Crossroad

My Heart Choose You | Collection of BaekYeon Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crossroad

Baekhyun didn't like crossroads.

He just hates how he needs to stop walking when the vehicles then pass by as it seems busy while it shines green light to the street. He hates how it sometimes makes him late to go to the office too. It took him around 2 minutes to wait, and he would get a tantrum for even a second late, his new boss never spare him much.

Baekhyun also hates how his coffee will get cold by the time he works. He buys it near his house, which is far from the office. He's never fond of a coffee's taste nor is he a fan of it, but the coffee he buys there draws him in, there's always a special taste in it. But when he reaches the office, where he think it would be good to drink while he enjoys some leisure time after hours being in his seat, thinking all day of what words would match the melody.

But in the end, he loves crossroad. It may took him minutes to just get across the street but the wait is worth it, on that certain crossroad, right before he can step into his workplace.  He would always see the same lady right across, heading right his way on the other side of the road. Her blonde locks would fall just perfectly as it covers a little bit of her eyebrows.

She would usually seem to be half asleep, her black leather jacket blowing because of the hard wind. She would have a burger on her hand, sometimes it would be replaced with a bubble drink. But sometimes, she would be on her phone and Baekhyun thinks it was rather pathetic of him and also creepy to him observing her like that when both of them are total strangers.

But unlike the usual day where he would just softly pass by her – well, in the mass of people, he can’t even notice her so he would usually just go to his workplace – today, he accidentally bump into her. It was not a nice first interaction, but Baekhyun was so lost in her eyes when he meets those beautiful dark orbs of her. Both of them apologize to each other, and as the time in the traffic light is ticking, both of them quickly recollect whatever they have and scatter away in hurry.

Baekhyun’s day went totally fine today, the works he need to finished – arrangement of words, or anything like that – is all done already, so he can totally enjoy his leisure time but it went bad just in one second when another worker inform him that he needs to meet someone. It was probably just another singer. Yes, Baekhyun is a song writer – lyricist in another words, since he didn’t really compose songs, even though he is capable of doing the latter – and of course, as a lyricist he will meet with many singer, if not singer then the album producer.

“Ah, Baekhyun-ssi, please take a sit, we have a new request, and unlike some request that only consist of one song or two, the producer has specially request for you to write all the song lyrics for their popular singer, Tiffany. You know Tiffany Hwang, right? The producer specially comes up to meet you to discuss about it.” Chanyeol, his upper co-worker said to him when he enters the room before gesturing to the other person who sits right beside him.

“This is Kim Taeyeon, the co-producer for Tiffany Hwang’s album.” Chanyeol continues and Baekhyun’s eyes widen. It was the same person as the one he usually stares at, the one who always is on the other side of the road. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Byun.” She said as her smile crinkles when she says it. He only nods his head, shaking his hand with hers – which is very soft.

“It’s also very nice to meet you, Ms. Kim.” He said. Chanyeol gets up, as he pushed Baekhyun a bit to sit at his seat before saying, “I will go now. You two can discuss whatever you want or you can just leave to somewhere or… uh, anyway, just do whatever you guys want anyway.” The tall guy awkwardly stumbles over, before he goes out of the room, leaving Baekhyun and Taeyeon alone. Baekhyun quietly slides to his seat before he decides to spoke up first for the both of them.

“So… it’s Tiffany Hwang’s album that you’re working on?” He asked and Taeyeon nods as her tied blonde hair – her bangs still hanging on though – goes into the air for a moment. “It’s really a pleasure to work with you. I’ve heard of all your work and all of the lyrics you work on are amazing and beyond words-” “Thanks for the compliment and all, but it would be nice if we can both drop the honorifics. Can we?” He cut her off and Taeyeon only chuckles at his honesty and frank words.

“All the people I’ve work with are so formal… so it just naturally flows out of my mouth to talk like that,” Taeyeon said and smiles, “It’s good though to see a change.” “Anyway, what kinds of songs are actually going to be on the album?” Baekhyun asked and she sighed. “Some heartbreaks songs would be good, Tiffany and I has been talking about the ‘cool’ side of women though, so she probably want to do some ‘independent’ women songs.” Taeyeon says and Baekhyun nods.

“You know, it was really weird that I find working on woman’s songs, or just writing from a woman’s perspective easier than to write for guy’s songs. It’s just a lot easier, and I definitely enjoy it more.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiles to that. “Want to go out to discuss about that?” She asked and he smiled, before he slowly nods his head.

--

“So… wait, that’s the end? What happen after even…? I mean, uh, it just end with the girl still longing? That totally makes sense but, I thought you’re gonna change some flow in the end.” Taeyeon said, her look indicates she was lost, and confused. The both of them had sits around in a café for some hours, discussing about a song’s lyrics – one of the songs that Tiffany has make herself – and the lyrics of course has been up to her own request, and Baekhyun has made the perfect words aligned already but Taeyeon can’t actually believe it takes him such a short time – and she can’t believe it end like that.

It was beautiful though, the way he describes it totally get the feeling that Tiffany and Taeyeon, on her own wants. Taeyeon can’t deny but to admit that he has real talent with him. “Nah, it will be good if we just end it like that. I don’t usually chang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter