chapter 15

Antifan

Another cut. And another. And another. It was painful. It was painful yet there was slight comfort in it. Not so much comfort. That wasn't really the right choice of words. There was no way he would find comfort in pain unless he had lost his sanity. But that was what he felt. Slight comfort. A pain that he somehow familiar with.

This cutting. This invasion of sharp blade into his skin. Into his flesh. Somehow... It didn't feel strange. Had he always hurt himself before? Maybe that was why he was suicidal. That was why the only thing he had in his empty mind of his was a will to die. Maybe...

Maybe he really was insane...

How messed up was he in his previous life?

 

@@@@@

 

He had to look away while his partner was putting another long mark on Mir's right arm. Really... One day, Mir would die due to this. If not pain, loss of blood, or even wound infection. Somehow, the coarse voice had found joy in marring Mir's body with long superficial cut. Wasn't deep enough but definitely hurt like hell being repeatedly have a blade pressed on your skin and was dragged into forming a long red line.

When the coarse voice finally finish his 'session' for today, he left Mir and walked towards the front door where the other was standing at. "Finish?" The shorter man couldn't help the detest dripping from his word. He hated this sick bastard for finding pleasure in torturing Mir. And he hated himself for having to choose doing this kind of job.

The coarse voice glared at the other. "I'm going out. Make sure he doesn't escape."

The shorter man didn't reply. He just walked into the room silently. Mir had been able to move slightly in these four days he had been held captured. Been able to stand and walk if he needed a use of toilet albeit still a bit unstable. But, Mir didn't seem to have any will to escape even with the capturer who was hurting him daily. Cutting his skin. Drawing blood from him. Inflicting pain in any possible ways.

"You should run away from here, you know." The shorter man voiced once he was sure his partner was already gone from there. He winced seeing streaks of blood painting Mir's hospital clothes. Yet, Mir seemed unfazed. The shorter man sighed and rubbed his face. His conscience was too strong for him to keep this going. "I really don't understand you." He sighed harshly, frustration building up in his chest.

Looking around, the shorter man pulled Mir until Mir was standing on his own two feet. When Mir swayed slightly on his weak legs, his capturer hold him by arms to at least stabilize him.

"Listen." He whispered harshly. "You might want to die, but I assure you, you won't die easily here. J had ordered us to keep you alive and to put so much pain on you each and every second. This won't end. You won't die." Mir tilted his head slightly but kept on listening. "If you want to die that much, then you have to do it yourself and to do it yourself, you must first escape from us." He looked Mir deep in his eyes. He saw emptiness in Mir's eyes and somehow it made his chest tightened at the sight. "I can't do this anymore." He let out his inner voice. He gripped on Mir's wounded hand a bit too tight but noticed the wince on Mir's face and quickly reduce the force. "It's not just you. We need to get out of here." He said.

Determination shone in his dark eyes and he unbounded Mir's leg from the metal chain, wincing at the redness, rawness and blood seeping through the skin around Mir's bounded ankle. He pulled the obedient and quiet Mir with him but Mir was limping and had a hard time to keep up with all of his injuries. He felt guilty for dragging Mir harshly, but they really needed to get out of here before his partner, well, former partner came back.

 

@@@@@

 

A silent whisper creeping through in the silence of the dorm, attracted JB to peered through the door to his room, peeping through the narrow slit. There, in the kitchen across his room stood one of his bandmates, pacing through the small space of the kitchen with black device pasted to his ears. Sometimes, there was hushed laugh instilled in between his words. JB tried to focus so he could listen into the conversation. He didn't know why he did this yet he did it. It was just on a hunch. He noticed this one member of his was changing in behavior. Not to mention about another bandmate of him. These two were hiding something and as a leader with quite analytical skill, he knew it wasn't something good.

"He's a living doll now, is he..." It wasn't a question, merely a remark, most probably just a repeat of whoever on the other line of the phone. "Put him in hell. Death is too easy. How much pain him and me have gone through, I want him to feel it even more."

JB swallowed, feeling how his mouth dry and his tongue stick on the roof of his mouth. What was this? A joke? A sick joke?

"I don't care how you do it, but make sure he doesn't die easily. He can't die just as yet."

JB pulled close his door slowly, making sure not to emit any sound loud enough for the one in the kitchen to hear him, to know he was listening in. He kept asking himself. What was this? What did his bandmate meant? What had he done? Someone is in danger. He knew that much. But who? Why?

Pushing himself off of the door he was leaning on to, he had decided. The only answer lied in that phone of . So, he waited. He waited until he was sure there was no other sound in the dorm except soft snoring of exhausted boys. Pushing his door open slowly, he took careful steps towards another room. He must get that phone!

 

@@@@@

 

GO flopped down weakly against the moss-covered wall, using it as support so he wouldn't fall down due to his weakened legs. Again, their hope was crushed cruelly. Mercilessly... Where are you? Where are you, Cheolyong-ah.This building. This abandoned empty building clearly held no one inside. It was completely void of any souls before they were here.

"Taewon-shi!" GO looked up when he heard Sanghyun's voice calling out that name. Looking around for a bit, he saw the younger boy was waving from supposedly a room but without a door and with only half standing wall. 

Curious and intrigued, GO dragged his feet to that place where Taewon, Seungho and two other officers had already standing there, behind the crouching Sanghyun. He wanted to know what Sanghyun had found so, he tip-toed to look over Seungho's shoulder. He saw Sanghyun was holding up a rusty metal chain with traces of blood and his eyes trailed to the floor.

He wished he didn't...

His head hurt. Hurt a lot that he hissed, clutching on his raven hair. Stumbling back and fall onto the floor as image of Mir, lying in the red water bathtub, blood still flowing freely out from open wounds, red... All red. He hated that color now. 

Yet in his pain, he never close his eyes. He never tore away his eyes from that patches of red on the floor. Dried blood. He couldn't look away. Just like before when Mir was in that bathtub, life was leaving the boy slowly, he couldn't look away.

Red... Red... And suddenly, black. He thought he had lost his vision or had he fainted? But he felt warm hand over his eyes. Someone had saved him. Someone had blocked his vision from the dried blood on the floor. Someone had spared him from this horror.

"Let's get out of here, Byunghee." Seungho's voice, ever so softly, treating him like fragile glasses rung in his ears. He let Seungho guided him out of the room hence out of the building because he felt cold night breeze touching his skin. Only then did Seungho removed his hand away from GO's eyes.

GO looked around the dark surrounding. There was no moon tonight. The sky was blue to black looking a bit lonely with not even a single stars. The only light they had were the light from the building. "It's his, isn't it?" GO's voice was quiet, almost unheard but in this silence, Seungho heard it.

"We can't be sure." It was the only safe answer Seungho could give.

"He's hurt." GO's voice cracked. "What if-"

"Don't!" Seungho hissed, almost shout but he didn't. His voice was small and he didn't expected it to be so weak. He had done thinking of 'what if'. "I don't want to hear anything until we find him."

So, GO swallowed his doubt down. Swallowed his words. Swallowed his fear. Until they found him. Until then. However, a shout resonance from the direction to the woods snapped their head towards the uncertain source. It was too loud of a shout that it almost echoed everywhere.

"Where's Changsun?" At that question falling of GO's quivering lips as he just realized Joon wasn't with them from the start, Seungho whipped his head around, eyes searching wildly through the dark shadows when another shout resounded. This time the direction was clear and Seungho didn't need to think. He just needed to run. Run to the voice.

 

@@@@@

 

When these guys were searching inside the building, Joon had chosen to search around the building. Why? Well, he was just one who did thing differently.

Sound of rustling stopped his movement. His ears perked. His almond eyes darted somewhere where shadow of long grasses moved a bit. Wind? No. It wasn't that windy for the shadows to move that way. Swallowing, he control his breath so it became thin and shallow. So no one heard him. He was glad that he chose to wear all black today. And the sky was helping him by hiding the moon and the stars.

And then, his breath stop. He saw another shadow. Not of trees. Not of grasses. But of human. Tall, buff, broad shoulders, just standing there. Looking towards the abandoned building. No... It wasn't Mir. Mir was slender, muscly but not as buff as this one. Mir was shorter too. Not Mir. Because if it was Mir, then he would have recognized him in a heartbeat. So, who? No one else should be here, in the middle of the dark night, in the secluded area into the forest, in front of abandoned building. No one, other than Mir's capturer.

Seeing how the shadow moved back and eventually away from the house, Joon followed as if he was being tugged by the invisible rope. This was his only chance. Mir wasn't here. Someone had moved him away. Somewhere much hidden. Somewhere they couldn't reach. Somewhere that would held Mir away from them for a lifetime This was his only chance, the only way to find Mir before they lost their maknae forever.

He thought he was being quiet, being stealthily enough but the grasses rustling as he passed through and the dried leaves crunching under the soles of his shoes didn't help. He could follow just far enough when the shadow stopped. Turning towards him. In the blue and black colour painting the sky, in the darkness and shadow around him, he still saw it. A barrel pointed towards him.

"You have him." Joon was surprised by himself on how steady he voice came out. As if he wasn't the least scared of possibilities of a bullet lodged in his brain. "Give him back."

A hiss came out. Joon wasn't sure if it was a sneer or a mocking chuckle. "Go back or I'll blow your head up."

"Where is he, goddamnit!" His words came out fast and urgent. Fury even.

This time a clear chuckle strove down from the shadow to Joon. Disgusting! "Give up on him. Take my words. He has long gone."

It ignited something in Joon. Gone? Gone? What did he mean? Dead? Gone? His maknae. Their maknae... Mir... Had gone? And he found himself with mouth opened in loud shout, launching towards the waiting gun. Maybe it was too sudden. Too unexpected. Because even when Joon himself didn't realize his doing, of course the shadow didn't too. So he use that short moment of shock. Twisting the gun out of the guy's hand. Kicking it somewhere into the sea of grasses. He struggled. They struggled. On the land. Ignoring the prickling of small sharp stones lying around or the thorns of crawling wild plants.

And Joon shouted again. This time out of pain, not anger. He felt his shoulder burn and saw a knife was plunged there. This bastard was full with weapons. But Joon managed to straddle his opponent, launching a few hard punch with his healthy hand right on the guy's face and jaw until the guy didn't push against him anymore. Too tired and was too in pain to fight back.

"Changsun!" Seungho. It was Seungho. Still straddling his opponent, Joon gave him another final punch with all the power he had left. This, he thought... This... Was for Mir.

 

 

I don't think this fic is going well... *bow down to apologize*

If this fall into hiatus, I might just delete it. Hope you guys understand but trust me, I'm still trying