Late Night

My Heart Choose You | Collection of BaekYeon Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Late Night

The sound of the glass clinking and foot shuffling on the floor wakes Taeyeon up. Pushing her bangs up with her slender fingers weakly, her eyes flutters open slowly and look around. Her gaze then landed on the clock which hung on the wall. Her mind was still a blur, but she won’t blame herself when she knows it was 2 in the morning. She turns around; of course the warmth on the bed is gone already when she saw that no one is beside her. Baekhyun, he must have been up again. Taeyeon sighed, trying to drag her body down from the bed and goes to the living room.

Just like what she expected, her lover was there, a cup of something warm in his hand while he read some kind of magazine or it might have been newspaper – Taeyeon couldn’t see clearly, her mind is still foggy and so is her sight. She didn’t utter any word, her foot just drag her to the couch that Baekhyun is sitting on and then she plop down right beside him. The guy only look to his side and when his eyes met with hers, his gaze shifted to the cup he’s holding. “Are you awake because of me?” He asked and Taeyeon hum softly before she leans in, and rest her head on his shoulder.

“I’m sorry to wake you up so early in the morning.” He says and she chuckles softly at his words. “It’s not even morning yet. It’s still late, it still count as midnight maybe.” She mutters. Her voice is so soft and thin that maybe when a hard wind passes by, no one could hear her. “No, I’m seriously sorry, Tae. I- other times, if I wake you up then just go to sleep again.” Baekhyun says, intertwining his hands with hers to keep her warm. She snuggles closer to him and no one says a word.

Baekhyun took a sip of his chocolate at some seconds, and Taeyeon sometimes also took a sip when she feels getting dry. “I can’t just let you be out here alone, when I know you are cold and you’re stressed. If ever, just lean on me for the support and don’t try to fight it alone, Baek.” Taeyeon says, tightening her grip on him as she smiles tenderly to the guy. Her bangs fall messily into place after the cold air brushed against her hair. Some flies, making it even messier than it already is.

Baekhyun simply tidy her hair, yet didn’t utter any word to the girl. “Sometimes, I just need space to be alone.” He says, his words may offend the girl now but he never intends so. He just wants her to not be bothered by him, to act like it was all alright. “You already have too much of your space for being alone. At times, I need to invade your space so it could be equal, so you wouldn’t have too much misery or too much bother.” Taeyeon answers softly, her eyes shifted from their hands to his eyes.

“I won’t let you be alone, Baek. I know that all these hardships that you’ve gone through are giving you a hard time and that’s normal. But maybe, I just want you to not make it seems like I’m not here for you.” Taeyeon continues and Baekhyun sighs. He knows she was right, she always is right. And he was lucky to have her because she made the path on his life, without her, he would be in the middle of nowhere it seems. “The accident… it might give you trauma, or stress, but just, relieve it all.”

She the back of his hands and he only nods. “Tell me your problem, Baek. J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter