My Heart Choose You

My Heart Choose You | Collection of BaekYeon Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Heart Choose You

“Wait, Fany, I think I left my phone at the practice room.” Taeyeon said as they both halted at their spot after Taeyeon release a loud gasp before. “You sure you left it there?” Tiffany asked and Taeyeon nods her head as she checked her pockets, trying to find her phone but of course, there’s none there. Tiffany sighed and has the urge to nag Taeyeon for being forgetful but at the same time, is too tired to do anything so she just nods her head, “Fine, you go and get your phone. I’ll tell the manager about it.”

Taeyeon smiles to her best friend who she knows she could count on and wave at her before she darted and leave the place. They were already in the lobby and her practice room is on the 10th floor and she knows it would be faster to go by stairs instead of elevator – since the building have more than 20 floors and usually the elevator is packed by staffs or trainees - but she didn’t want to because she was so drained from the practice. Since 2011 is almost ending, and her group has a big comeback this year, they also need to practice some special – and not to mention, new – stages to wrap up the busy year.

Tapping her shoes against the hard surface of the floor, Taeyeon impatiently waits for the elevator to come down. Seven, six, five, four, three, two and… one, she thought as she smiles when the elevator door opens up, revealing a lot of people – mostly staffs – getting out from the elevator. Taeyeon – who was wearing her hoodie over her head walk in, and just as she was about to touch the ‘close’ button, a boy came in running and took her off guard. He was panting and once he was inside, he quickly tap the button repeatedly and taps the floor impatiently.

Taeyeon look at her in amusement but then decides to ignore it as she presses the ‘10th floor’ and the boy looks at her, scanning her from head to toe and his eyes fell on her face again and his pupils enlarged when he finally notices who she is. He quickly bows – almost 90° and she was also shocked by his action. “Ah, Sunbae-nim, hello. I-I didn’t notice it w-was you.” He stuttered a little and Taeyeon smiles as she lowers her head and nods – a greeting. “It’s okay, you know. You don’t have to greet me like that.” Taeyeon said even though the last sentence was hushed into whispers.

“You’re a trainee, right?” She asked him and the boy nods his head. “I would debut soon though. I’m pretty sure Sunbae heard of the new project EXO that SM will release next year? Yeah, I’m a part of it.” He said, and his face shown sign of excitement, pride and joy. “I think I heard it… I don’t know. I’ve been too busy keeping up with my own schedule to know what’s been happening in the company.” She said with a chuckle and he smiles. “I’m a big fan of Sunbae.” He said and Taeyeon smiles at him.

She was not really surprised, she has so many fanboys out there in the idol world, and him being a trainee and a fan of her doesn’t really amuse her that much. She still likes the idea of him being a fan of her however. “Thank you, I get that a lot. I guess not many people can resist my charm, can’t they?” Taeyeon and wink at him, right at the moment when the elevator door opens. Taeyeon walks out first and thought the boy is still there, but then she notices the boy follows her closely from behind.

“You’re going here too?” She asked him and he nods his head before he answers her, “Yes, of course. Since I’m about to debut my coach told me to practice my vocal here instead. It’s really a mood booster and I’m even more eager to do the practice.” The boy said cheerfully and Taeyeon nods her head along with his words. But then she notices something weird, “Vocal practice here?” She asked him and he nods his head before he asks her, unsure, “Yeah, of course, the 11th floor for vocal practice, right?”

Taeyeon can’t help but laugh at the boy who is of course, dumb-founded by her acts. “Right now, we’re on the 10th floor, don’t you see the number in the elevator?” She asked him, still amused by his clumsy act. Baekhyun want to deny that she’s right and he’s wrong but after seeing the sign of ‘dance room’, his face turns red as he tries to hide his embarrassment. “I suggest you take up the stairs, you already miss the elevator. Good luck on your practice.” Taeyeon said as she opens the door to one of the rooms.

She halted half-way though when she saw that the boy is still in the same spot. She turns around to faces him and calls out at him. The boy faces her in an instant. “Can I know what your name is?” Taeyeon asked and she swears his face turns even redder at her question – well, it’s not like she ask a trainee’s name every time she meet them, this is one of the special occasion. “It’s Baekhyun, Sunbae. Byun Baekhyun.” The boy said and smiles brightly. Taeyeon smiles back at him gently.

“Let’s meet again the day you debut, Baekhyun-ah!” Taeyeon sing-song before she enters the room, leaving the boy alone in the hallway – thinking of how amazing it was that Taeyeon even ask for his name. Taeyeon returns to the car about 5 minutes later – because she was waiting for the elevator – with a big smile plastered on her face and all the members look at her suspiciously, but anyway, none of them dare to ask what made her this happy. Little did they know, it was because of the boy, Baekhyun.

--

“Hey, yeah, geudaeyo twinkle nareul bwa! Hey~” Taeyeon sings powerfully, trying her best not to crack her high note and fortunately succeed in doing so. Today, someday in May on 2012, the group’s sub unit – TTS – is holding a practice session for their live performance. It was really hard and exhausting too. Since the unit is based on the main vocals, they need to showcase their vocals too, hence why the song has so many high notes and powerful notes too – and it makes hurts, really.

“You’ve all done good today. I hope you guys will try harder next time, though. You guys can’t slack off, since this is going to be your debut all over again and of course, we want it to have a good response.” The coach said and the three girls nod their head before applause break the rather tense situation, and the coach left the room. “God, I seriously feel like fainting. I can’t believe we still have another practice at 2.” Tiffany whines and Seohyun nods along to her, agreeing about the complaint.

Taeyeon could only sigh. She too, was tired but she couldn’t really complain – the sub unit is all on her favor anyway.  “I’m going out, girls. I will be back before 2, okay?” Taeyeon said, as she walk over and grab her jacket and wear it before she leaves the practice room. Taeyeon looks around at the other practice room, and find most of it empty, except one certain room. Looking at who is inside, Taeyeon smiles to herself unconsciously when she found out it was Baekhyun.

He was all alone, only with a music sheet on his hands as he closes his eyes and sings – Taeyeon guesses that it was one of his songs, since EXO, his group has debut just recently on April. She has been extremely supportive of the younger group but has never got the chance to talk to Baekhyun again since the last time they met – since both is extremely busy, and even if she did meet him at the cramped elevator, she couldn’t talk to him. Taeyeon opens the door and slid in.

She could saw how Baekhyun stop singing when he hears the door locks open and turns his head to the door, apparently, he was shocked to see Taeyeon there with a smile on her face. She comes in without any word, closing the door behind her before she took a sit right beside him. “Baekhyun-ah, it’s been a long time.” She said and Baekhyun’s face flushed red. “Sunbae, why are you here?” He asked her and she shrugs. “I don’t know, my mind just told me to go in because I see you here and maybe to ask you if you want to go out for lunch.” Taeyeon said with a smile, “So… want to have lunch together?”

“Yeah, of course, I’m on break. Just a minute.” Baekhyun said instantly and then he gathers his things and pack up. Taeyeon watches in amusement, somehow Baekhyun remind her of the time when she’s still a trainee. “Come on, Sunbae.” Baekhyun said as he stood up and Taeyeon followed him. They went down to the main floor, and went out of the building. The two are currently heading to a sushi restaurant that’s just around the corner. “It’s a new place but the food is really good.” Baekhyun said.

It turns out to be true. Both of them talks, mostly with Taeyeon asking how he’s doing and giving him some advices as he was still trainee. At the other moment, it was her flirting indirectly with him. It’s not her fault that he was so cute though. Taeyeon can’t help but feel quite attracted to him even more. There’s just something about Baekhyun – maybe it’s the way he looks at her like she’s his queen, maybe it’s the way he laughs at her jokes, or the way he seriously looks at her as if he was staring right into her soul when she’s giving him advices – and that thing makes her feel comfortable, maybe more than that.

“Baekhyun-ah, have you ever thought about dating?” She asked him and he was flustered to hear the question. “Uh, no. I mean, as a trainee, I think I need to put aside my relationshi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter