chapter 5

Antifan

Mir was sure. He was strongly certain that the event this evening wasn't just a simple accident. Glancing over Eunah's sleeping figure on the bed, he switched off the bedroom lamp and made way to the spare bedroom Eunah let him used. Mir took out a pen and his diary. He flipped to the last page and scribbled a row of numbers.

70-1161. He drew circle on that number and line on it. He scribbled "black sedan" next to those numbers and a few more details on date and time, even the place. A plate number. He took out his phone and opened the text he received from the private number. He read it yet once again. He knew that wasn't an accident even before he received the text.

His jaw moved as he clenched tight his teeth. If he knew the person doing this, then he would really want to ask. What had he done to deserve such hatred? Such intense hatred that even the ones he cherished had to face the consequences as well. Such burning hatred that not only burn him but also people around him.

 

Unknown :

You sure are fast one. Other day? You and her might not be so lucky

J

 

Mir had received that simple text a few minutes after the event of Eunah's nearly being hit by that car. Mir combed his raven hair backwards. Police. He needed police's help. But...

Mir took out a medium sized box from his backpack that he brought with him when he decided to spend a few weeks at Eunah's place. He opened that brown box and took out a few pictures of him and Eunah. His pictures that he never realized someone had taken. Every pictures of him have a dark red lines on his throat. Eunah's pictures... Taken from frighteningly close distance. How easily that person could harm her. Or him... But... Why Eunah? If that person hate him that much and want to see him dead, then why didn't that person just get him instead of trying to hurt Eunah?

Mir put the picture aside and took out the first ever letter he received. The start of it all. Letters from magazines and papers had been cut out and glued to form words.

 

Disappear

Die

J

 

When he received those papers of threatening words, Mir didn't really give any thought about them. He simply regarded them as hate letters from his antifan. That was until he received an unsuspecting box. He opened that box only to retched at the smell and the sight. Dead rats with rotten smell of blood. A bloody note was attached with the box.

 

Get the police involved and face the lost of someone you love maybe even more gory than these rats

J

 

No. Police was definitely out of question. Another message came in.

 

Unknown :

Let's see how much longer you can hold out

J

 

Mir closed his eyes slightly as those words of reply echoed in his ears. Not much longer... He surely won't hold out for much longer. Why was it so painful... Grabbing a small blade he kept in the brown box, Mir pulled on his shirt just enough to expose his waist. New and old scars lined his bare torso. The only way to keep him sane though he knew well, doing this had already proven that he had strayed too far. With emptiness in his eyes, he brought the blade to his waist and carved a new long red line there. He didn't wince. He didn't flinch. His eyes were empty... He should have just disappeared... Or have he? Have he already disappeared, leaving an empty shell. Had Mir really disappeared...?

 

@@@@@

 

Mir's eyes flickered around the quite unfamiliar faces stood in front of him. His brows pulled together slight. Hurm... Where had he seen them before? They must be in one of those many rookies group he hadn't really paid attention to. When these young boys had greeted him, Mir had accepted their greeting friendly and now, they were having some empty chatting with the MBLAQ trio while Mir waited silently, offering small smiles and simple short comments once in a while.

As they were talking, Mir's eyes somehow caught another pair of eyes looking his way intensely. The owner of the eyes acted just like Mir, stayed silent and stood unnoticed behind his other group members. Mir swallowed. Those eyes were blazing with hatred. Mir found himself couldn't look away from those pair of dark eyes. Was it his mind playing trick on him again? It wouldn't be the first. Just like at that time when he thought his bestfriend, Jinwoon was looking at him in despise.

Their long talk was interrupted a bit by two boys walking towards them. It was like a light bulb lit up in Mir's brain. They were got7. He only recognized them when he saw one of the two boys approaching them. JB.

"Cheolyong hyung!" JB waved slightly at Mir, smiling widely that his eyes turned into narrow slits. Mir had always adored that smile on this junior of his.

"Oh, Jaebummie." He smiled as well, trying his hardest to look happy and apparently it worked. No one was suspicious.

JB kept walking and hugged Mir with friendly pat on Mir's back. "It's been long time. How are you?" He asked politely, still had that same smile plastered on his face.

Mir chuckled softly, just to add some strength to his act. An act of his old cheerful self that he had lost. "I'm great. I see you're doing well too." Mir added cheekily. One thing he like about JB was that this boy was very kind to him and knew how to respect him as a senior and generally as someone older. And that made him felt sorry for not feeling any sort of happiness with this meeting. He was unable to be happy anymore.

JB nodded once and turned to his other group members after greeting Seungho and GO who were watching over Mir's and his interaction with smile. "You have met my members."

"Yes. Very cute. Just like you." Mir teased. Well... Wasn't all a joke. Mir's lips stretched into tired smile but he took control back almost immediately and fixed his expression. He watched as JB scratched the back of his head sheepishly. It was lucky no one noticed.

"Urm... We have show in ten minutes. Hyung. Let's meet up sometimes and maybe have a drink together." He said, looking a bit sad that they couldn't chat for much longer. But he smiled back when he felt Mir's hand patting his shoulder.

"Sure. Just give me a call." Mir replied.

And JB's smile lingered a bit longer though he did feel something nagging at the back of his mind. Something he wasn't fully certain and couldn't explain. Pushing those feelings easily, he and s bowed politely and left.

Though Mir only knew JB in this group, Mir couldn't help but let his attention fall back to the owner of a pair of dark orbs that was still on him. Their eyes locked until the boy was the one to turn and look away first when another boy grabbed his hand and looked back and forth between the dark eyed boy and Mir worriedly. Mir kind of remembered that worried-looking boy who was now looking back and forth between the dark-eyed boy and Mir in concern. Jackson if he wasn't mistaken. And the dark eyed boy. Was it Jr? It must be right because it did sounded familiar.

"Cheolyong. Come. We have meeting to attend." Seungho called out to the dazed out younger whom immediately looked back at him.

"Yeah, hyung. Coming." Mir was about to jog forward after stealing another glance at the distancing boys when he halted as his eyes caught something lying on the floor. A silver necklace. Bending down, he picked up the object and inspect the oval shape pendant. There was carving there. Of letters. JJ.

Mir looked back from his shoulders. Those boys had already went into the studio. Mir was sure it was neither Seungho's nor GO's. So... The only ones he could think of was the boys from got7. But, JJ...? Whose was this?

"Cheolyong!" This time it was GO.

Mir was snapped out of his thought and jogged forward to catch up with both of his hyungs. The silver necklace was kept safe into his jacket pocket.