chapter 27

Antifan

Eunah groaned as she felt her head spinning and when she opened her eyes, the familiar room greeted her sight. It was her own house. Her kitchen. Why was she here? Last thing she remembered was that she was in the parking lot after finishing her shooting and was about to drive to the hospital Mir was at.

When Eunah tried to stand, that was when she realized she was being tied on the chair. "Wha-" Eunah's first reaction was to struggle but the rope around her wrist, arm and middle felt tighter. She started to use more force, rocking the wooden chair, producing the sounds as it knocked against the marbled floor. She stopped only when she sense another presence in the space.

Eunah looked up and saw a strange boy standing at the doorway to the kitchen, leaning on the doorframe with a smirk. "Finally. I thought you'd sleep forever." He said slimely as he waltzed into the room, eyes have a dark glint that send chill up to Eunah's spine.

"W-who are you? W-why are y-you doing this?" Eunah couldn't contain her fear and would have stepped backwards, away from the figure that had managed to instill fear in her with just that crooked smile of his.

A dark chuckle escaped his lips. "I'm Jackson." He easily introduced himself. "And I'm also 'J'."

Eunah gasped. Her eyes widened and her fear suddenly replaced by anger. This is J. The person standing in front of her right now was J. This person was the one whom had hurt Mir, directly, or through her. This person was the one who had used her to drain hope of life out of Mir, sending her baby brother back into the dark abyss. "You!" Eunah seethed, voice dripping with venom as she struggled against her restrain but of course it was useless.

Jackson chuckled again as he purposely leaned on the kitchen table, really close to Eunah that could have harmed him easily if only she wasn't tied to the chair. He knew that fact made Eunah more frustrated and he enjoyed it.

"You." Eunah heaved after her continuous struggles. Her arms and hands were all achy and she think that she maybe had grate her skin against the coarse rope. "Why did you do all this? What the hell do you have against me and Cheolyong?" Eunah let out her questions rather harshly. She wanted know. The curiosity got the best of her. Like really. She didn't even know this boy. Why would he hurt Mir or her?

Jackson's face was stoic as he eyed the bounded girl. "I don't have anything against you." He said flatly. "But your brother had destroyed three lives. He doesn't deserve to still be alive and happy. He deserve to fall into the pit of hell."

"I-I don't understand." Eunah was utterly confused. Her lovely baby brother wouldn't even hurt a fly. How would Mir hurt someone?

Jackson smirked as he turned his gaze to the wall, staring there absent-mindedly. "It was like a domino." He mumbled and Eunah kept quiet and kept on listening. Jackson chuckled bitterly. "A really destructive domino. Mir had hurt Jiyeon. Jiyeon had hurt Jinyoung and in turn..." Jackson palmed his chest. "It hurt." He whispered. A few second later, his fingers curled and fisted the material of his shirt above his chest as his eyes narrowed. "He deserved more pain." He snarled as he looked back on Eunah with glazed eyes.

Eunah blinked. She didn't explode in anger as Jackson expect yet there was something else in those dark brown eyes. Sympathy? Almost, but not really. It was more of... Sadness... And understanding. "I get it..." Eunah said in a small voice as she turned her gaze away, closing her eyes, exhaling softly. "You are me."

Jackson frowned. Now it was his turn to feel the confusion and curiosity as he eyed the actress.

"And I am you." Eunah continued and opened her eyes. What Jackson saw in her eyes made him inhaled a sharp breath as he stood straight and took a step back. Eunah's eyes was like a mirror as she turned to look at him. He saw himself in there. And he knew right then and there, it wasn't him alone who was caught and trapped and hurt in this painful love between Mir, Jiyeon and Jr.

It was funny. Too funny that all Jackson could do was laughing. How the hell both of them got entangled in this poisonous spider web? They weren't supposed to. They have nothing to do with this but they were just as hurt.

While Jackson was laughing in disbelief, Eunah kept her straight face as she watched over the younger. "I used to be like you." Eunah muttered, looking sympathetically towards Jackson who had stopped laughing and now was wiping away his tears. Some would had said those tears came from him laughing too hard but Eunah knew better. It was real tears, masked by laughter. "I want to take Jiyeon's life with my own hand when she had hurt my brother."

"Then why don't you just do it." Jackson seemed like he was challenging Eunah instead of asking.

Eunah pursed her lips. "She was in pain too. If I hurt her more, Cheolyong won't forgive me." She mumbled and let out a long breath. Eunah looked deep into Jackson's eyes. "That's what make us different." She said filled with meaning but apparently her words didn't reach Jackson as Jackson only snickered at her in response.

"Eottokaji?" Jackson wore a sick smile on his face. "If I hurt Mir, Jr won't be hurt. I'm sure he would even be glad to join me sending that prick into hell."

"Then send just me."

Both Eunah and Jackson turned to that new voice and saw Mir who was panting by the doorway to the kitchen. He obviously looked relief as his eyes locked with Eunah. He wasn't too late. Eunah was still alive.

Jackson smiled widely and clapped his hands. "You're fast."

"Yes, thanks to your note." Mir squinted his eyes as he stepped further into the kitchen. Mir had went all the way to Eunah's shooting location, all thanks to Eunah who had told Mir details about her shooting just before she went off yesterday, only to have a small clueless boy handing him a yellow note telling him where Eunah was being held. His legs went autopilot as he ran here, that he didn't even realize where and when he had abandoned Jr. Jr had followed him from the hospital but at some point, Mir had unintentionally shook him off. "It's me who you want. Let her go." He said courageously.

Jackson laughed again. "Wow. This is better than I thought." He said as the smile on his face fell and he was again back to his stone-mask. "Hadn't I said it clearly or you just didn't hear it just now?" A pause. "I said I want to send you to hell. And the way is..." Jackson turned towards Eunah and her raven long hair before his fingers tangled in the locks and he pulled on it harshly, earning a painful yelp from the girl. When he saw Mir almost launched himself on him with wild predator eyes, Jackson took out a penknife and pressed it to Eunah's throat. "One step more and this thing will be buried in her neck."

"C-Cheolyong-ah." Eunah suttered as she felt the cold blade against her skin.

Mir froze, even his breath and heart stopped the moment that small blade ghosted on Eunah's smooth skin along her neck.

"Good." Jackson let the knife lingered just an inch above the skin. "Now, be a good boy and turned around. Great. Now take five steps backwards." And Jackson started counting when Mir started to walk backwards. "Stop." And Mir stopped.

Mir closed his eyes, expecting the worse. Maybe the knife Jackson was holding would be plunged into his back but instead, he felt pain shot up on his nape and his vision darkened.

"Cheolyong!"

Noona...