chapter 3

Antifan

Eunah scratched her brow while peering over Mir's sleeping face laying gingerly on her laps. Just an hour ago, she was pleasently surprised as her younger brother suddenly appeared in front of her house. Right when she opened the door, there wasn't even a single words managed to make way out of her lips when Mir just took her smaller frame into a tight hug.

Too tight that it was hard for her to breath. She would have pushed her brother off of her if she didn't feel how Mir was trembling against him. And when she asked what was wrong, Mir just tightened his hold on her even more, if it was even possible.

Mir didn't talk. Mir didn't speak even a word and just kept staring at her. Sometimes, her jet-black hair. Sometimes, pulled her into a half hug, unable to let her go even a meter away from him. There was something in Mir's soft brown eyes that made her as quiet as Mir, letting Mir taking her into an affectionate hold, letting Mir pressed his lips on the top of her head. She let him did whatever it took until Mir would finally spoke to her by himself. She contained her question. Locking her lips tight and waited.

"Promise me." Mir suddenly voiced, breaking off the silence. "Don't ever get out of my sight."

Eunah pulled away, taking Mir's face into her hands gently. She saw the pure worries in Mir's orbs. And... Fear? "What is it, ahdeul?" Eunah asked gently, using the nickname she had given her younger brother. A nickname that had placed Mir more like her son than her brother. A nickname that shown how much they cherished each other despite the usual way of them treating each other on normal basis. A nickname that proved how high Mir's position in her heart.

"Stay in my sight." Mir repeated sternly.

"Wae-waegurae? Don't scare me like this." There was uncertainty flashed across Eunah's features. Now... She was really worried.

"Because I can't die." Mir whispered to himself. "Because I can't die... Nothing can hurt you."

"B-bo?" Eunah was dumbfounded to be exact. She really didn't know and couldn't even guess what was running around in Mir's complicated mind.

Mir shook his head. "Just promise me."

Eunah stopped herself from saying it was ridiculous and impossible to do just as Mir had asked. But the look on Mir's face made her nodded absentmindedly. And she let herself once again being engulfed into a hug. All that she could do for now was patting Mir's back tenderly.

 

@@@@@

 

"Cheolyong didn't come home yesterday." Seungho informed, his hands in his pocket.

"He didn't contact me. Or others. I would have known." Dongwoon replied thoughtfully. He glanced towards Nicole who quickly nodded as confirmation. "Did you try again today?"

"His phone is off." GO bit his lips as his eyes kept flickering towards his phone in case Mir decided to call him back or at least text him so he could stop worrying.

"Oppa. Had Cheolyongie tell you anything?" Nicole asked. Her voice and features were equally tense. Seungho and GO exchanged a glance before they shook their head almost synchronizedly. "You two don't notice any changes?"

"Well..." Seungho trailed off. No obvious changes except Mir had been a little bit introvert these days. If he asked any question to the maknae, then Mir would reply with the shortest answer he didn't even know possible. And it was kind of hard to hold a good lengthy conversation with Mir nowadays. However, it wasn't enough to alarm the leader or even GO at all. Because of the problem within their group, they thought it was normal for Mir to act that way. Easy to say, they thought Mir was just being sulky.

"He had?" Nicole repeated her question, seeming a bit demanding and pushy but she didn't care. She needed to know. She must know. This was Mir they were talking about after all. And she had to say, her instinct was making her anxious as if something grim was approaching. God, please let her be wrong. Just this once. Let her be wrong.

GO shrugged. "No, he hadn't."

Nicole leaned back into the couch and bit her lips as she was getting a bit restless. Her eyes lit up seconds later as she looked back alternately between Seungho and GO. "Have you guys called his sister? I think Eunah unni is already back from Japan last week."

GO pulled out his phone but was stopped by a voice. "What are you guys doing here?" Mir appeared in the living room, brows knitted as he watched over the four figures sitting on the couches.

"Cheolyongie!" Nicole called out and ran into Mir's embrace, taking the MBLAQ maknae off his guard. Luckily Nicole was light, so Mir had it easy, accepting Nicole into his unready hug and still not getting tackled onto the floor.

Dongwoon sighed in relief as a smile tugged on his lips. "Your hyungs called me over. They said you didn't come home last night."

"Cheolyongie. Are you okay?" Nicole asked in concern, looking up towards the taller man.

"I... Was with Hyojin last night." He revealed.

"Told you." Nicole added.

Mir smiled a small smile and patted Nicole's head. "I'm just here to grab my things. I'm going to hang out at Hyojin's place for a while."

"Why? Did something happened?" Seungho guessed.

Mir shook his head no. "Just because..." He trailed off, not really wanted to explain. He felt however, Nicole's small soft hand holding onto his own. He knew Nicole was suspecting something. He knew, so he looked away from the small girl. He looked away and pretended not to notice. So, he wouldn't end up involving his friends in this.