Grades And Dates

My Heart Choose You | Collection of BaekYeon Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grades And Dates

“Baekhyun…” Taeyeon calls out but the boy ignores her, his eyes fixated on the screen, his hands wandering around the joystick he’s holding. “Baek, we still need to finish your papers!” She shouted while Baekhyun only mutters a ‘5 more minutes’. Taeyeon sighed; she bets he will fail the class if he keeps acting like this. Baekhyun’s grades dropped the last exam, which is right when the new soccer game has launched. Baekhyun has quit being the school’s soccer team captain for some various reasons – saying he needs to study more, and focus on graduating.

But his reasons didn’t go as planned. Baekhyun spends his weekend playing the game all day until Taeyeon needs to drag him out of his room. “Baekhyun, what if you fail again?” Her voice was stern and Baekhyun’s smile turns into a frown in a matter of second. “Come on, Tae. I need some game to release my stress.” Baekhyun answers and the girl sigh.

“And that’s what you’ve been doing all day, come on, we need to finish your papers. You know, I might break up with you if you fail the next exam.” Those words make him turn around as fast as he could. “WAIT WHAT- THAT’S UNFAIR!” He shouted and she shrugs, too innocent for him – to think she is threatening him with a very bad threat, as if there’s no other thing to say to him. “I’m not being unfair, you are. I’m tutoring you for free but hey, you won’t even listen to me!” She says, hands in the air, hair is a mess, frustrated crossed her face.

“Okay, I’m sorry. But oh come on, I’m your boyfriend, of course, it’s free.” He said, but the girl only rolled her eyes. “I make Luhan pay for me when I tutor him.” And with that Baekhyun’s eyes widen. God, his girlfriend is so sadistic.

“But hey, it’s not fair to threaten me only. There should be a prize for me.” Baekhyun said and she chuckles lowly. “Your life revolves around prizes, isn’t it?” She said, and he knows that she means his latest prize of ‘scoring 2 goals on the match’. “What kind of prize then?” She asked again and he shrugs, “Anything that fit the both of us. Good for you and enough of my hard work’s worth.” Taeyeon raises her eyebrow. What kind of prize will satisfy the both of them?

“Maybe it involves taking me somewhere-” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon rolled her eyes. Is this a hint? Well, Taeyeon was convinced it is. “Are you hinting me to take you on a date?” She asks and Baekhyun breaks into a goofy smile and nods like a puppy. She only scoffed – in a joking manner, of course. “Now then if you pass all of it, I would. Don’t worry for our 1st ‘special’ date, it will be on me.” She said and he cheered, hands in the air and screaming some ‘whoo whoo’ for special effect and she rolls her eyes.

“Now let me tutor you properly; I mean for you to study properly and actually rather than breaking up with you I got a lesser hard punishment if you fail the exam.” She said in he , “What kind?” The smirk he has on his face says more of it. “Stop thinking about impossible things, you erted boy!” She said, throwing a crumpled paper on his face. “The punishment will be me blocking your number for a week, no calls, no texts, no chats, no voicemail-” “Will you ignore my real presence too?” He asks and she shrugs. “I will consider that one, but maybe yes…” She said and he sighs. Tough luck he has.

--

It was the last day of the exam. The week has been a mess, frustrating and such on. Baekhyun was much stressed of course, some of the tests are very hard for him – but it seems like it was as easy as feather for Taeyeon. That girl was smart, very intelligent in her own ways. Baekhyun has been thinking about cheating but every time he thinks about it, Taeyeon’s nag about honesty and such appears in his mind and it made him forgets his intention. ‘That’s bad; honesty is the number one rule in almost everything we do. You know, cheating is no good, Baek. And plus, there’s much of loss from it and it could bring trouble to you also’ and that’s also how Baekhyun ends up get nagged – in a very long speech of hers.

Another thing that was on his hate list was it was English this time, very good for him that it was the last out of the 10 subjects. But he still pretty much at it, and he… found it very hard. He know he will get nagged by Taeyeon though, the girl pretty much stay up until 3 AM only to teach him this and that about English – and that makes her stay in his place for the ‘night’. He remembers how much she put on a powder to cover up the dark circles under his eyes and now he felt so guilty about it.

But more than anything, Baekhyun was pissed off by his other classmate that sits right behind him. Not really classmate but still, a student from his year. The girl sighs every 20 seconds – yes, Baekhyun counts after her 15th sigh – and she also punches the table, mumbling incoherent words every now and then, blabbering and ranting about how ‘I study all night and I ing read this thing, why can’t I remember the answer?’. The thing that pisses him off the most was how she keeps kicking HIS chair, yes, not the table of hers but his chair, and of course Baekhyun also got included as the victim if that’s the case.

The girl was also scary because she seems to be summoning for some supernatural force or just a demon to be honest. The way she draw some circle on the table and the way she keeps touching her face while saying some Greek – or what seems to be Greek – words, makes him suspicious. She seems to be out of her mind and whatever she does also makes him feels like he was also out of his mind. A chain reaction it seems, a loss to him it seems also. And he was worried for his own because maybe he really should have study English more. Now, he feel like asking someone already, trying to make them translate the words which also means indirectly giving out the answer.

“Okay, time to submit the papers! No extra time will be given, I’ve done that for many classes already and beside, this is the last subject! Come on guys, submit it already!” Those words feel like a devil’s whisper to his ears – or maybe it was – and he groaned. 10/40 questions was done rather carelessly, he didn’t even know if he got the other 30 right. English is never his strength though. He did well just earlier when it was Science – Physics – but he just straightly at English. He sighs once more.

--

He sits down before opening the bottle and in the midst of gulping down the water, Baekhyun found himself choking when he saw her walking toward him. No, he’s not ready. What if she asks him about his English test? He’s not ready to die yet or to suffer from a long nagging and some kind of random speech from his one and only girlfriend – that he loves to the moon and back, except at how she acts like a mother to him at times. “Baek!” His name getting called out means she notices him. , what should he do now? Baekhyun has no idea so he was in the midst of ‘fine, I’ll die anyway’ phase now.

“Uhm- yeah, I mean, hey, Taeng! Great now that I could see you up close!” He wants to slap himself badly for putting such bad words into one sentence which can makes him look rathe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter