Pet Care

My Heart Choose You | Collection of BaekYeon Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pet Care

Taeyeon is another university student who’s struggling to live with her own money. Not like her family is one that is facing some economy hardship, well, actually, she’s quite well-off but her mother did told her to work her off to get her own money rather than waiting for money to come on her bank account. At first Taeyeon really object the idea; she’s not really a good at a certain thing. The only thing she’s good at is drawing but you can’t get much job with drawing, and Taeyeon is not sure her paintings can made it to some art gallery too.

It was one rainy day when she saw some stray cat on the box in front of her house which she decides to pick up then she realize, she can get a job that she’s good at. A pet caretaker, she would make a good one. She likes animal, cat or dogs and she’s good with it so that’s pretty much how she turns into the pet caretaker on the neighborhood. The people who have pets and can’t look out for their pets will turn to her for her help, and she would gladly accept their offer. Besides, she got paid good amount of money.

And it was this morning when Joonmyun, a close senior of her from university had call her. She was pretty quick to realize that the guy is asking for her help, and Taeyeon gladly agreed. She currently only have 2 dogs to watch, and it’s also summer so it’s a break from university thankfully, so Taeyeon thinks that it’s okay to watch out another pet, how bad would it be to have 3 pets to look out when you once look out for five at a time? Joonmyun agreed to bring his pet over to her house and Taeyeon agreed.

So here she was, dressed in her nicest blouse and comfortable shorts waiting for Joonmyun to come over to drop his ‘beloved’ pet. A few minutes after, there is a knock on the door and Taeyeon walks over to get it. There stood Joonmyun behind the white wooden door, but instead of a pet, there is a boy tagging along, well, not really a… boy. “Tae! I’m really glad that you actually are a pet caretaker because I’ve been hesitating to not leave my pet on my house for the summer break but it’s good I have you because I didn’t need to hesitate more, since I trust you!” Joonmyun said and Taeyeon smiles at him.

“U-Uh, well, yeah, of course I’m willing to help since you know, I also love animal and all. One question though, where’s your… uh, pet?” Taeyeon asked and Joonmyun blinked before he chuckles awkwardly and pull the guy beside him closer as he pat the guy’s shoulder. “Well, uh, it’s him.” Joonmyun said gesturing to the boy beside him and confusion is seen on the girl’s eyes and Joonmyun shuffles awkwardly as he take off the guy’s snapback that covers his head, revealing cat ears on top of his head, and the guy’s hands which nails are as sharp as… cat’s nail, if cat actually have one.

“So… yeah, the reason I’m hesitating to drop my pet on other pet caretaker is because he’s… uh, he’s a hybrid as you see here. He’s a catboy and uh, oh, right, his name is Baekhyun, and since he takes over my surname then it’s for sure Kim Baekhyun.” Joonmyun said and Taeyeon nods her head. “You… you can take care of him, right? Just treat him like another fellow human being minus the cat habits.” Joonmyun said and Taeyeon sighed. “Well, what else can I do other than accepting him?” She asked.

Joonmyun laughed at her words as he pat Baekhyun is the shoulder and telling him to be a good boy before he bid his goodbye to Taeyeon and left the two. Taeyeon shuffles awkwardly as he gestures the cat hybrid to come in. “Uh, well, Baekhyun, since I am not expecting a hybrid at all, I’m not really sure but your room… the room with sky blue door upstairs is yours.” Taeyeon said and without any response, the cat hybrid quickly run upstairs and Taeyeon sighed.

Taeyeon is a good pet caretaker… well, to all the actual pets. But somehow Taeyeon wasn’t sure she will take care of the cat hybrid well. Not like she’s sure she can tames him too.

--

“Baekhyun, your food is ready!” Taeyeon shouted, hoping the cat hybrid would hear it from the far distance between the kitchen and the room upstairs. Taeyeon sighed, before she picked up Eve who was starting to bite her feet, and pets her, but after she lets Eve down as the female dog runs to the main room. It has been the 4th day since Baekhyun is here and Taeyeon needs to say that boy – or pet – was an absolute jerk. He was picky on his foods, whining all the time, glaring holes at her back, and pretty much grumpy 24/7, he’s a bad catboy.

Taeyeon could hear footsteps down the stairs, and pretty sure, Baekhyun did shows up at the kitchen, his eyes are wandering for his treat. “No beef?” He asked lowly as his eyes land on his food and Taeyeon shook her head. “I haven’t buy another set of it and besides, you’ve eat beef since the first day so the last one is for me.” Taeyeon said, but didn’t bother to look at the catboy as she washes dirty dishes. “Baekhyun wants beef.” The catboy said as he frowns and crossed his arms.

“No. I already cook the chicken for you so you need to eat chicken.” Taeyeon said, glaring at the catboy. But the catboy didn’t lose to her, he keeps whining about it. Baekhyun literally repeats the same sentence of ‘Baekhyun wants beef’ multiple times and Taeyeon tries her best not to throw one of the dishes to Baekhyun. She really tries to control her anger but Baekhyun’s voice is just too obnoxious, and also it didn’t help that Baekhyun keep jumping on his spot.

Taeyeon finally turns around once she finishes washing all the dishes before she gives him a hard glare that makes Baekhyun glare back at her, rude, usually the pets are scared of their owner – well, Taeyeon is more to master rather than owner for now. “You won’t get any beef so either you starve or eat the chicken, it’s up to you.” Taeyeon said, before she opens the fridge and take out the milk carton before she shoves it to Baekhyun.

Sure enough, Baekhyun didn’t whine to her anymore after, he did eat the chicken and drink the milk that Taeyeon gave him but still, Taeyeon can clearly see him glaring at her at times. Well, at least, she can tames him a bit, yeah, just a bit, but it’s okay.

--

“Baekhyun is bored.” The obnoxious voice owner once again said and Taeyeon rolled her eyes. Her hands stop on Roo’s fur and glares at the catboy. “What do you want to do then?” She asked and Baekhyun shrugs, Taeyeon only shook her head before she turns her attention to the TV before she starts petting the Maltese dog again. “Joonmyun pets Baekhyun a lot.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon gives him a confused look but gestures the catboy to shift closer and Baekhyun did.

The catboy pushed the dog on her lap a bit, until Roo got up and leave her lap. Baekhyun smile as he was satisfied before he placed his head on her lap. Taeyeon was shocked at first but realize, well, Baekhyun is a… pet, after all. So instead of pushing him away from her lap, she just lets him play with her hair, curling and twirling it on his fingers as she his hair. Taeyeon didn’t pay attention to him as her eyes are on the TV, but her mind was all about Baekhyun because at times like that, Taeyeon thinks that Baekhyun is maybe… not as annoying as she thinks.

--

She’s definitely wrong. Since when is Baekhyun not annoying? She must have hit her head hard to think that Baekhyun is not annoying. “Joonmyun takes Baekhyun outside!” Baekhyun once again whined and Taeyeon only shook her head. “Well, Baekhyun, I can’t take you outside, it’s raining!” Taeyeon shouted at him and Baekhyun pouted. “Taeyeon can use the umbrella, or raincoat!” Baekhyun said, the idea made his eyes sparked but the sparks are gone once Taeyeon open .

“I don’t have any raincoat, and I only have one umbrella which won’t fit the both of us together.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun looks so dejected. The boy sulked on the couch without saying anything else; he probably gives up the idea of going outside. Taeyeon somehow felt guilty, because she actually has raincoat – she didn’t want to say she has one th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter