Ch. 25: That Person

The Breakup Full Story

HARA'S POV

"Hey! Min oppa. What took you so long?" I asked as Min arrived at the coffee shop.

"Mian, you know that today is Christmas Eve right? Your eonnie asked me ran some errands for her." He explained while panting.

"Ah.. arasso. Mianhe, for calling you out at this time." I said and gave him a smile.

"Aigoo, it's fine. Your eonnie understands. She even wanted me to invite you to celebrate Christmas Eve with us." He replied.

"Oppa, let's talk about business in some other place." I said while glancing at the person behind him.

"Wae? Something wrong?" He asked as he tried to look back.

"Anniyo! Don't look back!" I said panicking.

"Huh?" He looked puzzled.

"There is this guy looking at me closely since earlier. I can't recognize him since he is wearing thick clothes. But he is staring at me and it is getting uncomfortable already." I explained with a sigh.

"What?! Shall I confront him?" He asked agitated.

I shook my head and drag him out.

"No need to fight oppa. Eonnie will be mad once he heard you fight." I smiled as soon as we stepped out of the coffee shop.

 

"So what are your plans?" Min oppa asked.

We transferred to a pizza parlor a couple of blocks away.

"I am not sure. That's why I actually asked you to meet me." I said worried.

"The offer is good Hara-ya." He said.

"I know. But it will mean I need to go back to Korea." I said sadly.

"It's been 5 years already dongsaeng-ah. And besides, ahjumma is there. Yunho hyung will be released after a few more months right?" He asked.

"Oppa, he just entered the army." I said laughing.

"Anyway, this is a good move for your career. I wish you'd take this offer." He said seriously.

"Oppa, what if we see each other again?" I asked. Nervous.

"Then it's fate that brought you back together. You cannot run away forever. You need to face your past." He said as he patted my head.

"You've been a good friend to me Hara-ya. You even made me meet the most important woman in my life right now. I also would like to see you happy. Genuinely happy." He said warmly.

I nodded my head as I wiped the tears from my face.

"Gwenchanna. Cry all you want. Everything will be fine." He said while patting my back.

 

"JUNG HARA. CAN WE TALK?" 

I felt my heart beat fast with the familiar voice that I heard. I am afraid to look back. I am not sure if I am dreaming or if I am just hearing things.

"Hara, do you know this person?" I heard Min oppa asked sternly.

I looked around slowly and soon I met his eyes. 

That's right. It is really Kwon Jiyong.

I found myself nodding slowly.

"Do you want to speak with him?" Oppa asked.

I looked at him with uncertainty in my eyes.

"Hara, please." I heard Jiyong speak.

I found myself nodding my head.

"Arasso. Just give me a call if you need me. And my offer still stands. Let me know if you'll come later." He said as he kissed the top of my head.

As soon as he left, Jiyong took his empty seat. 

"Hi.." He nervously said.

I smiled weakly.

"How have you been?" I asked.

He cleared his throat.

"Surviving. You?" He asked.

"Surviving." I said and he laughed.

"Congratulations on Bigbang's comeback." I said.

"Oh. You knew?" He looked genuinely surprised.

"Wow, what do you think am I doing? I didn't go to temples you know." I said jokingly.

"I thought, maybe you do not wish to hear anything about me." He said as he bowed his head.

"Why would I do that? Aish, you are still as negative as ever." I said.

He just smiled.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked him.

"I am good. I just drank coffee." He replied.

"Hara.." He said as he took a deep breath.

"That guy early, who is he?" 

"Min oppa? He is my childhood friend. We lived in the same neighborhood until they migrated to Japan when he went to college." I explained.

He nodded his head.

"And he is already married." I added.

He shot me a glance and I saw how he suddenly smiled.

"Why? Are you jelous?" I teased.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Oppa, what are you saying?" I tried to avoid his eyes.

"Hara, my feelings for you didn't change at all. I missed you and I yearned to be with you again in that 5 years that we are apart." He said.

I tried to hold back my tears. I smiled and hold his hands.

"Want to go strolling with me? It's Christmas Eve afterall." I said as I smiled at him.

He smiled back.