chapter 32

Antifan

Why...? Why would Mir set free the one who had caused him and his sister so much misery? What kind of good act was this? Was this the way of Mir trying to make Jackson feel guilty?

With those thoughts raking his mind, Jr unconsciously pushed open the door to Mir's room, leaving Jackson to deal with the four men who want nothing more than to tear his limbs apart. He saw Mir sitting with his back against the headboard while JB was sitting at the edge of Mir's bed, looking down on his laps.

"You shouldn't be ashamed." Mir said, leaning forward to catch JB's eyes. "You save my sister."

JB lift his face and let Mir get what he wanted and let their eyes locked. He saw sincerity in those orbs. And gratefulness that made him wanted to look away again. But he didn't. "If I didn't hide Jackson's crime then none of these things would have happened to you or Eunah-shi." He bit his bottom lip when he felt it trembled with each words.

Mir smiled and scratched his head sheepishly. "Really? But it still didn't change the fact you save her. I owe you."

JB stared deep into Mir's eyes who was looking gently over him. "I really don't understand you." He voiced out his thought loudly letting a small smile painted his face.

Mir let out a deep breath. "If you're trying to find the real root cause of the problem then, it will be me. Not you."

"What are you saying?"

This time, Mir tore his eyes away from JB and looked towards the window. It was raining again... "If I didn't hurt Jiyeon that much..." He muttered, eyes looking distant.

"But she said, she hurt you." Jr approached the two on the bed and he looked towards Mir with mixed feeling rippling in his stomach.

Mir nodded and didn't look even a bit surprise at Jr's sudden interruption, as if he was expecting the younger. "We hurt each other. It was painful but it was real love. Mine and her."

It was love. Yes, that what had been stabbing at Jr's chest since the first day he learned about Mir in Jiyeon's life. It was jealousy but not as much as defeat that he felt because since the first time Jiyeon cried in front of him, breakdown in tiny pieces, Jr actually had realized that he would never could get in between Jiyeon and Mir. Between Jiyeon and Mir was love. Not just any love. A love that was twisted and painful and damaging and distant yet never waver. Not even after six years. Not even after Jiyeon had left the world. Never. It was forever.

But he was in denial. So instead of admitting how there was great love between Jiyeon and Mir, he chose to keep telling himself that Mir had corrupted Jiyeon, broken the lovely girl. Because only that way he could see himself standing in between Mir and Jiyeon but the truth is, there was no place for him. There was never a place for him.

Mir looked back into the distant and smiled. He put his hand over his chest. "It's painful but it's a beautiful pain." He exhaled. That was the truth. How could he forgot that. Be how painful it was, it was still the most beautiful thing ever happen to him. Jiyeon is... "There was huge part of my heart that would never heal, that died with her, but I still have my sister. My hyungs. You too... Have Jackson."

Jr stiffened and looked away from Mir. What was this? Was Mir seeing Jr as himself? How did those words affect him so much? As if he was listening to his own conscience. As if Mir was actually part of his conscience.

"I can't take even that from you." Mir leaned back against the headboard. "One day, you will see how love is a beautiful thing. More than the pain itself. When that time comes, you wouldn't be hurting as much again. Trust me, I know this. I've been there."

"That's why you won't hand him over to police?" Jr asked, despite knowing the answer.

"I'd die if someone took my sister away from me. Or any of my hyungs. That empty parts where Jiyeon left was only bearable when they are here with me. Just like when Jackson with you." Mir explained.

Jr swallowed. How could Mir understand him that much?
As if Mir had heard Jr's inside voice, Mir had answered. "Because we love the same angel."

"...We do."

 

@@@@@

 

Seungho smiled sadly as he listened in to the conversation. He turned slightly and saw how Jackson was trying his best not to let any of his tears fall. So, Seungho got his answer. Mir never change. That answer was definitely what he had hoped to get.
Mir was happy. Because of him. Because of Eunah, GO, even Joon and Sanghyun. He blamed himself before for not knowing how Mir had suffered those six years but now he knew Mir didn't suffer because even without him knowing, he had been one of the cure to Mir's wound. And that had been enough to chase away all of the doubts, questions and disturbing feeling he had been having before.

"Hyung!" A high pitch squeak pulled Seungho out of his own world and he saw Mir was looking towards him with wide eyes and blush tinted his cheeks. "You're eavesdropping!" Mir pointed rudely to Seungho and the other four behind him.

Seungho chuckled. Mir was really back to himself. He waltzed into the room and slapped away Mir's finger which was still pointed towards him. "Brat! Learn to respect your hyung." Seungho warned with playful grin.

"How can I respect someone who eavesdropped me?" He mumbled poutily but flinched when Seungho shot him laser eyes. "I didn't say that! Jaebummie said that." Mir frantically tried to find his way out of the trouble that he had created by himself.

"What? No! I didn't!" JB defended and ran to hide behind Sanghyun. "I have nothing to do with that." He said from behind Sanghyun.

"Yah! You as the dongsaeng should take the blame." Mir tried to chase after JB but got tackled on the bed by Seungho who was later joined by GO. "I'm a patient. Mercy!" Mir shouted from the bed and JB ran for his rescue.

"Hyung!" JB tried to pull Mir's hand but the 87-line got firm grip on Mir and later JB was getting pulled into the rough tussle. The others chuckled at the view. Things were back to normal again...