Ice Cream, You Scream pt. I

My Heart Choose You | Collection of BaekYeon Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ice Cream, You Scream {1/2}

Ice cream, those two words can literally light up Taeyeon’s world as easy as walking around in the park. She likes every flavor of it, from the ordinary flavor like chocolate or vanilla, to fruit flavor like strawberry, mango and the others, to the mixed flavor like berries or popcorn, to the latest trend of flavor which is green tea.

Every bit of it, she enjoys the most. Ice cream is probably the food that she always treasures. It helps her when she gets stressed, it lightens up her mood when she’s having a bad day, and it totally make the situation merrier when she’s happy. Her house mate, Yoona, had once told her it was bad for her health and had tried to stop the girl from eating too much ice cream.

The result of Yoona’s tries? Well, what can you expect from an ice cream monster like Taeyeon? The girl keep annoy Yoona and all, only to make the girl let her eat some ice cream. As Yoona have said before, Taeyeon was crazy for ice cream. What’s so good about them? Only Taeyeon would know the secret.

Taeyeon had always liked to go to this café where they serve so many ice cream flavors other than coffees and some cakes. Not only the ice cream there tastes like a heaven, but the waiters were also very… good looking. It was a good sight to refresh her eyes after looking at her laptop screen without any end though.

There is this one waiter that had captures her eyes since the first time she went there, but she never had the guts to talk to him, or ask him out or something else anyway. Yet, she definitely has this small crush on the good-looking waiter.

--

Oh goodness, this must have been her lucky days again. For the very first time since she visits the café, it was the first time for her to see that certain waiter as the cashier. And that means, she probably can check him out more – or not – or at least get to know his name – that if possible, if not then she can just check the tag on his uniform.

The line was quite long, so she takes out her phone from the pocket of her ripped jeans and surf the internet first, and to talk to one of her best friend, Irene, which is now studying abroad. It was such a pity because Irene was a very good friend and also, she likes to hang out to grab some ice cream with her.

And after some minutes passes, without the girl actually notice she was already in front of the line yet she was still busy with her phone on her own world. Yet she finally regain some senses when she hears someone clear it throat and looks up only to greeted by a – teasing – warm smile of the cashier.

“Can I take your order, Miss?” The waiter asked and Taeyeon feels like her world stops as soon as he heard the soft voice of the waiter. , if his voice was as good as this and if she ever going to listen to it every day, she’s going to melt at some point.

“I want a green tea flavored ice cream and the cream cake with extra topping of hot chocolate, please.” Taeyeon finally said and the waiter smile at her before he type something and then shout the exact same order as Taeyeon to one of his co worker whose name is ‘Wendy’, which Taeyeon ,manage to hear earlier. So, here she was, getting into some awkward situation with her so-called crush.

“Seems like you space out earlier, uh?” The waiter and Taeyeon of course, didn’t know what to say so she just laughed at the other words. She was embarrassed but at the same time, it feels good to know that she was able to make a conversation with the waiter even if it was all about her clumsiness.

“Y-yeah, I’m busy with my phone.” Taeyeon stuttered and fake a laugh, the waiter seems to notice how shy she is and decide to just keep quiet. But his style of keep quiet was the same as staring at her, it made her even shyer and she’s totally uncomfortable. Bless a girl who suddenly come from the kitchen, with a messy hair, and messy clothes too but goodness, the girl was so pretty. Is she his girlfriend? Taeyeon felt kinda jealous but is there even any reason for her to feel it?

“Hey, Oppa.” The girl greets as she half-hugging her ‘crush’. The boy looks happy and smiles before he ruffles the girl hair. So, it really seems like the girl was his girlfriend.

“Hey, you baby.” He greeted back. Well, , even he calls the girl as ‘baby’. She had always think that she has chance with him but it just crush like that. Well, she’s not that sure too if they are lovers or not and she tries to make herself believe that they are not. The girl then release her hug and then waves at him – and he waves back – before disappearing once again to the kitchen.

The waiter turns around to face her again and he seems to notice the displeasure on Taeyeon’s face and start to spoke up. “In case you are wondering, she’s not my girlfriend. She’s my brother’s girlfriend’s sister. Complicated, I know but simply, she’s my friend and… co-worker. Plus, she’s 5 years younger than me so no way will I date her.” Well, Taeyeon somehow was in joy after his words. So, they are not lovers which mean she still has her chance.

“I see…” She muttered. And there, they got back to their awkward position. The waiter keep staring at her with those beautiful and sparkling eyes of him and Taeyeon tries her best to seem like she didn’t notice it.

That until another girl who seems like her age, have chocolate and light brown hair suddenly enters and hit the waiter so hard that he screams. No matter how much the girl looks pretty, there is no way that she was his girlfriend or at least that was what Taeyeon thought.

“BYUN BAEKHYUN, STOP FLIRTING AND DO YOUR

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter