Roommate

My Heart Choose You | Collection of BaekYeon Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Roommate

College life is hard. Especially if you have to go back and forth from your living place to the university when the streets are always packed, and it took a long time. That’s why Taeyeon moves out from her house and is moving in to the nearest dorm from her university. That’s also why she’s here, right in the hallway of the 9th level of the dorm, standing in front of the kind of scratched door.

Here we go, Taeyeon. Take a deep breath and everything will be fine, she thought. The blonde press the bell, and it rings. Shuffles of footsteps are heard from inside of the room, her new roommate. This is her first time living in a dorm so she was quite worried since she gets homesick easily.

“Yes, wait a minute!” A high pitched voice was heard and a sound of ‘wall hit’ was also heard right after. Taeyeon can hear the door unlocked, and then it opened. There stood a girl who is at least 15 cm taller than her, with her shining brown hair and perfect brown contacts.

Realizing that she look dumb for just standing there without uttering anything, Taeyeon quickly bow and smile before she greets the girl in front of her. “Good morning, I’m Taeyeon and uh, last week I’m the one applying for the room-” “Wait, what room are you talking about?”

Taeyeon’s eyes widen. No, this is not the wrong room, she thought. Looking at the door number once again, she bit her lower lips, this is her new dorm. “The free room, there are some hanging ad that you need a roommate to pay the rent with and I apply.” Taeyeon said once again. The brown haired girl didn’t even budge but then curses lowly before she mutters a small ‘wait a minute, blonde’ and close the door, leaving her all alone outside on the hallway.

After 2 minutes or so - Taeyeon was just checking her phone, and replying her mother who's asking about her new dorm - the door was open again and the girl from earlier appears again with a smile on her face before she sheepishly rubs her temple and open the door wide for her. "Ah, I'm so sorry for earlier. You can come inside!" The brunette said with a rather forced smile on her face.

Taeyeon smiles back. Finally this girl remembers, she thought. She quickly led her suitcase inside. It was no luxury, but the room is quite comfortable. Peach pink walls, wooden furniture, and some scented candles on the rack. It was comfortable, really. The dorm is quite spacious, once you get in you will already see the TV and couch and beside that was the kitchen and bathroom. There are two rooms after the living room, one with some graffiti on the door and the other one clean. Well- her room must be the clean-

"Your room is the one with the graffiti door. Sorry about that but the last one left it like that. I can't clean it. Make yourself home." The brunette said coldly and Taeyeon frowned. She was expecting, and also very looking forward to have a nice and kind roommate - she was so sure that the brunette was so kind in the phone, or maybe that time she was so desperate for a roommate so the pay rent won't be all on her? She’s unbelievably rude, she thought.

“Okay thanks. I’m going to unpack my things now-” “Okay.” She shut her up with a single word. The brunette didn’t even spare a glance toward her and now Taeyeon felt like she’s facing some really rude girl – who can’t pay a rent all by her own. With a frown on her face, Taeyeon just drag her suitcase, open the door to her room before she goes in and slammed it hard with all her might. God.

--

“Baek Ah, why didn’t you tell me you are posting an ad for the other room?!” Baekhyun yelled, this time not with his overly girly voice but with his masculine – still light – voice of his. “I almost thought the girl was crazy but it is true. Baek Ah, I’m a boy who is pretending to be a girl but I will in no way living with another girl unless it’s someone I know – not even someone who is desperate for a room.” Baekhyun said lowly. It was a good thing that he was alone this morning.

Taeyeon have a morning class on Monday, and is free at night, a contrast to his schedule thankfully. “I don’t want to know anything but I need her out as soon as she can.” Baekhyun whined once again. He falls on top of his soft bed, before he closes his eyes, listening to what his twin sister has to say.

“Won’t you be lucky though? She kind of seems well-off, and she is also willing to pay for the extra rent money. You won’t be dealing with so much money, and that’s already a good thing, isn’t it?” The other line – Baek Ah – says. Well, it’s not really about the money for him. He could just easily pay for it no matter how much expensive it will be but living with a stranger who is your opposite gender is the problem. Also, she didn’t even know he’s a man. What would she do when she finds out about it?

“I don’t care about the money. What if my identity got leaked? You will get the edge of it too.” Baekhyun said and the other line stayed silent after his words. “Then what should we do? Do you want to ask her to leave? Just bear with it for some weeks, and then told her about it. It will be for the better to tell her before she found out herself.” Baek Ah said and Baekhyun only hummed at his twin.

“Okay, okay, I got it. I will try to bear with her- yeah, yeah, bye, Baek Ah. Wish me luck on covering you.” Baekhyun said and without waiting for any other response, he quickly hung up. He didn’t know why he offer to help her twin sister who apparently is leaving the town for a tournament – but she still need her score on university, so he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter