Aisle

My Heart Choose You | Collection of BaekYeon Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aisle

Being a single mom is hard for most people. But seeing a kid growing up is probably one of the most dreams for a grown up female. Taeyeon is one of them. So when she knows she can’t have a kid, Taeyeon cries all day and all night. Well, it’s not her worry anymore since she has another option to have a kid, adopting one. That’s how now she has a kid, being a single mom to her but still takes care of her at it best. Yoona is her name, and Taeyeon loves her so much.

"Come on, Yoona. We need to get going now." Taeyeon said as she extends her hand for her kid to hold onto. Taeyeon smiled at her as she ruffles the kid's hair before the two walk out of the house.

It was a peaceful walk to the grocery store. It was almost evening, the sun is almost setting down, so there is light but not enough to burn her skin like it did at noon. It was a peaceful walk, until Yoona say a thing about a sensitive topic, one she doesn't want to talk about.

"Mom, today I learn about family, at school." Yoona said and Taeyeon froze, she stops walking forward and then looks down on her kid. She felt guilty, she knows if she wants to adopt a kid she should at least be married to someone, or else just like how Yoona is now, and the kid only has a single parent.

It was a good thing that Yoona knows she was adopted since before, but she never knows why Taeyeon is single. Not like Yoona needs to know of what happen on her past, the truth is just too cruel and she doesn't want it to be revealed to her kid, to her most precious thing in this world.

"I know that Mom don't like it when I bring this up... but I envy those who have a father, Mom." Yoona said and Taeyeon sighed. She knows where it will be going and she doesn't like it. But it's not like she can just ignore her kid like that, right?

"Yoona..." "Why don't I have one too?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon felt a pain on her heart. She wants to tell Yoona that the kid once have a father - even if it means before she was adopted - but how would she tell it to her kid when now Taeyeon doesn't even know where her ex lover is?

Ex husband, to be honest. Because she once married.

"Because Mom is enough for you. Having a father won't mean you will have a better life. Your life is better because there is none." Taeyeon said and Yoona pouted. The kid was just envious of the other kids who can run around with their father.

Her friend likes to share their stories about their father and from the stories, Yoona knows that having a father would make her life even more complete than before, but why does her mother say the opposite thing? Aren't fathers supposed to go well with mothers?

Taeyeon knows her kid is spacing out on her thoughts, probably still about the parents thing and she sighed. She feels guilty but she can't change it either. It is way too long of a time to change it all over again. It is too much; the pain is also too much whenever she wants to remember what happen on the past.

Taeyeon only tugs her kid, Yoona looking up at her and the adult only nods before she walks forward once again, continuing their walk to the store. The mood feel sour for her after the talk, one she never wants to have ever again but also one she knows she can't block and it's never going to be Yoona that she blames, but herself.

It was silent all the way to the store, Taeyeon has a small smile on her face, as if it was to convince Yoona that she's not mad at the young girl, but she was silent. She didn't utter a word or two, and just walk ahead. The two feel so distance at the moment, and no one is to blame.

Yoona is just a kid, and she didn't know the pain her mother have gone through.

While Taeyeon is a mother whose pain still didn't left the heart, carved on it and that's it.

The store bells rings as Taeyeon pushed the glass door, and the two of them come inside the store. Taeyeon only nods at the welcome from the worker, a typical thing of course it is. Yoona runs to the snack bar, as always and Taeyeon could only shake her head.

She didn't need much, maybe just two or three of kitchen things so she could make barbeque for the night, since it's actually Yoona's birthday. That's also why she tries not to get mad at the young kid.

After grabbing the things she needs, Taeyeon calls out for Yoona but she heard no answer. The store is rather big, not as small as the one near her house but also not as big as the mall's market. Taeyeon is worried, of course. Who wouldn't be worried if their kid seems to be missing from their own sight?

"Yoona!" Taeyeon called out again. Yoona was nowhere to be found at the snack bar. Her pace got faster, her worries build more and she makes a sharp turn, to the candy and sweets bar and Taeyeon sighs in relief.

Yoona was there. Picking the candy and talking with a... guy.

"Yoona." Taeyeon called out and Yoona turns around and the kid eyes' brighten, before she runs toward Taeyeon and hug her. Taeyeon breathe in relief, at least the kid is not missing. She looked up only for the pain on her heart to reappears.

"Baek..."

"Taeyeon?"

"What are you doing here?" She asked first, and he looks at her weirdly before he gives her a shrug.

"What else do you think I'm doing on a grocery store?" He asked but she shook her head. She didn't mean it that way, but in a way of 'why is he in South Korea'.

"No. I mean, aren't you supposed to be in Japan?" She asked and his eyes tell her that he's guilty, of the past that surround the two of them.

"I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter