Ch. 1: The Day After I Said Goodbye

The Breakup Full Story

A/N: Please read "The Break Up" first before reading this chapter. You can find it in the list of stories that I wrote. Thank you for those who encouraged me to write a full fic. I am almost done with my other fic, "The Past". Please read it as well.

----------------------------

HARA'S POV

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head. I slept while crying last night after I sent Jiyong my breakup message. Thinking about him brings tears in my eyes. I cannot believe that our love story will turn out this bitter. I have loved him so much that the pain of seeing him still in love with Kiko kills me.

I walk my way to the bathroom to freshen up. Even I was scared of my own reflection. My eyes are puffy and my nose still red from crying. Hair is dishiveled and I am still wearing the shirt that I wore yesterday. 

I stepped inside the shower to freshen up myself. As the water flow from my head down my face, my tears flowed along as well. I can still remeber the time when he was still courting me. He was so sweet and gentle. 

We met when I went to YG as a management trainee. I am in my last year of college and as part of my curriculum, I had to work for a certain period of time and be evaluated in return.

I was so happy that YG Entertainment accepted my application. I was set to work there for 4 months. On my first day of work, I met Kwon Jiyong. We started out as friends and he was like a good oppa to me.

He will bring me lunch always and we will spend lunch in the rooftop of the building. Away from the eyes of many. We will talk about certain things. From my dreams and his dreams, his family and my family, his career and my schooling.

At night we would spend most of the time talking at each other on the phone. He was the first and last person who would text me everyday. Our was pure happiness. 

His proposal came in at my 3rd month in YG. We went to Han River at around midnight with some beer and chicken. It was a Saturday night and most of the people there are lovers enjoying the night view.

It was a pretty chilly night and I forgot to bring my jacket with me. I told him I'm cold but instead of giving me his jacket, he embraced me from the back. He told me that from now on, he'd like to be my jacket. Always protecting me and keeping me warm. He told me he loved me. And he would like me to be his girl.

It was the happiest day of my life. I am just a simple girl and I live a simple life. I always study all the time and this is the first time that I've been confesed with. It was pure bliss. My heart is pounding rapidly from excitement. I faced him and looked at him straight in the eye. I love him. And I will forever love him. 

He took my first kiss that night.

I smiled bitterly at the memories. That love is a lie. I shouldn't have believed him. I turned the shower off and dried myself. I need to prepare myself to work. 

YG BUILDING.

This is where everything started. I took a deep breath and put on my sunglasses before going inside. After I finished my diploma, Yg sajangnim offered me a permanent job in his company. Of course he knows that I am Jiyong's girlfriend. I accepted the job wholeheartedly. I need it for my future and it was a good thing to be around Jiyong all the time.

I am working as part of the marketing and sponsorship department. I usually deal with possible sponsors for YG artists- from CF, concert, album or movie sponsorship, I handle them all along with my team. They say that my team is the life of YG.

"Good morning Ms. Hara! You look so lovely in the morning." 

I was greeted by Han Yeo Chul. He is one of the account associates in my team. At a very young age, sajangnim entrusted me with this very important team. I also have 2 more associates and 1 secretary who handles the paperworks. 

"Yaaah team leader-nim, you look cool!" Lee Jun Hyeok suddenly chimmed in. 

I just smiled at both of them. To be honest, I am the youngest of the team. My 4 associates are already at 28-30 years old, all guys. At first, Jiyong is a bit jelous since I am around guys most of the time. Least the fact that my teammates are all handsome in their own ways.

Yeo chul looks like Seongyul of Infinite. Even his actions are similar to him. Very choding like.

Jun Hyeo is a playboy type, he takes after Lee Hongki of FT Island. He is very sweet and caring but is close to all girl employees in YG.

"Where is Lee Shin and Choi Hyeon?" I asked as I sat down my table. "We have a meeting in 10 minutes." I told them with my 'I am the boss' voice.

"Shin hyeong is in the talent management office. He is just checking Seungri's schedule for a while. I think he is close to closing a CF deal for him." Yeo Chul answered.

"Choi Hyeon.."

"Is here. Coffee for you team leader." I glanced up and saw the smiling face of Choi Hyeon.

He is the maknae of the team and is 1 year younger than me. 

"I am not late. Ask them. I just bought your favorite coffee before our meeting." He added defensively.

I smiled at him. "Gumawo.." I said as I took a sip of my iced coffee.

"But noona.." He said and I hissed. 

We are really close like a family, but inside the office I want them to treat me like their boss and I want to treat them equally without bias as well.

"I mean teamleader, are you really fine? You look pale today." Hyeon asked worriedly.

"Gwenchanna." I said shortly while opening my laptop.

"I texted you last night but you didn't reply. Did you sleep early?" Yeo Chul asked.

"Ah..my phone. I left it at home. Probably the battery drained." I told him mentally slapping myself. My phone is so important. How can I turn it off for so long. I even forgot to bring it today.

"Aigoo noona. How can Jiyong hyeong contact you if you are that unreacheable." Hyeon commented.

Hearing his name brought a stab of pain in my heart. I looked at them and removed my sunglasses.

"Jiyong and I, we broke up." I told them while pretending to fix the pappers in my table.

"You what??" The three of them shouted loud.

"Why? Why? Why?" Suddenly, I saw Shin oppa running towards our side.

"Hyeong! They broke up! Noona and Jiyong hyeong broke up!" Hyeon said frantically.

"Why? Did she cheat on you? That guy deserves some beating alright." Shin oppa said while working on his knuckles. 

I chuckled at them. "I am fine. He didn't cheat okay. Couples break up like that. I am fine. Don't scold him for me alright? If I heard you talk to him behind my back, believe me I will leave you all and resign. Arasso?" I raised my eyebrow to them.

I don't want Jiyong to look bad in their eyes. This is Jiyong's original family. He stayed in YG longer than I have been and i don't want to ruin his relationship with them because of me.

"Common! Move! Move! Let's start the meeting now alright?" I said pushing them to the conference room.

 

"Alright so by next week, I am expecting that all deliverables are confirmed already. After the endorsement project for Bigbang members, we need to work on with the sponsorship for iKon's upcomming debut. Arasso?" I asked the team.

"Deh. They all answered." 

I went out of the conference room and went directly to sajangnim's office to report.

"Good morning Hara-ssi. You do not look well today." Sajangnim commented as I took my seat. 

"I am not feeling too well today sajangnim." I answered while handing him the folder containing my report.

"Hmmm.. this is good. Your team managed to secure CF deals with Bigbang. The fee is in good shape too." He nods as he reads the report.

"Ah by the way, have you seen Jiyong already?" He asked after sometime. I shook my head in response.

"He went to Japan straightaway. A friend of him invited him to a gallery in Japan. He is there to give support." He said.

"Ah sajangnim." I tried to get his attention.

"Waeyo?" He asked as he put down the folder and looked at me closely.

"Jiyong and I, we already broke up." I told him and bowed my heard. Trying to keep the tears from falling down.

"Ehh? Why? Jiyong didn't mention anything about it when I gad a talk with him yesterday." He looked shocked. He handed me a tissue box. I wiped my tears.

"I broke up with him just last night." I said while composing myself.

"Can I ask why?" He asked carefully.

I smiled bitterly at him. "I think it would be better if you ask Jiyong directly." I stood up and bowed to him before leaving.

 

I went to the rooftop to get some fresh air. My mind and heart is still preoccupied by Jiyong. I sat down and closed my eyes. Trying to feel the wind brushing in my face. I let the tears escape my eyes.

"I wonder who makes you sad this early."

I was surprised with the voicre beside me.

It was TOP.

I wiped the tears in my eyes and smiled at me.

"Good morning TOP-ssi." I said politely and he just smacker me in the head.

"Aww." I said while patting the injured part.

"Oppa, why do you have to do that all the time?" I looked at him and asked.

"Why are you crying?" He asked totally ignoring my whinning.

"Who told you I am crying?" I said trying to deny the truth.

This time he pinched my cheek hard.

"Ahhhhhhh" i shouted until he released my cheek.

"What the hell is wrong with you oppa!!" I said trying to massage the part that he pinched so hard.

"Now you have an instant blush on." He said a laugh out loud.

I looked at him annoyed.

"Are you a choding?" I asked.

"Deh. What will you do now?" He asked teasingly.

I raised my hand and pinched both of his cheeks hard.

"Yaaaaaah!! Ah..ah..ah..." I let him go as soon as I saw him kneeling in the ground in pain. It was my turn to laugh loud.

He stood up to catch me but I ran as far as I can. We've been running in circles and I got tired already.

"Stop! Time out." I shouted panting.

"Let's stop now. Oppa, I am sorry. I will just buy you some icecream. Call?" I smiled at him.

"Call! Kaja dongsaeng!" He reached out to me and placed his hand on my shoulders.

I felt protected.