is no way I’ll be interested in a vampire!!”

Jaejoong only let out a amuse chuckle “Sorry to break your heart but in my heart there is only Yunho…I won’t be able to love another human being…” He yanked his hand away from Hojoon “please refine from touching me so casually Hojoon shhi…I don’t want Yunho to misunderstand…” he turn around and headed toward the balcony door and opened the door as the cool night wind blew into the room causing Jaejoong’s hair to sway back and forth. He turns to face Hojoon and smiled

“I hope you have a good night rest…” with that being said Jaejoong turn into a black mist and floated to the rooftop disappearing from Hojoon’s sight.

Jaejoong landed on the edge of the building once more looking into the city below him. He scouted the area and did not felt any presence of vampires being nearby. Rather than wasting his time standing here like before trying to pick up Woojin’s scent, he decided it will be faster to get information directly from the source. Without Yunho knowing, Jaejoong went into the city in search for sires who will have information regarding the where about of MyungHee and changmin. They have become pros in hiding their scent from jaejoong when they don’t want to be found.

A sire is seen stumbling through the darken ally way with horror on his face as he tried to escape the death that is chasing him. He had planned to attack two hunters from Hellsing however something far powerful appear and interrupted him. The sire ends up tripping over his own two feet out of fear as a large shadow begin to appear from the street light. The sound of footsteps could be heard coming his way.

“I…I already told you I don’t know anything!!” he shouted

“you are stuttering…it only means you are lying…now tell me…where is MyungHee and Changmin hiding?”

“I…I don’t know! I really don’t know!”

Jaejoong only grinned as he attacked the sire as he groan in terrible pain. Jaejoong kicked the sire in the stomach as the sire rolled on the wet and cold concrete floor as he gasped for air.

“just so you know…I am far scarier than MyungHee and changmin…if you tell me where they are hiding…I will spare your life…”

The sire only glared at jaejoong “why…why are you doing this? You are also a vampire? You are a direct link to our king…why are you betraying us?”

Jaejoong only sigh tired of being asked the same question over and over again “I am not bound by the blood that runs through my vein…I make my own choice and do what I want…”

“You…you will be punish for this…you will not be able to escape king Woojin when he returns!”

Rather than fearing the threat, Jaejoong found it amusing as he chuckled while his voice echoed throughout the darken ally way sending shivers down the sire’s back.

“Do you really think I will be afraid of him?...” he grinned

“if you aren’t afraid then why look for his body?...”

“Because it will be tiresome to have to fight him…why go through all that trouble when I can easily take care of him before he comes back to life…”

“You…you are insane…”

Jaejoong smirked “thank you for the compliment…”

The sire knew he has to escape or else he will be kill by Jaejoong. He slowly stood up and continues to hold onto the flesh wound from earlier. Surely jaejoong will not let him escape so easily; he will be chased down like a prey. If he must go down, then he will at least go down while fighting. The sire growled at Jaejoong as he reveals his two white fangs. He dashed toward jaejoong who only stood in one spot unmoved. The sire’s nail grew long as he try to slash Jaejoong but then to his surprise it wasn’t jaejoong who was hit but rather it was him who has suffered the unforeseen damage. He coughed blood before his body burns and turn into ash. The alleyway is once again filled with silence. Jaejoong the blood from his nail as his lips curved into a smile

“Onto the next…” he walked down the alleyway humming a tone to himself.

The next day Yunho awoken from his lumber as he stretches out his arm into the open space and yawned. He removed the blanket and only took a step before tripping over something as he tumbled to the floor. Yunho groan in pain before turning to look at what he tripped over only to see jaejoong sleeping soundlessly.

“Right…he will be sleeping in the same room from now on…” sigh Yunho as he made movement to stand up when suddenly he smelled something strange coming from Jaejoong. With much curiosity he leans toward jaejoong and begins to sniff him wondering what is that awful smell. Jaejoong who was sleeping on his side turn as his back is completely flat against the floor. The shirt he is wearing to sleep was big on him as the neck hang loosely over his right shoulder. Yunho suddenly felt the urge to kiss him, the urge to touch him as his heart begins to race rapidly. Before he knew it, his body has already acted upon the urges as he is only an inch away from kissing Jaejoong when the bedroom door opens.

“What…are you doing?” came Hojoon’s voice

Yunho’s face flushed red as he quickly stood up and clear his throat “I…I t-tripped and fell…”

“That don’t look like you trip and fell…it looked like you were about to violate the sleeping vampire…” grin Hojoon

“t-that’s not true!” he snapped before pushing passes Hojoon and slamming the door to the bathroom.

Hojoon couldn’t help but chuckled at Yunho’s innocent reaction. But his smile soon faded as he turn back to look at Jaejoong wondering what he was doing all night. Hojoon has waited up for Jaejoong but he never came back until early this morning before the sun comes up. He recalls the advice that MyungHee had given him as he glares at the sleeping beauty in front of him. Whatever Jaejoong is hiding, Hojoon will expose his true self to everyone and to Yunho.

“Yunho…what were you thinking?” Came Hojoon’s voice as he opens the door to the bathroom and see Yunho brushing his teeth

“What do you mean?...”

“Your action a few minutes ago…care to explain it?”

Yunho only raised an eyebrow at Hojoon wondering what changed his attitude a few minute ago. One minute he is teasing Yunho and now he is questioning him as if it’s something serious.

“It’s not what you think Hojoon? I just tripped…”

Hojoon was not buying it, from the beginning he knew having Yunho and Jaejoong together was a bad idea.

“Please keep in mind that he is a vampire…even though he is under the protection of Hellsing, we cannot trust him…if we let down our guard who knows when he will strict from behind…”

Yunho washed his toothbrush and rinsed his mouth with water before spitting it out and wipes his mouth.

“You don’t have to remind me Hojoon…” said Yunho as he push pass Hojoon and into the kitchen

“I think I will have to remind you because from the look of it…you have already given him your trust…”

“you are thinking too much…”

“Am I? Look me in the eye and tell me that he will not turn around and attack you?...tell me that when Woojin come back…he will not betray you…”

Yunho paused as he turns to face Hojoon and look at him strangely wondering what has gotten into him. He recalls the conversation he had with Hyori and was wondering if this strange behavior is what she is talking about.

“I think we need to inform the council about him…have someone else watch over him.”

“Hojoon! Have you lost your mind…you know what the council will do to him?”

“It’s better than knowing what he will do to us…”

Yunho sigh before walking toward Hojoon “you are acting weird Hojoon? Are you sure you are okay?”

Hojoon paused and wanted to say everything he is thinking about but from the look Yunho is giving him will only make matters worst. Rather then continuing this conversation, he figures it best to wait until he has solid proof that jaejoong isn't who they think he is 

“sorry…I’m just worry about you…”

“I know you are…but I am a grown man…I can protect myself…”

With his free hand, Hojoon reached and pat Yunho on the head “at times I forget that you have indeed grown up…”

“You are doing it again!” snap Yunho as he slaps Hojoon’s hand away from his head. He hates it when Hojoon treats him like a child who doesn’t know any better.

“My bad…like the old saying goes…old habits dies hard…”

As planned Yunho got ready to go back to the office in place of Hojoon. He continues to recall Hojoon’s strange behavior and wondered if it will be a good idea to leave him alone with Jaejoong. Based on what he had said to Yunho, it looks like Hojoon see Jaejoong as a possible threat. He had reported this to Hyori but she stated it will be fine. With Hojoon out for the next few days, being an elite, Yunho will have to replace him at the office.

“Are you sure you will be okay?” Yunho asked Hojoon for the tenth time

“For god sake what are you?...my mother?...I already told you I’ll be fine…it’s not like I’m here alone…” he glanced toward Jaejoong who is busy watching the afternoon drama on the TV.

“Well…call me if you need anything…”

“You worry too much…now go or you will be late…”

Yunho nodded his head before looking at Jaejoong and then at Hojoon feeling like something bad is going to happen without him being here. None the less he still left for work fearing Hyori will scold him if he decided to ditch work when he was asking her to return.

Once at the office, Yunho can’t help but feel a bit nervous. It has been weeks since he last came to the office and surprisingly the place has been clean up nicely. The area that was attacked was still off limit but is slowly being rebuilt. There were new faces among the teams and the familiar faces that he usually sees has decreased heavily. Could it be that the issue with the rising of vampires be worst then he thought it was?

“Welcome back Yunho” one of the female employee greeted him as he return the greeting.

He sat at his desk and felt out of place with all these new people surrounding him. Others were looking at him as their eyes move with every moment he made.

“Is that the black hunter?” one of the new recruit whispered

“He looks a lot hotter in person…” a female recruit whispered to her friend

“He doesn’t look all that…” said another

Countless whispers could be heard as it begins to irritate him. He was going to let his emotion take control but luckily Hyori appeared and advised the new recruits to quiet down. She turns to face him with a smiled on her face and he knew exactly what she is thinking

“You sure are popular Yunho? I’m envious…” she spoke the words he was thinking about

“Why are there so many new recruits…”

“didn’t I say before…we have lost a great number of hunters and elites…this problem is far greater then you think my dear Yunho…even the council is having trouble solving this issue…there has been endless meetings here and there while I’m being pulled all direction…while you are relaxing at home, we have been busy without any rest…”

“You make it sound like it was my idea to take a temporary leave…”

“I know it was my idea but at that time we had no choice…it was an emergency that needs quick action…” said Hyori as she took a piece of paper and handed it to Yunho “…I hope you don’t mind going out to hunt right away tonight…”

Yunho took the list and grinned “of course not…it is what I was born to do…”

Hojoon and Jaejoong sat in the living room in total silence. The only noises that fill the apartment were the voices coming from the TV. Hojoon wonders what is it about this drama that is interesting to Jaejoong. He had sat here watching the past 3 episode and he’s already bored out of his mind. It’s surprising that a high class vampire like Jaejoong actually watches drama.

“I’m thirsty, can you go and grab me a cup of water” Hojoon spoke

“both of your leg isn’t broken…you can go get your own water…” spoke jaejoong as he kept his gaze at the TV

Hojoon shot him a glare “in case you did not see…one of my legs is broken and in a caste…it’s difficult to walk to the kitchen…”

“You were walking just fine earlier…”

“That’s because I have a crutch to support me..”

“Then use the same crutch and support yourself to the kitchen…”

Hojoon was starting to get annoy of Jaejoong as his anger begin to rise “go get me some water you damn vampire!”

This time jaejoong finally tear his eyes away from the TV as he turn to face Hojoon with his eyes glowing gold. This startled Hojoon as he shivers from the look in Jaejoong’s eyes. It was as if he just witness death itself. Without any warning, Jaejoong leans toward Hojoon forcing him to lean back against the couch. Once again jaejoong stood only an inch away from him.

“it seem you have misunderstood something…I’m only interested in Yunho…he is the only one I listen to and will care about…I don’t care what happens to you or anyone else for that matter….so don’t be giving out orders as if you have the right to…” Jaejoong reached out with his long slender fingers and trace it down Hojoon’s neck “if I wanted to…I could easily break this neck of yours…so be thankful that you are acquainted with Yunho otherwise I would have killed you already for using that tone of voice on me…”

Hojoon felt his whole body went numb upon the deadly look on Jaejoong’s face. This was the first time he ever seen him look so serious that it scares him stiff. This feeling of fear is the same as when he faced against MyungHee. They are indeed alike, both deadly and powerful. He could only imagine Changmin being the same way. The look in Jaejoong’s eyes only made him remember those words MyungHee had spoken to him, warning him of trusting Jaejoong. By putting all the pieces together, his target is most likely Yunho. Is he just waiting for the right moment to attack Yunho and drink all of his blood? If this was the case, he will have to protect Yunho from Jaejoong.

"you like to act like you are on our side but truthfully you aren't are you? you think you have perfectly hidden your true motive from everyone but guess what...I'm not going to be fooled by you..." Hojoon smirked

Jaejoong found this reaction from Hojoon amusing as he lean back giving him space "really now? I guess we will just have to see who is fooling who" he grinned