chapter 9

Antifan

Though they weren't allowed to enter the room, they couldn't find it in themselves to take even a step further from where they were right now. So, they kept waiting. They waited by the closed door, in the hallway of the hospital.

Seungho knew Kyungho would have waited with them as well but the manager had hell lots of things to handle in order to prevent this situation from leaking out into public. He had never been more grateful towards the managers than today. He was always grateful to Kyungho and their other two managers but this time, he knew it would be the hardest job ever for the managers and he, ani... They, MBLAQ, really needed that. Letting the news about Mir out to public would be the last thing he would let to happen in this state. Mostly in order to protect Mir and his family.

"Oppa!"

The two men looked up to see Eunah was running towards them. Her eyes were red. He cheeks were flushed and wet with tears that was still flowing out of her glassy orbs.

Seungho stood up and was immediately got his arms grabbed by Eunah's hands. Eunah shook Seungho harshly with the little power she had while sobbing. "What happened? Where is he? Is he safe?" Barrages of question fall off her quivering lips in between her wild sobs.

"The doctor just leave. Cheolyong still hasn't passed the critical phase." Once Seungho finished his sentence, Eunah exhaled a short breath and dropped weakly onto the floor. Seungho automatically crouched together when he felt Eunah's hands leaving him. He grabbed the girl's shoulder just in case she collapsed.

"Cheolyong-ah... Why did you do this? Our poor Cheolyong..." She sobbed and let Seungho soothed her by taking her into a loose embrace. Her emotion overwhelming her and all she could do was crying on and on into Seungho's shirt.

Only after a long hour that Eunah could finally control herself though there were still tears streaming down her face and faint sobs sometimes escaped her lips. Now, loads of questions torturing her mind. Why would Mir do this? Was this related to the changes she detected in Mir these few months? Why didn't she confront Mir about this sooner? She would have been able to prevent this... She really wanted to enter that room and see Mir with her own eyes but... She knew she couldn't handle it. So she waited outside. Until she was ready. Preparing herself mentally for what she was about to view if she stepped into that room.

"Hyojin-ah." GO's voice brought her out of her tormenting thoughts. "Are you hurt?" GO's eyes trailed to the white material bandaging her arm that started from the wrist and disappeared under her short sleeve of her shirt.

Eunah's eyes automatically flickered to her own arm. So did Seungho's. "Yea, someone tried to-"

At the abrupt stop in the middle of sentence, both Seungho and GO looked up to the actress. There was shock painting her delicate features and just seconds later, her eyes lit up, her brows rose up. A look of recognition flashing through her features.

Someone had tried to splash acid to her when she was walking in the parking lot to her car but Mir was in time to protect her, pulling her behind one of the posts. But some of the acid did hit her shoulder and arm. In her pain, she saw desperation and fear in Mir's eyes. Above all, she saw guilt in those soft brown eyes and Mir kept blaming himself while carrying her to the hospital. "This is all my fault. My fault. I should've done as that person want." Hyojin could still literally heard those words being chanted over and over again by Mir in her head. Why would that be Mir's fault? When she was unconscious after the surgery and being loaded with painkillers, she wasn't sure if it was a dream. But she could remember Mir's voice. "I'm the one who should have been here. Not you. If it you or me. It supposed to be me."

Hyojin inhaled sharply when she felt stabbing pain in her chest. Mir... Or her...? Something clicked in his mind. Like pieces of puzzles, they all slowly came together. Her lips quivered. Her whole being trembled. She felt disgusted at this new finding of her. It was really a living nightmare.

"Hyojin?" Seungho called and waited. He jumped back slightly when Eunah turned to him too quick and sudden.

"Oppa. I think someone is threatening Cheolyong." She tried her best to restraint herself from throwing up and collasped in mixed of emotions. If only... If only she had realized this earlier. Regret... Anger... Disgust... Fear... All were pushing her towards a dark, very dark realization. Someone wanted Mir dead.

 

sorry if too short even after not updating for a while (T^T)