chapter 10

Antifan

there are dream sequence while Mir in coma

When I write about Jiyeon, I actually imagine T-ara Jiyeon but feel free to imagine as you wish

 

Eunah held Mir's bandaged hand with a loose grip. Seeing how her baby brother's both wrists were bandaged, she was a bit hesistant at first to hold him as she was afraid of hurting him. 

Mir's eyes were closed and his chest were rising up and down with every weak breath. He looked as pale as ghost, making Eunah worried if he would suddenly stopped breathing. 

"Ahdeul... Today Seungho oppa call me again. He really wanted to meet you but the doctors and nurses here are so strict. Only family can visit you." Eunah's voice echoed in the silent ward room. She caressed the back of Mir's hand with her thumb. "Our parents and Hyosun are still in Europe. I can't reach them yet... I wish they are here. You must be wishing the same too... Right?" Eunah kept talking. Surely, a sigh came out of her. "Ahdeul... It had been three days... When are you going to wake up? You can't leave me. You know you can't leave me." Eunah sobbed and let her tears fall unto Mir's hand. 

As the days passed, Mir seemed to be weaker which scared her to no end. In these three days, there had been a few times when Mir's vital seemed a bit too much unstable and the boy had gone through cardiac arrest for two times already. Each time that happened, Eunah found herself being swallowed into unending darkness.

When the doctor had announced three days ago on how Mir was in coma, Eunah was lost. She was alone with her baby brother in coma, their other family members were away and unreachable... She was lost. She was scared. She would have breakdown if not for Seungho and GO being there to hold her together. And she was slightly comforted. At least she wasn't completely alone.

"Ahdeul, please open your eyes. You can't do this to me." And even when Eunah had heard about how comatose people could heard you and that you shouldn't cry, she was still unable to hold back her tears. She felt weak. It ached everywhere. 

"I know... I know Cheolyongie... You have reason for doing this but..." Eunah let out a shaky breath as she shook her head in mixed of disappointment and agony. "How could you do this? Haven't you thought about me? About our parents? Hyosun?" Eunah bit her lips and wiped her tears away. "Mianhe... I'm being too carried away. Ah... That's right. You know, Kibum and Minho came yesterday. Look... Even they want you to wake up. Not to mention Dongwoon and Nicole who kept coming here these three days even when they weren't allowed to see you. Even Woohyun keep calling me up from Japan to ask about you. All of them want to see you get better again. You will wake up, right? You will wake up after you get enough sleep, right?"

As she stared on Mir's unmoving figure, fresh stream of tears streak down her smooth cheeks. "You have sleep enough. Please wake up." Her voice came out hoarse and airy.

Letting her head fall on the bed, next to Mir's bandaged hand, Eunah kept sobbing and let her tears wet the white blanket. But she was stopped by something. She lift her head up when he felt movement in her hand. Afraid that it was only her own imagination, Eunah kept quiet, hold her breath and focused on Mir's hand that was still in her loose hold. She gasped when once again, there was flicker of movement of Mir's fingers.

"Ahdeul!"

 

@@@@@

 

Someone was calling a name, his name probably, talking to him with fake strength in that voice, making the sadness hidden there all more heartwrenching for people who could hear them. Really hearing. In his ears now, that voice sounded like an angel. An angel with broken wings. Though he couldn't really register each words and couldn't really make out a face out of that voice, he knew in this long darkness enveloping him, that voice barely left him. The voice was so beautiful. Hint of agony and anguish were there yet still calming him who was trapped in a scary darkness.

There was desperation as the voice pleaded him to open his eyes. Weird... Did his eyes were closed? Is that why he was in the dark? But, it felt like his eyes were opened. Suddenly the voice died down and he saw blinding light coming towards him, chasing away the darkness.

Using his hand to cover his blinded eyes, he waited until the bright light dimmed out. When he saw the redness over his closed eyelids slightly died down, he opened his eyes. He looked around him. He was on the rooftop of a building. This place looked painfully familiar. Where was he?

Walking around the water tank, he saw two figure sitting on the bech near the rooftop, back on him, both looking forward and upward on the clear blue sky sheltering them, enjoying the warmth of the sun and the refreshing breeze bellowing their locks.

Tilting his head slightly, he watched curiosly on the two figure. One of a girl with long brunette hair, one of a boy of similar age with shoulder length raven hair that was tied in half ponytail.

He walked ahead until he stood right before the two figures and almost had his eyeballs fall of their sockets. It was him. It was him alright. Was he dead? Why was he seeing himself sitting with a girl on the rooftop? Was this a dream? Was this... A memory? His memory...

"Cheolyong-ah. What would you do when we finish high school?" The girl asked.

The other self of Mir looked back to the girl with a slightly unpleasant face. "Why do you always want to talk about something so far ahead?"

The girl giggled. And somehow, Mir felt a skip on his heartbeat. He had always loved this sound... Right? His body remembered it and reacted to it. "There're only three years left. How is that so far ahead?"

The other Mir clicked his tongue. "I'm going to marry you." The boy said casually as if it was a very normal thing to say. Mir remembered that. Though the other self of him looked nonchalant as he was saying that, he remembered how his heart beat frantically against his chest whenever the words came out from his lips. He was never being as serious as that before.

A light blush dusted the girl's cheeks. So lovely... So beautiful. The girl nudged on the younger version of Mir's arm. "Ya~ Stop joking."

"You think I'm joking?" Mir turned to see his other self was looking at the girl with a strange glint in his eyes. A glint of determination. A stern look he was really rare to wear. And based on how the girl froze, he knew she was enticed by Mir's rare side. "Want to hear details on my plan?" The other Mir leaned in slightly and whispered. "After high school, maybe I'll continue with college. I think agriculture suit me. I'll built a house and an apple farm. Not too big. But cozy for sure, just living a simple life and I'll..."

"And...?" The girl asked Mir to continue when the boy paused and leaned closer. Even her voice was only a small whisper but the close distance between them help them to hear each words.

"And I'll have you as my wife to live there with our future children and grandchildren. Would you?" The girl didn't answer. Her round cat eyes fall on Mir's lips. "I'll take your silence as a yes, Jiyeon-ah." And Mir closed the distance to leave a small simple peck on the girl's small nose. Simple yet filled with love. A sweet little gesture that could melt any girl, Jiyeon wasn't excepted.

Jiyeon! Mir felt a pang on his chest when that name striked him on the back of his head hard. He fall down on his knees when the ground moved under him, sending him fallen into darkness once again.

 

@@@@@

 

"Cheolyong-ah... Cheolyongie... Yah! Bang Cheolyong!" Mir opened his eyes at the loud voice. When did he closed his eyes?

The first thing he saw was the couple sitting on the wide field under the a big tree that shadowed them from the hot summer noon sun. It was him again. With Jiyeon. Another memory of his.

"What is it?" The younger version of Mir grumbled when his sleep was disturbed yet he didn't bother to pull away his head from leaning against Jiyeon's shoulder. Only his eyes were opened in narrow slits.

"Ani... I heard from Hyojin unnie." Jiyeon's lovely hazel eyed that Mir remembered he loved so much, he could drown on those wide yet sharp eyes forever, darted everywhere. A look of hesitance on her face. "You're going to Seoul next summer." Her voice getting smaller. If he didn't watch, then he would have thought Jiyeon was crying but she held her tears well.

Mir pulled away with a sigh. He interlaced his finger's with Jiyeon, smiling at how perfectly fitted they were together. Though his own hand wasn't as rough as a typical guy that usually do farm work, still, Jiyeon had the most soft hand he ever touched and in a size that was perfect for him. Whenever they hold hands, he felt proud to see how Jiyeon's vulnerable hands made his hands looked stronger and manlier. Something he rarely got. Yes, he was boyish. But manly? Only Jiyeon could make him felt reliable and strong as a man. 

"Remember when I said I never really have a dream?" Jiyeon nodded. "I found one."

"To go to Seoul?"

"To become an idol." Mir quickly corrected. "I have discussed this with my parents." He continued. He saw the look on Jiyeon's face. Using his free hand, he pulled slightly on Jiyeon's chin so the girl's hazel eyes met his. "Would you wait patiently for me?"

Jiyeon's was silence as she was searching the sincerity in Mir's eyes before a smile adored her face. "Do you even have to ask?"

"No..." Mir had remembered this memory. He had remembered it clearly because since then, he kept asking himself if he was doing the right thing? If he chose the right choice? Should he chose to stay, would everything turned out differently for Jiyeon and him? Mir tried to reach out for Jiyeon yet he was suddenly pulled by an invisible force into the similar darkness...

 

i have bad feeling bout this fic so I'll apologize in advance if this fic turn out confusing and lame or if fall into hiatus (hopefully not)

I think I kinda lost the writing flow. It really became a bit confusing even for me. The idea is there just the words aren't forming well