Number 39

My Heart Choose You | Collection of BaekYeon Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Number 39

“Actually it’s no fun when it’s only the two of us, you know.” Tiffany said and Taeyeon rolled her eyes. The two were hanging out; Tiffany was waiting for Chanyeol – their other friend – to come while Taeyeon was waiting for Luhan to finish his practice.

“Just admit it, you want to see Chanyeol badly, you know practically with him running around with his hair up showing his oh-so glorious forehead and there his sweat makes him look so y and-” “Ew, Taeyeon. I don’t like Chanyeol, okay? I just say that he practically light up the mood between us. Admit it; he’s the actual gossiper out of the three of us.” Tiffany cut Taeyeon off from her long- blabbering.

“Well, I do agree on it.” Taeyeon said and both let out chuckles, right before Taeyeon’s phone ringed. “Just a minute, okay?” She asked and Tiffany nods. Taeyeon then answer the call, as it was from Luhan’s friend. Why Luhan’s friend would call her?

“Noona!” The other line shouted and Taeyeon was a bit taken aback but manage to hum anyway. “You should come to the medical unit, Luhan was there! He got some serious-” She quickly hang up before she turns around to Tiffany.

“I’m sorry, Fany, there is something urgent happening and I can’t be with you to wait for Chan-” “It is okay, Tae. Now go, I know it was serious problem but spill it tonight, okay?” Tiffany said and Taeyeon nods her head before she grabs her bag and she runs to the medical unit. God, what happens to Luhan anyway? Luhan better take care of his self well while he was playing soccer.

Once she was in front of the room, she turns the doorknob slowly, trying not to make any noise before she comes in. It was so empty there and there was only one bed that was occupied – Luhan’s. That boy was seriously such a trouble maker. She quickly walks there, but was surprised to see another person alongside her brother. Byun Baekhyun; the most popular student in the school.

“Oh- uh- hey- I mean, what are you doing here?” Baekhyun blabbered at the sight of the petite girl in front of him and Taeyeon points at Luhan who was lying on the bed – kinda peacefully, but she can’t really tell if he was faking his sleep or not.

“I’m Luhan’s sister, don’t you know about- oh, right. You don’t know.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun’s eyes widened. This girl was Luhan’s sister? They didn’t really resemble each other so it was totally unexpected. “So… mind telling me what happen to him?” Taeyeon asked, again.

“Uhm, actually the match today was quite intense and uh, he and Jongin – wait you know Jongin, right? (Taeyeon nods her head, of course she knew Jongin) – they kind of push each other at the same time, since they are trying to get the ball.” Baekhyun said, and force a thin smile probably trying to remind him that he looks so stupid when he explains the situation to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon only shrugs, she can never get the idea of soccer anyway so why bother? She looks suspiciously to Luhan before she parted , probably ready to throw a tantrum, yet all come out from was one word; one name. “Luhan.” Taeyeon said rather softly. The called one didn’t even budge from his position – either he’s trying not to get caught faking his sleep or he is really sleeping.

“If you are faking this, you better open your eyes or you really won’t see the light again.” Taeyeon said yet her ‘brother’ didn’t even move. “Let me count to 3, okay? One… Two… and th-” “Okay, you caught me!” Luhan said and Baekhyun was shocked. Does it mean that Luhan has been awake since earlier?

“So… you fell, didn’t you?” Taeyeon asked and her brother nods, but rather hesitant. “You know, why would you ask?” He asked back and Taeyeon shrugs. “I don’t know. I’m just making sure.” She said and turns around only to meet with Baekhyun’s eyes – and she was so sure he was looking at her just before. Is he checking out her?

But those eyes were shining and Taeyeon only notice it know, how those pair of eyes look so good and pretty. Quite a match with his thin but soft – or that’s how it look – lips and his sharp jaw line. God, that’s a crazy jaw line out there. “Uhm… Baekhyun, right? Thanks for you know, taking care of him and-” “Yeah, of course, I mean I’m the captain.” He cut her off.

“Oh, yeah, of course I know you are- Like I never see you in the game – but still thanks, I’m getting Luhan out of here, and he’s good to go, right?” Taeyeon asked him and he nods his head. “You want me to drive you home? I mean, with Luhan of course, I got my car with me.” Baekhyun offered and Luhan was quite in disbelief – Baekhyun was actually a reserved person and did he just offer that?

It’s quite weird. Well, no, it’s weird.

--

“Ugh.” She groaned as she jump to the bed before pulling out her phone from her pocket and quickly dial her friend’s phone number. Nice, a 3 way call it is.

“Oh, you pick up!” She shouted when Tiffany’s name displayed on her phone. “Yeah, I’m here. So what happen that you decide to ditch us, huh, Taeyeon?” She asked and Taeyeon sighed. Before she could answer, a beep was heard and Chanyeol’s name joined on the displayed.

“Okay, guys, so I’m sorry for ditching you two, especially Tiffany but actually Luhan got his foot broken, or injured, yeah, or whatever you called it.” Taeyeon said and Tiffany’s voice was the first one to reply. “Oh my god, Tae, did he fell? He’s alright now?” She asked, quite worrying about her best friend’s brother and Taeyeon hums as a response.

“Chanyeol, are you there?” Tiffany asked and Chanyeol’s voice – quite muffled – was heard. “Yeah, but I’m on shower, guys.” He replied and Taeyeon cringes. “Ew hung up if you’re on shower.” She shouted to her phone and Chanyeol’s low murmurs were the response to her words. “Wait, so what happen after? You don’t have your car with you.” Chanyeol said and Taeyeon hums once again.

“Baekhyun drives me home.” She said simply and a loud voice echoed through the speaker of her phone. “You mean that Baekhyun? Baekhyun, the soccer team’s captain?” Tiffany asked. “Wow, I thought that guy was so reserved. The rumor says that he indeed got a crush on you.” Tiffany’s words make her chokes on the air and she end up coughing a lot. “Oh my god, did my words shock you?” Taeyeon can only mutters a low ‘yeah’.

“It was true, I know about his little crush.” Chanyeol’s voice joined in and Taeyeon was silent for a few seconds. “You know it was true?” Taeyeon asked hesitantly and Chanyeol hums. “Ok, well, , I don’t expect this coming- I mean seriously Baekhyun is crushing on me? And the fact that I know it make it seems so weird… Is that why Luhan keep looking at me suspiciously all the way through here?” She asked and the two friends hum at her.

“Okay… so uhm, I quite like him? I mean, we all know he was handsome – and he indeed is when I see him up close. He looks kind too but I can’t just approach him saying ‘Hey, I know you have a crush on me, got that from my friend. What about a date?’ because I will look dumb.” Taeyeon whined and Tiffany chuckled. “That will go into the World Record as the lamest date-asking.” Tiffany said and Taeyeon nods – but then realize no one could see her so she hums instead.

“So… what should I do?” She asked. “I honestly don’t know, ask Chanyeol. He’s the genius one.” Tiffany answered and Chanyeol let out a sigh. “I indeed have an idea but it might be stupid.” He said and Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows slightly. This is going to be one weird idea, but nothing is going to be wrong with hearing it.

“Spill.”

--

“Hey, Byun, want to make a bet?” Chanyeol offered and Baekhyun kicked the ball to the end of the gymnasium. “What kind?” Baekhyun asked back and Chanyeol shrugs before he chuckles lowly.

“One that is related to your crush.” Chanyeol answered and the other boy rolled his eyes. It was like trying for something he can’t. Kim Taeyeon is the real definition of heart breaker. Pretty, smart and kind – totally perfect and girl crush – but once you ask her out, she would reject y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter