chapter 13

Antifan

W-what? What with the new on Seungho's assault?? What actually happened??? Tell me someone... is uri panda alright????? (T□T) I can't find much bout the news or was it originally really not much coverage on this issue?

 

Mir blinked opened his tired eyes. He saw shadow sitting at the corner of the room. His eyes traveled all over the room. It was small and dirty with dried leaves, dirt, green moss on several spots, vines running along the wall, overall a typical look of abandoned building. 

Mir shivered slightly. He was lying on the dirty cold hard floor, his right leg bounded with metal chains that was stinging and digging into his ankle and secured on the rusty widow bars, waiting for his fate.

"Yes boss. I remember your order not to kill him by my own hand but to make him suffer enough that he want to kill himself. To make it easy, we have him in our hands now." A coarse voice echoed in the room as the owner spoke into the phone.

Who were these strangers that were trying to take his life? Condemn him to hell? Did he do something to them? Whatever... Mir didn't feel like racking his brain over this since the only thing he actually remembered was that, he wanted to die. Them doing this were just helping him in getting what he wanted. Death...

Another person came into the building. "You woke up?" The boy whispered quietly as he kneeled beside Mir's lying figure. The boy subtly looked around the room to make sure his other partner didn't hear him talking to Mir. "How are you feeling?"

Mir blinked with empty eyes when he felt throbbing pain on both of his wrist. He winced slightly but didn't make any other sound. But, the boy noticed that and sighed. The painkillers must have worn off.

"Yah! What are you doing?" A low venomous tone stopped the one sided conversation between Mir and the boy.

"Hyung. I have checked into this. We don't need to do this-"

Before the shorter boy could finish, the one with coarse voice grabbed him by collar. "If you're this coward then run away like a scaredy cat you are." His voice was threatening.

"H-hyung. Listen first. I said I have checked into this. The reason he was in the hospital." The boy, though a bit timid, peeled the other hands away from his collar and took Mir's unmoving hand and lifted it slightly. "See this bandage? He already tried killing himself."

The coarse voice took a long look at the bandaged hands before he laughed. "How pathetic can he be? He couldn't even do it properly? J was right. He is such a trash." He kept laughing.

Mir blinked a bit. So he was right to choose death. Because somehow he was a trash. An empty trash without any memories except the will to die. A trash that should be incinerated in blazing fire.

"That's right... You want to die, right? Make it easy for all of us, then. Take this and slit your wrist again. Or maybe so to make sure you will really die this time, why don't you slit your own throat." The coarse voice put a small blade in front of the still Mir. Mir looked over the shining blade. A picture of him slitting his wrist flashed in front of his eyes in fast flash of picture. He did this before. He guessed... It would really end here.

 

@@@@@

 

"Please, Taewon-shi! We need to find him fast!" Sanghyun pleaded to the officer who was sitting in front of him, being separated only by a table. Nicole had to pull Sanghyun back on the seat to stop the older from being too worked up.

"Oppa, calm down."

GO and Joon stayed quiet but the way they refused to sit and kept shifting on their feet showed how they were just as anxious as Sanghyun. They hadn't expected that Nicole was the one Sanghyun meant who have contact with a high-ranked officer. But it was good though since Nicole was one of Mir's bestfriend. They were sure Nicole would do anything it took to find Mir.

"Taewon oppa. Please. You heard the situation. Cheolyongie is in danger." This time, Nicole pleaded but she was still generally in a very calm manner, only the twinkling in her large eyes giving her up on how much she was worrying over Mir.

"We have procedure for a reason." Taewon stated, feeling a bit guilty. "First, we need to have evidence to make sure there is even a case-"

"Those procedures can go to hell!" Hyojin suddenly shouted, making Taewon jolted in surprise and snapped his mouth shut. She stood up in anger. They had been discussing over this for more that quarter of an hour and with each second passed, she couldn't help but felt like each part of her were dying one by one. It felt like Mir was slipping away through her fingers. "My baby brother is in danger. How could you still care about those damn procedures." She wept and fall back onto the long couch she was sitting in the room. Key who sat right next to her, immediately wrapped his arms around her weakened figure in comforting manner. Minho who sat on Key's other side could only shook his head and bit his lip in an attempt to not breakdown.

A knock on the door to the officer's private office and Seungho walked in with a box in his hand. "Will this be enough of proves to start the search?" He dumped the box, intentionally, harshly on Taewon's desk.

"What is this?" Taewon asked, standing up and started to rummage through the contents of the box. He shook his head when he saw what kind of things were kept in the box. Wasn't treasure. Wasn't memories. But to him, as a police officer, solid proves for the case. He looked over to Nicole. "We will do what we could." His words called small relief sigh from almost all them in the room.

Seungho nodded in approval at Taewon's words and took out a black book from inside his jacket pocket. A diary. "Maybe you can start with this." Seungho flipped the book to the last page, the others started to gather around him for a look.

"What is this?" Taewon asked with a frown when he read scribbles of numbers and type of car Seungho was pointing at on the last page of the book.

"This is Cheolyong's diary. I believe this car is the car that almost hit Hyojin before. And this, I believe its plate numbers. Cheolyong must have known that incident wasn't just a simple accident. It was planned. That's why he kept this information." Seungho gave a once over to Eunah who was looking paler than she already was as she was listening to Seungho's new information. Seungho felt guilty to say this with Eunah in the room. But he had no choice. "I hope this will lead us to Cheolyong."