9th Floor, Room 12

My Heart Choose You | Collection of BaekYeon Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9th floor, Room 12

Baekhyun is 21 years old, a university student who’s currently majoring in music, a part time worker at Starbucks and is living a usual quiet and peaceful life, well, unless that he sometimes robs people’s houses. It’s not really a big deal for him; he usually just helps his friend. They don’t steal anything like gold, but usually something like laptop – anything that is useful for a university student. Their main targets are usually some shabby looking apartment, because that means they don’t have tight security.

His friend is Jongdae, a fellow 21 years old who have done this job since at least the start of university. Baekhyun has always joke that’s why he never pass the exam, because the money he uses is illegal but Jongdae is never really hurt by that. To say he’s poor, it’s not it. Jongdae told him it’s just thrilling and at times, he really needs money – his parents unfortunately won’t give him extra allowance unless he gets himself a proper job like Baekhyun do – so he does it. Well, for Baekhyun, he’s following Jongdae.

Tonight is Monday Night, which means he is taking a night shift at Starbucks – that’s also why he’s at Starbucks right now, serving the costumer their drinks. 10 more minutes and he’ll be out of the place. Oh, and he will also get a bonus tonight since he comes early, what a great night. Baekhyun is already planning a night on his dorm with chicken and beer on his bed right now in his head, but of course, it’s still way too early on the week to be celebrating something like that, because suddenly his phone rings.

The screen on the phone says ‘one new text messages’ and after deciding it won’t hurt him to take a look on the text, he opens it. Of course, he didn’t expect it to be any other people than Jongdae. Jongdae is the only one who knows his number, and also the only one who is active so late at night – it’s around 11 PM right now, good thing he didn’t have morning class tomorrow. “Baekhyun, I need your help. Apartment XXX on XXX-dong, text me back if you can go there.” Baekhyun reads the text silently.

And that was one of Jongdae’s invitation to rob a person, everyone. The apartment Jongdae is currently at is not that far away from the place he works at, it probably only takes around 5 minutes. Looking at his watch, Baekhyun realize it’s only 5 more minutes until his shift is over. He didn’t really want to rob someone so late at night but it’s Jongdae – he’s a thief master. He probably already done a research on the place’s owner so Baekhyun actually feels quite easy, they won’t get caught, won’t they?

He quickly types, “I’m going there with my bike. See you in 5” and send it to Jongdae. Once his shift is over, he quickly ask his manager for his bonus – it’s quite a lot, 30.000 Won is a lot for an hour shift – before he turns on his bike and ride it to the apartment. Just as he expects, it’s not a big apartment. Not shabby but it definitely doesn’t have the luxurious feel to it. Jongdae has previously told him that it was the 9th floor, room 12, so without any hesitation, Baekhyun goes up with the elevator and heads there.

Being a quite professional thief, Baekhyun knows how to pick door locks or just to hack the system for electronic passwords – and the apartment use the latter and unfortunately, it takes quite a long time. Well, actually if Jongdae was there he could just bell it, right? Ring the bell and ask Jongdae to opens it for him is quite a good idea but then, where is the thrill? Baekhyun then decides to just hack it and then start doing his things. Since it was already late at night, there’s none that pass him in the hallway.

BEEP! Baekhyun heard the door clicked, it was unlocked, finally. He pushes the door open silently, trying to not make any sound – just being cautious. He was greeted by a sight of an apartment with a cream nuance, and it makes him feel warm so late at night somehow. Baekhyun carefully tiptoed his way inside the house before he closes the door behind his back. It was quite dumb, he had thought, to tiptoe in the apartment when he had know that it was empty, no one was there – unless Jongdae.

Well, now that he was thinking about it, where is Jongdae? First, there’s no way he’s stealing without Jongdae – he usually only helps him stealing, none of the things stolen are for him because well, he didn’t need it. Second, why the hell is Jongdae nowhere to be seen when he is the one who tells him to come? There’s no way Jongdae is pulling a prank on him, right? He wants to calls out his name but he didn’t dare too – his instinct just told him that there’s someone, even if there’s no one in sight.

The apartment is actually really nice much to Baekhyun’s taste. It was neat and clean, everything shines on his eyes. There are quite a lot of antique stuffs there, and the furniture is mostly white – white and cream dominates the apartment, really. He was looking around the room, trying to find Jongdae amidst of it. He saw so many photo frames and come to a conclusion that a pretty black haired girl must have been the owner of the apartment. No, but really, she was pretty at least for Baekhyun.

“God, it’s pretty chilly. Why did I took off my jacket and left it at my bike…” He muttered to himself before he starts to look around the apartment, looking for a kitchen so he can maybe grab some drinks there, beer would be good but really, anything feels good right now. Baekhyun smiles to himself when he finally spots a refrigerator – well, at least finally a sign of a human living out here. He opens it but was quite disappointed when he doesn’t spot any drinks, only mineral waters for real.

But really, Baekhyun wouldn’t complain about that at all and he was just enjoying himself when a scream fills his ears and he spun around, meeting the sight of a girl – must have been the one on the photo frame, she looks exactly the same – only on her bathrobe, standing 2 meters away from him, hysteric and is for sure shocked to see him there. As a thief, he needs to say he was also very shocked to see her, considering how he has quote Jongdae texting him, ‘no one is there, it’s safe,’ really safe indeed.

“I’ll kill Jongdae when I meet him.” Baekhyun muttered under his breath. He smiles to the girl who is still freaking out over the fact someone broke into her apartment, and Baekhyun just wishes he wouldn’t get thrown to the police jail nearby, let’s hope he wouldn’t be.

--

Kim Taeyeon is 24 years old, working as an assistant in a prestigious company, rich enough to buy her own house but also very stingy that she decides to just live in her old apartment that her mother has always complained on – because it looks shabby and for that, Taeyeon won’t deny it because it’s true. She usually works until so late at night – her boss has took a liking in her workaholic attitude and trust her with many jobs, but maybe too many since it’s occupied so much of her time.

But as many and tiring as it is, Taeyeon didn’t really care as long as she got the extra money. Such a beauty is a really stingy person, her best friend once said but Taeyeon could care less. Taeyeon really likes antique stuff – the aesthetic of the stuffs is beyond another level, she once say – and has spends most of her money on it. Being a career woman, Taeyeon is also really uptigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter