Ch. 18: The Pageant

The Breakup Full Story

HARA'S POV

"Noona, you look horrible! Aigoo, how can we win in later?" Hyeon asked worriedly.

I am at the function hall where the early morning rehearsal will take place.

"Mian Hyeon-ah, noona is really not in her best condition today. But I will do my best." I smiled weakly at him. 

"Gwenchanna noona?" He asked and I just nodded.

"Hara did you even eat breakfast? I didn't see you in the cafe earlier." Yeo Chul oppa butted in.

"I don't have apetite. I will eat later at lunch." I answered him.

"What is wrong? You seem sad and tired." Lee Shin finally spoke up.

I shook my head and walked up to the organizers. Leaving them all puzzled and worried.

 

"Wow, haven't you heard of the word beauty rest?" I turned to my back and saw Han Mirae walking up to me along with her teammates.

"You look so horrible." She added.

I decided to ignore here. First because I am not in the mood to fight. And second, because I am not in the mood to do anything at all.

To be honest, I want to go back to Seoul in an instant. I want to just stay in my room and cry until the pain is gone. Luckily, I haven't spotted Jiyong anywhere else yet.

"Hara, walk faster and please smile. You are not attending a funeral here." I jolted the moment I heard the director yell. 

The rehearsal went well and finally, it was lunch time. I chose to stay in my room rathan than to eat with everyone else. I don't want to see Jiyong nor Kiko. 

I closed my eyes when suddenly, I heard multiple knocks in the door. It was TOP oppa.

"What do you think are you doing?" He asked annoyed.

"What?" I shot back.

"Are you skipping meals?" He asked with a raised brow.

"I will late. Later." I answered softly.

"Why?" He hissed.

"I can't see them. Oppa, Jiyong oppa and I broke up last night." I said softly. Trying to stop my own tears from falling.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked softly as he handed me his handkerchief.

I shook my head.

"I don't want to include you in our mess. You guys are friends. A close one. Let me be. I will get by." I replied.

"But we are friends as well." He countered trying to touch me.

I stepped back and bowed to him. I handed him his handkerchief.

"Thank you..for everything." I added and I closed the door to my room.

I tried hard no to cry anymore. The pageant is happening tonight and I don't want to look even more wasted.

I finally went out of the room an hour oast lunch time.

I saw lesser people in the cafeteria and Jiyong and Kiko is nowhere to be seen.

I was eating peacefully when I heard her speak.

"So... I heard you guys broke up. Again." 

I looked back to see Kiko and CL walking up to me. Both with a smirk on their faces.

"I can't believe he will still defend me like this. Maybe.. he is still in love with me?" She smiled. "That's good then. Since I really plan on us getting back together." She whispered in my ear and I tried my best not to slap her hard.

"You don't suit each other. I mean, no offense Hara-ah. But GD oppa belongs to someone who can match up to him. Sadly, it is not you." CL added.

I was stunned with both anger and humiliation.

I wasn't able to move nor talk since everything happened fastly.

I suddenly felt so ugly and insecure. I lost confidence to participate in the pageant.

I decided to ditch the whole MT.

I packed my bags and texted sajangnim telling him about a sudden emergency.

I cannot be with the 3 of them at the same place.

I know leaving is cowardly. But I felt the need to protect my heart from so much hurting.

 

I rode a bus home. Luckily, I was able to spot one leaving just in time.

Suddenly, I felt nausaeus and dizzy.

I tried to relax on my seat but I can't. I wanted to throw up.

"Agassi, gwenchanna?" An old woman asked me as she noticed my discomfort.

"I want to throw up. I feel dizzy." I replied weakly.

"Aigoo! There is a hospital 2 bus stations away from here. Please hold it in. Here drink some water first." She said worriedly as she handed me a bottle of water.

She massaged my temples while waiting for the bus to arrive near the hospital area.

"Shall I accompany you?" She asked as we are almost reaching. I shook my head. I feel a little bit better to be honest.

"Alright. Here is the best stop. The hosipital is that while building at the back." She pointed and I just nodded.

 

I reached the hospital after so much trouble.

I fainted as soon as I entered the door.

 

I woke up with the smell medicine and strong cleaning solutions. I glanced around and saw that I am in a hospital. Suddenly, a doctor entered the room. I adjusted my self to get seated properly. 

"Good evenning to you." He smiled.

"Good evening doctor." I smiled weakly. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"A bit dizzy. But better than earlier."

"Good." He answered as he adjusted the fluids.

"Is there something wrong with me?" I asked nervously.

"Have you been skipping on meals recently?" He asked and I nodded.

"Your husband? Where is he?" He suddenly asked.

"Eh? Husband?" I asked bewildered.

"You don't have one? I see." He looked shocked but he smiled.

"Congratulations. You are 1 month pregnant." 

I froze and suddenly remembered the last time that Jiyong and I did it.

It was exactly a month ago.

When we got back together.

He said I was pregnant.

But I am alone now.

Jiyong oppa and I broke up.

What do hell should I do?

I just find myself nodding and the doctor left.

I am so confused.

And afraid.

But excited.

What is going to happen to me?