chapter 23

Antifan

"What the hell happened?" Joon yelled while running through the small road that lead the hospital to the main road. He was just looking around the hospital building in case Seungho came back with Mir or Mir came back by himself. Seungho had gone out to search around the places together with Eunah, GO and Sanghyun and the MBLAQ leader had told him to stay behind in case Mir really came back to the hospital. 

He knew though that Seungho told him to stay and waited at the hospital because of the wound on his shoulder that was still healing. He guessed, even after he left MBLAQ, Seungho would still worried over him. Although, if it wasn't for what had happened to Mir, Seungho and GO wouldn't have accepted him and Sanghyun that easily back in their life. But it didn't mean he didn't hate what had befallen on the maknae. He hated it as much as the others did.

Seungho was also right about Mir though. Yes. Mir did come back. Not with Seungho. Not alone though. Not looking fine either. He came back in JB's arm. Mir's arm was slung around JB's shoulder, while JB wrapped his arm around Mir's waist seemingly was supporting almost Mir's full weight.

Joon had noticed almost immediately when the two boys came out of a taxi and had burst into a run. He approached the two boys and immediately scanned on Mir's weak features, looking for any injuries. The maknae's eyes were red and swollen. There was evident of tears on his wet long eyelashes. Mir was still sniffling, eyes looking unfocused. Mir didn't look up on Joon even once.

Joon frowned as he wiped away any remaining tears on Mir's face with the sleeves of his grey sweater before looking up at JB with questioning eyes only to have JB's eyes flickered away from him.

"I... I'm really sorry." JB whispered, hanging his head low. He felt guilty. He thought he could solve this issue on his own by agreeing on Mir's request to meet Jr. He thought he really could untied all the messy thread of fate that had linked and formed a tight, almost damaging knots on the ones involved, especially Mir. That was why he decided Mir, Jr and Jackson had to meet. But it got out of his hand.

Joon frowned more and wondered what could have JB done to Mir that made the younger looking so guilty. But as Mir stumbled in JB's hold, flopping unconscious against JB's chest, his questions all flew out of the window. It was fortunate that JB had a firm hold on Mir or else the maknae would have hit the hard road.

"Get him on my back." Joon ordered, bending down so JB could hoisted Mir on his back. He ignored the feeling of searing on the wounded shoulder of his and the warm sticky blood that had seeped through the fabric of the bandage from the reopened wound as he carried Mir back into the building.

 

@@@@@

 

"Ouch?" Joon rubbed the back of his head with his uninjured hand right after he had gotten a firm smack from GO. He looked up to the slightly older men who was now standing next to him with both hands on his hips. He hissed as the doctor who was sewing his wound all the while tried to pretend he wasn't there to witness the fight that was about to happen.

"What the hell are you thinking, carrying him on your injured shoulder?" GO nagged and was about to land another smack on the back of Joon's head when Seungho hold onto his wrist.

Seungho smiled tiredly. "I'm sure he was just worried about Cheolyong."

GO clicked his tongue and tugged his hand away from Seungho. He crossed both his arms in front of his chest as he retorted. "We all do. We all worry for Cheolyong but we don't just go and get ourselves bleeding all over to take care of the maknae!"

"I'm not bleeding all over." Joon tried to chime in only to shrink back on his chair when GO shot him a glare.

"There're lots of doctors and nurses here who could carry Cheolyong into the building. Heck! Even JB could have done that. Why the heck would he did it himself and got his wound reopened?" GO nagged and walked to the corner of the room and flopped onto a couch there.

JB who stayed quiet all the time obviously went rigid at the mention of his name. He would have excused himself if he had the guts to but he just stayed there, in a shadow at the corner of the room, listening in to the breeding fight.

"It isn't that bad, hyung." Sanghyun gave in his two cents. Frowning at how GO was being overreacting.

"Why would you do that?" GO mumbled, ignoring Sanghyun. "Such an idiot!" He raised his voice, eyes sharp on Joon. "If you still going to get yourself hurt, then don't even bother to come back here again. I can take care of Cheolyong by myself." He seethed and went out of the room, slamming the door behind him harshly.

Joon sighed and looked down. Did he make a mistake? He just want to care for the maknae and had somehow reopened his wound while doing that. Was that even worth to get yelled at? Unless... Joon sighed again. He really didn't want to think badly about GO but maybe. Maybe GO still couldn't get over the fight about Joon and Sanghyun leaving. Maybe GO was still holding bitter feeling on him and Sanghyun. Maybe that was why GO was making a fuss over something so small. Maybe that was why GO was trying to find his fault to get him away from Mir, or Seungho or himself.

"Byunghee hyung is still not over the contract thing, isn't he?" Sanghyun had blurted out what Joon had been thinking.

Seungho pinched the bridge of his nose and exhaled a long breath. "He is just a bit stressed out."

"Don't we all." Sanghyun snickered, unconsciously being rude.

Seungho just gave a glance at Sanghyun who was avoiding from looking at him and waited until the doctor who was treating Joon's wound walked out of the room before he started again. "Byunghee is the one who found Cheolyong lying in all that blood-" Seungho choked a bit when the image of that Mir lying in the bathtub of red water, of blood, haunted him again. "You can imagine how hurt he was. Seeing all those blood. Cheolyong's blood. He just doesn't want to see anything of that similar sight again. Joon getting injured just remind him. Remind me. Of what had happened to Cheolyong because we failed to protect him. We failed to realize the problem Cheolyong was facing. Was depressing over."

Joon and Sanghyun exchanged a look before Sanghyun stepped closer to the leader and wrapped his arms around Seungho. "What had happened to Cheolyong is not your fault, hyung." He tried to sooth the leader who seemed to reach a breaking point.

Seungho pushed Sanghyun away from him gently. He shook his head slightly as his thick lips curled downwards. "It is my fault."

"Hyung-"

"Don't lie. It is my fault. I'm the leader yet I let you two leaving affect me too much that I didn't see what was coming. I didn't see how Cheolyong was suffering. And he is still suffering now. It's all my fault." Seungho writhed, trying to walk away. Trying to get out of the room when a hand caught his arm. It was Joon this time.

"It isn't your fault. Cheolyong didn't want you to know. And though I'm the actor but Cheolyong can act much better than me if he need to. You couldn't have known." Joon tried.

"Lie to yourself that way. It won't work on me. I know well it is my fault." He exhaled long breath. "My fault for not knowing the real Cheolyong." Seungho walked out and closed the door softly, leaving Joon and Sanghyun to exchange a worried glance, and JB to stare at the closed door with guilt in his eyes. It seemed like Mir wasn't the only depressed patient here.

 

 

I should change the title. It didn't relate with the storyline :( Suggestion(s), karen?

Sorry for lack of update. I have been busy and hadn't have any confidence in writing this anymore. Not that I have before 

(= =")