TWENTY FIVE

The Greatest Bastard (Last Part)

Last night.

Suzy ended up laying on her bed without any thought, Sehun suggesting them to stay up till morning and spend more time together because who know what will happened tomorrow. But she refused, she told him she's tired when in reality, she just scared.
Scared that spending more time with him will makes it hard for her to actually ended their relationship. She want to getting used again with her life before Sehun.

Suzy reach for a phone beside her bed.
she feels afraid to actually use her cell phone and turning it on, glad he remembers her mom's contact so she can have someone to talk. 
Her mom knows she'gone for a secret trip, but she doesn't know that Suzy's together with Sehun, in the middle of deep forest like this. 
She also don't know about her breakup and probably hear it for the first time through media.

 

"Mom." she talks to her and feels so much relieved when her mom still awake and manage to pick up her phone.
"Now i know, why you're so eager to go to that secret trip." She's definitely scolding her with that words.
Her parents doesn't really involve with her relationship, but they totally adore her boyfriend.
"i thought you never read news about me." Suzy give her a small chuckles to hide her sadness.
"I don't. and what news do you mean? your breakup? it doesn't come out on news, article or whatsoever." Suzy's eyes get so big and she's having a hard time to disgest her words.
"Then, how could you know about my relationship?"
"You're dumped, aren't you?" She doesn't answer and start asking her another question.
"Sehun-ssi called earlier, he called your dad and me, and told us that you'll be having a hard time because of him, he said sorry and asking us to take care of you." She talks very slowly, but Suzy still having a hard time to understand everything.

"He said that he dumped me? he said that he's the one who's leaving me?" she start asking so many question to her mom. And she can hear a little laugh from her.
"Well, not literally, but it does sounds like it. I feel bad my daughter sort of getting dumped by a man like that, but it feel so nice to know that he's a great guy. He spend one hour talk to me and your dad, about you and what to do to makes you feel better." She lets out another laugh.
"And what do you mean about there's no news and article?" Suzy can understand things better now that she's awake and aware about what Sehun did.
"There's no talk about your break up at all, i guess both of you did so well on keeping things private."
"Mom, i'm hanging up, bye, love you."

Suzy hanging up the phone right away, and without a second thought she turning on her phone. She feels anxious about how many messages and missed calls she will be getting from her manager once her phone is on.

But there's actually nothing. There's a few messages and voices mail, but nothing from her manager.
"what is it? he totally told me about the break up news yesterday." She's searching for his Manager's number right away and calling him.
"what?" At least he does sounds pissed, that's what her thought.
"what's going on?" she ask him carefully, trying to not makes him more pissed.
""what do you mean, what's going on?
"the news..i mean, your threat." she talks hesistately.
"are you still with him?" he ask with calmer voice, and it definitely strikes her hard.
I'm doomed. From where he knows that i'm with Sehun right now.

She knows lying will get her nothing so she answer him immediately,
"Yes.." She can hear her manager sighing.
"well..you can ask him, then."
"what? no! what is going on. I want to hear it from you." She feels like this is totally unfair, she already had all these imagination about how today, news about their break up is spreading all over the internet, when reality nothing is happened.
"I wasn't threating you yesterday. I did mean it. I was going to do everything when, Sehun showed up in front of my office early this morning. He told me about how both of you are no longer a fake couple, he told me about how much you mean to him, and all those cliche things, he talked about everything."
Suzy can not believe what she hear, she thought Sehun went to his dorm this morning before they're leaving to pack some stuffs, she never imagine that he went to do all of this.
"Of course, i don't care that much about what he said, protecting you is my priority, but then he's crazy." He's continuing his talk while chuckling now.
"crazy?" her voice sounds really weak, it barely can be heard.
"crazy. he's kneeling in front of my car, on the parking lot. Can you imagine someone who makes money ten times more than me, begging me for something cliche like love?"
She feel her eyes starting to get warm. She could cry anytime. It's cliche, but it means so much for her.
"I did go to the news outlet. But i don't know, what happened to me, i think i kinda fascinated by the cliche things, I don't know what will happen in the future, because someone did send me a threat about exposing you and him. But as for now,  i don't want to be the one who's giving you a hard time. You're ike a sister to me, so yeah..i think i want you to be happy."
He ended up his talk, and now Suzy can't help but to crying hard. Both because of what Sehun and her manager did for her.
"Thank you, oppa for doing that."
"you should thank him too."
"I will, oppa. I will." Suzy ended the call, and turning her phone off right away.

***

She's get out from her room, searching for Sehun, it's dawn, 3AM in the morning, the forest around her sounds so quiet and creepy, but she doesn't feel scared at all.
She find Sehun sleeping on the couch, with his arms on his forehead. He does looks tired and stressed.
She's kneeling down beside him and start to ruffling his hair, very slowly, trying really hard to not waking him up.
She stopped and now reaching for his hand, she touch his palm, and lock all his fingers with her. She's watching him sleep for almost 2 hours, literally just watching him, caressing his back hand and his face sometimes.
"Thank you.." 

 


I'll post the last chapter tomorrow,

xoxo

-Karla